Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bad Demographic

Re: Looking for group

Post by Bad Demographic »

Good news, everybody!
Contracts requiring "kill x skaven with bombs" - the number you've killed carries over (just like "pick up x tomes" and "pick up 2 grimoires").
My first run through on White Rat - kill 40 skaven with bombs - netted me 38 skaven. I'm so glad the 38 carries over since I ran all over looking for more bombs and didn't find any.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Looks like I'm playing with my other group Sunday so I won't be able to join you.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I had to run through War Engines twice. Apparently I only knew where 4 of the 5 chests were. Now I know them all.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Pulled out a Nightmare win of Black Powder with bots. Even found the last chest so I was able to turn in the quest. Did not come close to getting the bomb kills. Didn't help that there were only 3 bombs on the map (that I found). And that's out of 15 chests.

Edit: Oh, and one of those 3 was from dup'ing. Wish I hadn't gotten rid of my bomb trinkets.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

A second victory on Nightmare Black Powder. But still didn't get the contract done. Only 2 bombs on the entire map. They really need to fix that. It's getting tiresome. :grund:

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

So the answer is "Yes", you can shoot the barrels in Black Powder and blow them up without having to pick them up first.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Good to know. Thanks for checking.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ran Easy White Rat to grab the key... EASY. All three bots died... DIED... in front of the first door. :grund:

I managed to kill the remaining trash and Stormvermin and then free them. Rest of the level was pretty easy. Even got the barrels done with little trouble.

Just re-affirmed that the bots really suck on certain levels.

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

There's some kind of celebration going on in game - got a festival trinket (same color as the personal ones for the characters) and the inn is all decorated.
I don't know when this started.

edit to add: also festival music

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Bad Demographic wrote:There's some kind of celebration going on in game - got a festival trinket (same color as the personal ones for the characters) and the inn is all decorated.
I don't know when this started.

edit to add: also festival music
Hmmm... Apparently it is Mitterfruhl. Whatever that is. :D

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

My amazing knowledge of Google Warhammer tells me that it is the spring equinox festival. Apparently we're supposed to sacrifice a firstborn lamb.

I will be there tonight, by the way.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Will you have the lamb, though? 8-)

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

No, but I'll gladly sacrifice some pigs.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

You know what never ceases to be annoying? Having a contract to kill an ogre, and then having the map NOT SPAWN AN OGRE. :grund: :grund: :grund:

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

TheMix wrote:You know what never ceases to be annoying? Having a contract to kill an ogre, and then having the map NOT SPAWN AN OGRE. :grund: :grund: :grund:
Annndddddddd.... another run with no ogre. :grund: :grund: :grund:

:grund: :grund: :grund:

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Man... I'm starting to think that Vermintide hates me.

Decided to run a quick contract to get the key. Made it even easier by opting to run it on... Easy. Avoid damage from specials. Should be a piece of cake. Sitting at 95% as I climbed the ladder and bolted for the carriage. I get in, turn around and hit the button... and then notice that it's at 66%. Apparently there was a Gunner. And my bots decided that the best approach would be to stand in front of him and take a lead bath.

Dangnabbit. :x

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Those are a bit creepy since it doesn't actually capture your voice at all...

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Are you sure I was really there? Perhaps it is just time to have your meds checked.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote:Are you sure I was really there? Perhaps it is just time to have your meds checked.

:shock:

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

You know, when I'm playing I make an effort to sound calm but I think it sounds more like I'm bored.

Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

Man I hate the sound of my voice. For being kind of a bigger guy I always feel like it should be deeper.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Bad Demographic

Brian wrote:Man I hate the sound of my voice. For being kind of a bigger guy I always feel like it should be deeper.
Most people hate the sound of their voice, and I think it does sound deeper to ourselves (possibly because some of the lower tones travel through our bones).

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

And I talk too much. At least you don't talk much. I had to stop watching it. :D

Of course, I was there, so I didn't really need to watch it to know what happened. 8-)

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian wrote:Man I hate the sound of my voice. For being kind of a bigger guy I always feel like it should be deeper.

Right there with you. I sound... absurd.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I think what bothers me the most is that I sound like my father but like, a whinier, less manly version of my father.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What bothers me is that the awesome sounding James Earl Jones voice I hear in my own ears sounds like Goofy to everyone else.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

You should strip our voices from the videos. Then we can get the MST guys to do the dialogue. :o

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

Probably won't make it tonight. Not feeling well and we're already going to be down two players so might as well chalk up one more.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And as I recall, BD had a thing, and I also have some stuff. I may be able to game, but probably not a game I can't pause and walk away from.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

BH, nice red Fireball staff up today as a Quest. 2 excellent traits. 1 meh trait.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Tempting, but I'm three keys from finishing a 10-key red already, so I'd have to throw away seven keys worth of progress. The two traits are great, but I've got the same two on my current staff. The other is, as you said, meh, and I've got a good one (generates less heat) on mine. Net result - my orange is better than that red.

From what I've read, the red weapons aren't actually functionally better than oranges, and don't do better damage. They just have preselected traits, the traits are always set to max, and they have unique skins, so they're sort of a prestige thing.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Blackhawk wrote:Town Meeting

Ramparts
Looks like fun!

Also looks like Vermintide is on a Steam sale this week. Maybe try to pick it up, but my MP times are severely limited.
Last edited by Jag on Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Post by Brian »

So not that I'll ever see one but I looked up the stats on the Red level Sniper Rifle (Handgun) and yeah, I would really like to get my hands on it.

Handgun
Weapon Rarity: Veteran (Red)

Stats
Zoomed Shot: 20
Normal Shot: 20

Traits
Bloodlust
When killing an enemy with this weapon, there is a 8% chance to recover 10 health.

Skullcracker
When hitting an enemy, there is 15% chance that it will count as an automatic headshot, regardless of where it hit.

Master Crafted
Reloading this weapon is 50% faster.

Now, if I could get my hands on the Orange level gun, I could probably craft it to match those traits. Or, better yet, Master Crafted and Skullcracker for sure but maybe one of these other traits instead of Bloodlust since I already have that on my sword and it wouldn't be as useful on the gun.
Hail of Doom or Ammunition Holder might prove useful.

Ammunition Holder
Increases the maximum amount of carried ammunition for this weapon by ?% - ?%.

Beserking
When killing an enemy with this weapon, there is 3% - 10% chance to increase your attack speed by 30% for 5 seconds.

Hail of Doom
Each shot with this weapon has a 5% - 15% chance to split into 2 projectiles.

Haste
When hitting an enemy, there is a 5% - 12% chance to increase your attack speed by 50%, for 5 seconds.

Hawk Eye
Increased zoom distance

Inspirational Shot
Scoring headshots will replenish the stamina of your allies.

Knockback
When hitting an enemy, there is a 30% - 40% chance to knock them back.

Rupture
Projectiles from this weapon have a 80% - 100% chance of penetrating one additional target.

Scavenger
When killing an enemy with this weapon, there is a 10% - 20% chance to replenish ammunition for your ranged weapon.

Skirmisher
Movement speed while aiming with this weapon is increased by -50%.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm still watching for you. I'll shout if I see one come up as a Quest.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian wrote:So not that I'll ever see one but I looked up the stats on the Red level Sniper Rifle (Handgun) and yeah, I would really like to get my hands on it.

Handgun
Weapon Rarity: Veteran (Red)

Stats
Zoomed Shot: 20
Normal Shot: 20

Traits
Bloodlust
When killing an enemy with this weapon, there is a 8% chance to recover 10 health.

Skullcracker
When hitting an enemy, there is 15% chance that it will count as an automatic headshot, regardless of where it hit.

Master Crafted
Reloading this weapon is 50% faster.

Now, if I could get my hands on the Orange level gun, I could probably craft it to match those traits. Or, better yet, Master Crafted and Skullcracker for sure but maybe one of these other traits instead of Bloodlust since I already have that on my sword and it wouldn't be as useful on the gun.
Hail of Doom or Ammunition Holder might prove useful.

Ammunition Holder
Increases the maximum amount of carried ammunition for this weapon by ?% - ?%.

Hawk Eye
Increased zoom distance
Those two might be OK, but I think a lot of those are far less useful when it is being used to one-shot specials. Increased attack speed - after the target is already dead? Pierces through multiple targets - when there is usually only one target?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Blackhawk wrote:Those two might be OK, but I think a lot of those are far less useful when it is being used to one-shot specials. Increased attack speed - after the target is already dead? Pierces through multiple targets - when there is usually only one target?
Really, the important two would be the Master Crafted and Skullcracker. Anything else is just gravy. That's why the extra ammunition one would probably be most helpful.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

On Steam Sale, fwiw.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Only -15% on DLC, however. :(
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Isgrimnur wrote:Only -15% on DLC, however. :(
Is any of the DLC needed?