PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Paingod

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Paingod »

:doh: I was trying to figure out how to pronounce "Soandso" as a username before I figured out what you actually meant.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

GreenGoo wrote:Oh, that's interesting. In the firefight I'm uploading, the game is reporting 3 different enemy names. I get 1 kill that is "You FINALLY kill soandso".

I wonder if that is actually someone I damaged much earlier in the match that finally died to the dome? I never see more than 2 targets and the guy who killed you in the end was also the guy that put me down.

The timing on the dome assisted kill would be incredibly...something, because it happens RIGHT in the middle of our firefight with 2 other people.
In duo or squad mode, when you kill someone they're first just knocked out. "GreenGoo knocked out AFKnewb with an M16." When knocked out they can still crawl around, and their teammate can revive them as long as the revive starts before the person bleeds out. If they bleed out, you get a second message of "GreenGoo finally killed AFKnewb."
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

TheMix wrote:I think you missed my joke. I was referring to the video capture and editing. :wink:
Zoom, right over my head. :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

That's a good point wonderpug, which means there is another explanation for the 3 different names showing up in the interface. Once the video is up it will make more sense.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote:
coopasonic wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:Just tried voice calling coop on steam. He's in game. Hopefully the distraction killed him. :D

He didn't answer, btw. Coop, I know you're home! Pickup!
Sorry, it turns out I am voice shy. Is that a thing? I'll use my kids sleeping as an excuse... yeah that's the ticket!

I'm getting more comfortable and getting a few more kills now. I even hit someone using a scope... he hit me back harder.
Don't even sweat it. I think I'm a pretty easy going guy and seem to get along with everyone. I do tend to talk too much when nervous or excited or stressed. You can witness some of that in the videos with Red.

If you're not comfortable with voice chat but still want to communicate, feel free to send a normal text chat request through steam, or even within discord if you want.

The game is so much fun with 2 people that I would love to get 4 oo'ers in a game. You are obviously a stronger player than most of us so I wouldn't stress about that. Unless of course you don't want to team up with scrubs. In that case, eff U! :D

The scope fight sounds like fun.
Yeah I am definitely up for possibly being brave enough to try getting a squad going this weekend. I guess I need to figure out if my mic works one way or another. My social anxiety extending to online interactions may seem odd considering how much I post online, but for some reason real-time is different.

The real reason I posted was to let you know that your call on steam scared the ever loving sh!t out of me last night. I had no idea what that sound was and I panicked looking everywhere in the game until I saw the notification in the corner. Luckily there wasn't anyone around, I was just moving between locations on foot. I might have answered if I had any idea how. More stuff to learn.

I am supposed to be playing Fortnite and Divinity OS2 this weekend, but I get the feeling there will be some PUBG happening.

I got Black Combat Pants and Brown Combat Boots from loot boxes. So exciting! It's a shame they really don't go together.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote:I just got 2nd place... and never fired a shot. I even had the drop on the other guy but didn't take the shot at range... then he killed me with one shot to the head at very close range.
Proof of my 2nd place finish:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1140546621
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

You'll be eating a chicken dinner before you know it. :)
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote:
Yeah I am definitely up for possibly being brave enough to try getting a squad going this weekend. I guess I need to figure out if my mic works one way or another. My social anxiety extending to online interactions may seem odd considering how much I post online, but for some reason real-time is different.

The real reason I posted was to let you know that your call on steam scared the ever loving sh!t out of me last night. I had no idea what that sound was and I panicked looking everywhere in the game until I saw the notification in the corner. Luckily there wasn't anyone around, I was just moving between locations on foot. I might have answered if I had any idea how. More stuff to learn.

I am supposed to be playing Fortnite and Divinity OS2 this weekend, but I get the feeling there will be some PUBG happening.

I got Black Combat Pants and Brown Combat Boots from loot boxes. So exciting! It's a shame they really don't go together.
It doesn't sound weird. I think that OO has a disproportionate number of people with social discomfort that we all deal with in our own way. I personally have a bit of a juxtaposition of being capable of being relatively social (this often feels like am act I put on in those situations) while at the same time being introverted and avoid social contact. I was somewhat surprised to find how at ease I sounded when I listened to myself with others in the videos. I think part of that is just...I don't care. I mean, I want others to like me and I want to be competitive in-game, but I'm so far from being good (I realize saying this over and over becomes it's own form of tedium) that if I'm not having a good time then what's the point? More importantly maybe, I want others to relax and have a good time as well. So when I laughed when Red dropped a grenade at our feet I wasn't laughing at him, I thought it was genuinely funny. That I immediately dropped a second one that finished us both off was just a pile of fun to me.

God, I'm all over the place. My thinking is far from straight lately. I'm having some sleep issues and it's messing with me.

Anyway, instead of all that above, just try this. Join us in discord and just LISTEN to us. You don't need to say anything, just be part of the conversation as a listener. I think you'll find it easy to join in after awhile. And if you need to communicate something to us, just use the text chat feature.

You're a successful executive, leader of men! Remember that. :D On the weekend (or at night) we're all just a bunch of gamers with similar interests. 99% of us are geeks in one way or another.

If it helps I've played team games with people using voice chat, while I didn't have a mic. It's totally doable and there are gaming instincts that jump out and people fall into gaming roles and away they go. Gaming is no different really than any other team sports. Eventually instinct, teamwork and knowing you what a team mate will do without them vocalizing it becomes the norm.

Most importantly though, is dying in hilarious ways. Even if the hilarity is just incompetence, although that doesn't sound like your sort of problem. I will say that if you're looking for a competitive team that will keep you in the higher ranks, I'm not the guy for that. I ABSOLUTELY try my best, and with practice, I am often above average. But I have never been a top ranking fps player and never will be. Above average in this game means there are still like 30+ people better than me in any given match.

Listen, I'm kind of incoherent here so I apologize for being all over the place. Just not thinking straight.

Join the discord channel, listen to us make asses of ourselves (well so far, everyone is kind of serious except me it seems :D. RedFive is like the most formal speaker I've ever encountered in a game. :P) and hopefully eventually you will feel comfortable enough to join in.

I didn't mean to startle you last night. I can't even remember why I called you. Just to say hi I think.

Oh, and years of playing MMO's with other OO'ers here means I've spent hundreds of hours speaking to strangers on the internet. I completely forgot about that. That does wonders for getting over any social anxiety that might have existed at first. When you spend nearly as much time with your online friends as you do with your real life ones (or real life family sometimes. :twisted: / :evil: ), you forget you're shy.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Congrats on your second place! And don't forget that it's possible to kill yourself in this game, so you can still make it to rank #1 as a pacifist!

oh, and a reminder. Even after you turn on highlights in game, you have to turn on instant replay through the shadowplay interface for the highlights thing to do anything. So just alt-z in game, instant replay, on. That's it.

Red, my game is back (never left?) to defaulting to the asian server. Not sure what the deal is.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

OK so I just need someone to make that choice when we are down to the final two. That seems... unlikely. Maybe when our squad rules the roost. Hmmm, if your team makes it to the end and there is nobody else left, do they force you to turn on each other?

Also thanks for the therapy session. ;) Seriously, appreciate your effort.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The Kar98k is like firing a cannon.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote:Red, my game is back (never left?) to defaulting to the asian server. Not sure what the deal is.
Yeah, I have to change to the NA server after every match. It always defaults to AS for me.

Looking at the steam forums, we are not alone in this.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

We discussed it briefly last night. In duo mode, it defaults to NA server.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote:Yeah, uploads were really slow when I went to bed, it's possible it's not done yet or stalled out.

I'll check later and fix anything that needs fixing.
So I upload it and Youtube tells me it's a duplicate. I look around and it looks like I uploaded but didn't hit the "publish when finished".

