PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Freyland

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Freyland »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 am Was playing a random squad match and there was like maybe 20 left. Caught out on the middle with a bunch of idiots camping a building. ;) Run for a tree and bam taken out by Freyland. (The camper in the building ;) ) :lol: I was dying laughing when I saw that in the feed. I did get back up, but sadly died outside the building as the rest of my squad got wiped. I so wanted to run in like John Wick. :twisted:

Nice shot Frey!
Thanks! :oops: :horse:
The best part is that I really suck with bolt-action rifles, so to hit a running target in the head with one, at any range, is ridiculously rare. To have that target be someone I know from the forum, out of ~250,000 active players? I probably should have left to buy a lottery ticket.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I was super pissed for a split second until I saw your name pop up. At least I knew you weren't a cheater. :lol: 99.99% chance I have the video of it as shadowatch auto records my kills and knocks. I'll see if I can remember to post it tonight.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I still wish you could set up custom matches against friends.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm I still wish you could set up custom matches against friends.
I think you can now? I'm not sure, but that feature was limited at the beginning to streamers and such, but I think they opened it up to everyone at some point? I could be totally wrong since I never investigated it, but I feel like the custom options are available to anyone. Will look at it tonight.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:28 pm I was super pissed for a split second until I saw your name pop up. At least I knew you weren't a cheater. :lol: 99.99% chance I have the video of it as shadowatch auto records my kills and knocks. I'll see if I can remember to post it tonight.
Here's what it looked like from Frey's perspective. Note for anyone who isn't familiar with PUBG, this is a replay of the game constructed from data that is saved during the game and is not a live recording of actual events. The reticle and bullet impact are misaligned, and this is an issue with the replay function, not what actually transpired. I could have included replay footage from Oct's perspective but he has the live recording which is always better than the replay video. Also I'm lazy. Also, also, I wouldn't be so lazy if my video editing software wasn't a pain in the butt and barely functional.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Thanks Goo. Hope Oct gets his video up as well. Then again, I know exactly what it "looks like" to be one-shotted on the run!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I found it, but didn't have time to do anything with it. Honestly it's not very interesting except for your name popping up. :lol: I got another sweet sweet winchester kill yesterday. My team got wiped so I was just taking pot shots at other teams. Poor dude stopped right in front of me about 50m and bam headshot. As soon as it reloaded I finished him off. I have a soft spot for that stupid gun. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Red51ve chewed a guy down to 50% with his tommy gun and then he and his target took cover, so I threw a mollie from another angle and got my first burn kill.

I like the winchester too, even though I don't think I've ever had any success with it. I never take one unless I get totally hosed on assault rifles, but sometimes you get totally hosed on assault rifles. Hell, I'd rather use an ump on single fire with a 2x (or better) scope than a winchester, and yet for some reason I still like it.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice I think I can count on one hand how many times I've tossed one. They seem to take a ton of space in the inventory so I never bother. It's really a good way to deter someone rushing your house.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'll post it tonight along with some of my greatest hits to make me feel better. :lol: There's one where I take out an entire squad with an M249. And another where I take out 3 people with an AKM with no health. :mrgreen: I'm really starting to get the hang of the hectic drops. Something that I just was never good at.

The M249 is hilarious as you can hear my random useless teammate yelling at me to get into the circle. The only reason he got into the circle is because I was busy killing everyone. The M249 is REALLY hard to control for me. I should load that up in the training map. I've gotten really good with spray control on pretty much any other weapon. I don't even realize I'm doing it anymore. Now if I could just learn to not put myself in dumb situations and to stop repeeking bad spots i will be golden. :lol:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sometimes the stars align. After this shot I was busy telling Frey how I had learned some things by watching better players online. Watching the video, I realize I was talking crap. I got lucky with a random shot and that's all it was. I thought I had taken him out with my last shot, assuming he peeked just as I fired. I did fire intentionally at him between the sheets of metal, but I had no expectations of actually hitting him. You can slow down the video if it's difficult to see.

Still, what a shot! I'll take it.

Last edited by GreenGoo on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm As promised:
That was me you were spraying with your beryl in the window in the second video. You can hear the only grenade I had to throw at you land right after you died. It was a smoke grenade. :doh: In my defense, I knew it was a smoke grenade, I was hoping to flush you with the sound of a grenade landing. I had no idea you were already dead. In fact we all jumped out the window of the second story on the left side, and I was desperately trying to get people to believe me that there was a dude RIGHT THERE and to watch out. They glanced around, saw no one, and proceeded to ignore me. I spent the next 60-90 seconds sweating bullets, searching behind us and generally wondering where the f**k you had disappeared to.

