According to my feed, y'all are some game buying lunatics. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2017

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote:
Tampa_Gamer wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Not cool enough.
It did give me an idea for a game. It would be a lot like Convoy or Space Trucker except you have a train that the bad guys attack. You pick missions and run cargo but you have to equip your train with weapons and crew to fend off attackers. Some could board your train and you'd need different weapons for those compared to the ones alongside your train attacking.
Something like Bounty Train?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/371520/Bounty_Train/
Wow thats just about it. I was thinking Mad Max world like but otherwise thats pretty spot on.
The Final Station?
Travel by train through a dying world. Look after your passengers, keep your train operational, and make sure you can always reach the next station. Make your way through swarms of infected at each station. Explore mysterious and abandoned stations looking for supplies and survivors.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Isgrimnur wrote:hentzau should buy it and report back.
You're a funny guy, Issy.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I bow to your superior knowledge of 19th century Western gunplay.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

OK, seriously, I think I've fallen into a parallel universe. Because I could SWEAR that we had this exact same conversation about a year ago, where you said I needed to buy this and review it for the site, and so I did, and I wrote the review after about an hour play.

But I can't find anything that says that I ever did that.

What Earth is this?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Where's the review? Harumph!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

OK, I've put a whole bunch of cheap (under $5) games/dlc in my cart, as well as one a little more expensive (the Warfighter DLC to TTS). I'm contemplating getting one or two other more expensive games, and I'd appreciate any thoughts (worth it, wait for it to drop further, etc)

Thimbleweed Park $16 (20% off normal price)
What Remains of Edith Finch $15 (25% off normal price)
Paradigm $11.99 (20% off)
The Sexy Brutale $13.39 (33% off)
Diluvion $9.99 (50% off)
The Great Whale Road $14.99 (25% off)
Long Journey Home/Shadow Tactics/Skykill $40 (58% off)
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Isgrimnur wrote:Something like that.
Oh thank god, I just failed to give my impressions. I seriously thought I was losing my mind, because I remember you asking me to buy this!
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Have any of you played any of the Risen games? If so, would you recommend it/them?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I tried. #2 I think. I didn't get very far. Lots of talking. I just lost interest. Probably should try again one of these days.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Bad Demographic wrote:Have any of you played any of the Risen games? If so, would you recommend it/them?
I like them. If you ever played the Gothic games, you know what to expect. Open-world RPG with lots of charm but some jank. They're all pretty similar, though RIsen 2 was my LEAST favorite of the three.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Define 'jank', please.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Isgrimnur wrote:Define 'jank', please.

Let me Isgrimnur that for you:

The top definition is:
adj- broken; unnecessarily redundant, superfluous, or meaningless; stupid or ridiculously moronic; bootleg or of questionable quality
But then there's this one:
All purpose noun; jank or jahnk can literally mean anything, yet means nothing on its own. The meaning of jank is understood and defined by the context in which it is used.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I picked up Witcher 3: GOTY for $25.

I owned it on PS4, but sold it when I couldn't find the time to delve into it.

Now I've got a strong RPG hankerin' again, and decided to move the title to PC this time just because it's easier for me to get exclusive time on my PC than on my TV downstairs. Damn kids and their Netflix! Plus I really haven't had a chance to test my new video card yet, so this will provide some justification for buying it.

The only other title I'm really eyeing at the moment is Telltale Batman, but I may wait since that one will only continue to drop in price as time goes on. I've got 3 other Telltale titles I own and haven't finished yet, so no need to add to the backlog.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Isgrimnur wrote:Define 'jank', please.
This Isa Jank?
Enlarge Image

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
storz

Post by storz »

The Sexy Brutale $13.39 (33% off)
Interesting puzzle game, wishlisted.

Diluvion $9.99 (50% off)
Looks interesting, although heard control is problematic, may require controller.

Not worth it IMO, bought it before and find it boring, especially the tactic battle, refunded long time ago.

Long Journey Home/Shadow Tactics/Skykill $40 (58% off)
Bought the bundle for Long Journey Home, haven't played it, so can't comment on that one. But Shadow Tactics is fantastic, if you like Commandos series, you will very much enjoy this one. Also I will add a comment on Bounty Train, it is a pretty fun train adventure/management game! Combat is fun, but still needs a little work on a few bugs.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

storz wrote:
Diluvion $9.99 (50% off)
Looks interesting, although heard control is problematic, may require controller.