I think it's working. Should be at this link 2v2 firefight
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote:If it helps I've played team games with people using voice chat, while I didn't have a mic. It's totally doable and there are gaming instincts that jump out and people fall into gaming roles and away they go. Gaming is no different really than any other team sports. Eventually instinct, teamwork and knowing you what a team mate will do without them vocalizing it becomes the norm.
I've been down this road before, and tend to type out that while I don''t have a Mic, I'm happy to take orders and then remain silent for the remainder of the round. It's often easy to follow someone else's lead quietly, but probably nearly impossible to effectively lead without talking. My only reason for being silent, though, is that my wife is a -very- light sleeper and I only have times for games when she's out.

The more I read this thread, the more I wonder if I should try and get into the game. I used to love Counterstrike with random people back in the day, and could enjoy this one too just as much, even if it does look a little low-rent. I like that it's not about building up a base that someone can destroy, or camping in one spot and killing anyone who comes through a door. I've generally been adaptable to FPS games when it came to survival and fall somewhere in the middle of the pack for skills; not the best, not the worst. I get a kill or two and then die.
Black Lives Matter

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Coop, don't take this as being insensitive because that is not the intent: we're just dudes, man.

I'd love for you to join us (we'll need a 4th because they don't have teams of three [I'm looking at you Paingod / Octavious / Wonderpug!]) because we're just in it to have fun and winning / top 10 finishes are not necessary for me to have fun, although it helps :wink:

Honestly, it was more fun cracking up about killing us with our own grenades and GreenGoo pretending he was in a Mad Max movie than pushing to win.

--------------

Reviewing that 2v2 fight, I guess I didn't kill that first guy..he must have gone prone in desperation and I took it as him being down. I should've known because there was no message about him going down. Now, after I finished off the guy in the shed I DID walk back around the building and put a few caps into him (or so I thought) because I thought he was down and wanted to make sure of it.

In retrospect, he wasn't down at all because if he were then we would have gotten the notification of 2 kills because there would then be no way for him to be revived.

Oh well...still not sure how he didn't die when I went back out and shot him..and then he didn't even try to fight back either until I was healing you.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Paingod wrote:The more I read this thread, the more I wonder if I should try and get into the game.
This video helped me understand what was going on and helped me make my decision:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWUh4z57v9o

It really is a lot of fun and can be pretty intense... and when you die you can be back in the fight in 90 seconds, which isn't as long as it sounds because many of those seconds are in the lobby where you can shoot or punch or stab people for fun. Most of the rest of those seconds are in the plane deciding where you are going to start the party and then you jump.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So...2 back to back matches, 20 minutes each, completely decked out, mistime the circle, running while burning, get sniped and never see the shooter.

2x20 minutes of playing sim-looter only to end the game with zero hp or kill xp. Less than satisfying experience.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote:
Reviewing that 2v2 fight, I guess I didn't kill that first guy..he must have gone prone in desperation and I took it as him being down. I should've known because there was no message about him going down. Now, after I finished off the guy in the shed I DID walk back around the building and put a few caps into him (or so I thought) because I thought he was down and wanted to make sure of it.

In retrospect, he wasn't down at all because if he were then we would have gotten the notification of 2 kills because there would then be no way for him to be revived.

Oh well...still not sure how he didn't die when I went back out and shot him..and then he didn't even try to fight back either until I was healing you.
I know, it was weird, right? From my position I can't see what you fire at, but I can hear you fire off a few rounds then head over to pick me up. If you watch the notifications in the lower left hand corner as well as big one in the middle of the screen, there are 3 names.

Sirsomething, marshmallowsomething, and haimeowhatever.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

The other cool thing, to me at least..go back and watch that fight again and listen to me say 'They're coming down the hill, they're coming down for us...it's going to be a fight '

And you say something like 'Yep, ok'

And then right as they pull up you involuntarily say 'oh man' or something.

Perfect example of the tension (which I find fun) in this game!
Last edited by Redfive on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

GreenGoo wrote:So...2 back to back matches, 20 minutes each, completely decked out, mistime the circle, running while burning, get sniped and never see the shooter.

2x20 minutes of playing sim-looter only to end the game with zero hp or kill xp. Less than satisfying experience.
The better the early gear you find, the better the chances you'll die that match without ever firing a round.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote:The other cool thing, to me at least..go back and watch that fight again and listen to me say 'They're coming down the hill, they're coming down for us...it's going to be a fight '

And you say something like 'Yep, ok'

And then right as they pull up you involuntarily say 'oh man' or something.

Perfect example of the tension (which I find fun) in this game!
Hehe, of course I noticed that as well, but you know what my thought process was? I only had a shotgun. They were too far away. I was prone, behind a tree, and there was no cover between me and them, so no way to close the distance. My "oh shit" is me realizing that I had the wrong tool for the job and no way to fix it.

I feel completely vindicated because I have both of them in my sights, pull the trigger and nothing happens. Oh shit was right.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

wonderpug wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:So...2 back to back matches, 20 minutes each, completely decked out, mistime the circle, running while burning, get sniped and never see the shooter.

The better the early gear you find, the better the chances you'll die that match without ever firing a round.
That's wonderpug's corollary. I've heard of that.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Really helpful video! The "newbie" in the video kept making my eye twitch. Running right along a hill line instead of to the side, or standing in the open looting instead of trying to sneak. I'm moderately concerned about the concept of "There's always good stuff right here" but that concern would fade with time as I learned where everything was. I don't have a second monitor, so wouldn't have that map advantage.
Black Lives Matter

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

My biggest issue so far is that it's so quite for so long and then BAM ACTION!!!!!!! It makes me jump every freaking time and that's why I die half the time. I'm hoping playing more will help. I don't have this issue in Battlefield 1. Shrug..
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, it can be quiet.. too quiet... for so long and then something moves and you are looking down on your corpse. The new headphones are helping me hear what is happening and the more of those lightning quick encounters I suffer through, the less my adrenaline pumps causing me to behave erratically.

But, like i said before, you go from dead to jumping out of the next plane fast enough that it doesn't bother me much.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Headphones is a must. The favorite part of the game for me is how well the sound is done. Like if someone is upstairs in a house you can hear that the footsteps are muzzled. It's the most tense game I've played in a while.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I gotta say Paingod, I know a fair bit about tactics, and while it takes awhile to adjust to a new game to implement those tactics, and tactics absolutely increase the odds of success, I am dying constantly.

Partly because it's a game, and not life or death, I'm willing to do things that I wouldn't in real life. The other side of it is that real world tactics can make for pretty boring gameplay. But the point I started to make is that I am decently aware of standard tactics, and all I do in this game is die.

I just dumped a jeep near a building, opened all the doors in the building, then left the building for another one across the street while I kept the jeep and building in los. Nothing interesting happened, and the jeep was parked right on the circle, and the circle was about to move, so, of course, I returned to the jeep. And just as of course, someone was doing the same thing I was except they had more patience (or luck?!) and took a few shots at me. I lived through the first one, couldn't see them and was taking heavy fire, so I jumped in the jeep. I'm driving left, I'm driving right, jeep is getting up to speed, bullets are pinging off the car frame, but I'm beginning to think I just might make it out alive (I have a ton of supplies and can probably heal up quick once I'm out of range) when "Ping", I go all ragdoll and fall out of the vehicle. Amusingly the jeep coasts up a small hill and then rolls back down, over my body. Killed by an SKS. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is an auto-shotgun.

So now I have to wonder, was I killed by the original sniper, who somehow shot and killed me at range with a shotgun, or was I killed by a secondary shooter who I was inadvertently driving towards in my hurry to escape the first guy?

In any case, never saw my killer. Or killers.

Another game I played I had a 4x scope on a 416. Dude is at range, kick on the gun is heavy, not even sure I hit him He goes prone and I have no idea if he's crawled down a gully or if he's just in the grass. Meanwhile someone snipes me from behind and I never see my killer. So even when it's my turn to be the unseen murderer, I die anyway.

Slightly frustrated. Taking a break. :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Paingod wrote:I don't have a second monitor, so wouldn't have that map advantage.
I don't get this comment. Was that something mentioned in the video? I skipped around a bit when things were dull.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote:My biggest issue so far is that it's so quite for so long and then BAM ACTION!!!!!!! It makes me jump every freaking time and that's why I die half the time. I'm hoping playing more will help. I don't have this issue in Battlefield 1. Shrug..
Hah! Was playing with headphones and lulled into a routine of clear room, loot, clear building, loot, while my wife was watching something on the other computer, we're both sitting in the dark. Well I round a corner and BAM, shotgun battle. I twitch so hard my camera goes nuts until I get it back under control. I jump, wife jumps, cat jumps.

As an aside, shotguns at point blank range are LOUD.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote:
Paingod wrote:I don't have a second monitor, so wouldn't have that map advantage.
I don't get this comment. Was that something mentioned in the video? I skipped around a bit when things were dull.
It's common for some people to have a map up on the second monitor with the typical spawn points of "good" gear and vehicles. I haven't bothered with it and don't have any intention of doing so.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I do that when I remember. It helps as I have a horrible memory. :lol: I'd 100% down for trying some games tonight. I already warned my wife. :lol:

wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Octavious wrote:My biggest issue so far is that it's so quite for so long and then BAM ACTION!!!!!!! It makes me jump every freaking time and that's why I die half the time. I'm hoping playing more will help. I don't have this issue in Battlefield 1. Shrug..
The quiet quiet BAM ACTION aspect is one of my favorite parts of the game. :) This game can get my adrenaline pumping more than any other shooter in recent memory.

As for being prepared for BAM ACTION, I think it's good to drop in a super popular drop point every now and then, just to get some combat practice.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Speak of the devil, a youtuber who posts lots of good tips & tricks videos for PUBG just posted How to properly calm your nerves in PUBG
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Will watch it later. Does it have drinking beer as one of the tips? That's what I'm going to try tonight. :lol:

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote:I gotta say Paingod, I know a fair bit about tactics, and while it takes awhile to adjust to a new game to implement those tactics, and tactics absolutely increase the odds of success, I am dying constantly.
Don't get me wrong - I'll make those same mistakes! As a hindsight observer with no involvement, it's real damn easy to point out every flaw in gameplay. :wink: As a front-line meatsack, I struggle to survive most of the time. Sometimes (very rarely) I'm a god with a gun, but more often than not I'm just mediocre. In those 'god' rounds, the adrenaline is so strong that my hands are literally shaking at the end of the round.
GreenGoo wrote:In any case, never saw my killer. Or killers.
This guy (YouTube Video), goes on a 27 kill streak game. The skill and situational awareness is very impressive. He's lightning fast with the inventory and never stops moving for a second, even when he's checking items. He also kills a number of people at long range from cover, and I'm sure every one was like "WTF?! Where is that coming from?!"
Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

wonderpug wrote:Speak of the devil, a youtuber who posts lots of good tips & tricks videos for PUBG just posted How to properly calm your nerves in PUBG
I'm already working on this aspect, and if I do say so myself, I'm making progress.

Since it's not real life, I can fool my nerves into staying calm and myself into understanding that quick, clear, calm thinking is the most likely "way out of this mess".

I recently used a medkit while under sniper fire in the middle of a field, because I felt it was the best use of my time (since I could still scan for the aggressor while it worked). Panicking and not healing while still not finding my attacker is what I would have done before.

You'll be happy to know that when I turned on my side to "wrap bandages" I was immediately shot and killed.

Still, was more level headed thinking than I've had in previously similar situations. :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:I gotta say Paingod, I know a fair bit about tactics, and while it takes awhile to adjust to a new game to implement those tactics, and tactics absolutely increase the odds of success, I am dying constantly.
Don't get me wrong - I'll make those same mistakes! As a hindsight observer with no involvement, it's real damn easy to point out every flaw in gameplay. :wink: As a front-line meatsack, I struggle to survive most of the time. Sometimes (very rarely) I'm a god with a gun, but more often than not I'm just mediocre. In those 'god' rounds, the adrenaline is so strong that my hands are literally shaking at the end of the round.
GreenGoo wrote:In any case, never saw my killer. Or killers.
This guy (YouTube Video), goes on a 27 kill streak game. The skill and situational awareness is very impressive. He's lightning fast with the inventory and never stops moving for a second, even when he's checking items. He also kills a number of people at long range from cover, and I'm sure every one was like "WTF?! Where is that coming from?!"
Yep, all videos I've watched have had lightning quick inventory management on the fly, and the game interface is designed for this. My own inventory management is getting better, but I still need to look closely at an item to know if I can use it for something, so there's this long (relatively) long pause while I highlight/read/drag mod onto a weapon. I'm not above putting a mod on a weapon because when I select it the slot lights up on the weapon, meanwhile i have no idea what the mod does, although even that is coming along with experience. Did I just put a quick load mag or an extended mag on my pistol? Does it matter (knowing which)? I'll figure it out later.

As an example, do I put a vertical bar or a slanted bar on my tommy gun? And if I already know the answer to that question, which one is which in my inventory? How long will it take me to figure out then act on it? The more you know and the faster you can utilize that knowledge, the less often you will get shot in the face while staring at tooltips. This is part of using my age and brain to defeat younger and faster reflexes. I'm certainly not there yet.

And to be clear, I fully understand I can't use my brain to defeat a younger, faster, SMARTER player, only younger, faster, dumber ones. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I accept it and play anyway because I'm better than enough people that I can still be competitive at times, and at the times I can't, well, hopefully I can at least act as a speed bump. If I have to die, hopefully I can occupy my killer long enough that someone else kills him. :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Things I do (that I could almost certainly do better):

1) rapidly loot everything without looking at it. Look at it later. What later means depends on circumstances and currently equipped gear. Later could be immediately after picking it up.
2) Look at what I'm picking up only when inventory space starts to become an issue.
3) Throw away duplicates if there is little chance of upgrading my current gear. If I have an akm, I'm probably not going to bother switching to an m416, so I can throw away any duplicate AR stock mods.
4) "switch to" backpacks, and armour to see if it's better because I can't remember if my backpack/armour is lvl 1 or lvl 2. Sometimes I'll actually look in my inventory, other times I just switch and then look at what I dropped on the ground.
5) ignore all melee weapons after the first, unless it's a frying pan. Frying pan takes precedence over everything.
6) Ignore pistols once I have one. While there is a definite hierarchy to pistol damage, once I have any other weapon I'm never pulling my pistol ever again. Actually, I will upgrade my pistol if the only weapon I have is a pistol
7) run out of things. Thought this would be more interesting.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I know you're just using your questions as examples, but here are answers nonetheless:
Did I just put a quick load mag or an extended mag on my pistol? Does it matter (knowing which)? I'll figure it out later.
Pretty much only extended mags matter for pistols. You'll barely have a reason to use one past the first two minutes of a game, let alone reload one, so go for more rounds.
As an example, do I put a vertical bar or a slanted bar on my tommy gun?
Tommy gun can only take vertical. For weapons that have a choice, vertical grip is better at reducing vertical recoil and also lets you aim down sights a bit faster. Angled grip is better at reducing horizontal recoil, and does not help your aim-down-sights speed. Personal preference is involved, but generally I'd recommend vertical if you're planning to use the gun full auto in close quarters, and angled if you're going to be using the gun at a longer range.