I watched your other videos, thanks for posting them.

I was so glad to see you miss the downed guy 5 feet in front of you with a shotgun. I thought I was the only one who did that. I tend to keep quiet when it happens. :P
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:49 pm
Octavious wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm As promised:
That was me you were spraying with your beryl in the window in the second video. You can hear the only grenade I had to throw at you land right after you died. It was a smoke grenade. :doh: In my defense, I knew it was a smoke grenade, I was hoping to flush you with the sound of a grenade landing. I had no idea you were already dead. In fact we all jumped out the window of the second story on the left side, and I was desperately trying to get people to believe me that there was a dude RIGHT THERE and to watch out. They glanced around, saw no one, and proceeded to ignore me. I spent the next 60-90 seconds sweating bullets, searching behind us and generally wondering where the f**k you had disappeared to.

I watched your other videos, thanks for posting them.

I was so glad to see you miss the downed guy 5 feet in front of you with a shotgun. I thought I was the only one who did that. I tend to keep quiet when it happens. :P
The downed guy with the shotgun is a bug. It's a very annoying bug. I so wanted to storm that building you have no idea. :lol:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:54 am
The downed guy with the shotgun is a bug. It's a very annoying bug. I so wanted to storm that building you have no idea. :lol:
Hah. How do you figure? I know about the ADS on shotguns firing lower than non-ADS shots, but you clearly fired right in her armpit. You can even see that at least 1 pellet hit her, but not enough to finish her.

In any case, if it's something else I'm all ears. I'm not trying to make an actual issue out of it, but I watched the video and you can see your aim point is not centered on her.

Let me watch it again.

Ok, if you're saying that when you ADS'd the shotgun aim point lowered, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Watching the bug actually being tested, I didn't think that's what's happening however. I thought visually the aim point stayed the same but the pellets were misaligned with the aim point.

In any case, you knew about the bug and still missed. ;) Nice rez on that dude before that though. You must have been sweating bullets during that.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 am
Octavious wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:54 am
Hah. How do you figure? I know about the ADS on shotguns firing lower than non-ADS shots, but you clearly fired right in her armpit. You can even see that at least 1 pellet hit her, but not enough to finish her.

In any case, if it's something else I'm all ears. I'm not trying to make an actual issue out of it, but I watched the video and you can see your aim point is not centered on her.

Let me watch it again.

Ok, if you're saying that when you ADS'd the shotgun aim point lowered, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Watching the bug actually being tested, I didn't think that's what's happening however. I thought visually the aim point stayed the same but the pellets were misaligned with the aim point.

In any case, you knew about the bug and still missed. ;) Nice rez on that dude before that though. You must have been sweating bullets during that.
Eh maybe I just missed who knows. Nah I play so many pickup matches that I really don't get all that stressed. Plus I could hear people coming pretty easily.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Shotgun bug?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

ADS has the pellet cluster centered slightly lower than non-ADS.

So if you aim at a wall and fire, then ADS and fire without moving your mouse, the ADS shot is slightly lower. It's a pretty small difference but it exists, and can impact how many pellets land.

The pellet spread from the shots sorta look like a Venn diagram with significant overlap, so we're not looking at a huge difference.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

No there's a random bug where you can't hit a downed person. I've seen streamers like Shroud and Chocotaco run into it multiple times. In this instance I probably just missed, but there is certainly a random issue with hitting downed people.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm No there's a random bug where you can't hit a downed person. I've seen streamers like Shroud and Chocotaco run into it multiple times. In this instance I probably just missed, but there is certainly a random issue with hitting downed people.
Fair enough, but the shotgun bug/feature exists, for Frey and others.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Been quiet for awhile so I thought I'd throw up another short video.

Here's me showing a little improvement on recoil control. It's an AKM. I don't remember if it had a compensator on it or not. I'd guess no. Yeah, you can see there is nothing on the barrel. Ignore the initial potatoing. That's just me being me. I'm actually strafing while crouched, so the recoil control is doubly impressive for me. Yes it's at very short range. Cut me some slack.

I have 20 million videos of me sucking, but here's one where I'm not. Ignoring my initial hip firing of course. :oops: :D

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Here's the end of a Duo last night with Frey. Frey had to bail because of work, so I was just screwing around. The first guy had 8 hp left, and the second guy I killed from beyond the grave with a molly. I was attempting to lay down some area denial so he couldn't just run right up like he did and shoot me exactly as he did. So the molly wasn't for him specifically, but for the area in front of the shed. Of course I would have trapped myself in there probably, but I had to choose from several bad choices, and that's the one I went with.

