XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - Now talking about the new WOTC Long War Mod

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sectoid

Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - A new war? A new thread!

Post by Sectoid »

Paingod wrote:
Sectoid wrote:
Paingod wrote:I've just got very limited game time and all of our monies are going towards real life expenses - car repairs, home repairs, pet repairs...
Pet repairs? I don't think that is how pets work.
It certainly is when the vet tells you the dog needs a $2,900 surgery to repair a tendon he pulled running through holes dug by another dog. :?
Damn. I hope the pup is okay. Tell him and his dog friends to stop re-creating Shia LaBeouf movies.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Clearly, your dog needs a better wrongful injury attorney.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Just build the infirmary and staff an engineer. You can also scan at the templar base to increase healing speed. Doggie will back at it in no time!

The war of the chosen has begun. Steam was SLOW this morning. It took 27 minutes to download the expansion (30.1GB)... I was still able to squeeze in the first three missions before I had to head into work. I am playing Veteran Ironman. I lost one soldier in gatecrasher. I was a little disappointed that I got the old gatecrasher mission. It was all better when I got to the initial faction mission. When I left I had just finished up the first month and was just heading into a retaliation mission. It was marked Easy and I hope it is right because I had nobody ready but a couple squaddies and some rookies. Soldiers getting tired is already impacting my campaign. I already have two soldiers bonded and have completed some "inspired" research giving me an extra upgrade slot on machine guns (whatever the grenadier weapons are called). My first covert op is under way to rescue a captured soldier.

I want to skip work and play. Three day weekend coming up!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Got my key. Perfect timing: I'll kick off the download when I get home, then can start actually playing when the kid goes to bed.
Black Lives Matter
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

Well, after being barricaded in my home after Hurricane Harvey's wrath, I'm feeling like a resistance fighter. Dry rations, water, spotty utilities. Aliens will be a welcome respite!
"Some people say never...I just say no"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Installed the DLC this morning while I was on my daily walk. Since I'm only going to get a few hours of play in the next few days before I leave on my trip, I decided to use the options to double the mission timers and halve the ADVENT progress. I also selected Veteran, but no way Ironman( :shock:) for me. I also did the full Tutorial introduction.

First thing I noticed was that I'm running at about 45 fps, compared to the 60 fps I got before. Anyone else seeing a framerate slowdown, or maybe is it just something local for me?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Ironman is the only way to keep me from save scumming.

I have a perk slotted (Infiltration) that keeps mission timers from starting until the squad is revealed (it seems several perks are stolen from mods). Damn it, I am thinking about going home for lunch...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I love that you have the option to double the mission timer! Gives you more time to enjoy the map and set up all sorts of strategies which will promptly go out the window when the shit comes down.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
RMC

Post by RMC »

$iljanus wrote:I love that you have the option to double the mission timer! Gives you more time to enjoy the map and set up all sorts of strategies which will promptly go out the window when the shit comes down.
I agree, and 1/2 the speed for Advent helps with getting to do more research and get some of the cooler armor/weapon combos. It does make the final battles easier, or did in other instances of XCom, but I like to feel like super soldiers for the final mission anyway. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

I haven't found the options to double the mission timers or the Avatar timer, or whatever. This is my first time to play XCOM 2, so I wonder if you have to finish a game first to enable the new advanced options? Seems like that was the case with the "Second Wave" options in XCOM: EW, but my memory could be faulty on that point.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

First make sure you are starting War of the Chosen and not vanilla XCOM2. I'm not sure the exact title but there's an advanced options link on one of the option pages and it's in there
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Yeah, I eventually found the "Turn on advanced options" button when I started my campaign. Great game so far...
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

So I start up a game, and go through about three missions. Had an awesome Gatecrasher, where the initial ambush took out an entire three-squad of Advent. Go through two more missions, do some overworld stuff.

Start wondering where the hell the new content is.

Turns out I was playing the base game for an hour. Faaahq me.
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've played about four hours of WOTC. As usual when I start up an XCOM2 campaign with new content, I'm a bit overwhelmed with it all. However, I'm starting to get the hang of things. I've run into the new Chosen Assassin, she's a bit of a bitch, but understanding her strengths and weaknesses are the key. I've also run through that whole introductory "The Lost" mission set; I can't help but think of the DLC for Grand Theft Auto IV every time I see that title on the screen :D.

I'm now in the "regular" XCOM2 path of researching, unlocking new events and triggering missions versus ADVENT. I played my first new Haven mission, where I go support a resistance base. It's weird when the ADVENT folks ignore a perfect flanking shot on my guy just to shoot down more resistance fighters, but I guess that's the point of the mission. And one of those damn Mutons showed up and killed my only Reaper ally :cry:. And I had just started her abilities increase routine and had unlocked one new skill, too :cry:

I then did a mission where I had to kill an ADVENT field commander before he jumped on transport. I had two pairs of bonded soldiers on the mission and I managed to find good times to use the bonding bonus of giving the other bonded soldier another action. Very cool. And it turns out the soldiers in a bonded pair don't have to be that close for the bonus to be used.

I probably won't play too much more since I'm going away from keyboard for 25 days soon, but come the end of the month I'm sure a new patch will be out and the first waves of WOTC compatible mods will be available.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Man, that fight with the first chosen was hard. Between the invisibility and being able to move a few football fields in distance it was really hard to get a bead on her. I finally got lucky and spotted her ending her movement up in the top floor of a building and managed to hit her with a grenade. How did you guys get past her? Any tricks for the next time I have to fight her?
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I was enjoying listening to Worf and Troy arguing with each other. There's apparently no less than 4 TNG cast members lending their voices to the game.

And Nick, I did the same thing :oops:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

gbasden wrote:Man, that fight with the first chosen was hard. Between the invisibility and being able to move a few football fields in distance it was really hard to get a bead on her. I finally got lucky and spotted her ending her movement up in the top floor of a building and managed to hit her with a grenade. How did you guys get past her? Any tricks for the next time I have to fight her?
I must either have gotten lucky with her movement or my placement. After she appeared she attacked one of my troopers but missed. She then moved, but I saw her movement and knew she was under the bridge my folks were on, so I was able to move and shoot at her with a couple of guys, getting hits, and she left.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I am having issues with the graphic cut scenes when missions are loading. I don't see the inside of the skyranger, I jsut get a spinning shield.

Anyone else seen anything like this? Does not impact the gameplay, but it is annoying as it feels like the game is locked up.

I didn't have too long to play yesterday, so just lived with it. But I hope I can find a solution. Never had any issues with the old games...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

RMC wrote:I am having issues with the graphic cut scenes when missions are loading. I don't see the inside of the skyranger, I jsut get a spinning shield.
I get a couple second of black with the spinning shield and then the skyranger interior. Same with the mission end. I get the black screen and hear the speaker/fake news for a few seconds before the cut scene shows up.
gbasden wrote:Man, that fight with the first chosen was hard. Between the invisibility and being able to move a few football fields in distance it was really hard to get a bead on her. I finally got lucky and spotted her ending her movement up in the top floor of a building and managed to hit her with a grenade. How did you guys get past her? Any tricks for the next time I have to fight her?
Yeah, she is a pain in the neck. You just have to scout for her and get lucky.

I guess I've got about four hours in. I have three Lieutenants and am cruising pretty well... but I found out this morning that the steps I took to keep the Alien Rulers out of my game didn't work. I deselected the DLC integration and did not select either of the DLC. I never use spark units and I really don't like the Alien Ruler - Ruler Reaction crap. Well, the Viper King popped in to say hi in an otherwise trivial mission where I had mostly lower level troops. Luckily there were only a few Advent left, but he caused me some unnecessary heartache. Stupid Aliens!

Based on my progress thus far I imagine I will finish the campaign this weekend...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I got an "XCOM Apology Pack" from Green Man due to the key distribution debacle, which had basically no impact for me. Six games I never heard of and a 10% discount code. It's all better now. Back to killing Aliens and hunting the chosen.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

RE: the assassin; the mission she popped up i was able to see where she ducked into, which was high cover in a building. I tossed a grenade her way to take out the cover and everyone focused fire on her.

Also the first chose, when they level up, get a skill (i think its rank 3) which once a character is spotted by that chosen they will remain visible. I figure thats a counter to this assassin's skill set. I think i got that skill set after building the training center, not the GTC.

Overall solid impressions so far. I see it as Xcom 2.5, rather than an addon. really adds a lot to the game from what i have seen. Got about 3 hours in last night. Got through about 3-4 missions. Really like the additions: the bonds, the chosen, the expanded skills for the bonded.

OH...one cool thing was they have these little random breakthroughs in the science research section. When you finish researching X, you might get a pop up that says "your scientists have been inspired, if you research X right now, it will go super fast". YOu have to select it right then and there, or else the opportunity vanishes. Obviously not verbatim, but I think its pretty cool to spice up the research tree. Like last night i got a +1 bonus to dmg for all conventional weapons.

I think if you really liked xcom 2 buy this. Its great so far. Its a no brainer.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Loving the changes so far.

I actually had a mission to rescue a soldier and was able to sneak all the way in, hack the cell without setting off the alarms, and be standing right next to where I could call for extraction, all without being spotted by ADVENT. After I called for extraction there was one ADVENT soldier who spotted me, wandered in, and promptly got shot, but I thought it was pretty cool to be able to go in and out almost completely quiet on a mission.

Really great all the little tweaks to the missions and mechanics though. I find I'm also liking the posters more then I thought I would. When I heard about it, I just thought it was something I would ignore, but being able to remember lost troops, good missions, promotions, etc, and have them show up around the base is pretty cool.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote:I got an "XCOM Apology Pack" from Green Man due to the key distribution debacle, which had basically no impact for me. Six games I never heard of and a 10% discount code. It's all better now. Back to killing Aliens and hunting the chosen.
I got this email as well. The games are:

The Last Door Season One
Story of the Survivor
Huntsman The Orphanage
Edge of Twilight - Return to Glory
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator
Aporia Beyond the Valley

I think I already got Corporate Lifestyle Simulator as a freebie for something else. Anyway, nothing there I care about. I guess I can get the keys and post them as giveaways, although I imagine thousands of other folks are doing the same.

And there is a 10% voucher, maybe time to pre-order that next Assassin's Creed game :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Newcastle wrote:OH...one cool thing was they have these little random breakthroughs in the science research section. When you finish researching X, you might get a pop up that says "your scientists have been inspired, if you research X right now, it will go super fast". YOu have to select it right then and there, or else the opportunity vanishes. Obviously not verbatim, but I think its pretty cool to spice up the research tree. Like last night i got a +1 bonus to dmg for all conventional weapons.
FYI, I have verified you can do "Instant" research and not lose the opportunity for "Inspired" or "Breakthrough" research.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Sepiche wrote: I actually had a mission to rescue a soldier and was able to sneak all the way in, hack the cell without setting off the alarms, and be standing right next to where I could call for extraction, all without being spotted by ADVENT. After I called for extraction there was one ADVENT soldier who spotted me, wandered in, and promptly got shot, but I thought it was pretty cool to be able to go in and out almost completely quiet on a mission.
I did basically the same thing, but I had a turret right outside the closest door. I got everyone in position, called for extraction right next to the turret, then blew up the turret and a patrolling trooper for a promotion and an ambush skill point!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've decided to stop playing WOTC until I get back from my trip. If I get much further in I feel like I'm not going to want to restart when I come back but I'll have forgotten enough so that I will really need to go through the whole opening routine again. And there might be some play-balancing patches by then too.

But mostly my wife will kill me if I spend my time playing instead of getting stuff ready :wink:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Got it. Now for the really important decision: should I start on Veteran Ironman, Commander Ironman, Veteran w/o Ironman or Commander w/o Ironman. :?

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote:Got it. Now for the really important decision: should I start on Veteran Ironman, Commander Ironman, Veteran w/o Ironman or Commander w/o Ironman. :?

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Veteran Ironman, it's not really that hard, but Ironman makes you consider your moves a lot more.

Commander Ironman is just asking for failure. Without Ironman is just extending gameplay through reloads (for me anyway, some of you are stronger)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Thanks for the advice!
Covfefe!
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Is this going give me the other Xcom 2 DLC?

I ask because I only have 1 of the 5 other DLCs and I got an error adding them to my cart and trying to buy all in STEAM. An error that you already have an item in your cart kind of error.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Yojimbo wrote:Is this going give me the other Xcom 2 DLC?
I think the answer is "yes" *

*Details below:

I bought War of the Chosen AND Reinforcement Pack (on sale) today. (I'm not all sure I needed to pay for the Reinforcement Pack)

I owned Resistance Warrior Pack already.

After a 30Gb install (!) it showed all the DLC (save Resistance Warrior Pack that I owned) as "Added Today".

The other DLC were not installed. So I did a "verify integrity of game files" under Properties > Local Files and after a 2.8Gb "fix" download I have all of the DLCs now.

Maybe they safely assumed that we would have owned them anyway by now? I played Xcom 2 a lot - got the coveted "Exquisite Timing" Achievement badge and shelved the game.

I may avoid work next week and tear into the expansion(s).
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Got a little time in last night. Had a false start at first, because I forgot to shut off the tutorial, but I made it through Gatecrasher and started the second mission before I had to turn in. On my second start, I enabled the "double the timers" thing because I hate being rushed on these maps. I understand it adds urgency, I just like to take my time and set up good strategy. The "take pictures" thing after the missions is pretty neat, a little unnecessary, but neat. Haven't seen much else so far of the new stuff. Aside from Marina Sirtis' Reaper at the beginning.
Model Mayhem # 641920
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Got some more playing time in yesterday.

-Overall really enjoying it. It adds a lot of new systems on it.

-i actually like the after mission posters. I've been taking them pretty frequently. I even saw one in a mission map of one of my fallen soldiers. Cool stuff.

-I really like how they implemented the factions with their assorted bonuses. IF you do the first "Hunt" mission for the faction, it unlocks one of their "card holders". So that way you can have multiple cards active. Fairly easy missions. So I'd suggest doing that. This is the card screen that only unlocks 1 time per month; you can access it on the top via the world map.

-The covert ring is pretty cool. I haven't upgraded it yet. However, you can do missions in there that bump up your resistance contacts. I thought that was a nice touch, so hopefully that will lessen the need for a satellite room being constructed in your base. I've been using one of my guys in there and trying to build up bonds with another guy, unfortunately they aren't that close overall, so i might nix that.

-just got a mission last night that would make the supply drop instantaneous on the cover mission interface. I will get that next. its a no brainer.

-When I logged yesterday was close to building an infirmary, so we'll see what that does.

-I actually beat one of the chosen (Warlock dude). He popped up on the first mission that i activated him. And I promptly kicked his ass. He teleported out after i had "killed him". So i am not sure what's going on with him.

-havent gotten to the 2nd level of bonding yet. Have only bonded two pairs. I've actually spent a lot of time doing "matchmaking" so i have a series of pairs i want to create.

-the new allies bring some pretty cool abilities, really enjoying their gameplay. I've unlocked all three and have used them to various degrees so far.

-got a cool continent bonus which allowed any recruit that i train to automatically get to lvl 2 (sergeant i think).

Right now i feel stretched, resource wise and time wise on the strategic map. So many things I want to build in my base and i cant due to having only 3 engineers. My research is slow due to having 1 scientist. wish i could send more on the covert actions.

