Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Looking for group

Post by Blackhawk »

All's well that's paid in kind.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Don't want to dilute the waters too much, but does anyone have Arma 3?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Redfive wrote:Don't want to dilute the waters too much, but does anyone have Arma 3?
Not I.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Public Service Announcement

For those that did not get the trinket that reduces the amount of health lost by picking up a Grimoire, there is another version of the trinket available today as a Quest.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

On Thur, remind me to show you the claymore trick? exploit? cheat? bug?

At any rate, I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many you can carry, but I was carrying 6 at one point.

Makes Lone Wolf a lot easier. :wub:

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Redfive wrote:Don't want to dilute the waters too much, but does anyone have Arma 3?
1 and 2, but not 3.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Okay... that was messed up. I think.

Something is really messed up with Uplay. Or at least their patching.

I logged in and clicked the game and it started a 20+ GB download.

So I had to tell it to locate the files and then manually direct it to my secondary drive. Then it wanted to patch. After the patch downloaded (2.5 gb), it again has the "locate" option. So now I'm trying to get the files verified.

It's like the patch only recognizes the default location.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I can't get it to work. After validating, it now wants to download 26+ gb.

I'm going to uninstall everything and start over. :(

Black Lives Matter

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Been on my wishlist forever. I absolutely loved the first one.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

TheMix wrote:I can't get it to work. After validating, it now wants to download 26+ gb.

I'm going to uninstall everything and start over. :(
It updated for me - no problem. Sorry you're having probs.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Is your game on the same drive that the launcher is on? I put mine on different drives. I'm guessing that is the problem.

Anyway, I just moved my 500gb ssd from my old pc to this one. Once I get it reformatted, I'll just install on there and see if that fixes the issue.

Black Lives Matter

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Been on my wishlist forever. I absolutely loved the first one.
Base game is on sale until I think the 7th for just under $14. I picked it up and the helicopters DLC because helicopters.

Going to try some multi with my nephew this evening and will report back. From my initial run through the tutorials this could be promising.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Apparently with the new patch for R6, now my video drivers are not supported.... :grund:

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

TheMix wrote:Apparently with the new patch for R6, now my video drivers are not supported.... :grund:
Did you get your game running?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I believe he did, as he mentioned he was killing things last night.

I would recommend everyone launch Uplay before the game tomorrow, by the way. The patch really is between 25 and 40gb depending on how you installed.
Bad Demographic

I made it through a couple of lone wolf terrorist hunts although each one (I think I got through three) took me a few tries. The last one was at the training grounds. I put claymores everywhere. When I got down to the last 3 terrorists I high tailed it to my safe spot and the last 3 guys all were blown up by claymores. I know I took out at least seven with claymores. It took me a long time but it was very satisfying.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Yeah, I've become a big fan of claymores. On one mission, I had a claymore take out the last two guys.

One thing I've run into a lot is where 2 of the last 3 guys will make it to me, but the final guy will just stop somewhere along the way. I usually find him just standing somewhere odd (like a stairwell), staring at the wall.

I've definitely gotten a lot better. When I take it slow and don't get stupid, I win Lone Wolf missions at least half the time.

Then I get cocky and, well, get blown up, or something equally stupid.

I lost a hostage retrieval yesterday when the guy who showed up, after I grabbed the hostage, came through the window (unexpected) and threw a frag grenade that killed the hostage (we were tucked behind a shield and couldn't get clear in time). The frag grenade was really unexpected. They almost never use those.

Oh, and in case I'm the only not non-observant one (though I likely am).... did everyone else see the Tutorials? Watch 3 short movies and pick up 800 points.

I'm up to 7 unlocked operatives of each kind.

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

Ran the update overnight so I'm good to go for tonight.

Hopefully I'll be able to finally unlock my weapon skin. :violence-rapidfire:
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Brian wrote:Ran the update overnight so I'm good to go for tonight.

Hopefully I'll be able to finally unlock my weapon skin. :violence-rapidfire:
Aren't you flying solo these days? Get on more often and you'd have your skin already. :wink:

I'm pretty sure that 2 people could knock out most of the Normal Terrorist Hunts in ~15 min.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm actually wondering how well it would work to run one drone-only. Just serve as the eyes and ears for the shooters.

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

My schedule is kinda all over the place right now. Our usual Thursday and Sunday gaming nights are reserved but any other night can see any number of things happening like replacing a washing machine that suddenly decided to go on strike. There's also lots of furniture moving happening as I moved upstairs and daughter and her boyfriend move into the basement.

So, while I can reserve specific nights for gaming, my availability for pick-up games varies wildly.
Bad Demographic

Well if you see me on, feel free to join me. I'm not so proud that I feel I must do missions lone wolf.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I saw you on last night and sent a chat. But I'm not sure how well that works. It's kind of a drag that you can't just jump into someone's game like you can in Vermintide.

I've been trying to get in the habit of joining the LFG channel in Discord so that people can get in touch while I'm in the game. Though if I'm using the speakers instead of the headset, I'm not sure where the Discord voice will come out. I should probably check that.

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

TheMix wrote:I saw you on last night and sent a chat.
How late was that? It might have been while I was downloading/installing the patch.

I started the download and went to bed, letting it run overnight so that it would be ready to go for tonight's session.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

That was directed at Karen. You were in Uplay, but she was actually in the game.

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Ah. I thought I heard a ping but wasn't sure. I think I was also on Discord, but I'm not familiar with using it so maybe didn't have it set so people could talk to me.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I thought I checked Discord. I think you were logged in, but not in a channel. So I couldn't talk to you. And I wasn't sure how a text to you would work there. So I used Uplay to send the text. I was hoping it would pop up like Steam's overlay does.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Remember, short, controlled bursts. Maintain your grouping, mind fire discipline, and aim for center of Brian's mass.
Bad Demographic

Another update? :x
I hope it's small and dl's fast.

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I have to make a quick (right) trip to DFW tomorrow so I have to finish some work stuff. Not sure I can make it but I'll check when I'm free.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Blackhawk wrote:Remember, short, controlled bursts. Maintain your grouping, mind fire discipline, and aim for center of Brian's mass.
Little bastard shot me in the mass!

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Finished a Terrorist Hunt with 1 health. :D

I was disappointed that there wasn't an achievement for that.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Insurgency. I don't know how good it is, but it is co-op, and the Steam reviews are really good. Right now it is one buck. It might be picking up to give us a future option once R6 wears itself out.
Bad Demographic

I unlocked Fuze.
I like that he has a weapon that holds 100 rounds. Now if I can control the habitual reload...

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Bad Demographic wrote:I unlocked Fuze.
I like that he has a weapon that holds 100 rounds. Now if I can control the habitual reload...
Just be aware that each weapon has a purpose. That one is a light machine gun, intended to lay down massive amounts of fire in PvP in order to lock down a corridor or entryway on defense, or to spray down a room through the wall. It isn't great for general hunting/killing, as it isn't all that accurate or fast. Fuze's AK12, on the other hand, is one of the faster, more accurate guns in the game. It's already become one of my favorites.
Bad Demographic

I'll check out his other primary weapon when I can. I was thinking he might be good for the bomb defusing missions.

Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

So I decided to spend some of my 25K Renown after we finished. I was tempted to unlock one of the upper tier Operatives but since they each cost 25K, I decided to go cheap and unlocked Glaz and outfitted his weapons.

So, looking forward to trying him out on Thursday.
Bad Demographic

Brian wrote:So I decided to spend some of my 25K Renown after we finished. I was tempted to unlock one of the upper tier Operatives but since they each cost 25K, I decided to go cheap and unlocked Glaz and outfitted his weapons.

So, looking forward to trying him out on Thursday.
Maybe I should unlock Montagne and try him out. They seem to be a good teamup.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Got a work phone call during Champion Town Meeting. Actually survived 1-2 waves just standing there doing nothing. Go Bots! :)

I was trying out a new spot. At least with bots I think it's better than where we usually stand. Probably even better with people.

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

Bad Demographic wrote:Maybe I should unlock Montagne and try him out. They seem to be a good teamup.
I'm up for it if you are.