Anybody playing Portal Knights?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lorini

Anybody playing Portal Knights?

Post by Lorini »

My son and I are playing today as his Mother's day gift to me. I've played a bit, and watched a little video, seems right up my alley!
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Re: Anybody playing Portal Knights?

Post by tgb »

Not familiar with it at all.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

It has been described as 70% Minecraft and 30% Zelda. We had a great time playing it yesterday.
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Looks really neat, thanks for the heads up! I'm burnt out on early access games, but I've got it added to the wishlist now to keep an eye on it.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

wonderpug wrote:Looks really neat, thanks for the heads up! I'm burnt out on early access games, but I've got it added to the wishlist now to keep an eye on it.
It's coming out of Early Access next month, so not too long to wait.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Oops, Portal Knights came out of EA today. I haven't had a chance to play 1.0 and probably won't for a bit but I'm looking forward to it!
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I'm sold on the game, but I just read that a Nintendo Switch version is in the works. No release date yet, but I think I'll wait for that version.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

wonderpug wrote:I'm sold on the game, but I just read that a Nintendo Switch version is in the works. No release date yet, but I think I'll wait for that version.
Better hope the camera is better than the ones for the Xbox/PS4. Compared to the Steam version the camera was nuts. Otherwise I'd have bought it on one of those instead (there's demos for both consoles).
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Lorini wrote:
wonderpug wrote:I'm sold on the game, but I just read that a Nintendo Switch version is in the works. No release date yet, but I think I'll wait for that version.
Better hope the camera is better than the ones for the Xbox/PS4. Compared to the Steam version the camera was nuts. Otherwise I'd have bought it on one of those instead (there's demos for both consoles).
Oh yeah? Trouble with keeping it at a useful angle or something?
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

wonderpug wrote:
Lorini wrote:
Oh yeah? Trouble with keeping it at a useful angle or something?
It's too loose. You want to move it a small distance and it moves a wide distance, meaning you have to keep correcting it. Annoying coming from the more precise PC version.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My older son (almost 11) and I have been having fun with this all weekend.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

We got through the second boss after dinner last night. That was fun, but we are not ready for the level 20+ stuff int he worlds past the boss. We have gone back to the previous areas to find fur to upgrade his armor. He is a Ranger and I am a Fighter. We're both having a lot of fun with it. I never really liked Minecraft because it was a pure sandbox. This gives me something to work towards. I am still doing sand-boxy stuff, building my own house and such, but I just don't enjoy pure sandbox. It also helps that it is much better looking than minecraft.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

coopasonic wrote:We got through the second boss after dinner last night. That was fun, but we are not ready for the level 20+ stuff int he worlds past the boss. We have gone back to the previous areas to find fur to upgrade his armor. He is a Ranger and I am a Fighter. We're both having a lot of fun with it. I never really liked Minecraft because it was a pure sandbox. This gives me something to work towards. I am still doing sand-boxy stuff, building my own house and such, but I just don't enjoy pure sandbox. It also helps that it is much better looking than minecraft.

Agreed on the graphics, plus it has real bosses.
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

thinking about getting this in the Steam sale. should be fun with the nephews, but i'd have no one else to play it with
Tao

Post by Tao »

I generally play it solo and it works pretty well. I have only killed the first 3 Bosses though. It's a good light game and easy to kill several hours exploring worlds and working toward the next "goal".
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It also has the Minecraft like creative opportunities, but with better graphics built-in.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah, I've ignored this title, but coincidentally read a article talking about it's new DLC. Sounds like something my son (and daughter) would like to play, so I grabbed it. Haven't tried it yet, but it says it offers local split-screen co-op so we'll see how that goes.