PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo »

We had a discussion in discord about sound placement, chocotaco's ability to utilize sound in amazing ways and whether people do anything "extra" with their sound such as compressors or loudness equalization.

I've done some research since then and while not exhaustive or definitive, it seems the general consensus is that *any* post processing of sound has too much lag to be useful, and that choco basically plays with the volume on max all the time, which is why he mutes the entire game when inside a redzone.

I feel relatively comfortable saying that there doesn't appear to be anything to gain by adding additional software to do funky things with the in-game sound, and that if you want to hear and place those footsteps, get used to going deaf as you play with the game volume maxed.

Again, this is not definitive, but it's enough for me to drop the subject as far as speculating.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Not at my PC to post a pic, but we had two squad wins last night. The second one was particularly noteworthy because between the 4 of us (Goo, myself, two friends named Yobytrap and SquirlMaster), we had 18 kills!
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

My 6th-grade son is interested in this game, but I don't know enough. I try to keep him from being regularly confronted by the potty-mouth adolescent behaviors of the internet. Is it possible to play this game on a private server? Or at least block the stupid parts? I assume chat is not needed.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

If he leaves voice chat off he cant' be bothered by anyone. There's no typing chat option so essentially the only thing other players can do is kill you. A lot.
Last edited by Octavious on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

Thanks
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They are adding the scope to the winchester. Finally... I haven't played pretty much at all the last few months. Might dabble a bit on the test server, but I feel like the world has passed them by at this point. Apex Legends has content flying out left and right while PUBG rolls out small change after small change. Shrug.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

This is from yesterday. I still make a million mistakes, but I have to say I've gotten very good with recoil control. It was easy for me to use the M249 with the 3 time scope. I want to use it all the time. :lol:

M249 Chicken Dinner
https://pubg.report/streams/b5d35bfd-ac ... /184550786