OHHH - for the ALIEN RULERS - they make it VERY OBVIOUS what mission will unlock it. In the game screen, you will be verbally notified of a mission that has "Vahlen's creations" be careful when going in. I'll look at it a bit further later on to be more clear on what it looks like. But the game made it abundantly clear that if you go on this mission you will face them.

Really fun stuff so far.

-Be careful what you select for the places that will be adjacent to your workshop, not all of the new base rooms allow engineers to work there (am thinking training room specifically)

-infirmary and resistance ring can benefit from an engineer. Hence make it adjacent to a workshop for the gremlin boost.

Base build order right now for me would be if starting over: GTC -> Covert action ring -> (Not sure what would be next) I'll update in the future as i play more. Workshops still in the 2 center centers spots.

I really wish they'd create some awesome armors and such. IE I loved the flying jetpack from Xcom1. Loved sending my sniper up with that one and raining pain down on the battlefied...sigh such good times.
Last edited by Newcastle on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Newcastle wrote: OHHH - for the ALIEN RULERS - they make it VERY OBVIOUS what mission will unlock it. In the game screen, you will be verbally notified of a mission that has "Vahlen's creations" be careful when going in. I'll look at it a bit further later on to be more clear on what it looks like. But the game made it abundantly clear that if you go on this mission you will face them.
I really wish they'd create some awesome armors and such. IE I loved the flying jetpack from Xcom1. Loved sending my sniper up with that one and raining pain down on the battlefied...sigh such good times.
For the Alien Rulers missions, when do you do them? Like, what level guys should you send on those? First time I did them, I went in way too low level and it screwed me up down the road. When doing the Advent blacksite missions, which are already hard, and one of the rulers shows up it is almost always a wipe for me.

I personally miss the MELD stuff, but like I said I haven't gotten too far with this DLC, so maybe there is an element of that down the road.
Model Mayhem # 641920
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Sectoid wrote:
Newcastle wrote: OHHH - for the ALIEN RULERS - they make it VERY OBVIOUS what mission will unlock it. In the game screen, you will be verbally notified of a mission that has "Vahlen's creations" be careful when going in. I'll look at it a bit further later on to be more clear on what it looks like. But the game made it abundantly clear that if you go on this mission you will face them.
For the Alien Rulers missions, when do you do them? Like, what level guys should you send on those? First time I did them, I went in way too low level and it screwed me up down the road. When doing the Advent blacksite missions, which are already hard, and one of the rulers shows up it is almost always a wipe for me.

I personally miss the MELD stuff, but like I said I haven't gotten too far with this DLC, so maybe there is an element of that down the road.
I havent even touched them yet. And i dont know if i will with the alien rulers. I might not this play through, since I am still trying to get used to the systems. I also felt the armors were a bit underwhelming overall. So its not a priority for me right now.
Bayraktar!!!!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Newcastle wrote:-I actually beat one of the chosen (Warlock dude). He popped up on the first mission that i activated him. And I promptly kicked his ass. He teleported out after i had "killed him". So i am not sure what's going on with him.
You have to hunt them down in their fortress to really kill them. For killing them in any other mission all you get is 5 skill points and them out of your face for the rest of the mission. I "killed" the Hunter last night with one attack. Mine is weak to grenades. I threw a plasma grenade and I guess it blew something else up. 20 damage with one grenade.
Newcastle wrote:-got a cool continent bonus which allowed any recruit that i train to automatically get to lvl 2 (sergeant i think).
Sergeant is actually the fourth rank, so it is skipping two ranks (rookie -> squaddie -> corporal -> sergeant). I didn't get that bonus on my map *sadface* It is cool that there are lots of random bonuses so you can experience different things in different playthroughs.
Newcastle wrote:OHHH - for the ALIEN RULERS - they make it VERY OBVIOUS what mission will unlock it. In the game screen, you will be verbally notified of a mission that has "Vahlen's creations" be careful when going in. I'll look at it a bit further later on to be more clear on what it looks like. But the game made it abundantly clear that if you go on this mission you will face them.
It depends on the options you select at the beginning. If you choose the integrated option, they show up at advent facilities and you know that ahead of time. If you choose the original mission option, you have to do that specific mission to make them start appearing. If you choose neither, they just start popping up in random missions, pissing you off endlessly. I am now carrying the frost bomb with me on EVERY SINGLE MISSION.
Newcastle wrote:-Be careful what you select for the places that will be adjacent to your workshop, not all of the new base rooms allow engineers to work there (am thinking training room specifically)

-infirmary and resistance ring can benefit from an engineer. Hence make it adjacent to a workshop for the gremlin boost.
People that are smarter than I am say that the workshop is a waste of resources. Better to just buy engineers at the black market or get them from covert ops. The workshop uses power and has a monthly maintenance cost. There are better uses for those resources.
Sectoid wrote:For the Alien Rulers missions, when do you do them? Like, what level guys should you send on those? First time I did them, I went in way too low level and it screwed me up down the road.
Never. F the Alien Rulers. Viper King isn't that bad. He killed my Templar, but that was just because I got impatient. The Berserker Queen... Jeezus f'in crapsicle. She has sooo much health and the ruler reactions are so damn cheap. Yes, you can get some decent armor from them, but F them.

The initial Reaper is one of my two captains. Gods do I love Dragunova. Remote Start, the claymore, the stealth, the accuracy... so much goodness.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Anyone do a terror/retaliation mission yet? Man, that's some dumb-ass aliens and advent right there. As long as X-Com doesn't show up, they just exchange fire one for one with the resistance fighters without taking cover or moving or anything. Feels a little weird, but I bet the resistance guys would get massacred if the full pod activated. Still, it's good to see the helpless civilians pick up a frigging gun and shoot back.

So wait, you don't get the scripted missions for the alien rulers and sparks?
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote:Never. F the Alien Rulers. Viper King isn't that bad. He killed my Templar, but that was just because I got impatient. The Berserker Queen... Jeezus f'in crapsicle. She has sooo much health and the ruler reactions are so damn cheap. Yes, you can get some decent armor from them, but F them.
Do you uninstall the Alien Hunters DLC (assuming you have it) or just use the option to not include it when starting a WOTC campaign? I guess the same question goes for Shen's Last Gift. I didn't really like either DLC and am considering simply uninstalling them, but I guess you lose some of the new weapons.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

coopasonic wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Newcastle wrote:-Be careful what you select for the places that will be adjacent to your workshop, not all of the new base rooms allow engineers to work there (am thinking training room specifically)

People that are smarter than I am say that the workshop is a waste of resources. Better to just buy engineers at the black market or get them from covert ops. The workshop uses power and has a monthly maintenance cost. There are better uses for those resources.
Interesting - might have to change that on the next playthrough- right now though engineers cost 90 intel at the black market; kind of expensive for me since i dont have much intel. Figured a workshop could help with that.

RE: alien rulers - i see the mission on my map, not sure if it's different than the one blacksite mission.

RE: the continent bonus - it was the 2nd promotion, squaddie, not sergeat. You were right.
Bayraktar!!!!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote:
coopasonic wrote:Never. F the Alien Rulers. Viper King isn't that bad. He killed my Templar, but that was just because I got impatient. The Berserker Queen... Jeezus f'in crapsicle. She has sooo much health and the ruler reactions are so damn cheap. Yes, you can get some decent armor from them, but F them.
Do you uninstall the Alien Hunters DLC (assuming you have it) or just use the option to not include it when starting a WOTC campaign? I guess the same question goes for Shen's Last Gift. I didn't really like either DLC and am considering simply uninstalling them, but I guess you lose some of the new weapons.
Doh. It didn't occur to me to uninstall the DLC. I am not starting over for that. One of them is already dead and researched.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter