This one should never expire

https://discord.gg/HeqMdq8
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
morlac

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by morlac »

I'm in!

It's a snow day to day for me so I'll be playing a little here and there as I pretend to work a little :)
morlac

Post by morlac »

These new settings are making a huge difference, thanks Oct!

I had another stellar match last night. 3 kills top 15 finish. First two where in the apartments by the school. 1 with a shotty when a dude opened a door on me. He cursed and called me a camper in engrish over his mic. I just LOL as I wasn't camping I just heard him coming and waited :) 2nd was coing out of said apartment. Last kill was with my M16 with a 4x scope. Saw a car traveling full speed a good distance away (not sure exactly). He was running away from a super crate he just looted. He spun out and dipped below my view in a little valley. I waited patiently for when he got going and popped into view going from right to left. I shot once and dead. Best shot ever for me. His little car just keep going and crashed into a tree. He had to be pissed. I could not loot him though which sucks as he had just hit a super crate. No Loot box I could find. I died to guy I had down to about 15 health at the end. I went full auto and somehow didn't kill him. Can't complain after my super car shot.

So my new favorite strategy is to jump right outside a small hot spot and setup an ambush. Just need to predict which way they will egress from said hotspot based on the first zone and boom. I really only need one decent weapon and I can usually get a quick kill and steal their better stuff. I'm too lazy to loot, you do it for me please ;)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Landing outside of a hot spot arming up and cleaning up the survivors is a very popular strategy. I really should employ it more myself. It's really not that hard to figure out the general idea of where people will end up going next if you look at the map for a minute.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Came one shot from getting another chicken dinner last night. I'm starting to finally get good at the final circles I think. Wasn't too much I could have done better. With just two of us left the guy was behind a boulder and I was in an open field. I just kept plinking him when he popped out and kept moving towards him. He only had one tiny sliver of health left when i died. If he didn't have a level 3 helmet it wouldn't have even been close. :doh:

Had a sweet sweet kill with a kar98. Me and a guy were having a prolonged fight when I remembered duh I have a kar. I quickly peeked and noted that he was just hanging his head out and firing whenever I tried to come around the corner. Switched to the kar98 and quickly lined up a perfect headshot. So satisfying. I ended up getting killed shortly after as some dude was just hanging on the side waiting for one of us to die. Jerk. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I've been watching chocoTaco a little bit on twitch and in one it was down to the last two and the other guy comes running at him with no armor or helmet wielding a pan. choco drops all his gear and pulls out his crowbar and they go at it in melee for the chicken dinner. It was kind of hilarious.

If you want to see it go to 2:28:30 here:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 pm I thought you were crazy for thinking it would go back up at all, but you were spot on. I sold one for 87 cents on Monday and just sold another for $2.70 today. I guess the actual crazy people are the PUBG players.

There's nothing in the new crates I am even interested in wearing.
Sold a biker crate for a buck 71 canadian today. Market is telling me that the Desperado crates start around 3.70ish canadian right now.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Have you already made back all that you spent buying the game?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I opened a biker crate... and got a beanie hat. Well that was worth it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Be thankful it didn't have a spinning propeller on top.

The ultimate PUBG accessory.
Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:19 pm Have you already made back all that you spent buying the game?
No, not even close, but I've only pulled 1 item that was above grey quality. I could add it up, but it's somewhere around 5-7 bucks so far. Even that might be optimistic.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I sold 1 thing for like 10-11 bucks. Can't complain I guess.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So Frey, I took a look at the replay for the game where the jeep tried to drive over us and eventually I blew it up and then finished off the last guy standing. I then took cover behind the burning wreckage when the buggy pulled up on the hill.

You will probably not believe what was going on during that firefight. By the end, when I died, there were no less than 6 teams (or part of teams) firing bullets in that area. The guy that was shooting from the building behind me? He couldn't see me because a tree was in the way. Every time I heard a shot from behind (where I was exposed) it was aimed at the buggy dudes.

At one point there were 3 teams firing at the buggy dudes. At least 3 sniper rifles with 4x or better scopes, but they had nearly perfect cover from those rocks from all angles until more teams showed up from behind them. Because I was hunkered down and not returning fire (I guess) it didn't look like anyone knew I was there. The buggy dudes probably thought the house guy's shots were mine.

It was nuts. I don't know if it makes me laugh or cry, but no one, not a single other team besides the buggy dudes fired at me. I thought I was taking so much fire from so many directions, but I never did. It was all buggy dudes. What a clusterf**k. So much firing, so little dying.

Oh, and both buggy dudes ran from their rock (remember we weren't sure if it was one or two?). One went to the house (on their side of me, not the sniper nest behind me) and immediately came under fire by an as yet undiscovered team and the other guy grabbed a tree. Shortly after that I bailed, thinking I was dead either way, and that maybe running for it might give me a chance, no matter how slim. Buggy dude put me down, despite EVERYONE firing at him.

You know when you're running along and you hear a serious gunfight over a ridge but you avoid it? This time, it was us and 6 other teams. Crazy.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I've had at least 2 recent games where the other player has terrible aim yet they get a lucky headshot. I can tell they have terrible aim because I have terrible aim and they shoot like I shoot. I can handle the occasional bad luck but too many more and I'm gonna start to twitch.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I heart the m24. Grabbed it off a crate and almost won our squad match. 1 vs 3. I took one out, just missed on another and never saw the one dude who killed me. I should have moved after I knocked the first guy out. Oh well.. I need me more of that gun! :lol:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

New distance record is 605m. My goal is a 800m shot. Even with an 8x scope I'm not so sure how well I would be able to see them. At 600m they are pretty freaking tiny already.

And for those playing at home. The dots on the 8x line up perfectly with the kar98. So if they are 400m you use the 4th dot. 600m 6th dot etc... It was not like this prior to 1.0. Also the 4x scope line work perfectly on 5.56 weapons. It's really nice to actually be able to use the scopes properly.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Rage quit. No loot, no armour, no helmet, 1 sawed off shotgun with 5 shells, search 1/2 the crater, move to support Frey, play it cautious, no sign of anyone, stop to pick up a pistol and ammo (didn't get a chance to start loading it) and dude walks in and shotguns me at pointblank range during the 2 seconds I had my inventory screen up.

After how the rest of the night played out, that was just too much. The timing on that is unbelievable from my perspective. Bad things happen, that's the nature of the game. Too many shitty things tonight wore me down and that was the straw that broke it.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I've contacted Justin Trudeau to arrange an emergency Canadian Rage Intervention. I pray you can forgive me, but it had to be done.

:lol:
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
morlac

Post by morlac »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 am Rage quit. No loot, no armor, no helmet, 1 sawed off shotgun with 5 shells, search 1/2 the crater, move to support Frey, play it cautious, no sign of anyone, stop to pick up a pistol and ammo (didn't get a chance to start loading it) and dude walks in and shotguns me at pointblank range during the 2 seconds I had my inventory screen up.

After how the rest of the night played out, that was just too much. The timing on that is unbelievable from my perspective. Bad things happen, that's the nature of the game. Too many shitty things tonight wore me down and that was the straw that broke it.
When this happens I find a quick new game where I do nothing but goof off helps. Always wondered what was at that crop of building way out there....go find out. Ever landed on the construction crane? You cant reparachute off! Always wondered how much air you could catch on a motorcycle on a particular ridge? go find out. Ever wanted to run around in just your underwear and a pan? Go for it.

Last week I did nothing on a match but drive back and forth over the bridge until someone drove up. I was like Lancelot in Excalibur looking to joust someone. We had an impromptu and wonderfully fun game of chicken that ended in a fist fight after we rammed each other at full speed on the second pass. Of course that took a willing participant but they are out there. Oh, and I lost but who cares it was stupid and fun.

In other words, don't take it so seriously an do something to remind yourself this is just a game to fill up your leisure time. Easier said than done of course!

failing that, the CRI team is en route.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 am Rage quit. No loot, no armour, no helmet, 1 sawed off shotgun with 5 shells, search 1/2 the crater, move to support Frey, play it cautious, no sign of anyone, stop to pick up a pistol and ammo (didn't get a chance to start loading it) and dude walks in and shotguns me at pointblank range during the 2 seconds I had my inventory screen up.

If it makes you feel any better, Thunderball and I wiped that team out and we kept shooting their dead bodies. :lol: I was not on my game at all yesterday. Not sure what my deal is. Guess I need a few days off. Won't be around today, but should be around tomorrow.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Got a machete kill before I left. That was fun.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

brought her computer with me. Might be on tonight.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Bah, #2. 1 grenade would have won it for me. Instead, he shot my knee that was just a few pixels out from behind the tree (it was a narrow tree).

That was a good finish, even if I never hit him. He had hit me earlier (around 5 left). I killed #4 and he killed #3. He had a pretty good idea where I was and I had a pretty good idea where he was. Then the shooting started. My kingdom for 1 freakin' grenade. :D Even a stun grenade.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Got another win on the kiddos laptop. Almost choked, but predicted the guya flank maneuver and finished him off. I hate her keyboard, but man I like her mouse better.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Here's a quick one.

Utilizing my masterful parachuting skills, I land in northern georgopol by myself. Replay says no one is within 2km. Circle starts to close, so I start running. It's not impossible to reach the new circle, but it ain't good. I find no vehicles and start swimming to south georgopol. A boat. Nice. I take it and boat my way from georgopol down to the south coast, outside of the circle for about 1/2 of it. At one point I stop and eat 3-4 bandages, but the damage is slow and tolerable.

I arrive just west of the ferry, make my way north into the first clump of buildings. I scout it, it's empty, I enter and no one had been there yet. Crazy. I start looting, looting, looting. "what was that?!" I stop, silent. Nothing. But unlike most of the time, I trust my hearing on this one and start creeping upstairs, as the sound was outside. I make a little noise, but not much. I creep my way to the far side of the attic (windows on each end). I'm far away from the stairs, taking cover and pointing my reticle at the stairs.

Krrrash, a grenade comes flying in through the far window, but man it's a great throw and it lands near me. I start to move but he's cooked it, and boom, down I go. On the one hand, lucky bastard. On the other hand, it was a hail mary, and it was successful. The best possible outcome when throwing blind. I still can't figure out if I'm impressed or pissed off. :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Speaking of impressed or pissed off, after a couple meh games yesterday I was considering uninstalling. The game isn't doing it for me lately, but I've had the flu so maybe that is coloring things. The crate clock flipped and I had enough points for a couple crates... both Desperado crates. So... impressed or pissed off? I guess that depends how much prices rebound this week. :twisted:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm starting to burn out a bit. It would be nice if they added some game modes or something. Winchester only would be awesome. lol

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:53 am I'm starting to burn out a bit. It would be nice if they added some game modes or something. Winchester only would be awesome. lol
Custom games allow for this sort of thing, but you have to be a PUBG Partner (streamer/youtuber with a following) to create custom games.

WackyJacky101 runs custom games on the weekend. When I checked his stream on Saturday. He was doing SMGs only with instadeath circles (100 dmg per tick in the blue). I played in one of his other custom games as a zombie. 100 zombie players vs 1 human player. Zombies do melee damage, no weapons or equipment. You have to horde up to threaten a player.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya Thunderball and I tried to get into one of them. Sadly I couldn't find one where you could do teams. Not that I tried very hard to look. I'll have to check out some of the other custom ones. SMG only sounds fun.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:09 pm Bah, #2. 1 grenade would have won it for me. Instead, he shot my knee that was just a few pixels out from behind the tree (it was a narrow tree).
I used to be a Winner like you, but then I took a bullet to the knee. :D
Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Changes tot he circle coming in the future. I believe they have some changes on the test server right now.

I believe the intent is to reduce the time between circle contractions, but increase the time the contraction takes. I believe the goal is to reduce the hiding doing nothing time, while giving more time to get in the circle "safely" so it's not a mad dash where you can't fight back while everyone tries to pick you off.

Anyway, they are testing things and haven't finalized the changes. I believe they are looking for input, but probably not your input, unless you're a twitcher with a following.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh great more time for browse looting. :lol: :tjg:

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I'd be okay with those kinds of changes. It sounds like there would be a more deliberate pace to the end instead of a series of intense, jerking encounters. Maybe I can stroll to the finish?
Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 pm It sounds like there would be a more deliberate pace.
This is exactly what they said they are trying to achieve.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 am Speaking of impressed or pissed off, after a couple meh games yesterday I was considering uninstalling. The game isn't doing it for me lately, but I've had the flu so maybe that is coloring things. The crate clock flipped and I had enough points for a couple crates... both Desperado crates. So... impressed or pissed off? I guess that depends how much prices rebound this week. :twisted:
Marking the price at 94 cents right now.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 am Speaking of impressed or pissed off, after a couple meh games yesterday I was considering uninstalling. The game isn't doing it for me lately, but I've had the flu so maybe that is coloring things. The crate clock flipped and I had enough points for a couple crates... both Desperado crates. So... impressed or pissed off? I guess that depends how much prices rebound this week. :twisted:
Marking the price at 94 cents right now.
Thanks. I was going to post them here too, but more of a guess because conversion. Here's what the market says in $CAN

desperado = CAN$1.20
biker = CAN$0.98
wanderer = CAN$0.46
survivor = CAN$0.49
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

PC Gamer has a small article and video on a insta-rez, insta-heal cheat.

article here
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Spent 4900 BP (I think that's the cost of 3 crates) and received 2 biker and 1 desperado crates, so now I've got something to sell.

I wish I had paid more attention last week, to see when the price started to dip. Logic says it wasn't until Sunday, but I can see it dipping earlier as Sunday approached. The reason being that people might be willing to wait 24 or even 48 hours to spend their own BP when the price drops, but not wait 3, 4 or 5 days (which is when we see the price rise). That is pure speculation. Like I said, I wish I had paid attention to the pricing last week.

I wonder if anywhere keeps a price history on steam inventory items? Let's find out, shall we?

edit: Hah. Steam keeps a graph. I'm a moron.

Ok, the graph is pretty telling. The dip yesterday was tiny compared to the dip the previous Sunday. Unlike last Monday where the price recovered almost right away, the price has NOT recovered today, and appears to be following a steady, albeit slow decline.

I'm going to wait until Wednesday or Thursday because it doesn't cost me anything and is a trivial amount of money anyway, but chances are the crates are not going to recovery, ever again. They'll decline to a steady state, just like the regular crates have done in the past. If I had real money in this I'd be cutting my losses right now and dumping it all on the market at current pricing.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Chicken dinner in my frrst match of the night. Last kill was sweet sweet sweet. He had the circle and a tree. I had no cover. I just kept advancing and firing until I landed a headshot.

*Edit* Rest of the night was a hot mess. Got a lot of good practice in though. At one point I was ranked 433 in FPP Solo. :horse:
Last edited by Octavious on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.