Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Looking for group

Post by Blackhawk »

I hopped on earlier to clear some quests, and TheMix ended up joining me. We did a few levels, including a Garden of Morr that we finished with two bots on normal with all three tomes and both grimoires.

We did discover that if a quest has multiple objectives, you can complete it over multiple runs. If you have to get three tomes from a level, you can get two tomes one time and one the next, or one on each of three runs. It opens up a lot more possibilities that don't involve trying to manipulate the bots into carrying tomes, or trying two grimoires at once.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Or trying to find a helpful pug. :wink:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote:I hopped on earlier to clear some quests, and TheMix ended up joining me. We did a few levels, including a Garden of Morr that we finished with two bots on normal with all three tomes and both grimoires.
Very nice and well done. I hope the RNG was kind.

I'm not a fan of the Garden. It's a long run with not much of interest going on.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

On the bright side, we now know where both grimoires and all three tomes are.

As well as likely spots to be jumped by ogres.

The other thing I'm learning is how to move faster. When you know where important things are, you don't have to waste as much time in the boring areas.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I'm glad you discovered that getting the 3 tomes could be spread over multiple runs. But ugh - it took me 6 times to get all 3 - failed on the other 3 runs. I still only know where one of the tomes is (in the hedge maze).
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Bad Demographic wrote:I'm glad you discovered that getting the 3 tomes could be spread over multiple runs. But ugh - it took me 6 times to get all 3 - failed on the other 3 runs. I still only know where one of the tomes is (in the hedge maze).
Hint
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Speaking of which, is anyone playing tonight?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Planning on being there at 8pm EST.

Maybe sooner, but that's the 'start' time we usually use.

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

I'll be there.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Bad Demographic

I'll check in, but if Green Goo wants to play I'll cede to him.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I've been playing a little every night. I actually log into the steam friends app when I play Vermintide, which is my way of saying feel free to jump in if you see me playing and want to play too.

As far as tonight goes, of course I really enjoy playing with you guys, but I'm equally happy to let Bad Demo take a turn.

I guess to clarify so there's no confusion for tonight, I'll bow out tonight so Bad Demo can play, but I'll be around if someone doesn't show up or has to leave early. If that happens give me a shout.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Today's Vermintide (solo-able) contracts....

Map..................Level+...Requirements
Engines of War......Easy......Collect 2 Tomes (gives Key)
Garden of Morr......Easy ...1 Grimoire (this gives a bonus to dam, definitely worth picking for group)

Also, one of my new quests has a red sword as a reward. I didn't even know there was a red loot option.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I won't be in this weekend myself due to the kids, so Sunday will be completely Hawk-free (if you all decide to play.)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote:Today's Vermintide (solo-able) contracts....

Map..................Level+...Requirements
Engines of War......Easy......Collect 2 Tomes (gives Key)
Garden of Morr......Easy ...1 Grimoire (this gives a bonus to dam, definitely worth picking for group)
Got both of those. Manged to trick the bots into getting two of the tomes and took a third myself. I didn't look for any grimoires, but I know where all three tomes are on Engines of War now.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

It's almost impossible to get a bot to pick up and then keep a tome. Well done. I've never seen a bot pick up a grimoire, and that's probably for the best.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They pick them up if they see one and don't have a healing item. They trade it for any healing item, though. The trick is to make them use their healing item. If your health gets into the red, they'll use it on you, so I just jump off of something high a few times, then lead them to the tome.

I wouldn't want to mess with it on anything but easy, which is what those missions required.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Oh yeah, I've seen them pick up tomes lots of times, it's getting them to keep it that is the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Managed to pull of Engines of War on Easy with all 3 Tomes and 1 Grimoire. Even better, the bots had all the Tomes.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

At one point, Kerillian simply would not heal herself. So I found a patrol. That did some damage. :twisted:

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Got a rapier for a reward that also has the chance to kill on hit. So now I have to decide whether to spend materials to try and increase the % from 12 to 15. The 2H sword is 15%. On the other hand, while the rapier is a lot less damage and hits fewer targets, the extra speed means more chances for the automatic kill. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So here's the thing with the fireballs I was trying to explain in-game. My primary fire hits a single target with a bolt. My secondary fire is the fireball, which it channeled, and then immediately requires that I channel to vent. That means I have to hold almost still the entire time I'm nuking and can't defend myself. It is the balance for the damage I can do. That's why I can't hold a point by myself. I work best when I'm behind other people, which is why I don't usually jump into the doorways.

On the health. The packs heal an amount based on the damage you've taken, so they're great for filling up when you're low. The potions heal like 25% regardless of how much health you have, so they're poor when you're at low health. However, if you die and have the temporary health, it makes that permanent and adds the extra 25% on top of it, essentially tripling what you'd get for it. When I'm almost dead
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We attempted Wizard's Tower on hard with a grimoire. It went poorly the first time (partially my fault, I picked up the wrong grimoire.) The second time we very nearly finished it. We made it to the final battle, but probably halfway through Brian went down, and at almost the same moment a Stormvermin pushed me off the platform, leaving me dangling by my fingertips. Mix got to Brian, but the rats chopped at my fingers until I fell. They were able to get me back, but the wards were half dead by that point. We made a strong effort at the end. I think we were within a couple dozen rats from winning, but we just didn't have enough health left to keep up with the barrage and the wards went down. A few more upgrades and I think Hard will be doable, at least without grimoires.

Frustrated by all that dying, we tried something simpler: Smuggler's on Nightmare. It went... poorly. Still, it was humorous.

We went on to Horn of Magnus on normal with all tomes and grimoires. About halfway through Mix crashed. He was hosting, so the rest of us went with him. The second attempt was a success. I still haven't come across a decent staff. I'm 16 now and am still using the white starter staff. I just can't roll staves.

Anyway, I had a great time. Thanks for the runs, and have fun on Sunday. Spank some rats for me.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Today's Vermintide (solo-able) contracts.... (And the answer to when do they update is apparently "much earlier than I thought")

Map....................Level+.....Requirements
Man the Ramparts....Easy........Mission Complete (gives 2 hour defense AND key)
Supply and Demand...Easy ......1 Grimoire (gives 1 hour stagger increase)
Man the Ramparts....Normal.....Mission Complete (gives 15 Jade tokens)

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Last night was a lot of fun. But it was also a bit frustrating. I really figured we could handle Hard now. Especially with the bonuses to damage and defense. Maybe on another map we would have been fine. All maps are definitely not created equal.

My orange upgrade is sooooooo tantalizingly close. Unfortunately only one possible key today for me. So I'll need another 1-2 days. Though that should mean I'll have it by Sunday night's session. I just hope I can unlock the skills on it. I'm not sure what kind of tokens I'll need. Hopefully not the blue ones.

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm working on the luck trinket, which I believe increases your chances of getting a loot die out of chests. I should probably verify that.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

TheMix wrote:. I'm not sure what kind of tokens I'll need. Hopefully not the blue ones.
You need tokens from the previous loot level. greens need whites, blues need greens and so on.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote:Today's Vermintide (solo-able) contracts.... (And the answer to when do they update is apparently "much earlier than I thought")

Map....................Level+.....Requirements
Man the Ramparts....Easy........Mission Complete (gives 2 hour defense AND key)
Supply and Demand...Easy ......1 Grimoire (gives 1 hour stagger increase)
Man the Ramparts....Normal.....Mission Complete (gives 15 Jade tokens)
That's a nice one. Since difficulty requirements mean that level or higher, one run of Man the Ramparts on normal means two quests in one run, and since it is a side mission there are no tomes or grimoires to worry about.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

GreenGoo wrote:
TheMix wrote:. I'm not sure what kind of tokens I'll need. Hopefully not the blue ones.
You need tokens from the previous loot level. greens need whites, blues need greens and so on.
Rats. Though not unexpected. I'd assumed as much. I was just hoping. Oh well, at least I might get some blue tokens from contracts. That or I'm going to have to sacrifice some gear rewards on my bots.

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

On the plus side the first unlock is usually pretty cheap (8 tokens?) and they increased the number of tokens an item produces when salvaged in a patch aways back, so you could almost certainly unlock the first power by salvaging a single item.

In case it's news to people, you get to choose which power you unlock first. If an item has 3 powers, you can select any of them to unlock in whichever order you decide is best. Just an fyi if people aren't aware.

Also as an fyi, each unlock increases in cost. Again just information in case some people don't know.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Thanks! I did not know that the cost went up. That will be good to know when planning.

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

TheMix wrote:Thanks! I did not know that the cost went up. That will be good to know when planning.
Ah ok, I hoped it might help someone but for some reason I thought you had already done multiple unlocks so my comments were more of a PSA. Glad it was useful.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I have. I may even have unlocked a second ability on a blue item. Maybe. But that does not mean I actually paid attention to what I was doing.... 8-)

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

TheMix wrote:I have. I may even have unlocked a second ability on a blue item. Maybe. But that does not mean I actually paid attention to what I was doing.... 8-)
Same here. Thanks GreenGoo!

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Can't game with you Sunday night. I promised to play ESO with my other group then.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Traitor! I will look in if things work out so that I have free time. If you're playing and the slot is still open, I may try and drop in for a map or two.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Today's Vermintide (solo-able) contracts.... (And no Quest completion for me today. :( )

Map....................Level+.....Requirements.........Rewards
Well Watch............Easy........Kill the ogre...........2h damage AND key
Engines of War........Easy ......2 Tomes................2h defense
The Enemy Below.....Normal....3 Tomes................35 Jade tokens

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hitting Well Watch now. This will be the last key for my orange bow.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I find I really enjoy Well Watch. No confusion. No complicated map. Just hack and slash. It's a nice palette cleanser.

And I did something stupid last night. I got too involved in upgrading. One of my Fuses gave me a blue brace of pistols. So I replaced my green brace. But then I wasted resources re-rolling the abilities. The thing is... I was only 2 contract keys away from getting an orange repeating pistol. So I spent resources to upgrade those pistols for only 2 days worth of use. Dumb.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote:Hitting Well Watch now. This will be the last key for my orange bow.
Nice.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I finished the orange bow quest, which is nice. The Waywatcher is my off character, and I always end up with her as a bot, so her having an orange is useful.

I think I will horde my keys as long as I can until the quests change a couple of times and offer a staff.