Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Months Renewed - We are good until October 2020. Paypal Donation Link Here

Pathfinder: Kingmaker with Chris Avellone

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker with Chris Avellone

Post by Max Peck » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:42 pm

2nd DLC “Varnhold's Lot”
In this DLC, you join Varn as his general, and experience Varnhold's valorous history first-hand — the whole of it, not just the outcome! Just as you were claiming your first title, another hero of the Stolen Lands became a baron too: Maegar Varn, captain of the Varnling Host mercenary band and rightful ruler of Varnhold. If you've played the main campaign, you already know what happened to him next... Or do you?

Key Features
  • Play a complete and challenging self-contained side story
  • Create a new character and fight for the future of Varnhold while your main campaign's hero establishes their barony in the Shrike Hills
  • Experience the adventure from a companion's point of view
  • Explore a huge new dungeon. What secrets lie in the forbidden depths?
  • Import your achievements into the main campaign! After you finish the DLC, a new event will unlock in the main story: Maegar Varn will invite you to visit the dungeon once again — to witness the consequences of your decisions...
  • Lead your commander to victory in combat and to prosperity in peace!
Time and tide melt the snowman.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor

gbasden

Post by gbasden » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:13 am

I finally picked this up on the Steam sale and am having a lot of fun with it. Surprisingly, I was having a lot of crashes when I had it set to fullscreen and I alt-tabbed, but it seems completely stable when set to windowed fullscreen. The storyline is great so far, with me being about 12 hours in. I endorse it!

Sepiche

Post by Sepiche » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 am

I started this in earnest a few weeks ago, and really love it for the most part, and haven't even run into a lot of bugs, but the one bug I did run into seems to unfortunately have ruined my game after I sunk around 25 hours into it. :(

I apparently made the mistake of assigning one of my custom characters to be my treasurer, and after I did an event popped up to kick off the event to raise the economy rank of my kingdom, but when I click the button to meet my advisor, it goes to the throne room, and nothing happens. Tried assigning the gnome to be treasurer after I got him and a number of other things, but could never get that event to reset, so there was no way for my kingdom to raise it's economy ranking.

Sadly I'll probably shelve this for another good while and hope they eventually get it fixed up.