Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Redfive

Re: Looking for group

Post by Redfive »

Brian wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
dobberhd wrote:This discussion is reminding me of the gold ol days with Ghost Recon.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd always manage to shoot Brian in the ass at the beginning of the maps, leaving him limping at half speed for the rest of the fight.
That's kinda what I'm going for here. Minus the ass shooting of course.
And the 'group pics' where Grenard would 'accidentally' drop a grenade in the middle of the group.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Let's put all the games we own into a giant database or something and then create a magical formula that tells us which titles the the most of us have in common and then automatically divides us into groups based upon schedules and time zone.

Anyway, I have Vermintide. Have never played it though. It was in last month's Humble Monthly. (Sadly no longer on sale.)

We could also keep our eyes open for one of the good multiplayer titles to go on sale in multi-packs or something. Or looks into F2P titles.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

On that note, Vermintide's on sale at DL Gamer right now. Not that I can vouch for the game as I haven't played it, as mentioned. Nor have I used DL Gamer that I can recall, but they have the endorsement of the GameDeals subreddit.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You can think of vermintide as warhammer L4D with ratdudes instead of zombies, as well as a leveling system and loot.

I'd probably like the game better if I didn't despise ratdudes as an enemy type.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i was going to set up an MP Worms thread last month, actually. but so many things said in this thread explain exactly why i can't get anyone to play with:

- different consoles
- different schedules
- different commitments
- different timezones
- different _games_ (i have 800+ games in my Steam library, but i am shocked at the number of times i've found people to play something with, but they don't own anything i have)
- different preferences

i can totallly commit to a day and time, but the game choice may be a stickler. i also do not own a PS4 or Xbone. i have so many multiplayer indie games on PC that i've never gotten a chance to try out...

like, i usually play Minecraft or Flight Simulator X online with my older nephew on Saturdays from 1-3pm PST - that's time that could also be used for playing other MP titles.
Brian

Post by Brian »

GreenGoo wrote:You can think of vermintide as warhammer L4D with ratdudes instead of zombies, as well as a leveling system and loot.

I'd probably like the game better if I didn't despise ratdudes as an enemy type.
OK, so I have seen Vermintide. I've watched a couple of Let's Plays on it.
So yeah, L4D in the Warhammer universe is exactly right.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GreenGoo wrote:You can think of vermintide as warhammer L4D with ratdudes instead of zombies, as well as a leveling system and loot.

Are they your version of ninjas?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
morlac

Post by morlac »

I'm willing to buy a game to make this happen. I passed the free time vs. disposable income threshold awhile ago cause old now.

best availability:

Weekdays : 8:00 pm - 11 pm est.

Friday 9:00 pm-? EST
Sat 9:00 pm - ? est.

Sun : none usually
Brian

Post by Brian »

Grif and I are gearing up to do a regular The Division playthrough.

This will be Monday nights, 7-10 CST on the PC.

We will be starting off with Level 1 characters and working from there.

Let us know if you would be interested in joining.

----

If we can get a dedicated group of four players for Vermintide, I will be willing to purchase that and join in as well.

Would still like to get four players together for GTA:V so I can knock out some of those heists that I've never done. I have one RL friend who can be somewhat relied upon to join so really just need two more players.

Would also like to get some Rainbow Six: Siege time as well and that, thankfully, doesn't require a specific number of players.

Thanks for the interest and responses everybody!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sudy Nym wrote:On that note, Vermintide's on sale at DL Gamer right now. Not that I can vouch for the game as I haven't played it, as mentioned. Nor have I used DL Gamer that I can recall, but they have the endorsement of the GameDeals subreddit.
On the Humble store as well.

I will be thinking it over.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Hmm... I have an additional 10% off too.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Blackhawk wrote:
Sudy Nym wrote:On that note, Vermintide's on sale at DL Gamer right now. Not that I can vouch for the game as I haven't played it, as mentioned. Nor have I used DL Gamer that I can recall, but they have the endorsement of the GameDeals subreddit.

Boughtened.

So, when are we setting up a Vermintide game play night? :)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Brian wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:

Boughtened.

So, when are we setting up a Vermintide game play night? :)
In.

Pick a night. I'm flexible.

I don't actually know much about the game, how it works, if there are perks/skills to buy, how the loot system works, so we either have to bring someone with experience or figure it out as we go.

