Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Looking for group

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm not sure if I can play so if you want to take my spot go for it black hawk.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I had a great time tonight. Thanks, all!

We really need a five-player version.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Blackhawk wrote:I had a great time tonight. Thanks, all!

We really need a five-player version.
Ditto.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I got online around 9:45pm but you guys were full (which is good) so I played some pickup games, which were hit or miss.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I did manage to drop a 'negative' into the chat last night when someone asked something. I have been working for years to get the radio-speak out of my system, but I still slip from time to time.
GreenGoo wrote:I got online around 9:45pm but you guys were full (which is good) so I played some pickup games, which were hit or miss.
Any tips for pickup games? Do they generally use voice coms?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Some of us love radio-speak. And I bought Vermin-whatever today.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Copy that.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Roger, out.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I still use "Roger That" in my work emails despite reading an article specifically calling that one out as an affirmation that should never be used in business.

But then I also use things like Coolio, awesomesauce, and neato burrito in my work emails as well.

I will also, on very rare occasions, break out this gem:
Spoiler:
You got it!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Brian

Post by Brian »

Still in the mood for some GTAV or Rainbow Six: Siege if anybody has those as well.

Also, how much interest is there in putting together a somewhat-regular Ghost Recon: Wildlands group when it comes out?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote:I did manage to drop a 'negative' into the chat last night when someone asked something. I have been working for years to get the radio-speak out of my system, but I still slip from time to time.
GreenGoo wrote:I got online around 9:45pm but you guys were full (which is good) so I played some pickup games, which were hit or miss.
Any tips for pickup games? Do they generally use voice coms?
Not typically, no, no voice chat.

Like I said, it's hit or miss, gamewise. I typically just play easy unless I want to gamble that I'll find at least 1 more experienced player on normal.

I played a few missions tonight with Fret and Ibby. I saw them both playing and thought they were playing together, but they had their own games so I joined and invited and suddenly we were 3. A 4th stranger joined us and we did pretty well considering Fret and Ibby are just learning the ropes.

We started on Horn of Magnus and I expected the game to just move us through Act I but somehow it switched us to Act III and we got a bunch of missions I hadn't done before. So we finished all but the last mission of Act III, which was swarming with a never ending tide of rats. I realized I was pretty tired when I could see a swing incoming and blocking seemed like too much effort, so I just didn't bother. After being incapacitated twice I knew I was done for the night.

Did I mention I hate rats and wererats and manratthings? Rats suck as antagonists.

Anyway, if I'm playing pickup games on easy then mostly the other players skill levels aren't very important, so if someone is new you can give guidance and/or just move through the mission and if someone has more experience then the mission goes like clockwork.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Gotcha, thanks. I'd avoided it because i was worried that it would be a trash-talking fuster cluck, but I may give it a go and see what happens.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GreenGoo wrote: Did I mention I hate rats and wererats and manratthings? Rats suck as antagonists.
Are they your ninjas?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I actually like the Skaven. They're the cannon fodder of the Warhammer universe. I was delighted as hell when we got the missions yesterday to take out a Screaming Bell and Doom Wheels!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote:Gotcha, thanks. I'd avoided it because i was worried that it would be a trash-talking fuster cluck, but I may give it a go and see what happens.
Unlike Evolve where I've had that kind of behaviour a couple of times (somewhere between 1 and 3% of my games), I have yet to have anyone in vermintide behave like that.

The vets are helpful and the newer players are often struggling to stay alive so everyone is busy. It helps that the game is pure coop and everyone does better if they support each other.

One time I joined a game of a higher level guy playing with bots and he booted me for some reason, but he did it right away and I was able to find another game asap so I lost very little time. It was pretty harmless.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Are they your ninjas?
How could anyone not like ninjas?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I wasn't actually planning on playing with the group tonight (nobody had posted, so I didn't think we were until people started showing up in my game), but I had a lot of fun, thanks.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Indeed.

This game never has a dull moment. It's chaos from the get-go. But a lot of fun. :horse:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

New Contracts and Quests are up in Vermintide.

