Stronghold HD

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Stronghold HD

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Never played the original, sadly, but wow am I enjoying myself with this version. This is exactly the kind of game I love...even though it's ancient and the graphics suck. It oozes with character, and attention to detail by the devs.

Sure, there are plenty of great modern games, that do many things better, but they also lost something in the transition from this era of gaming...and it's hard to put my finger on exactly what...character?

Anyway, having a blast playing while my 6 YO watches, and I hope Crusader is as good as this (or better).

One thing that is mildly annoying is that I almost have to play through a new campaign episode once and lose it, to know how to "beat it". And the defining "thing you must do immediately" seems to change from one episode to the next. In one, if you don't immediately crank up stone production, you're toast. In the next, it might be more farms immediately. That kind of feels like cheating, but I don't mind replaying these once they are so fun.

That behavior is also very typical of that era of gaming, too, so I am kind of used to it, but I could see how younger gamers would get turned off by that.

Anyone else played or playing this since they introduced the remastered version?
Freyland

Re: Stronghold HD

Post by Freyland »

Are the enemy castles still "right across the moat"? I stopped playing the original when my happy toodiling along was interrupted by troops practically spawning outside my front door.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Carpet_pissr

Re: Stronghold HD

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Not sure. I'm at the very early stages of the military campaign. I do know that they say don't build too close to the signpost as that's where the enemy spawns.