Also let me know what we're using for voice and I'll get that set up. I've used the steam voice chat and it was perfectly adequate, imo.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Depends. If you still have a slot, and it lands on a night when I'm routinely free (my schedule follows a two week pattern rather than a one week), and it is still on sale, then I'll grab it and feel guilt later.

My schedule runs like this: Never free on Monday. Free alternating Tuesdays, free alternating Wednesdays (on the weeks I'm not free on Tuesday), free every Thursday, free alternating Fridays and Sundays (on the weeks I'm free on Tuesdays), and free one Saturday a month (the other free Saturday is usually D&D day.) Except when we don't play D&D. Yeah. It makes my brain hurt, too.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Brian wrote:Grif and I are gearing up to do a regular The Division playthrough.

----

If we can get a dedicated group of four players for Vermintide, I will be willing to purchase that and join in as well.

Would still like to get four players together for GTA:V so I can knock out some of those heists that I've never done. I have one RL friend who can be somewhat relied upon to join so really just need two more players.

Would also like to get some Rainbow Six: Siege time as well and that, thankfully, doesn't require a specific number of players.

So would Division be planed for every Monday or every other or? I'm in either way and should be able to make it most of the time if it's every.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Redfive wrote:
Brian wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
dobberhd wrote:This discussion is reminding me of the gold ol days with Ghost Recon.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd always manage to shoot Brian in the ass at the beginning of the maps, leaving him limping at half speed for the rest of the fight.
That's kinda what I'm going for here. Minus the ass shooting of course.
And the 'group pics' where Grenard would 'accidentally' drop a grenade in the middle of the group.

That reminds me, back in the original Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear days, I had a group of friends that I'd always play with, and one guy had a talent for always dropping grenades at his feet... :lol: We often played free-for-all, which meant one less person to hunt.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

morlac wrote:
Brian wrote:Grif and I are gearing up to do a regular The Division playthrough.

----

So would Division be planed for every Monday or every other or? I'm in either way and should be able to make it most of the time if it's every.
Every week but of course we are flexible because sometimes, real life does intrude. But the goal is weekly so that it doesn't drag on.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Grabbed a copy of Vermintide. So I'm in. And Blackhawk should be in as well. So we need to pick a day.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Any day is good for me (except Mondays now)

I will say that the only caveat will be next weekend when I will be out of town Thursday through Sunday.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Rumpy wrote:That reminds me, back in the original Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear days, I had a group of friends that I'd always play with, and one guy had a talent for always dropping grenades at his feet... :lol:
My favorite Rogue Spear moment was on the Presidio map when my buddy and I were breaching the barn doors. He was crouched and I was behind him. After blowing up the doors with a claymore, our standard procedure was for me to toss a grenade in after the first blast while he remained crouched ready to shoot anybody not killed by the initial claymore or the follow up grenade.

Unfortunately, just as I was tossing the grenade he stood up causing the 'nade to bounce off the back of his helmet and land at our feet.

Me: Uh oh!

Him: What?

Me: Oh... nothing.

BOOM!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I can do most nights. The only concern I have these days is how late we play. I'm on an east coast schedule, but live in mountain time. So I'm at work at 6:30 am and generally need to be in bed by 10 pm ish. I could stretch that a little if it's only one night a week. And obviously on Friday and Saturday I can go a bit later.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, it looks like I got TheMixed up in this. installing now. Thanks a lot, although I'll feel guilty as hell if I can't make a couple of sessions because of life (or if we end up with a time I can't join.)

A lot of it for me is how often we play. There are only two nights that I'm guaranteed free each and every week (Wed/Thu), but several I'm free every two weeks. Monday nights are the only night I'm guaranteed busy, and Saturdays are probably out, as I'm only free once per month.

Speaking of which, what about coms? Wasn't there an OO Vent or Teamspeak server we hosted for a while?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Blackhawk wrote:Speaking of which, what about coms? Wasn't there an OO Vent or Teamspeak server we hosted for a while?
I've pretty much just always stuck to Steam Chat. Pretty much everybody has it and it works fine so never bothered to go with something else.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

You need a friend with a teenage son. Invite him over and play co-op. Maybe even supply the beer. Good times.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Lately I've been mostly Skype. I use it from my phone which allows me to use a blue tooth headset. But I don't know how well it would work as a "party line". It's been a while since I tried Steam chat. I think it was a bit rocky at the beginning. But I'm game for trying it again.

Black Lives Matter

morlac

Post by morlac »

Grifman wrote:
Every week but of course we are flexible because sometimes, real life does intrude. But the goal is weekly so that it doesn't drag on.
Sounds good. Looking forward to it and Division is a perfect pick up and play for couple hours game.

I'll prolly grab vermintide but wont be able to commit to another gaming night regularly. I would love to be able join you all when able though if there is room.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

morlac wrote:
Grifman wrote:
Sounds good. Looking forward to it and Division is a perfect pick up and play for couple hours game.

I'll prolly grab vermintide but wont be able to commit to another gaming night regularly. I would love to be able join you all when able though if there is room.
Ok, we will count you in. Will send further details via PM over the weekend.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Let me know if you guys get a full group for Division or not. If there's a slot, I could probably persuade myself to spend the bucks on it. If you're full, that's cool.

With the popularity and ease of recording gaming videos, you guys should consider "filming" your gaming sessions and putting them up somewhere (youtube being the most obvious choice) for others to watch.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Brian wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:Speaking of which, what about coms? Wasn't there an OO Vent or Teamspeak server we hosted for a while?
I've pretty much just always stuck to Steam Chat. Pretty much everybody has it and it works fine so never bothered to go with something else.
does it do voice?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Brian

Post by Brian »

does it do voice?
Of course.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Brian wrote:
Rumpy wrote:That reminds me, back in the original Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear days, I had a group of friends that I'd always play with, and one guy had a talent for always dropping grenades at his feet... :lol:
My favorite Rogue Spear moment was on the Presidio map when my buddy and I were breaching the barn doors. He was crouched and I was behind him. After blowing up the doors with a claymore, our standard procedure was for me to toss a grenade in after the first blast while he remained crouched ready to shoot anybody not killed by the initial claymore or the follow up grenade.

Unfortunately, just as I was tossing the grenade he stood up causing the 'nade to bounce off the back of his helmet and land at our feet.

Me: Uh oh!

Him: What?

Me: Oh... nothing.

BOOM!

I can sympathize... :D I think my favourite thing about those games was that you had one shot. If you were dead, you were dead for the rest of the round, which I feel really heightened the tension. Mistakes could really change things. I miss those days. You only really get a bit of that through last team standing modes, like in Chivalry.

I forgot that grenades could bounce off people.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Brian

Post by Brian »

That's why I've really enjoyed the limited times I've been able able to play Rainbow 6: Siege with friends.

It really recaptures the feel of those games.
I don't like that you can't set the specific game types though. I would skip the "defuse the bomb" game types if I could.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I may be able to fill in sometimes when you don't have your full group - except on Friday nights.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

GreenGoo wrote:Let me know if you guys get a full group for Division or not. If there's a slot, I could probably persuade myself to spend the bucks on it. If you're full, that's cool.

With the popularity and ease of recording gaming videos, you guys should consider "filming" your gaming sessions and putting them up somewhere (youtube being the most obvious choice) for others to watch.
You're number 4 so you are in in you want. But pick up a copy fast, we begin Monday night!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'll give it the weekend to see if anyone who actually owns and likes the game wants a chance to join you first.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I came so close to buying it, and I enjoyed it. But I was sooo bad at the game. I'd be embarrassed playing MP. lol
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Brian wrote:That's why I've really enjoyed the limited times I've been able able to play Rainbow 6: Siege with friends.

It really recaptures the feel of those games.

Oh good, I was hoping it would. What little I've seen of it seemed to have gone back to what made the R6 series great. I never played Vegas as by that time, the series strayed a bit too much from what I enjoyed about the series.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Brian

Post by Brian »

FYI we'll be starting our (mostly) regular Monday night Division playthrough tomorrow night.

The plan is to start fresh with new characters so you'll probably want to take some time today or tomorrow to create a new character and run them through the Brooklyn tutorial missions then fly over to Manhattan and stop there.

At 8pm CST on Monday we will all meet at the beginning player hub and start from there. We should all be at roughly level 3 by that point.

My UPlay ID is Amish_Warlord and my Steam ID is [OO] Brian.

I believe we'll be on Steam Chat for voice comms.

---

In other news, I will be available tonight for either Vermintide (PC) or Gears 4 (XB) if anybody is interested.

See you all there.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Brian, what time tonight? I'll get Vermintide installed.

Edit: Also, it looked like Thursdays were good for Blackhawk. What about a weekly/bi-weekly Thursday game of Vermintide?

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I'm away from home so can't play Vermintide tonight. I may be available after next weekend - if you're willing to let me play.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter