Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Looking for group

Post by GreenGoo »

Good idea. My quest is for a blue luck trinket +50%. All this does is improve the chance of a loot die, but it's the sort of trinket that I'm perfectly fine equipping on all my chars.
I hear there are +100% trinkets out there, which would nice at some point.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

The only problem there is that you can only really horde 2 contracts with keys. Otherwise you won't be able to pick up any new ones. I wish the keys weren't tied to the current quest; I'd love to be able to switch out a quest without losing the currently cashed in keys. What would happen if you collected keys without an active quest? Would you still lose them if you picked a quest?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You should be able to hold three keys in 'complete' status without turning them in before it became a problem. It won't be a lot, but it is enough to give a few quest resets before you couldn't take new contracts.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Brian

Post by Brian »

I will likely be out for Sunday. I mean, I'm not a YUGE football fan but we do always watch the Super Bowl.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Brian wrote:I will likely be out for Sunday. I mean, I'm not a YUGE football fan but we do always watch the Super Bowl.
It's alright, we were already down to 3. Let's take Sunday off.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Today's Vermintide (solo-able) contracts....

Map....................Level+......Requirements.........Rewards
Man the Ramparts....Easy........Mission Complete.....1h stamina AND key
Garden of Morr........Easy .......1 Tomes................1h stamina
Wheat and Chaff......Normal.....Kill ogre................20 Jade tokens

Ugh.... Not sure about the last one. Yuck.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Completed my quest. So now I've got an orange repeating pistol with 2 traits unlocked. And I fused some greens and got a blue 2h sword with lousy traits. I gambled and re-rolled the traits and ended up with a perfect combination. 13.5% chance to kill man-sized rats on a normal hit, and a 7.5% chance to get 5 health back on a normal hit. Auto-killing and auto-healing.... you gotta love that. And both weapons do more damage than the previous ones I was using. Whoo-hoo!

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've been doing some reading on wizard staves. Apparently the go-to for groups is the conflagration staff (the one with the bright circle on the ground), and the fireball I've been relying on becomes less and less viable as you go up in difficulty.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Managed to get a couple games in today. Goo was nice enough to join me.

Research indicates I need to finish all the missions before I get access to the daily board.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We can't answer your question. You aren't one of the special people yet.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote:Managed to get a couple games in today. Goo was nice enough to join me.

Research indicates I need to finish all the missions before I get access to the daily board.
That would be correct. You have to finish all 3 acts. The final quest is the The White Rat. Once that's done, the Contracts and Quests will be available.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ugh. I don't like any of the Quests available for me. They really want me to get that Wydrioth Trueflight longbow. That's like the 10th time it's been an option. :)

The Dungeons........Easy.........Mission Complete.....1h stagger AND key (DLC :( )
Black Powder..........Easy ........Kill ogre................2h defense
The White Rat........Normal......1 Grimoire............40 Jade tokens (Debatable. I'm guessing not one I'll be able to do.)

Not a good day for contracts.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Two bows and a trinket, plus blech contracts. Nothing for me today.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

The Cursed Run......Easy.........3 Tomes................1h stagger AND key (DLC :( )
Engines of War........Easy .......2 Grimoires...........2h damage
Smuggler's Run........Normal.....Mission Complete....15 Jade tokens

Another bad day for contracts. 3 Key contracts... but the only non-DLC one requires Nightmare. :(

At least there is a better Quest reward. Though I'm not sure I'm going to try for it. An orange trinket that requires 9... NINE! keys. But every consumable picked up has a chance to be duplicated. That could be HUGE!

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Drachenfels dlc:
Summoner's Peak - pretty straightforward - shut down three portal generators, defending the generators until the portals shut down. No tomes or grimoires. One bad-ish jump.

Castle Drachenfels - big map. Once you're in the castle, lots of side passages (several with chests or other power ups). I found 1 tome. Apparently 3 tomes, 2 grimoires.

The Dungeons - I haven't completed this yet because you need people to carry torches and there's a rat ogre to fight in what I think is the last room. If you get too far from the torches you really can't see anything. With multiple players you could probably get enough torches spaced around the room to light it up enough to run around (sort of safely) to fight the rat ogre. Apparently 1 tome and 2 grimoires.

edit: Got through The Dungeons on easy. I only had 1 torch until the room where you're guaranteed a rat ogre (along with swarms). There was a torch just before that, so I tossed one ahead then ran back for the other. Set them around the big rat ogre room so we could fight. Once we were actually on our way out, I kept up the "toss one ahead, go back for the other" until we got out. Didn't find tomes or grimoires.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I am going to attempt to get Drachenfels, but it won't be for a few more weeks. February is for paying for a new vacuum.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm hoping for a sale.... Though I'll give in to peer pressure if I need to.

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

It's only 3 maps - might as well just wait for a sale.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Map.....................Level+......Requirements........Rewards
Wheat and Chaff......Easy.........Mission Complete...2h defense AND key (Finally!!!!)
The Horn of Magnus..Easy .......1 Grimoires...........1h stagger
Garden of Morr........Normal......3 Tomes..............35 Jade tokens

Pretty nice red sword and dagger for the Waywatcher. Health recovery and chance to instantly slay. Hmmm... But it requires 10! keys. And the trinket I've currently got selected would be usable by all the characters.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn.

