Production Line - Automobile Assembly (Positech)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

KDH

Production Line - Automobile Assembly (Positech)

Post by KDH »

. Image
:ugeek: .. Production Line @ Steam - Early Access
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Pinstar Let's Play
OfficialStuffPlus Let's Play

An interesting aspect is that you can place 'master' assembly modules that involve multiple steps .. or place the sub modules instead .. This allows new cars to enter the process incrementally and progress rather than wait for the whole process to finish. The research tree shows specialty equipment like climate control and pollen filter allowing for some strange marketing gambles to please the public.

positech.co.uk/productionline
Ain't nobody got time for that
jztemple2

Re: Production Line - Automobile Assembly (Positech)

Post by jztemple2 »

I've been following this game as well and am looking forward to it, but I'm going to wait till it completes Early Access. It does look like fun.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I remember having a lot of fun with Detroit back in the 90s. But that game is more my style than the play style of this one. This one looks like Factorio.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
KDH

Post by KDH »

:auto-crash: .. I played Detroit back in the day, but failed to dredge up the name of the game as well as the developer ... Impressions cranked out a lot of games.

As for Production Line, I worry that it won't be deep enough .. currently there are few body types (sedan, SUV and something else, maybe) .. once you've created a cheap car, a safe car, and a luxury car .. you're done. The episodes of the "OfficialStuffPlus" let's play (linked above) show him creating a 3 second car (episodes 2+3) by building his production line backwards .. he creates so many cars that he has to drop the price into loss-leader territory. Granted, it's early alpha code (February) And things will change, like research speed (as noted in the latest vlog @ positech). You have invisible competitors but without some sort of Car-&-Driver magazine you don't have any insight into the world outside your fluorescent-lit lair. Dropping the cup-holder off your model in order to be the bad-boy of the car design world won't get you your 15 minutes of fame.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id love an updated Detroit.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote:Id love an updated Detroit.

Depends on the direction they take. As much as I am a fan of the The Illitches, they ruined the 4th Street area and Cass Corridor and my preferred method of getting to Woodward via Temple. And the Q Line is another needless money pit bad joke. :ninja:

But on topic, what separates this from Factorio, which I find incredibly relaxing.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

If you are looking for an alternative car production game, there is always Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game. I bought it back in the days when I still bought early access games and while it is still in development, they are adding new content all the time.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I'm playing factory idle, it's pretty interesting. A free to play flash game. You spend money to get faster time, I don't see anything else provided for by spending money. It's another production game, although avoid if you don't like math.
Black Lives Matter
KDH

Post by KDH »

:ugeek: ... Image

Production Line Game: Dev blog #30 (June 4)

In which he mostly discusses improving\changing the economic model so that the "buying public" recognizes budget cars (containing few features) to more expensive models containing more\all features ... with the way the game was presenting data to the player (showing what your rivals had researched) the player felt pressured to add all features to all cars
KDH

Post by KDH »

:whistle: ... Image

Dev Blog 31 .. June 11

More ramblings about the economic model and marketing .. patch 1.23 brings the beginnings of the new eco-model

If you look at Cliffski's previous games (gratuitous, democracy, etc), and then he published Big-Pharma for another developer, you can tell that he is excited about the assembly-line concept, and we can probably expect more of this .. he has already mentioned the possibility of "Super Cars" and Gull-Wing doors, and from that we (me) can extrapolate Hybrid, Fuel-Cell, Tesla-like offerings
KDH

Post by KDH »

:ugeek: ... Image

Dev Blog 32 (June 18)

Entirely about coding and fussing with software widgets

If you've ever fancied yourself a potential game programmer .. this video will disabuse yourself of that notion, and allow you to focus on your true career .. working the fry machine at McDonald's
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I saw Production Line is on a deep discount, any opinions on it?

I liked, but didn't love the last game they did (about making medicine) as I thought it was a little too much a puzzle game and not enough a management game.

Would I like this?
DD*

Post by DD* »

Daehawk wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 2:56 am Id love an updated Detroit.
Hey, we're working on it! As an example, in the past it would have taken years to show how much of a boondoggle this project is...

QLine has fewer riders than expected, report says
Once passengers had to pay for passes to use the route — which serves 12 locations on Woodward Avenue — after Labor Day, totals dropped as much as 40 percent in the weeks that followed. The report released Wednesday by M-1 Rail, which oversees the system, shows the route averaged 4,660 daily rides through October, then 2,700 between November and March.

From September through April, revenue at the fare box brought in $417,050, the report found. System expenses totaled $5.8 million for the first year.
Only ~$6M to bring in $400K of revenue. Bargain.

*sorry for the hijack, an updated Detroit game would be pretty cool. I think you'd have to guard against figuring out the magic formula for the "right" car models, but that is probably something that could be randomized to some extent...
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 2:56 am Id love an updated Detroit.
Here ya go. :mrgreen:
Enlarge Image
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
DD*

Post by DD* »

New Detroit aka Delta City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg