Games which invade your dreams

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Pyperkub

Games which invade your dreams

Post by Pyperkub »

I've recently been playing Arkane's Prey (2017), and I've had the Typhons invade my dreams this week. Household crap turning into Mimics and attacking me, getting blasted by the Phantoms, etc.

Another game I remember dreaming about were our old OO Solium Infernum games.

Any games invade your dreams?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
GreenGoo

Re: Games which invade your dreams

Post by GreenGoo »

I was like "omg Daehawk, tmi (probably)" but then I saw it wasn't Daehawk and I was like "phew". Then I was like "it's only a matter of time".
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Whats wrong with me dreams? :angelic-green:
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Civ 1,2,3,4,5
HOI2
Fallout 1,2,3,4 and others
more names than I can remember. Fortunately it's rare now a days.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I had sinus surgery a few years ago under general anesthesia, and I distinctly remember dreaming about Diablo 3 while under :) I was kinda inside the game but not being attacked directly, and seeing everything in 1st person.
I do dream about WoW once in a while since I play it so much.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I had a very vivid dream a couple weeks back about being in Guild Wars 2. I was standing in Vigil's Keep, looking out over the Vigilant Fields (in the Glendarran Fields zone). It's one of my favorite spots in any MMO.

It actually got me to ditch FFXIV and roll a new GW2 toon. :)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

gilraen wrote:I had sinus surgery a few years ago under general anesthesia, and I distinctly remember dreaming about Diablo 3 while under :) I was kinda inside the game but not being attacked directly, and seeing everything in 1st person.
I do dream about WoW once in a while since I play it so much.
I have actually fallen asleep while playing Diablo 3, only to wake up and find the room cleared and me in a new area. So I guess that means I was playing while asleep?!

My WORST dream experience was during the summer of 1999, when I was playing System Shock 2 a lot. I dreamed that the Many worms were all over the place, trying to assimilate everyone. That was a really awful dream (so awful that I remember it almost 20 years later)!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Everquest was in my dreams back when I played, and not in a fun way. Blech.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Tetris. Mine was the Gameboy variety.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

When I first got hooked on Baldurs Gate I used to have dreams where people had colored circles under them, just like the characters in the game. Maybe because I played the BG series and the IWD series back to back, but I had that kind of dream for quite a while.
Black Lives Matter
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Civ style games. I actually can't play Civilization right before I go to bed. I end up dreaming about taking really long boring turns and I wake up feeling like I never went to sleep.

Also, lately I've been dreaming about dinosaurs...I wonder why? (not a fake promotion I promise, I legitimately dreamed I was being chased by a T-Rex the night before I launched my campaign.)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The Diablo games did it alot. Probably because of the repetitive attack controls, the fact that I binge-played those things, and the fact that I would offer play so late I'd be half asleep anyway.

Scuzz wrote:When I first got hooked on Baldurs Gate I used to have dreams where people had colored circles under them, just like the characters in the game. Maybe because I played the BG series and the IWD series back to back, but I had that kind of dream for quite a while.
Same! I'd also categorize people in dreams as either dialog NPCs or "filler" NPC.

Morrowind was another.

TFC probably gave me the most vivid, game-like dreams. Not sure why, I played way more counterstrike and TF2. Maybe because TFC was the first really competitive online FPS that I played.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Strangely enough I had never had a Dark Souls dream until last night. I have been putting a lot of time into Dark Souls 3 and last night I beat a boss solo (on the 4th try) and then went into a new area and got my ass handed to me over and over by a boss who was the first thing I met in the area. I dreamed about the fight last night. Depressing really. I wonder if it was related to the heartburn I had last night after eating those almonds just before I went to bed. :)
Black Lives Matter