Fallout Shelter PC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Re: Fallout Shelter PC

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm using the newly trained rookies with E10 to help me build the legendary weapons and outfits. I actually found enough legendary junk to make the T-60 power armor. But it takes a whole 9 DAYS to build the power armor AND the "flaming junkjet". Eeek. And that's with fully-staffed maxed A/E.

The two previously designated wanderers have returned (I had them return when they're down to 6 stims, as you need that much sometimes to survive a random SD Mart or Red rocket or Cabin). And been sent back out. They're now in the L35/L37 range.

I have a few other wanderers roaming the wasteland. They're all in L40's and so on, plus my current strike team of 3 top level dwellers (though they can use a few more HPs) I gave them flamers and my only laser gatling. That is one heck of a weapon. I should call them back and start sending out more quest teams... But I wanted more loot to build more legendary stuff. :)

------

The two designated wanderers are up to L40/L41, and their HP is in the 450/460 range.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The two designated wanderers are at L50, with final HP in the 538/558 range. They've been recalled to take over the vault door guard duty.

The initial power room has been shuffled so the people with the most HP will be there (aside from these two engineered guys) even if they don't have the best appropriate attributes. I can field a couple guys with HP in the 320's and 310's. Not super like these guys in 500's, but they'll do.

As I get the two wanderers back I'm sending out my trained rookies L1 to L10, some of whom worked in the outfit shop or weapon shop to gain levels. All of them had maxed E and good training in A, and other SPECIAL areas.

-----

Okay, the two guys have been recalled, and they are doing great as door guards. I need to get them some legendary weapons like gatling guns, but even with plasma rifle, they are nailing deathclaws easily.

My power room is now full of L50 folks with HP in the 300's. Not like the 540 super guys at the door, but they don't die when confronted by deathclaws. They get close, but they survive. And there are a few more in the storage room just beyond that. No deathclaw so far had gotten past that. If they do, there's one more room full of L40's, all with heavy weapons (min damage 12).

Got a rookie in training who decided to ruin the training by switching outfit. I gave him E+4 outfit, he found a professor outfit and used that instead. I'm recalling him for disciplinary actions. (hahaha) His buddies so far had not run into better outfits (I generally sent them out with E+4 "Jason" outfit)

Sent out my senior agents (Tenpenny and two other guys I usually send out on quests) on the daily quest for a few more weapons.

Just built my T-60 armor. Building a sheriff's duster now, which will take a while. Legendary junkjet still has a few more days to go.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm sending out my L40's into the wastes to level them up. I have 5 or more out at the same time, plus the quest teams. So I have like 10-15 out at a time. I'm keeping all the existing 50's at home to man the first floor defense unless I need them for the quests. I got like a dozen L50's now, but I need to sort them and give them right outfits. Then it's a matter of cycling the rest of the crew through. My population is stable at 123, no more babies. :) I may let a occasional visitor in from those random encounters if they are low enough.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'd always let the visitors in.

Then I'd strip them of the gear and weapons and send them back out to fend for themselves. :twisted:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I am pretty much done with Fallout Shelter. I'm making enough money to not matter (i.e. more caps than I can spend). My population is stable, and I'm steadily leveling my dwellers up to L50. I already have enough crew to send out on 2-3 quests at a time AND still keep a full presence on the entire first level including missile launchers (just found one) and gatling gun. My base is mostly resistant to incidents except radscorpions... Those jump out of random places, darn it and sometimes wipes out my crew, but that's because not everyone has the super E10 level up. I have two weapons shop building weapons, but when a legendary weapon takes 9 days, it's a bit hard to wait that long.

One of my expeditions found Star Paladin Cross in a random encounter. After saving her ass from a slew of deathclaws, she gave me a Mr. Handy.

I have 15-18 crew outside leveling up in the wastes or running quests. At this rate, I may have everybody in the shelter levelled to L50 in a week or two. :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yep. There really isn't any endgame. Once you optimize it well, you become unstoppable and the challenge goes away. Some people have invented their own gimmicks, like having a whole vault full of redheads (by breeding, not the barber.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

There is always Survival mode.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.