Pinball FX 3

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Pinball FX 3

Post by Isgrimnur »

Our Alpha Site
Zen Studios, creators of the hit pinball games Pinball FX 2 and Zen Pinball, have announced the release date of their latest installment in the series, Pinball FX3, on September 26th, 2017 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In addition to the release date, Zen Studios also announced that the launch will be accompanied by a Universal Classics pack. This pack contains three tables from Steven Spielberg classic films: Jaws, Back to the Future, and E.T.
Pinball FX
Tables not coming to Pinball FX3
• South Park Pinball 2 Table Pack
• Street Fighter Pinball
• Ninja Gaiden Pinball
• Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
• Ms. Splosion Man Pinball
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Enough

Re: Pinball FX 3

Post by Enough »

So they managed to claw the Williams license away from Farsight and the first Williams table pack is live on FX3! I have so far played Fish Tails and Medieval Madness and the new classic physics are pretty darned impressive. I am excited to see what they do with the license. I urge you all to play soon so you can easily get in the top 500 worldwide on the table of your choice with very little effort right now, heh. My second game of MM I got ranked like 250-something globally. Feels good man, but we know that will not last more than a couple of weeks tops hah.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

I've been playing through all the Williams tables. I'm really enjoying them. Usually, I like all the over the top effects Zen puts on their tables, but with the Williams tables, I've been turning them off. The tables are so challenging and well designed, they don't need the extra flash. Sometimes it even gets in the way. Offhand, I'd say pack 2 and pack 5 are my favorites, but it's hard to go wrong with any of them.

I got to play some real pinball at a classic gaming arcade. It was amazing how comfortable I felt playing some of the Williams tables. I even set a few (daily) high scores.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish I could pick and choose a table bundle. Id get F14 Tomcat, all the Star Trek tables, and assorted other great ones over the years. But Ill be honest there....digital pinball just isn't the same. I like the thump and feel and sound and lights in person.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

You could buy one of these:

Only $7000. That makes it a pipe dream for almost all of us. It would be pretty cool to have 96 tables in one cabinet.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holy shit, that is incredible. :shock:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I'm waiting for this to be released and some reviews but I'm seriously thinking of getting one:

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Z-Corn wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:21 am I'm waiting for this to be released and some reviews but I'm seriously thinking of getting one:

While I’d love the $7k one, that’s never gonna happen. At $499, Thais version is a no-brainer buy for me.

If I’m understanding it correctly, it comes preloaded with a bunch of the SW Zen Pinball games, correct? Then you can buy more? Seems like it’s not limited to SW tables, which would be cool.

EDIT: This video has a few more details. Namely:

- Wifi is intended for game and software updates only, not for purchasing more tables. :(
- There will be more than one cabinet, possibly a Marvel
- likely to only 10 of the Zen SW tables included per table (out of 19 tables)

Those all make me much less excited, but we’ll see what the final product looks like.

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I've been following this closely since they announced it. I'm an Arcade 1Up fan anyway...

The second table at launch is Attack From Mars.

Here's video from CES of Cooltoy actually playing the Star Wars table. He liked it it seems.

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

This looks pretty cool too: