Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Anthem [Bioware]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

morlac

Re: Anthem [Bioware]

Post by morlac » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:43 am

rittchard wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:21 pm
morlac wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 am
Grifman wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:56 pm
morlac wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:32 pm
Ritt, do you get a strong Hellgate:London vibe like me?
What, do you hate this game? Are you trying to discourage people from playing?!?! :)
Ritt and myself are both unabashedly big HGL fans.
LMAO yeah I forgot we might be the only ones. I honestly still love and miss HGL. I reinstalled it recently and didn't get far, but still had warm fuzzies for it. I know I've probably said this many times but in my mind, it's still the only 3D/FPS game that comes close to capturing the Diablo feel, particularly when it comes to customization and loot. It's actually the only FPS style game I have ever played through completely (and beyond).

Relaunched! I didn't pull the trigger though. HGL had the best weapon system ever. Still not quite duplicated but Borderlands came the closest. The combination of both increased power, visuals and gameplay altering effects from modding weapons made them seem more unique and personal. Turning a simple mortar gun into a poison rain death cloud by slotting in some mods was amazing and quite effective :)

I'm still really enjoying Anthem. Up to level 12 and still have only ran into 2 bugs. Looking forward to some loot changes and the free content updates planned. they seem to coincide perfectly with my play rate which is a bit more leisurely. I'll be playing a bunch tonight if anyone is up for coop. Morlac00 in Origin.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:01 pm

I haven't given up on it myself. I'm just waiting for them to get a couple of the early updates in place before I play.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 pm

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/04/ant ... own-brick/

Anthem shutting down and possibly corrupting some PS4 systems.
Gamers would love to play BioWare's new loot shooter Anthem but there's one problem: the game keeps shutting off their console. A number of players have taken to Reddit and other forums to complain that Anthem appears to be plagued with an issue that at best boots them to the main menu and at worst caused affected users to need to rebuild their PS4's disk database.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:03 pm

There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:06 pm

So, what's the state of things at this point? I haven't played it since the first few days, and it's time to decide whether to reclaim its hard drive space.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

naednek

Post by naednek » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:07 am

My computer is finally up and running and got to try this out. Maybe it's because it's been out for a few months, but the game is stable, and actually fun. I play the game going in as solo, but will be periodically teamed up with a player and so far it's been a great experience. We all just do our thing, no trolling, or causing problems.

Level design is pretty great, flying took some used to, but so far very easy once you get the hang of it. Frostbyte may be hard to code with, but man when done right, it's a beautiful game.

I'm very early in the game, so who knows if my opinions change, but i'm liking it.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:09 am

Yeah, I'm still playing it. The flight and combat mechanics are fun, the javelins all feel very different to play in a good way, and I enjoyed the missions a lot.

It gets grindy late (after you finish all the missions and get to level 26-30), but it's a lot of fun getting there and it's still fun after. In theory more new content is coming soon as well.

There are some annoyances, but the gameplay is fun throughout, and it sure does look purty.
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.