PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious »

Oh look another f'n patch. And it looks like the test server isn't up either. Seriously at least once a week is ridiculous. Left alone for the night and nope... :grund:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Pretty much agree. I'm not nearly as frustrated by it, but it does seem ridiculous.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Never played Metal Gear 5 so I bought that for 13 bucks. I need some single player in my life. Fyi one pf the patches will contain removing the hands hitbox. That means Frey can stop worrying about the leaning. :)
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

FYI the season ended last night. Easily my best season. It was helped a lot by being able to play on the island map where getting multiple kills is a lot easier. Finished 713 in TPP. :horse:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Very nice Oct. The best seasons I've had put my in the top 1%, which is still thousands of people ahead of me, and that's with no wins or almost no wins.

As for our nightly group, it's pretty common for us to reach #2, but we can never seen to finish the job. Just last night Frey and I reached #2, and I hit the #1 guy 3 times with my mini-14, which of course put him at 20%. After getting clipped by his SKS I turned to get into cover to heal but didn't move fast enough and that was that.

We most often play 3 players in squad games and I'd say we reach the top ten regularly and #2 often enough that it's no longer noteworthy.

My goals when playing have changed significantly and obtaining a high rank is much lower priority than engaging and winning other players/squads. My ability to shoot continues to be my worst skill which is a shame because it's very clearly the most important one, so I prioritize using it to practice as much as possible.

Frey and I often decide to engage enemy teams not because it's the smart play but because it's the fun play. I'm pretty much through sneaking into the top 10 (and Sanhok makes this much tougher anyway) and will engage people just to test my skill against theirs. There is no question that I have improved in this area, but the game seems to keep putting me against people who are also much better than those who I used to fight against. :D

Frey's aim has really improved as well.

Desync seems to be much less of an issue, but just recently I had a night that had a bunch of suspect moments. On the whole though, it's much better.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

1 for 1 in the new season. Should just stop now lol.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Are you still playing Squad?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Haven’t played in a week or so but yes it’s a fun game.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:42 pm
As for our nightly group, it's pretty common for us to reach #2, but we can never seen to finish the job.
For example, another second place tonight with Cort, Frey and myself.

Always the bride's maid, never (rarely) the bride as it were.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Three games last night, first in a while. Got 1 SKS headshot at range, and lost three firefights where I had the drop on them.

Same as it ever was.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

You should play with us, Izzy
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Odds are good I won't be able to join anything regularly for the next five months while I finish school.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Did I mention I love season resets the first week? Played a match yesterday on the desert. 12 left and no kills. Ended with 6 kills and the win. Final guy laid prone in the middle of the circle on a rock. Easiest kill ever.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Funny win yesterday. I was hiding in a building near the military base with like 10-12 people left and had a buggy parked outside. As the circle was closing and I knew I had to get across an open field I jumped in the buggy and made a beeline to the hill. Directly in my path was a poor dude laying prone who I squished. I then jetted around the outside of the circle and ran over ANOTHER person trying to make it into the circle. Decided that was enough buggy time and ditched it. Final circle starts closing and i have to run down a hill. I have only a red dot and hollow. I see another guy 150-200 m away and he has a sniper rifle. Ends up he's the only dude left. So in desperation I just spray an entire clip from the DP at him and book it to a tree.

Instead of trying to snipe me he makes the poor move to try and run in front of me. I just kept taking bursts at him with the DP until he remembers he has a sniper rifle. Switch to my M4 and tap burst a bunch of shots until he dies. It was the most unprofessional win ever. :lol:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sometime around July 17th Red51ve killed a boat. He was so excited about it he made me promise to post it to youtube. After several false starts with a crashy open source video editor, I finally managed to post something.

Frey and Doom were there too, as we all testified to Red's skill at water crafticide. Note the 4 forlorn crates left without a home because of Red's diesellust.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

That was, admittedly, very cool. :D
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

LOL jumping in a smoking boat isn't the best idea in the world. That's great. :mrgreen:

FYI the limb penetration is now live. So Frey can stop worrying about the leaning. Curious to see how much of a difference it makes. I only had time to play a round 2 rounds last night so I can't really comment. I saw that they pulled the ability to mark outside of the map from the patch. The streamers and testers screamed it was a bad idea and they listened.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Yah, I'm glad they pulled it for reconsideration. When I first heard about the idea, I thought it would be awesome. No more confusion trying to figure out which building your partner is talking about! Yay!
And then read about how easy it was to "macro" your keys so that every time you fired it placed a marker. Suddenly some of the game's realism and uncertainty goes out the window, and you no longer are shooting at guys, but instead shooting at yellow markers because it's just easier.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:12 am Sometime around July 17th Red51ve killed a boat. He was so excited about it he made me promise to post it to youtube. After several false starts with a crashy open source video editor, I finally managed to post something.

Frey and Doom were there too, as we all testified to Red's skill at water crafticide. Note the 4 forlorn crates left without a home because of Red's diesellust.

:horse:

That was awesome. Thanks GG!
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Freyland wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:53 am Yah, I'm glad they pulled it for reconsideration. When I first heard about the idea, I thought it would be awesome. No more confusion trying to figure out which building your partner is talking about! Yay!
And then read about how easy it was to "macro" your keys so that every time you fired it placed a marker. Suddenly some of the game's realism and uncertainty goes out the window, and you no longer are shooting at guys, but instead shooting at yellow markers because it's just easier.
Ya it sounds like a good idea until you actually see what can happen with it. The rest of the changes look really good. I really won't have a chance to try it for at least a week as I'll be out of town. Steam might report me missing when they see my PUBG time drop off. :lol:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Doom and Freyland, Duo on Erangel.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

I was alive for the win too! Also killed 2!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Woo chicken dinners for everyone! :horse: Haven't played much this week and will be out next week. I think I could use a break anyway. :lol:

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Congrats guys, that's great!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Two (!) crossbow kills in Stalber tonight (I guess last night at this point).
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice! I have like two ever aside from the events.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Got back from vacation yesterday and played a few rounds. I was a bit off the first few rounds, but had a few good rounds. Got a 7 kill win in first person. I think I'm going to try to stick to first person more. I dislike the cheesy crap you can pull in tpp. I mean hell you can hide behind a rock and have perfect vision of someone and they can't see you at all. Sure I actually do better in TPP, but it's just starting to wear on me.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

7 kills in FPP is pretty darn good, Octavious.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I sure wish there was a way to play against just your friends.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Freyland wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:35 pm 7 kills in FPP is pretty darn good, Octavious.
Thanks, It's not terribly difficult to get a high kill count on the island map if you catch people off guard. This is super easy to do in TPP where you can just hide in a bush like an ahole. In FPP you can't really do that as you can't see very well. Another good reason to play first person. The best kill of that round is that in the top left of the new map there are a lot of rock formations. One formation has an overhang that you can hide under. I hid under that and a guy fully geared in level 3 crap ran right up to me. I shot him to death at the legs. If you watch the replay there was no way for him to see me. :lol:

While I was looting his body someone came to investigate the noise. I was mid looting and had to switch to my sniper gun. I somehow killed the dude with like 2-3 hp left. I think I had a QBU, if it was a Kar I would have been dead. :wub: My aim is pretty darn good now, it's just my positioning and strategy that I generally screw up. I just don't get how those online streamers make such brilliant moves all the time. They make it seem so easy. :tjg:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Redfive wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:24 pm I sure wish there was a way to play against just your friends.
you just need 8 friends and you could create a custom game. I don't think we have 8 people to round up though. I haven't really tried any of the custom stuff. I really should check it out as I bet some people have come up with some creative modes to play.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Advertising for a fourth squad member, as our temporary opening appears to be permanent. It is not uncommon for our team to make it to second or third place 2-3 times per night, and that's with just three guys playing against squads of 4. Of course, we do get wrecked occasionally as well.

FFP
Cort, Doom2, Freyland are the players.
Usually start at 10 PM EDT
Will throw out a Discord invite if there's interest.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Octavious wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Redfive wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:24 pm I sure wish there was a way to play against just your friends.
you just need 8 friends and you could create a custom game. I don't think we have 8 people to round up though. I haven't really tried any of the custom stuff. I really should check it out as I bet some people have come up with some creative modes to play.
Yeah, playing other stuff right now but would love to try a custom game. I thought you had to be a streaming partner or something to do that.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Freyland wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:30 am Advertising for a fourth squad member, as our temporary opening appears to be permanent. It is not uncommon for our team to make it to second or third place 2-3 times per night, and that's with just three guys playing against squads of 4. Of course, we do get wrecked occasionally as well.

FFP
Cort, Doom2, Freyland are the players.
Usually start at 10 PM EDT
Will throw out a Discord invite if there's interest.
Still sick. I actually stayed home yesterday even though I was out all week. I may pop in from time to time. I generally don't like squads that much. Duos are fun, but with Squads I always feel a bit lost. I'm so much better solo when I can just run around like an idiot. :lol:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh and what happened to Green?

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

You're always welcome, Oct.

You made me snicker the other day when you joined us. You previously wrote a wise post about how we tended to not stick together, but then you and Doom ran about 200 meters away from Cort and I to loot some other houses. :lol: Anyways, you have lots to teach I'm sure, and your aim is pretty damn good. I still remember watching you clear a barn, shooting two guys on either side of you.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Octavious wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:56 pm Oh and what happened to Green?
Wish I had a good answer to give you.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Freyland wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:03 pm You're always welcome, Oct.

You made me snicker the other day when you joined us. You previously wrote a wise post about how we tended to not stick together, but then you and Doom ran about 200 meters away from Cort and I to loot some other houses. :lol: Anyways, you have lots to teach I'm sure, and your aim is pretty damn good. I still remember watching you clear a barn, shooting two guys on either side of you.
Well it depends on the situation of course. That was a pretty safe area to split up a bit. Well until we walked into the squad that blew my head off. :lol: FYI I saw that they are likely adding a shooting range for practice. That would be awesome. I would probably just spend hours working on controlling spray patterns. :lol: I still suck with the AKM past like 50m. :cry:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

The AKM is my buddy. Although, beyond probably 50 meters I probably need a compensator.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I felt compelled to share this because while on the tin it says "Cort and Freyland", it was all Cort. We looted and scooted a bit, hunted unsuccessfully, had great circles. When things were down to 500 m or less, we had to engage a team. I did all of 5 BP before going down to a Kar to the head, and the circle ate me. Cort threw a bunch of smoke (so hurridly he actually lobbed a frag right in front of himself) and scurried into cover within the circle. He actually hurt himself with his next "preemptive grenade strike", but managed to survive and heal. Everybody remaining killed each other but one, and Cort spotted him in the grass even before I did and finished him with a headshot. Go Cort!