Of course there is a terrific orange repeating pistol for my Witch Hunter. So I dropped my other Quest, losing my one completed Contract. At least this Quest only takes 6 instead of 7 Contracts. So I break even.

The easy Contract today is very easy. :D Complete The Enemy Below on Easy or above. Make sure to grab it. Also kill an Ogre in Well Watch on Easy or above. Lastly, there is one to kill an Ogre on The White Rat on Normal or above. But considering how much trouble we had on Easy, I'm not sure about that one. I might grab it anyway, just to save it. I can always toss it.

Edit: To summarize:

Map..................Level+...Requirements
The Enemy Below...Easy......Complete mission
Well Watch..........Easy......Kill an ogre
The White Rat......Normal...Kill an ogre

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'll probably log on just long enough to add a couple of the contracts.

Won't play though since tonight is The Division night.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I actually may see if I can knock out the first couple with bots. I've completed both of those on Easy with bots already. So I think that should be no problemo. And it will free me up for new contracts tomorrow.

My point really being "don't wait on the group for contracts that you think you can do on your own at a 'non-group' time". 8-)

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

TheMix wrote:I actually may see if I can knock out the first couple with bots. I've completed both of those on Easy with bots already. So I think that should be no problemo. And it will free me up for new contracts tomorrow.

My point really being "don't wait on the group for contracts that you think you can do on your own at a 'non-group' time". 8-)
I did a couple today - on easy. I got lost for a while on the "Enemy Below" but eventually completed it.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Brian and I ran around there for a while on our first visit (it was my second one, but I got lucky on the first try). We probably ran around one section 3-4 times before finally figuring out how to get out. :D

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

War engines is the one I struggle to find the way out, although I think I've finally got a handle on it.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I ran around and around the first time. Now I've got a handle on it. In the center area, where you pick up the kegs of powder, there is a gate that only opens when the third one blows up. If you are facing the kegs, it's to the right. So after you blow up the third, run back to the center area and look for the -now open- gate.

I just finished The White Rat on Normal with bots. It got a bit hairy, but we pulled through. All 3 bots had gray/silver health bars. I had just under 2 red blocks of health.

And I finished the 2 Easy contracts. What I hadn't realized is that only a couple of the contracts each day give you a key. So it'll be a while before I get my shiny new orange repeating pistol. :(

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

If anybody is interested, UbiSoft is offering a free weekend (Feb 2-5) to play Rainbow Six: Siege.

If anybody wants to give it a try, let me know. (I typically only do the Terrorist Hunt PVE missions as I don't really enjoy PvP much anymore)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

TheMix wrote:
I just finished The White Rat on Normal with bots. It got a bit hairy, but we pulled through. All 3 bots had gray/silver health bars. I had just under 2 red blocks of health.
I meant to mention yesterday that I'm very impressed with this. The near constant stream of rats, the fact that bots never pick up barrels, and the need to herd the bots means its very difficult to get a barrel in place without a rat lighting it before you get there.

Well done!

I ran "down below" twice last night, which were the first time(s) I've been down there solo. The first run had me running circles around the chasm at least 5-6 times, looking for a way farther down. Even when I started to consider the idea that I might need to go up again before going further down I had a lot of difficulty finding my way. Eventually my character said "No guarantees, but I think this is the way" and I was like "oh, thank god".

The second run had less problems, so I think I'm good on that map now.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

It is definitely easier with bots. The difficulty is clearly upped with more players. Also, as you noted (I think), the bots are pretty good at defense. So they stay alive longer. Of course, that means that I have to handle most of the killing.

As for The White Rat, I got lucky with some speed potions on the barrel runs. The two challenging parts of that... (or most challenging, rather)... are the barrels and the ogre. Once I was past the latter, I was pretty sure I had it.