So the first guy lived for a short while after, but the guy who killed me burned to death. Worth it.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I believe we've discussed the ADS offset bug/feature before. It is sort of related to the shotgun bug mentioned above, but not exactly. Here's a video where Chocotaco and wtfmoses discuss it in a game, then illustrate it for Choco's stream watchers. I thought it might be interesting for anyone who might not be familiar with it. I've posted the video at the time stamp where they bring it up, and if you watch from there for about 30-40 seconds, you get a decent explanation and a good illustration of it.

The shotgun ADS bug is similar, except instead of being offset to the side, it's offset downwards. I believe shotguns are the only guns that do this, everything else offsets horizontally.

wtfmoses claims that it has officially been called a bug, although like Choco suggests, I have seen community members claim it is an intended feature. Anyway, watch 40 seconds of the video for more details.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'm not good enough for that to be an issue, lol.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I hit up twitch yesterday as I randomly do when I am bored and the featured streamer was playing PUBG... I watched for a few minutes and it *almost* got me to reinstall. I may come back at some point soon as I am kind of between games, though it won't really matter to you guys since I will be playing solo (and I can't find my damn mic anyway!)

Aren't you glad I popped in to announce that?

I thought so!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Super stressed out at work so I haven't played this much. Since I don't exactly find this game relaxing I have been diving through like a million single player games hoping one will stick. Dragons Dogma seems to be the front runner right now.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm I hit up twitch yesterday as I randomly do when I am bored and the featured streamer was playing PUBG... I watched for a few minutes and it *almost* got me to reinstall. I may come back at some point soon as I am kind of between games, though it won't really matter to you guys since I will be playing solo (and I can't find my damn mic anyway!)

Aren't you glad I popped in to announce that?

I thought so!
I don't even bother playing solo any more. I probably would if my eyes were better. Spotting the other guy first is like 90% of the game. Hitting what you're aiming at is the other 90%. I never thought I would be so unhappy with my aim, but it's the speed of aiming that is key, anyone can hit what they're aiming at if given enough time and a stationary target. I even took a guy's head off with a kar98 yesterday, so I know it's true.

I enjoy everyone's company and team tactics are more fun for me anyway.

I think you should join us with or without a mic, but each person has to do what's fun/best for them, so I understand either way. It's an open invitation.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo and Freyland! Went all the way down to the collapsing safe zone of the final circle, but we got 'em.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Nice!!
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Thanks for waiting until I logged off to do that.

:ninja: Maybe that should tell me something about me, heh.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 pm Thanks for waiting until I logged off to do that.

There are a whole bunch of things I'm not going to talk about re: the win, and given how quick I am to be critical of my play normally, I'll leave it to your imagination as to the things that I'm *not* willing to discuss.

I was the second last player to be knocked, so from that perspective, I helped.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:19 pm
Redfive wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 pm Thanks for waiting until I logged off to do that.

There are a whole bunch of things I'm not going to talk about re: the win, and given how quick I am to be critical of my play normally, I'll leave it to your imagination as to the things that I'm *not* willing to discuss.

I was the second last player to be knocked, so from that perspective, I helped.
Sigh. The only thing I can take full credit for is efficiently gunning down the team that stumbled onto our cautious advance into the final 2 or 3 circles. Beyond that it was team play all the way!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice job guys! :horse:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Oh, I contributed. But it didn't feel like I did, so...yeah. You had 4 kills in that game plus a bunch of damage to others, and I hit 1 guy with 1 bullet. On the plus side it was the last guy standing and it probably helped you kill him, so it was an important single bullet, but still, the game felt like a weak effort for me. I've had weaker efforts though, so I feel some ownership of the game, just not very much. Which is totally fine.

That you wiped that duo right as we entered the final (I think) circle was the clutch play of the entire game, and that includes the final kill. Without that team wipe we never would have made it to the end. I had just escaped with my life when they started shooting before I knew they were there and you wiped them while they were firing at me (I think. They were definitely firing at me but I'm unsure if they switched targets at all). They both died so fast that I can't help but feel like they were hurt, which doesn't lessen the accomplishment. You can hear my sincere congratulations in the video.

Again, I was the initial target for the second last enemy and while we were exchanging fire at close range you popped around the corner and killed him. The final guy clipped me (edit: nope, missed) as I was pushing his building and then we both ADS at close range (like, 2m) through a window and his AKM defeated my lvl 3 armor before my M416 could defeat his level 1 armor (pretty sure) so...yeah. My untouched level 3 armor was gone by the time I was knocked.

I think it's important to note that the last guy wiped 3 teams before he got to us. At some point it was 12 then 10 then 8 people left and he killed 4 of those 8 plus some of the 12 (different ones, obviously). He was a force of nature. He had to either be a strong player or incredibly lucky, and I'm going with strong player. He was rolling everyone until he got to us and still managed to kill 1/2 of our team before dropping.

He was following you into the building through the door you had just entered when he realized he (and you) were outside of the circle so he turned around to get back into the circle (for other readers, the circle was shrinking to zero at this point, and ultra-painful like few have experienced. It's nuts. You can only stay alive in it for a few seconds at most) (edit: He's actually ADS'ing through the window that he killed me from, outside looking in this time, when you kill him) and you burst out of the door he was just entering and shot him down. You can actually see the circle shrink to zero on the video, but since we were the only ones left, we stopped taking damage. I suspect he thought with me down and you outside the circle he just had to wait a few seconds for it to kill both of us. Didn't work out too well for him, it seems. :D
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Two more Chicken Dinners to report since last night.
First was Cort, Doom, Freyland and Pathfinder. Hard fought game, with everyone getting kills, and three of us dying in the final confrontations. However, Cort, who I believe got 4 kills, faced of against the last combatant, and using his SLR expertly killed him in a single sho.., er, clip. :lol:

The second was in a Duo with TheSuperLulz. While I had two kills, they were fairly inconsequential, and Lulz basically carried the game. I was shot down three separate times, finally succumbing against the final team. Lulz then terminated them in a suspenseful fashion. Favorite part of the round? I have just been knocked by two guys that Lulz maybe shouldn't have engaged. He smokes me, then rezz's me in the haze. It's a high risk maneuver because they weren't that far away. Sure enough a Molotov lands nearby during the act, but not close enough. Footsteps approach as he is finishing the Rez... They are on top of us! No time to heal, I just hide, crouched in the smoke and waiting for it to clear in hopes I get a shot off after they finish Lulz. Copious gunfire, moments seem like minutes. The smoke begins to clear, and I make my move! My move to loot healing supplies, apparently, because Lulz has killed them both.

Goo will be pleased to know that I got a Molotov kill last night. I then ambushed the bejeebers out of the team that came to loot the area right after.

I'm not sure I like the Groza. In duo win I mentioned, all three times I died involved me completely failing to connect when I thought the target was a no-brainer. Could be desync, but probably more just me.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wow nice. The Groza is really hard to use because it has a weird recoil and you likely never use it. I avoid it for the most part. It's the only crate weapon I don't like.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Batcave on vikendi. Game starts with 2 air drop crates inside plus a ton of normal loot spawns. Watch the video.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I played it a bit yesterday. I hate the idea so much.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Seems pretty irrelevant to my games. I rarely pursue air drops and I fully expect to run into people who have looted them. That will continue to be the case.

I assume it will lead to the better/more ambitious squads killing each other earlier. In solo games it won't matter much since there is more loot than a player can carry. Carrying 2 AWMs might be fun for the novelty, but it won't improve game results. Given how world loot is funnelled to players with lots of kills, it's already normal (if not common) to run into full tier 3 geared dudes with m249s and AWMs already.

Shrug.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:30 am I sold my desperado crates yesterday and then uninstalled the game. 150 hours is probably enough for a $30 game. That puts it at #6 all time in my steam library (#5 if I exclude PvZ which was mostly my kids playing).
I stayed away for a year to the day (totally coincidental timing). I reinstalled and played a match last night. It was a map I had never seen before. I got lucky with the circles and doubt I even moved 200 yards through the whole game. I found an AKM and squatted in a corner with a good view. Eventually I had to move but hugged a cliff face. In the final 3 a guy dropped off the cliff behind me and I emptied a clip into him and managed to kill him. It closed to the final circle and I ran out of patience and moved... and died. First play in a year on an unknown map, second place with 1.0 K/D ratio.

Played another round this morning, on a different map I have never seen before. I had the opposite luck with the circles and ended up rushing into cover under fire. After about a minute and another firefight outside the building I was in a guy stomps into the room and I introduce him to the unfriendly end of the auto shotgun (S12K?). I have forgotten so much in a year. I was screwed on the circle again, but heard a vehicle outside and decided to see about catching a ride and got mowed down by an unknown actor opposite from the vehicle. Anyway I maintained my K/D ratio. I should retire now before it drops.

I was playing FPP which I never really played back in the day. It's less jarring now that I have largely forgotten the TPP experience.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter