survivor = CAN$0.49
desperado = CAN$1.09
biker = CAN$1.21
wanderer = CAN$0.48
survivor = CAN$0.50
coopasonic

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by coopasonic »

I sold my desperado crates yesterday and then uninstalled the game. 150 hours is probably enough for a $30 game. That puts it at #6 all time in my steam library (#5 if I exclude PvZ which was mostly my kids playing).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

656 hours :lol:. Some of that may be me leaving the lobby open while i'm doing things, but not a lot of it. :lol: I really should be much better at it than I am at this point. :oops:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:34 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:29 pm
desperado = CAN$1.20
biker = CAN$0.98
wanderer = CAN$0.46
survivor = CAN$0.49
desperado = CAN$1.09
biker = CAN$1.21
wanderer = CAN$0.48
survivor = CAN$0.50
desperado = CAN$0.99
biker = CAN$1.23
wanderer = CAN$0.50
survivor = CAN$0.51
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

1.1gb patch.

Multiple pre-match islands/meeting areas to reduce player density/increase performance, and the removal of pre-match weapons in order to bore everyone to death while waiting for the game to start. No weapons on the new map was one of the things that I was disappointed with. Now both maps won't have weapons. Alt-tab time.

edit: Oh, and the servers appear to be offline, or at least overloaded.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

This is the kind of play you can expect after 200+ hours with the game.

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

What did I just watch? Are you saying you got tricked or there is some kind of lag or cheating?

I see the two different view point..I assume the one on the right is the death cam?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yes, the one on the right is the death cam.

Watch it again. Hopefully it will sink in. What am I doing when I die?
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:45 am Yes, the one on the right is the death cam.

Completely missing the dude in the corner while you loot the coveted red dot sight?

Edited to add: you must have shocked the guy, he took forever to light into you.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Frustrated with my own play. Not sure I will ever actually win a game at this rate.
Desert Map. Had good loot, managed to drive then run into what became the 3rd to final circle. Only 6? left when I died. Heck, I could have had crappy loot and still been well equipped since right after I arrived the plane dropped two(!) crates right on my head. I grabbed Level 3 armor from the one, didn't monkey around with changing out my weapons.
For one thing, I hated my position. I was somewhat exposed, although the terrain was uneven enough that I was able to isolate angles. I could have advanced on some buildings (that actually were in the last circle when I died) but knew they were occupied and didn't want to be the first to engage there. The real issue this round was how I died. I was engaging a guy at 150-200 meters. I hurt him, but my eventual killer flanked him and cut him down. From watching the death cam, this guy knew I was "over that way" because of the firefight, but I never saw me in his line of sight. I started shooting at him because he left himself exposed while running towards the guy he killed. The dude is perpendicular to me, running, switches over to his Kar, swings left, somehow I am dead center in his crosshair and die to a head shot. Either he was a f$*$&# cheater or a fantastic shot. Either way, the outlook seems bleakly frustrating.
morlac

Post by morlac »

He was probably laughing to hard. I've done the exact opposite. Had a guy come up on me like that and I took my pan out and was planning on making his head a pancake but I took too long laughing at how awesome this was about to be and he turned around and shot me point blank in the gut. I stopped laughing and started cussing. Much to the delight of my daughter in the other room who said "50 cents, 50 cents, 50 cents, jeez dad another 50 cents." This is why I can't play serious during the day if shes home. It cost me too much and crate values are dropping.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Freyland wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:20 am Frustrated with my own play. Not sure I will ever actually win a game at this rate.
Desert Map. Had good loot, managed to drive then run into what became the 3rd to final circle. Only 6? left when I died. Heck, I could have had crappy loot and still been well equipped since right after I arrived the plane dropped two(!) crates right on my head. I grabbed Level 3 armor from the one, didn't monkey around with changing out my weapons.
For one thing, I hated my position. I was somewhat exposed, although the terrain was uneven enough that I was able to isolate angles. I could have advanced on some buildings (that actually were in the last circle when I died) but knew they were occupied and didn't want to be the first to engage there. The real issue this round was how I died. I was engaging a guy at 150-200 meters. I hurt him, but my eventual killer flanked him and cut him down. From watching the death cam, this guy knew I was "over that way" because of the firefight, but I never saw me in his line of sight. I started shooting at him because he left himself exposed while running towards the guy he killed. The dude is perpendicular to me, running, switches over to his Kar, swings left, somehow I am dead center in his crosshair and die to a head shot. Either he was a f$*$&# cheater or a fantastic shot. Either way, the outlook seems bleakly frustrating.
I'm only starting to get the hang of the final circles due to my constant need to be moving, but you need to be more gathering information and staying out of sight as much as possible. I never fire at anyone unless I know that I can kill them and even then I usually only engage if I have too. 150-200m sounds like someone you didn't need to get into a fight with unless you had no cover and nowhere to escape to. Heck even if he fired at you and you could find cover that would be ideal. Why? Because as soon as he fires some asshat like me makes a beeline for the sound to take them out. :) Every round I won was because everyone was killing each other and I swept in to kill the remaining people.

And I doubt the guy with the kar was cheating. With a scope and decent skill you can get a shot off super quick. That round with the m24 where you guys were watching I took out two guys with no problem. One you could barely even see as he was in a bush or something.

Another good example was that last round we played where I crawled across the entire field where I had people I could have shot the entire time. As I'm not trying to get kills I never even shot at them. Heck they were helping me by distracting the people that could have been pew pewing me. :lol:

One last thing is that i would consider trying some other FPS games if you have them. PUBG is a terrible place to learn how to fight. You have 15-20 minutes of nothing and then total panic. Something like Battllefield 1 you are getting a ton of practice on actually shooting. Hell I do that and I'm STILL missing people that I shouldn't.

I would try and stay in cover more. From playing with you I see you out in the open way more than you need to be. That's why you get taken out first a lot of the time. Spot them.. Get good cover and only attack when you know you can take them out. Again something I'm terrible at myself most of the time. :lol:

I got a sweet sweet sweet uzi kill last night where I spotted someone and just waited until the perfect time to fire. They never got a shot off and probably thought I was a cheater. The UZI is totally underrated. It's a death machine at close to medium range if you know how to burst fire properly with it.

Oh and for shotguns I watched the one video where they state that the bullet spread doesn't change at all based on any of the aimings. So based off that you were right that you don't need to hold aim and certainly never aim down sights with it. They are so easy to totally wiff with, but man it's fun to hit someone with it when you do.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've dropped a guy with the Uzi with four rounds on single fire.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Was he naked? :lol:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And my new potato should be here on Monday. The wife will be thrilled. I haven't told her that I ordered it. She got her first headshot and has gotten a few kills, but we are hampered by the system lag when there's any type of quick movements that require redraw, so I'm hoping our hunting gets much smoother with a rig that's not six years old running on a video card from January 2011.
See How the GeForce GTX 560 Ti Performs in the Latest Games
Battlefield 3 Crysis 2 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

If I already have an AR for longer range stuff, I will choose an Uzi over an UMP every time now.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Yup this is what I do now. UMP is better at range as you can use scopes, but in theory that's what I have the AR for. Only trick with the uzi is to avoid holding down the button. The ammo vanishes in a second and generally you don't end up hitting much. As I may or may not of learned many many many times. :lol: Oh and Freyland I don't know if you know this or not, but the AS server is WAY easier than NA. I don't know if it's lag or people that suck go there, but it's a great place to learn in solo. My first few wins were all on that server.

And everyone playing squads should watch this. We need to follow this more. We kind of follow this, but could do a lot better job of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saZhBAH6lno

And next time we join up I want to show a sweet sweet sniper spot at the water treatment. If you have a scope and good aim it's a lock for a kill pretty much every game. Until everyone else figures it out. Basically the house on stilts on the backend has a pipe that juts out. You jump onto the pipe and crawl to the end. Nobody has ever spotted me there except after I start pew pewing. The only downside is if you miss you're very exposed. It's fun though. I had one guy that I just taking pot shots at for fun and it took him a full 2-3 minutes to find me. :lol:

morlac

Post by morlac »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:07 pm And my new potato should be here on Monday. The wife will be thrilled. I haven't told her that I ordered it. She got her first headshot and has gotten a few kills, but we are hampered by the system lag when there's any type of quick movements that require redraw, so I'm hoping our hunting gets much smoother with a rig that's not six years old running on a video card from January 2011.
See How the GeForce GTX 560 Ti Performs in the Latest Games
Battlefield 3 Crysis 2 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Mmm delicious potatoes. Are you a member of some potatoes of the month club? Man, that is a gift that keeps on giving the whole year.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

At $35+/month, I don't think I'll be joining a potato of the month club.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Freyland wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:37 pm If I already have an AR for longer range stuff, I will choose an Uzi over an UMP every time now.
Blasphemy. Propaganda. Lies.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Redfive wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:57 pm
Freyland wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:37 pm If I already have an AR for longer range stuff, I will choose an Uzi over an UMP every time now.
Blasphemy. Propaganda. Lies.
I've even explored using various .45 Cal SMG's instead of an UMP just to expand my gameplay. :twisted:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:38 am
GreenGoo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:45 am Yes, the one on the right is the death cam.

Completely missing the dude in the corner while you loot the coveted red dot sight?

Edited to add: you must have shocked the guy, he took forever to light into you.
It was the 9mm ammo, but yes. There are reasons that I thought I was completely safe but that's no excuse for having a dude in full view of my camera, moving towards him until I'm less than 3m away and still missing him. I have no idea why he waited so long to plug me. Just about gave me a heart attack, I can tell you.

Don't think I've ever done as badly as that, although it's possible.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The ONLY thing I like about the UZI over the UMP is the fire rate. For someone like me who has a hard time keeping the reticle on the enemy at close range, pouring out 25-35 rounds in a second or two has allowed me to live at times that I should have died.

That said, the UMP is only slightly slower and far more versatile. The situations where the UZI means I live or an UMP means I die are so few and far between, it's almost always a better gamble with the UMP than the UZI. Firing ADS with the UZI is an exercise in frustration, so I never do it, except by mistake.

I'm still in awe about how fast an UZI can empty its magazine though. That's insane.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 pm
desperado = CAN$1.20
biker = CAN$0.98
wanderer = CAN$0.46
survivor = CAN$0.49
desperado = CAN$1.09
biker = CAN$1.21
wanderer = CAN$0.48
survivor = CAN$0.50
desperado = CAN$0.99
biker = CAN$1.23
wanderer = CAN$0.50
survivor = CAN$0.51
desperado = CAN$0.99
biker = CAN$1.41
wanderer = CAN$0.43
survivor = CAN$0.51
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Five rounds tonight. Lost two gunfights that I started, and finished the night with a one-kill top-5.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Was 1-2 hits from winning the last match I played. Did a few solos after the group matches. Killed one guy by hitting him with the KAR98 and then switching to my AR. I love that combo. As soon as he was dead I could hear the other dude making a beeline for me at full speed which means he knew what he was doing. I actually didn't get hit in fight #1, but this guy had an AUG and I had an M4. I think if I had fired half a second earlier I may of won. Oh well.

Buatha

Post by Buatha »

I'm late to the party. So, I get the Loot Crate (Desperado Crate) and I need to buy a f#$king key for $2.50? What...the...f#$k!

Other than that, I was having some fun with my son playing the game. I had avoided the game until PAX South 2018 where they had like 100+ computers set up for various games...PUBG being one of them.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Buatha wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm I'm late to the party. So, I get the Loot Crate (Desperado Crate) and I need to buy a f#$king key for $2.50? What...the...f#$k!

Other than that, I was having some fun with my son playing the game. I had avoided the game until PAX South 2018 where they had like 100+ computers set up for various games...PUBG being one of them.
Only 40% of loot crates require the key. We sell those crates on the steam market.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
morlac

Post by morlac »

Jumping in for a good Friday night session if anyone is interested!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 pm
desperado = CAN$1.20
biker = CAN$0.98
wanderer = CAN$0.46
survivor = CAN$0.49
desperado = CAN$1.09
biker = CAN$1.21
wanderer = CAN$0.48
survivor = CAN$0.50
desperado = CAN$0.99
biker = CAN$1.23
wanderer = CAN$0.50
survivor = CAN$0.51
desperado = CAN$0.99
biker = CAN$1.41
wanderer = CAN$0.43
survivor = CAN$0.51
desperado = CAN$0.89
biker = CAN$1.40
wanderer = CAN$0.50
survivor = CAN$0.46
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ambushed a dude with a extended mag uzi at short range. Ran out of ammo. He turned and killed me with about 1/2 a mag from his UMP.

God, I am just terrible at times.

edit: I should note I was taking short, controlled bursts, at about 10m, through a fence, he was moving perpendicular to me. No where to hide while I switched to my akm.

I just had a guy holed up in a house, we were trying to outwait each other, then the fucking red zone happened, I heard him moving, barely, but couldn't place where, and got shot in the back. I mean, well played dude, but holy humiliating for me.

Geezus this has been a bad night.

edit: I don't get it. I predict everything, literally everything that is going to happen between me and another guy, and yet I'm somehow looking the other way the EXACT second he pops out and advances, over and over again. I'm switching weapons as he comes around the corner and opens up on me at point blank range during the second it takes to swap weapons.

I just don't get how everything can go wrong. Every. Little. Thing.

I've lost every single duel tonight. All of them. Most I never even hit the guy, despite it being an actual duel (as opposed to an assassination) and firing many rounds. 7 games, 1 top 20 (3 were rank 23 exactly), zero kills, 1 game where I actually hit someone. Not my night.

edit: I should say that my strategic game is improving, and I've made a number of great plays tonight. I just can't shoot the other guy before he shoots me. I've also been out tacticaled several times tonight, which is disappointing, because I think I'm pretty good in that area. Part of the problem is if you predict what a smart player would do, then it ends up being an average player, and if you predict what an average player would do, it ends up being a smart player. I know that sounds like crap, but that has been my experience.

edit: Watched the replay. It couldn't have been worse luck if it were planned. Holy shit, I had to watch it twice. I lean around the corner to check JUST as he takes cover (completely unaware of me) about 15m from me. While I'm looking, he's healing in cover. I pull back to check my six, he leaves cover and runs right up to my corner. I suspect he was as shocked as I was. Good. Lord. The timing was unbelievably in his favour.

I'm actually slightly mollified now that I've watched what happened from both sides. It was ALL luck. Me, bad. Him, good. That's it. Damn it. But at least I wasn't outplayed like I thought I had been.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Took a bit of a break to play some other things. Been playing this WAY too much. :lol:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Adding up my PUBG steam market sales of crates, I have made back $7.49 of my $18-19(?) CAN$36 (holy crap) initial cost for the game.

Obviously if I opened the crates and found something decent I could make a lot more, but I'm happy enough just slowly chipping away.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I've opened a billion crates and only got two things worth selling. The drop rate on things is insanely broken.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Decided that I would drop in and play some and BAM f'n patch. If there's one thing I really hate about this game is the damn patch timing. It's really terrible for the US. I get that they aren't a US company, but I would imagine they could somehow not do it during our peak hours. Should be up around 11PM. LAME

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, we are massively outnumbered by the Chinese...
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Frey and I are on the test server, fyi.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:28 pm Well, we are massively outnumbered by the Chinese...
True, but they already hate the patches because they fix the cheating. So why not schedule it during their peak hours. :horse:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I got a few rounds in and I don't know if it was the patch, but the game was running like total ass for me. I was stuttering all over the place and I got locked trying to load into the game twice. :tjg: If that happens again today I might take a break from the game. I have a million other things I can play that won't annoy the crap out of me.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

1.8 gig patch tonight after last night's 5 gig patch.

That's kind of broken for a professional development house. Get your shit together Blue Hole. Servers appear to be up.