Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Looking for group

Post by Blackhawk »

Maybe. I've seen a few things that make me think that they've got it randomized (like how some days you can get two or three almost identical contracts that can be completed in a single run.) Then again, there do seem to be a lot more DLC items coming up these days.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Some okay contracts today. I'll do the Gunpowder (for a key) with Bob and will try to make room to nab a couple of the nightmare ones.
I can't play tonight nor tomorrow night but could play tomorrow during the day.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I knocked out Black Powder (stuck with Hard). I made it almost through Smuggler's on Nightmare. I should have stuck with my instinct and pushed for the exit, leaving them behind. Got taken down just before the final room with the ladder in that hallway. :(

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I think Daehawk was looking for ideas for games to play with his kids, but I'll post here as it's 2 birds with one stone.

Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade has gone free to play.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

GreenGoo wrote:I think Daehawk was looking for ideas for games to play with his kids, but I'll post here as it's 2 birds with one stone.

Think you mean Blackhawk.

Pretty sure all of Daehawk's kids are of the 4 legged, furry nature. ;)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

GreenGoo wrote:I think Daehawk was looking for ideas for games to play with his kids, but I'll post here as it's 2 birds with one stone.

I really need to change my name. :?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Zenn7 wrote:

Think you mean Blackhawk.

Pretty sure all of Daehawk's kids are of the 4 legged, furry nature. ;)
Yep, I'm pretty much incapable of separating them, although in this case, names aside, I was thinking it was "the other guy" and not blackhawk.

My apologies blackhawk.

Eternal Crusade is pvp but you can be on the same side so it's coop from that perspective. It's pretty heavily pressuring you for money, but it could certainly entertain for a few hours every once in awhile. Reviews (many) talk about poor performance but on my (admittedly strong system as of a year ago) system I didn't see any problems, although without v-sync, there was the occasional serioud tearing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Are we really that similar?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote:Are we really that similar?
No.
Brian

Post by Brian »

And my Internet connection failed right at the end of a Nightmare run of Man The Ramparts with The Mix.

Oh well, it wasn't for a key or anything, we were just trying to farm orange loot.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm still waiting in the game if you can get back in.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I was able to run a couple of missions with my kids tonight. I played Horn of Magnus on easy, and I took them through, pointing out each and every habit and trick, calling out everything that needed to be done. Caiden is playing Kerillian, Ian is the witch hunter. I'm playing the Reiksguard to provide a tanky shield character. We were able to finish with three tomes, which isn't bad. We then did Smuggler's Run on normal and they held their own (one tome.)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

One anchor to go if anyone wants to hop in.

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

Not sure what the issue is but it must be on the provider side as two modem reboots have failed to come back online.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Bummer. I finally finished it.

I did discover that as long as you are between the anchor points, apparently you don't get any hordes. Just the occasional special.

But I do need to head to bed as well. Hopefully your internet will sort itself out soon.

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

I'm holding White Rat on Nightmare, hoping that 4 of us can manage it.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Bad Demographic wrote:I'm holding White Rat on Nightmare, hoping that 4 of us can manage it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Wait, are you serious? :shock:

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

TheMix wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:I'm holding White Rat on Nightmare, hoping that 4 of us can manage it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Wait, are you serious? :shock:
Well, you know, we can always try.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I would suggest trying some of the easier ones first.

The Enemy Below (the final hallway is probably going to be the most dangerous part)
The Engines of War (I suspect that will depend on what specials show up in the village at the end)
The Gardens of Morr (the final room worries me... it can be a problem even on easier levels)
Wheat and Chaff (if we can get out of the initial village AND survive the ogre, it should be pretty smooth sailing after that)
the market place one... (has the bonus of getting the ogre early on, so you don't waste time only to die at the end)
The Horn of Magnus (again, it would be nice to get the ogre early on)

As it is, we barely survive The White Rat on Hard (and that is by no means a given). If we can't beat those others on Nightmare, then I doubt we are going to make it through TWR on Nightmare.

I've collected 2 GoM Nightmare quests with keys. So I'll probably see if that's even remotely doable yet. Getting the ogre early on, without a horde or specials, is probably going to be the key to success there. Not getting him until the maze is a recipe for disaster.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

For a laugh, I took the kids into Waterfront the other day. On Cataclysm. We got off the boat and headed into the courtyard. We made it as far as the courtyard.

Almost.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Do they replace all the regular rats with specials?

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It was such a blur I hardly noticed what was going on, but it felt like they replaced every regular rat with a patrol.

And yes, I'm kidding. It still didn't go well. I think I got four or five kills, total.
Bad Demographic

What's the likelihood that we'll try Wheat and Chaff on Nightmare, or Supply and Demand on Nightmare? I kept both but am thinking of dropping one because there are 2 Summoners Peak contracts I could do with Bob.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Honestly? I don't think we are ready. We're getting better, but we still need practice.

I was watching a group of guys do a Cataclysm run of Smuggler's with only white items. It was hard to figure out exactly what they were doing that was different than what we do. But they succeeded. Granted, they didn't get the ogre. And they seemed to have hardly any Stormvermin. But I also think that their technique was better.

The biggest thing that I noticed was that they ran with mostly 2H weapons. And did a LOT of pushing. That mixed with a constant step up, charged swing, step back, repeat... They seemed to get into a rotation so that someone was always stepping up to swing. Plus, I think their weapons had a lot of natural push back. So they were able to essentially avoid getting hit.

I think I need to find an orange 2H sword. And then work on technique.

Oh, and apparently the glaive is highly recommended for the Waywatcher. But it does require that the rest of the group protect your character. So probably not worthy it unless we make it to Cataclysm.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh, and I did manage a successful Nightmare run of the garden with bots. Though I did not try grabbing a grimoire.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Hmmmm.... I just had an odd thought. With Wheat and Chaff, it's the first village that gets us. What if we stayed out of the courtyard? You could grab the second grain sack, and then bring it to the back entrance via the tunnel. Then bring them both around the back to the side. I wonder if that would make the hordes easier to handle. Plus, once you are out of the area, the hordes seem to stop.

I'll have to try that with bots to see if it is viable. It may take a bit longer, but if it's safer/easier ....

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That's an interesting idea. The problem is that the courtyard spawns rats from every single direction, making it hard not to get surrounded trying to get the sacks out. Two hold on the 2nd floor in the rear, the other two move through the tunnel, then everyone goes around the back.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ouch. I hit 'join' and appeared in a corner next to the edge with three Stormvermin already pounding on me.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If you join, the next time you log in you get two hats - one for the dwarf, one for the Reiksguard. Yes, it still has giant poofy feathers, but the hat itself is slightly fancier.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Also, it turns out that those are moons. Mannslieb and Morrslieb.
Bad Demographic

Blackhawk wrote:Also, it turns out that those are moons. Mannslieb and Morrslieb.
Ah. I rather liked the idea that they were comets - double doom!

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, FWIW, the god of the Emprie is Sigmar, and his symbol is a twin-tailed comet. You see the symbol in a few places, and it is the witch hunter's symbol.
Bad Demographic

Probably playing with my other group tomorrow so I won't be there.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Boo! Also, hiss!

Furthermore, have fun! :D
Bad Demographic

Re the contracts:
I see that they now show the number of tokens rewarded (for instance, a "25" on the blue token) and the quest goals are different. Instead of "get x grimoires", goals are more like "open x chests" or limiting hit point loss from specials.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I plan to be on, but I may be late due to spring break parenting.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ok, here's the deal on the buzzing noise. It was Ian. He stims a bit, which for him means that when he's focusing on something, he hums. It's involuntary, and he usually doesn't even realize he's doing it. Since they're usually not around, you usually don't hear it. I didn't want to answer verbally, as I didn't want to make him feel like he was doing something wrong. If it is distracting, I'll switch to push-to-talk if it comes up again.

It's an autism thing. I have my own stims, but they're tactile, not verbal.
Bad Demographic

no prob

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Once I knew that I wasn't imagining it, I stopped caring. :D

It was in no way annoying or intrusive. I pretty much stopped noticing it once I knew that it did indeed exist (and that I'm probably not crazy... probably).

Black Lives Matter