Thief 5 ?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Thief 5 ?

Post by Daehawk »

Says its in the works to go with the movie ...wth?
With a Thief film adaptation in the works, Square Enix is also reportedly working on the fifth game in the series to coincide with the movie.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hitbyambulance

Re: Thief 5 ?

Post by hitbyambulance »

aka "ThieVes"
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Thief 1 & 2 are basically my grail games and Dishonored has done a better job carrying on their legacy than the official sequels. Dishonored 2 even got Garret as the protagonist voice actor and the story was very reminiscent of the Mechanist from Thief 2.

But if they were to get the original Garret back, basically ignore that Thief 4 ever happened and return the gameplay to form….then I might be excited for it again…
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Did you ever try the Dark Mod for doom 3?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Pyperkub wrote:Did you ever try the Dark Mod for doom 3?
I downloaded it but never actually tried it. :oops:
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Lordnine wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:Did you ever try the Dark Mod for doom 3?
I downloaded it but never actually tried it. :oops:
That's 2 of us :oops:
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Sounds like there is no game planned per Eidos.

Frankly, I would probably only be excited for a new Thief if Arkane were making it.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I actually quite liked the new Thief, but think it would have done far better as a new IP. The "Thief" branding set it up with all sorts of expectations to be something the developers never intended it to be, which ended up pissing off pretty much everyone.

Whether those expectations and/or the direction they chose were warranted is an entirely different discussion.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I liked 4 as well, as someone who played through the originals over and over. It's kind of like Rainbow Six: Vegas or Fallout 3. They were great games, but they were such a change that some people hate them because of their differences instead of looking at them for what they were.

That said, a game made just for the sake of a movie doesn't fill me with enthusiasm.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

From the OP's link:
Straight Up Films, which acquired the film rights to Thief from Square Enix last year, revealed the news in a post on the company's website describing the production.

"Widely considered to be one of the greatest games ever created, a fifth sequel is currently in development to be released in step with this motion picture adaptation," the page reads.
IGN got it right (further down than I quoted), but Straight Up Films gets it wrong, and it's prominently displayed twice on that page. "Fifth sequel." It would not be the fifth sequel! I'm surprised they didn't spell "sequel" with an "a" like everybody on Youtube does.

And a movie to go with it? What could possibly go wrong?
I suppose we can just be thankful that Uwe Boll is no longer making films.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd