Steel Division - Paradox/Eugen WWII RTS

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Steel Division - Paradox/Eugen WWII RTS

Post by Isgrimnur »

Steel Division
Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a Tactical Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game, developed by Eugen Systems, the creators of titles like Wargame and R.U.S.E.

This new game puts players in command of detailed, historically accurate tanks, troops, and vehicles at the height of World War II. Players can measure their tactical skills against several opponents in big multiplayer battles or against enemies in a challenging single-player campaign. Steel Division: Normandy 44 allows players to take control over legendary military divisions from six different countries, such as the American 101st Airborne, the German armored 21st Panzer or the 3rd Canadian Division, during the invasion of Normandy in 1944.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sepiche

Re: Steel Division - Paradox/Eugen WWII RTS

Post by Sepiche »

As long as they stick pretty close to the formula they used for the Wargame series, I'm in.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Agree - I have high hopes for this one. Really wish they'll have coop play, had a lot of fun playing Wargame co-op with a friend against the AI, picking different nations and having different roles based on difference in available hardware
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

From my email:
We are pleased to announce that you can now preorder Steel Division: Normandy 44 on Steam! By pre-ordering the game, you will get an instant access to the game's pre-order beta (all the detail in our blog), that will be playable until the release of the game on May 23rd, 2017!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
storz

Post by storz »

So I pre-ordered, and played couple skirmish vs. medium AI, and medium AI beat me twice before I realize the importance of gaining territory vs. holding it, it is not like the previous wargame, you park your command vehicle into a zone and defend it, you actually have to move around to gain map control. As you see the front line shifting, you have to adapt and counter, also need to maintain the forward momentum by gain territory in order to win. Oh, did I mention, recon is really needed for those pesky anti-tank guns.

I like in single player you can actually slow time to bullet time to allow time to think. There is also a line of sight tool, I use it quite often. I also like the 3 phases of operation, as it really makes game a little slower paced than the previous wargame.
Montag

Post by Montag »

Can you do multiplayer comp stomp in beta?
words
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Too much for me. Goes to my wish list.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
storz

Post by storz »

Montag wrote:Can you do multiplayer comp stomp in beta?
Yes, you can, but as in any other multiplayer, you can't slow down time.
Montag

Post by Montag »

So who has it? How difficult is it versus Red Dragon?
words
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Anyone playing this now? It is for sale on Steam and it is on my wishlist, I'm undecided though if it is worth $20 investment.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

I haven't played it in a while so I can't remember the exact game mechanics, but I would describe it as Company of Heroes with Combat Mission realism and larger maps. However you can pause or slow time down to keep from getting overwhelmed, which is good because you'll play zoomed out a lot since fighting can be a bit spread out. This also lets you pause or slow down to zoom into high activity spots. Resupply is based on time so you're not capturing points for resources just mission objectives. There is also a limit to how many of a unit you can 'buy' during the battle, so you can't flood the map with only a few unit types. There is a mod that can override this feature though. I'm not sure how multi-player is or if it has the replay-ability of CoH or CM, but it's worth $20 if you liked those games. I really need to get back to playing it, just haven't found the time.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Sequel set on the Russian front just announced:
Liam9654

Post by Liam9654 »

Spam