[Klei Entertainment] Griftlands

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

[Klei Entertainment] Griftlands

Post by Smoove_B »

From the makers of Don't Starve, here's the trailer for Griftlands. Already up on STEAM.
Griftlands is an RPG where everything is negotiable: money, loyalty—even morality. Choose your character and make your fortune.

Griftlands is the next game by Klei, and will be available Late 2017 / Early 2018.
I really like the looks - reminds me of The Banner Saga.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Re: [Klei Entertainment] Griftlands

Post by LordMortis »

Hijack! If you really want a Klei game "from the makers of Don't Starve" you can get in early on *Oxygen Not Included*.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/top ... lable-now/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhqaSOduzvU
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hadn't hear of that one either, though I actively avoid Early Access titles. Thanks.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote:Hadn't hear of that one either, though I actively avoid Early Access titles. Thanks.
I am that way now as well. However, beta-ing Don't Starve was an experience and this title looks very much like the same. I can't speak to if it will have the same development process experience magic Don't Starve did.

Come to think of it, I blame Don't Starve for me purchasing so many pre releases! They set the bar so high and no other game delivered. They were going to be the innovators of a new model in pre release. DS gave us movies and clever posters and art constantly as a teaser for game development. Everyone else just sucked it, where you hit show stopping "feature" and quit until the next release or possibly for good.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

So far, what I have played of Oxygen Not Included has been pretty solid. I would say it is on the same level as Don't Starve or mid-beta Rimworld. That said, pretty graphics and builders often seem more solid to me than other genres. Like the other two, probably what is missing most in ONI is the tech tree. I am sure they intend to increase the number and types of items and buildings available.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Now an Epic Store timed exclusive, coming to Epic on 7/11 - Early Access.