I got cocky. I wanted a bot to grab a tome. So I jumped off a high spot to take some more damage... and killed myself. Right as 2 bots went down. I think there were 2 assassins. The third bot comes to help me. I'm running up the stairs towards the other two when the 3rd bot gets jumped by a packmaster. Followed immediately by me getting jumped. Grrrrr..... Defeat. And I think I had 2 dice also. So a grimoire, 2 dice, and at least 1 tome gone. Because I got too cocky.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So that could have gone better. TheMix and I wiped three times on Garden of Morr on normal. Both of us have run that one on normal multiple times solo with no issues, but we just kept getting slaughtered. I did some research, and there is no difficulty adjustment for the number of human players.

I think a few factors went into that:

1. We spread out too much, which also resulted in spreading the bots out. The bot AI is pretty poor to begin with, and this resulted in them ending up all over the place and attacking all sorts of things. We need to herd those cats.

2. Neither of us was playing a character that we have a lot of experience with, so we weren't as efficient as usual.

3. We had some really bad luck with combinations of enemies and bomb drops. Once we ended up with a patrol and a globadier in the middle of a horde, another time we had a rat ogre in the middle of a horde without having the right bombs and potions to weaken him and were spread out so we couldn't support each other.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Just got through it. I was doing well for most of it. I got burned by having to stand around to try and get the bots injured enough to use their healing items so that I could get them to pick up tomes.

Almost lost it in the final room. Between standing in the poison and taking damage, and jumping down from too high, and taking damage. It got a bit hairy. At the end, all three bots were running on gray/silver health.

But I did get 3 tomes and 1 grimoire. Still got a green reward though. :grund:

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Thinking about it, it is also noteworthy that we were playing the two primarily ranged characters - the two that the bots play best (although they don't do a great job with the magic, either.) That stuck us with melee bots.
Bad Demographic

Are we playing tomorrow night (Thursday)?

Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

I plan on it.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Me too. Hopefully it will be more productive than my runs today. :shock:

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I will take slot #5 - that is, I will sit out and give GG or Isg a chance to play (GG sat out last time, I believe.) If none of them are playing, then I'll play.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Map.....................Level+......Requirements........Rewards
The Horn of Magnus..Easy.........2 Grimoires (Boo!)..2h damage AND key
Garden of Morr........Easy.........Kill ogre...............1h stagger
The Enemy Below......Normal.....Kill ogre...............30 Jade Tokens

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'll be on tonight.

We almost have enough for 2 teams now that Isgrim, Fret and BadDemo are playing too.

I know Ibby played recently although I don't know how interested he is in it (or Fret for that matter). Seemed like Isgrim was interested.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ooooo... good thinking there.

I'd be fine with doing a 3 person run with one bot too. So I say we see how many folks show. Maybe we run 2 3 person ones if there are 6 people.

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

TheMix wrote:Ooooo... good thinking there.

I'd be fine with doing a 3 person run with one bot too. So I say we see how many folks show. Maybe we run 2 3 person ones if there are 6 people.
I'll just point out that Ibby, Fret and Isgrim haven't volunteered for anything, I just mention them because I caught them playing once or twice. :D It's so nice that Vermintide lets you join people without asking permission first. :P
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

:lol:

I've had a few "drop-ins". :D

Luckily it's not a game that can be screwed up by replacing a bot with a person.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm down to play. Wife is working tonight, so the only distraction I have is the dogs. Seeing as the missions are ~20 minutes, i might be able to get a couple rounds in.

Tried the water poisoning mission on easy with bots last night. Failed badly twice. Good to know that the game isn't a cakewalk.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote:I'm down to play. Wife is working tonight, so the only distraction I have is the dogs. Seeing as the missions are ~20 minutes, i might be able to get a couple rounds in.

Tried the water poisoning mission on easy with bots last night. Failed badly twice. Good to know that the game isn't a cakewalk.
It won't be that long before you feel that Easy is a cakewalk. :wink:

What I'm wondering now is whether Hard will ever even be doable. :shock:

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I will make a point of being in the inn at 8 EST as the seed for a second group, then. If anyone wants in, just join mine. Open the main menu, select 'Friends'. Although it might help to make sure we're Steam friends first...
Brian

Post by Brian »

Let me jump in here and say that, since my sister is in town while my mother is recovering from knee surgery, I will be more than happy to give up my place in tonight's game.

I plan on being there but may have gaps in ability to participate so, if needed, somebody can take my place.
Bad Demographic

Looks like there are 6 of us for tonight?
Since (imo) TheMix is a really good leader, I'll let Isgrimnur go with him and I'll hop in with Blackhawk. I think going with TheMix will help Isgrimnur get to know the maps.
Of course, if you guys think a particular grouping will be better, I'll happily go with your ideas.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I think that BD is using a euphemism for "moron who charges ahead and gets in trouble too often and then needs everyone else to save him". :wink:

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Though I will grant that I do now have a handle on most of the maps. There are still a few that I struggle with. Stupid Wizard's Tower....

I had a wipe there with bots last night. They apparently got stuck all trying to go through the same doorway, or something. I look back and see their outlines all standing in one place. So I figure that I'll push ahead and get them to teleport to my location. I keep going, and going, and going. Just as I'm thinking "wow, they are really far back; I wonder why they aren't porting to my location"... BAM! I get jumped by an assassin. Game over because the bots were too stupid to use a door (or something).

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Just wanted to mention that I got through The Enemy Below on normal, managed to mostly follow the path you've repeatedly shown me - so I guess it did sink in. :handgestures-thumbup:

Black Lives Matter