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I find the bots are actually quite strong at killing specials and do decently against ogres. Assuming they aren't off fighting a horde all by themselves that is. They have a tendency to fight solo and when a horde comes, they take a lot of damage instead of retreating to the rest of the group for support. As long as you do the killing while they stay alive, you should be ok, as you noted. At least on easy and normal. Not sure about the next difficulty level.

I rolled a 6 last night but it was on easy so it was still a green. :?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Wow. That's like finding the Holy Grail. Shame it wasn't a better item.

On my Easy run of The Enemy Below I went ahead and grabbed the grimoire. I also found a loot die in a chest. Still only got a green though. So I feel ya.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Today's contracts.... Sadly, no coin today (unless I want to buy the DLC).

Waterfront..........Easy......Kill an ogre
Smuggler's Run.....Normal...Complete Mission

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

TheMix wrote:Wow. That's like finding the Holy Grail. Shame it wasn't a better item.

On my Easy run of The Enemy Below I went ahead and grabbed the grimoire. I also found a loot die in a chest. Still only got a green though. So I feel ya.
I had a grimoire, a tome and both loot dice. A 6 was still only a 4% chance.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Good Division session last night fellas!

Hit level 10, made 5 or so good equipment upgrades, upgraded the home base numerous times, handed out candy bars to dying npcs, set myself on fire...a lot and showed all those safety cones who's the Boss. Brian gave combat roll lessons to everyone we saw and regaled stories of when you could watch the dogs shit in the street. Griff also improved on his mission picking skills and died less than usual. Ok, so were still working on Griff... I kid :D
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm still wondering if they patched the dogs pooping out. I haven't seen it since I've started playing it again.

One can only hope they'll have improved llama pooping physics in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. :)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

GreenGoo wrote:
TheMix wrote:
I meant to mention yesterday that I'm very impressed with this. The near constant stream of rats, the fact that bots never pick up barrels, and the need to herd the bots means its very difficult to get a barrel in place without a rat lighting it before you get there.

Well done!
One thing that I forgot to mention, since I ran the other ones first, I think I still had the damage resistance reward as well as the other reward. That probably made a big difference. Enough that I'm going to delay turning in quests with buff rewards if I don't need the space/slot. Having those buffs for future runs is really nice.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

And today's Vermintide (solo-able) contracts....

Man the Ramparts..Easy......Complete Mission (gives Key)
Garden of Morr......Normal...3 Tomes (looks like I'll have to hit the internet ...)

There is also a Hard one for The Wizard's Tower that we could get for tomorrow night's group.... If people think it's doable. We'd have to get all 3 Tomes. I could save my current defense buff reward, but it would still probably be challenging. And no key for it.

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah, I have 2 completed that are sitting un-turned in so I can preserve the buff until we play again.

Last night I was going to run "Docks" or whatever it's called. The destroy 3 warehouse mission. I was taking my time, just looking around. I hadn't done that mission much so I was exploring it on easy. Well I come to the same spot where both you (themix) and Brian fell off the edge of a platform and had to be rescued. I make the jump no problem, but within seconds Kruber falls off the ledge. About 10 seconds after that, the witch hunter does. The elf is down below slowly dying to a horde she stopped to fight intead of keeping up.

So I run back to help the bots up from the edge, and boom, I'm hanging from the edge. The elf dies and the mission ends in failure. It was so abrupt that I was a little shocked.

In any case, I'm staying right the hell away from that jump in all future attempts at that mission. It's clear there is something wonky about the geometry there.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I made it a couple times yesterday. Once I made sure to jump to the hanging crate first, and not try to jump straight. But I didn't think about bots having issues. I assumed they would know what to do. You are right, avoidance is likely the smart approach.

That one was a bit interesting. The ogre doesn't show up until you complete the objectives for the mission. If you were fast getting back to the boat, you might not even fight him. I had to hang out a bit. Which of course meant that he showed up at the same time as a horde. Note, bots don't do well against both a horde and an ogre.

It was handy to be able to throw down barrels in the one building. The rats ignore them. I just had to be careful where I threw them so they didn't roll into the pit.

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I did the same. All 5 barrels on the main level before putting them in place.