Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

LordMortis

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2017

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:
Punisher wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:I roll two 2's and two 1's. Lose the scenario.
In some ways, it's a perfect simulator of the real card game - I can't tell you how many times that has happened. Dice hate me.
Wil Wheaton, is that you?
I played a war card game yesterday and after an an hour and over two dozen 2D10 rolls, I managed to hit the enemy a single time. Lost the game in a shutout 51-0. It was unreal. Wil Wheaton is my Patron Saint of Die Rolling.
Im right there with ya. Was trying a new Pathfinder Adventures scenario last night and missed on 8 rolls of 85% or higher probability, including 4 snake eyes and 2 triple snake eyes. It was absurd.

I'm continuing my love/hate relationship with that game. I liked it enough to drop the $25 to unlock everything (the most I've ever spent in an iPad game, btw). However the RNG still drives me abstolutely insane. The ridiculous number of times the villain/henchman is the very last card in each location makes me seriously wonder about how random it actually is.
Heh, I spent a bit of time with Vanilla Renowned Explorers this last week. Let me tell you, I fail on "95% success" a lot in combat.

I need to remember to put the DLC into my Steam Wish list because I really enjoyed my play through. I'm still obsessing a bit about not just beating the game but beating the game in Shangri La.
KDH

Post by KDH »

My STEAM app is in Russian today .. is there a problem with anybody else?

I can't read anything .. or type anything into google translate, since I can't access those Klingon characters on my keyboard

which menu selection is Language and which entry in the list is 'normal people speak'?

and WHY does steam have no problem saying .. oh, we notice you logged in from a different browser .. but not .. Hey, speaking Russian today? cool!
Ain't nobody got time for that
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

In the app, settings is third form the bottom, but language isn't an option. Are you on a Russian VPN or something? Were you near the white house recently?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

KDH wrote:...

I can't read anything .. or type anything into google translate, since I can't access those Klingon characters on my keyboard

which menu selection is Language and which entry in the list is 'normal people speak'?

and WHY does steam have no problem saying .. oh, we notice you logged in from a different browser .. but not .. Hey, speaking Russian today? cool!
This doesn't help, but my iOS safari browser steam pages were in German for about 2 years. No matter what I did, it always went back.
KDH

Post by KDH »

No VPN ... but, I was playing golf with Ivanka ... at least that's what the kids are calling it these days
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

KDH wrote:...

Mine went to Italian (I think) last week of the week before. I forget where but there was a simple languague thing on the lower right hand of the screen somewhere. It was pretty intuitive. I must say it still has me freaked out though.

Internet says

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 957533447/
KDH

Post by KDH »

the only thing in the lower right is a friends list widget and profile icon .. and Italian might be a little easier to puzzle out than .. спасибо .. (which is .. thank you .. in Russian = Spasibo)

I know that because I read Tom Clancy novels .. so I thanked the STEAM folks in Russian on my help request, after telling them I don't speak Russian

edit: .. that steam discussion worked .. spasibo
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

A Mr. Mueller may be asking to see your friends list...
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)