Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Grifman

Strange Brigade [by Rebellion]

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Blackhawk

Re: Strange Brigade [by Rebellion]

Post by Blackhawk »

That looks cool as hell. I wonder if it will be more Borderlands or more Left4Dead.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Definitely intrigued.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Blackhawk wrote:That looks cool as hell. I wonder if it will be more Borderlands or more Left4Dead.
Yes - it does look cool as hell. I thought the trailer made it look more tongue in cheek, so more like Borderlands than Left4Dead. Just my take.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

In!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I have this wishlisted. I really enjoyed the Sniper Elite series. So this developer has my attention.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The time is almost nigh!

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Anyone playing this and can tell me where the saved files can be found?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

In the AppData folder. I think Local directory, then Strange Brigade, and then I think Profile. Sorry not at my PC but I did this today so I'm I'm the general ballpark with my wonky memory

You can replay missions if you missed some collectibles. I restarted because I wanted to redo the gems I slotted in my guns
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

How do you replay missions? Isnt the only option to restart from the last checkpoint?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

If you uncheck the Last Checkpoint checkbox you can click on the campaign map and choose a previous mission. I've been distracted by other things so I haven't got past the 2nd mission yet but I believe that if I went back to mission 1 mission 2 remains unlocked. However, since there's only one save slot if I were part way through mission 2 and went back and replayed mission 1 I wouldn't be able to pick up mission 2 where I left off - I'd have to start from the beginning.

I do know that if you unlock gems and new weapons you can use them when you replay a previous mission
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

IceBear wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:46 pm In the AppData folder. I think Local directory, then Strange Brigade, and then I think Profile. Sorry not at my PC but I did this today so I'm I'm the general ballpark with my wonky memory
Yup, the path is Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Strange Brigade\PC_ProfileSaves\<SteamUserID>.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Looking forward to some good OOer impressions of this. I'm prone to liking coop style games like this, but from what I've read, the maps and spawns are static, there are only 10 levels, and there is no character advancement of any sort, which makes me think it won't hold interest for long.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I'm really enjoying it, but I am only interested in solo play. Sure, there isn't character advancement, but you do find gems that you can use to modify your guns and you earn unlocks by spending gold that you find or new spells by finding relics. I'm a big fan of the pulp era so this game really scratches that itch for me and might be why I'm liking it so much.

I'm enjoying the gunplay and the puzzles and I've noticed that once you progress some areas become locked off on the map so I'm really watching for all the secrets so I don't miss anything. Yes, I believe most things are static (I think what you might find in a chest is random - I've played the first level a few times now and sometimes I get gems, sometimes books, but most of the time just coins) but the Steam page made it sound like they were planning on dropping more content and adventures with time. We'll see how frequent that is to keep the shine on it for me.

Edit: The puzzle solutions are random too. The puzzle locations and type are always the same, but the actual puzzle is different from time to time
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Kept waiting for this to go on sale, and GMG finally has it for $35, plus using the voucher 666 will make it $30 (40% off).
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Fanatical has it as a Star deal for $29.99 right now (if that matters). I don't think you can use the SCREAM666 for another 6.66% off.
Maybe next year, maybe no go