Not worth it IMO, bought it before and find it boring, especially the tactic battle, refunded long time ago.
Thanks for the input. I'll take those those two out of consideration.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Bad Demographic wrote:Have any of you played any of the Risen games? If so, would you recommend it/them?
If you like the first two Gothic games, Risen is a very good spiritual successor. I would skip the sequels though.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Rip

Post by Rip »

Add Project Cars GOTY Edition Bundle to my take.

So weak.....

That said, one of my card drops was a summer sale foil card.....
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Defiant wrote: But then there's this one:
All purpose noun; jank or jahnk can literally mean anything, yet means nothing on its own. The meaning of jank is understood and defined by the context in which it is used.
Squanchy.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I squanch my family.

What?

I do. I squanch my family.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

"janky" is what a lot of computer games were to at least some extent, back in the 80s. 'quirky with personality. charmingly flawed'
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote:Black Flag is one the best games Ive ever played. If I had had it 20 years ago I would have been hospitalized because Id sit there weeks on end playing :) ...As is I still reinstall and go back all the time.
Is this Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag? I only picked it up when it came out because I got the code with a new video card. Now I just have to go reinstall and play it :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

So far I've managed to get by with less than $20 for 3 games.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I've got my daily quota of stickers and free trading cards, but the only thing tempting me is Far Cry 4. And even there, I'm humming and hawing over whether to shell out the extra 5 bucks to get the Gold edition. I find my lack of enthusiasm disturbing.

Bad Demographic

Thanks you guys. I'll check out the price of the original Risen and if it's cheap, maybe I'll try that -- though I already have so many games I should play.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Max Peck wrote:humming and hawing
TIL there's a British version of the phrase.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Remove 3 games from my cart. Add five games to my cart. :doh:
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Anyone have any thoughts on:
A House of Many Doors
Viceroy
Domina
Ascension
Home Behind
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I keep wondering if anything else will pop up on sale or if everything listed is the sale. Hate to blow my steam bucks now and miss something later.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

I think I have Risen and Risen 2 keys from humblebundle. If you want them, I can give them to you.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Lassr wrote:I keep wondering if anything else will pop up on sale or if everything listed is the sale. Hate to blow my steam bucks now and miss something later.
Not to get you or anyone else excited, but I had one game on my wishlist that was not on sale yday/this morning, but is now this afternoon. Nothing else in the 30+ list appears to have changed, just that one. This is probably just their system catching up (as noted elsewhere in this thread, it sometimes takes a day or two before wishlists get fully and correctly updated).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Victoria Raverna wrote:
I think I have Risen and Risen 2 keys from humblebundle. If you want them, I can give them to you.
I own 2 of them. One was great and I finished..i think that was the first one. The other seemed ok..not as good...and I never finished it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Lassr wrote:I keep wondering if anything else will pop up on sale or if everything listed is the sale. Hate to blow my steam bucks now and miss something later.
My understanding is that all of the Summer Sale prices are in effect right from the start of the event until the end. I wouldn't expect any additional sales to pop up (unless they're completely unrelated to the Summer Sale), but it also means you won't miss out on any deals by waiting until the end of the event before committing to a purchase.

storz

Post by storz »

Defiant wrote: A House of Many Doors
Reminds me of Sunless sea, played a little, combat is turn based, fun to play, story is interesting, recommended.
Defiant wrote: Domina
Roman Gladiator simulator, the developer did add save feature, although it only saves at end of the day, but I like it. The sound track is good, the fights are brutal, and some of the taunts are funny. Recommended.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

jztemple2 wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Black Flag is one the best games Ive ever played. If I had had it 20 years ago I would have been hospitalized because Id sit there weeks on end playing :) ...As is I still reinstall and go back all the time.
Is this Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag? I only picked it up when it came out because I got the code with a new video card. Now I just have to go reinstall and play it :roll:
Yup Yup.

Hey is there a way to move the stickers on the book? Some of the placement seems way off. Like the roller coaster one its putting the stickers kinda outside the cars.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Bad Demographic

Victoria Raverna wrote:
Thanks for the games! It's super nice of you to give these to me.

Black Lives Matter