Killers and Thieves

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

KDH

Killers and Thieves

Post by KDH »

. ... Enlarge Image
:ninja: ... Killers and Thieves

Released May 23rd .. This game looks really good .. unfortunately, the Steam reviews are trashing it
TL;DR

Killers and Thieves is an amazing achievement in the field of unplayable games. The controls are so abysmally awful, the only explanation is that aliens are real: the developer(s) is an octopus space monster!
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Two years is a lifetime in the endless churn of videogame news, but if you can think back that far you may recall whispers of an Alex Thomas (Creative Lead on The Banner Saga Part One) solo project. Thomas wasn’t involved with the second Banner Saga release, because he was busy making Killers and Thieves; a game about running a Thieves Guild in a fictional, medieval-era city.
Keeping the company of Killers and Thieves @ PCInvasion
Killers and Thieves Review – Sinful Sims @ TechRaptor
Ain't nobody got time for that
Holman

Re: Killers and Thieves

Post by Holman »

Thanks for posting this. I've not heard anything about it.

I wonder if the UI problems and other complaints can be addressed. It seems like a terrific and very original concept for a game, and I'd love to play it... but only if it's fun.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
KDH

Post by KDH »

I'm actually surprised that nobody has made a Free-To-Play game like this .. a constant flow of missions, and character additions .. they could even incorporate a little Assassin's Creed time-travel to make use of different tile-sets and medieval\modern locations ..

I say that without having played assassin's creed .. and .. hating Free-to-play models
KDH

Post by KDH »

:ugeek: ... Image <-- splattercat gaming - let's play (34m)
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm waiting for orders-while-paused to be fully implemented, since by all accounts it gets pretty frantic.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
dbemont

Post by dbemont »

tgb wrote:I'm waiting for orders-while-paused to be fully implemented, since by all accounts it gets pretty frantic.
+1
Commish of OOTP online league Dog Days Baseball
whitefang

Post by whitefang »

tgb wrote:I'm waiting for orders-while-paused to be fully implemented, since by all accounts it gets pretty frantic.
:lol: