PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Smoove_B »

I really don't even know why I keep this installed. Between not actually playing it, these patch sizes are re-goddamn-diculous.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Come play with us!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:41 pm Come play with us!
+1!!
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Enlarge Image

Finally!!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Awesome Frey! You're a better shooter than I am, so I knew it was only a matter of time. Well done!
morlac

Post by morlac »

Freyland wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:11 am Enlarge Image

Finally!!
Great, now it's just me as Chicken Dinner less? I mean damn even Frey got one ;) I did get another 2nd place with 3 kills this week. Funny, I didn't even realize it was down to last 2 until I was dead. Which was perfect as I wasn't all jacked up and nervous. I took him down to 23 health too, so close! This weekend I WILL dine on the Chicken!
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Freyland wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:11 am Enlarge Image

Finally!!
About time

😃
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Thanks Guys. Glad to see you made your trip safely, Red. And Morlac, you need to play with us some more!
Goo, going with one of our discussions last night, check the time of my posting that win.

Couple funny or odd stories with this game as well. For one, I had no right to ever make it to the end game because by the second circle I was always terribly behind the blue. For example, I was swimming across the channel to the military base when there were only 21 people left, and you know how hard that starts to hurt you! But I owe it all to a player I'm going to name "Mana". Here I was, still behind the blue, just having dashed past the city south of the Ruins (Pochinke?), when I hear a motorcycle approaching. It's close. REAL close. I'm below a ridge and I don't dare pop up for fear of being run over. So I wait, staring down the red dot of my UMP. Suddenly "Mana" flies over the ridge in front of me, to my left. I get off a shot in vain, but he's launched much too fast. So fast, in fact, that he flipped over a few times in the air and totally wrecked himself. He had 7 healing kits and 4-5 pain killers and E drinks! Only because of Mana from heaven was I able to withstand all my time in the blue.

4 different times I spotted a player, thought his route was predictable, and then completely lost him a moment later. Just, disappeared. However, the one time that didn't happen was most satisfying. Just recently on the Island, having healed, and "misplaced" twice other players, I was getting a bit frustrated with myself. Then a guy drives a UAZ just along the blue wall towards me (and thus away from the white circle). He must have been hoping to camp behind or near his vehicle for trailers, although how he thought people (without Mana) would survive the Blue at this point I don't know. In any case, I couldn't see him, prone or kneeling, but I could see his UAZ. Not wanting to waste time losing yet another player, I lobbed a grenade *perfectly* at his vehicle. "You have killed So-and-So with a grenade" 8-)

Common belief is you don't drive a vehicle into the end game because everyone will know where you are. Once again, about to end my round dying to the blue, with only 11 left, I jumped into someone's buggy and flew into the 3rd-to-last white circle before scurrying into a building to heal without being shot. Also apparently without being seen/remembered, since I was able to later advance unharmed when the circle shrunk.

Hope to see you all tonight!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wooo good job Frey!

I got me a new computer yesterday (it's a budget computer but still new) and I'm getting like 100 FPS now in the game. Makes a huge difference. I had issues dropping in high pop areas as I would stutter an asston. Not anymore. :horse: Got 2 second places and a ton of top 10s. And the deathcam doesn't lock my computer now. Wooo... Might be on a bit tonight, but probably not super late. I was getting a bit out of hand the last month or so staying up to 2-3 am on workdays. It caught up to me. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:10 pm Wooo good job Frey!

I got me a new computer yesterday (it's a budget computer but still new) and I'm getting like 100 FPS now in the game. Makes a huge difference. I had issues dropping in high pop areas as I would stutter an asston. Not anymore. :horse: Got 2 second places and a ton of top 10s. And the deathcam doesn't lock my computer now. Wooo... Might be on a bit tonight, but probably not super late. I was getting a bit out of hand the last month or so staying up to 2-3 am on workdays. It caught up to me. :lol:
That's awesome Oct. Nothing like being frustrated by poor performance in a game you love to play, only to finally get that performance fixed (however that happens. New computer is an awesome way!) where you can start enjoying the game without being distracted and hindered by stuttering, low frame rate, or random crashes.

Even if it doesn't increase your success (I'm sure it will) it should increase your enjoyment, which is a actually more important, imo.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Going to keep this one short.

Frey and I were in the final 10 (people, only 7 teams) in a 2 man team game. I saw a team of 2 (i.e. a full team) leave cover to run to the second last circle They were running tightly together. Having thrown grenades a long way while waiting for matches to start, back when we had weapons to play with, I thought I could reach them. The grenade also had the benefit of not giving away our position like shooting at them would have done.

So I wind up, start running and heave. I don't see it land, and Frey and I need to make the circle too, so we're both running hard. I'm not watching my health and I'm trying to keep an eye on the enemy team. I didn't cook the grenade, and Frey is moving disturbingly fast and time is ticking away. Tick tock. Tick tock. I get a sick feeling in my stomach, but keep quiet because "hey, maybe I threw it farther than I feared". At this point the enemy team has changed directions and aren't anywhere near where the grenade could have landed.

Well, Frey all but steps on the grenade, which blows him back and leaves him with about 2 hp. He's outside the circle in the end game, and he dies within 1 meter of the circle. I'm not watching my health because "enemies" and while I am making my way to the circle, I'm in no rush. I die 1m from the circle, right beside Frey.

We had a real shot at a dinner, except Goo is trying to use grenades more, and more effectively. I need to try harder, I think.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

In that same game, Frey and I stumbled across an abandoned red crate. We weren't even going to check it except we decided what the hell. So Frey comes away with an M24, 8x scope and lvl 3 armor (I think).

Well he gets a chance to use it but is dissatisfied with the results. Sniping is a real world skill and it's not something that you can just pick up a gun and suddenly be awesome, so I tell him he needs more practice. Which sounds more obvious and critical than I meant it to.

Thinking on this, I realize that while I've spent some time learning how to shoot, it has probably been 2 months since I watched an tutorial video and I realize that I've either forgotten all of it or just simply stopped trying to use the techniques in the videos. I'm an old school guy, and my first instinct is trial and error and practice. I often take a shot, see where it lands, and adjust. In a game like PUBG, there are ALL SORTS of problems with that sort of approach. Those aside, I realize I have not been progressing my shooting skills. They have stagnated and I should be working on them.

In the interest of maybe giving Frey some ideas to think about, as well as focusing on my own skills, here are some Wacky Jacky videos that go over the various factors that impact hitting someone. This list will primarily be about the new 4x scope because that's the most common scope that isn't a glorified holographic sight. In no particular order, these are the ones I think are important:

How to RANGE FIND with the NEW 4X SCOPE (THE SNIPER 4X):
Spoiler:
How to MASTER the NEW 5.56 4X Scope (Aim points + Range Finder):
Spoiler:
How to use the NEW 4X SCOPE with the KAR98K & SKS:
Spoiler:
After figuring out how far away your target is, and what part of the scope you should be using to guide your aim, here is some advice on hitting moving targets:
Spoiler:
Some take aways:
1) The M16 is the easiest AR to hit moving targets with, as it has the highest muzzle velocity
2) The AKM has the lowest muzzle velocity.
3) Luckily, the muzzle velocities are not different enough to significantly alter the techniques used to hit moving targets. i.e. the variance is small. Smaller than my margin of error with an AR in my hands.

And since Frey was particularly frustrated with the new 8x scope, here's range finding and aim point videos for the new 8x scope:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I've spoilered the links to keep the thread readable.

These are a lot to take in and remember when under fire, but it's worth remembering, practicing and improving. These are enough to make you a good shooter, but there are more advanced techniques once you master these (I have not. In fact I have only learned parts of some of these videos, which probably explains my terrible long range performance).

I will say that Wacky Jacky's VSS video taught me techniques that when I applied them, I was able to hit a target at about 500-600m. For the slow, highly parabolic flight path of the VSS shots, I found this to be a major achievement. In fact I don't think I've ever hit anyone with ANY other weapon at 500-600m. I can definitely say that my shot was not luck, as I had just watched the VSS video so it was fresh in my mind, and I applied the techniques that were included in the video, and the results were exactly as predicted by the video.

I have yet to learn most of the techniques in the videos listed above, so I think I will make it a goal to slowly start applying them in my games as the opportunity arises, starting with the 4x on ARs. Note that as of v1.0, there are 3 different 4x scopes, depending on what kind of weapon you put it on. SRs, 5.56mm ARs, and 7.62mm ARs. So you need to learn how all 3 different 4x scopes work. The 5.56mm 4x scope has a logical progression as far as range finding and aim points go, so I'm starting with this one as it should be the easiest to learn.

Extra items that might be of interest below:

Uncovering the SECRETS of the 2X SCOPE (believe it or not, this scope gives you more information than just a zoomed view)
Spoiler:
Analysis of the sounds made by suppressed rifles (AR and SR).
Spoiler:
Some take aways:

1) The Scar-L is the quietest rifle in the game (excluding the VSS).
2) Suppressed AR's cannot be heard at >= 300m
3) The VSS is silent >= 100m
4) A suppressed Kar98 can be heard >= 500m. It's freakin' loud.
5) The SKS is the quietest SR (excluding the VSS). The Mini-14 is surprisingly loud.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

My wife asked me why I was walking funny this morning. I told her I was still pulling shrapnel out of my butt from Green Goo blowing me up with a grenade.

"Good job, Goo."

:lol:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Heh.

I just played a game with the sole goal of utilizing the "hitting a moving target" technique and the "4x on a 5.56mm AR" technique.

Unfortunately the game didn't cooperate and all I found were 2x scopes. I accidentally made it to the top 10 without ever seeing anyone, and then #3 when I killed #4 with my suppressed vector (that is a seriously quiet smg). :whistle:

Hilariously, while I stalked #4 (who was in a gilly suit) I was being stalked by the #2. I managed to evade #2 eventually, even though I didn't know he was there. He just lost me in the grass and I was able move around 1 side of a building while he worked on the other side.

My gillie suit dude kill was short range and stationary, and I never had a 4x scope, nor saw anyone at decent range. First test run was a bust.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Kar98, target 100m away running perpendicular to LoS. Aim 1 player model ahead of target. 1 shot. Bam, body shot for 8 hp. I'll work on head shots later. ;)

That's a good start.

I scared that guy so badly that he hid and stayed hidden for over 5 minutes, long past when I had moved on.

I then got 1 shotted by a single barrel of the over/under shotgun while I was wearing lvl 2 armour, had 18 hp, and it was not a head shot. Sigh. Watching the replay it was pure luck on his part too. It was extremely close range however. Still, it seems strange to get 1 shotted by a shotgun that wasn't a head shot.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

PSA: Do not pick a 400+m fight with a mini14 and 4x scope versus another mini14 with an 8x scope and someone who understands how to zero it correctly.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

markings on the scope are accurate now so I never zero. I have to check the distance but I pulled off a ridiculous ahot with a 4x and an akm. Had to be 500m.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Just checked 488m. Getting good at guess range. :) Got a 6 kill win today. Feel like I got my mojo back after having a rough couple of days.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:16 pm markings on the scope are accurate now so I never zero. I have to check the distance but I pulled off a ridiculous ahot with a 4x and an akm. Had to be 500m.
I use the markings too, but for a prolonged fight, zeroing is nice and clean.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Got a 5th place and died to my first confirmed cheater.

When the kill list shows five records, and four of them, all with headshots, you’re cheating. So I had him pegged early. When he finally gets to me, he’s headed directly towards me up a hill, starts lobbing grenades before he’s even cleared the crest, then immediately shoots me through a tree and the bush that I’m hiding in.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Died to the circle while my health bar said I still had 18hp left. Some sort of glitch with the ui/display. As I was running I realized my health bar was not decreasing, which made me second guess my position, so checked the map, which showed I was outside of the playing area just as I thought. I kept running and eventually just fell over with a nearly full health bar.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I took a look at my solo replays (just the stats, I didn't watch them all). I haven't gotten a kill in over 15 matches. I've had a few duels and caused some damage, but I haven't won a duel even once. I also don't think I've ever got the jump on someone. I've made it to the final 10 in about 1/2 of them, and died to the circle in about 1/2 of those. I should probably manage my circles better.

That is an incredible streak of crap. I might need a diaper.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I was watching my wife the other night. She was running, and outside the blue when she started taking fire. She thought to stand and fight, but I told her to run. Even if she died to the circle, she’d be denying the points to her attacker.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So someone musta heard me complaining, because I played a game tonight, and when I ran into someone well equipped with a mini14 and an UMP, I saw her first. I flanked her and got the first shot off at close range. She immediately put her UMP away (i.e. bare fists) and lied down on the ground. To make things dramatic, I had my UMP on single fire mode (I really should have died here) so I plinked her a few times as she got up and tried to punch me. I put 1 last bullet into her and that was that.

Talk about a strange gimme.

Later in the round I sniped a dude with my suppressed UMP (2x scope) in a corn field from 200m. I did a little damage, but nothing great. When I thought he had seen me, I pulled out the AKM (a different 2x scope) and hit him twice more. I ducked behind cover and when I looked back he was gone (although I thought he was still in cover) and the circle was upon me. 2 energy drinks and a med (not first aid) kit weren't enough to get me to the circle.

Came in 13th, and while I didn't see him go down in the replay, I'm pretty sure my target died to the circle too. Probably within 5m of it.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

While I'll still play I'm itching to move onto other games at this point. I have to be around 1,000 hours so I have gotten my monies worth. ;) I still find it fun, but I need some variety. Playing Monster Hunter which is awesome and I think I may take a real shot at Fallout 4 now that I have a better computer.

In this game I've already ranked up a decent amount of wins to make myself happy and I don't see myself improving much anymore. I've reached my peak I think. :lol:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I played one of the monster hunters on the Wii U and 3ds and while I could see the appeal, it never really hooked me. Assuming it's available for the Switch, we'll probably pick it up for the kids this summer. I may give it another shot then.

A note: If you take enough damage per tick from the circle, it sounds like you're being shot (impact sound and you grunt) but can't hear the gunshot. You are not.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Earlier tonight things were getting sticky with around 12 people left and the circle shrinking. I had an 8x scope on a scar and had LoS to a dude who was trying to take someone else down. My target was 75m away. I lined up the shot (75m, 8x) with the reticle exactly in the middle of his head vertically, and about 1/4 of the way off center horizontally (so still 1/4 from the edge of his lvl 3 helmet wearing head).

I missed.

It actually makes me feel somewhat better about my aim in this game, because it was crystal clear that I should have had a headshot, but something was off. There was no lag that I noticed and everything seemed to be running smooth, but somehow the game didn't register the hit. The 8x scope was zero'd to 100m so that shouldn't have been a problem, but even if I shot high, I was aiming at the middle of his head (vertically) so there was 1/2 a head to still hit if my shot went high.

I don't know what happened, and the obvious answer is that I just have terrible aim, but 8x at 75m makes for a HUGE target, the target had stopped briefly, and I took my time to line up the shot.

After that we had a nice duel with grenades and autofiring assault rifles, but I lost that one as my shots clipped the top of the ridge I was hiding behind while his did not. Was fun.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sitting outside (right against the wall) a small 4 room 1 story building. dude runs in, no caution, I'm trying to figure out which side he's going to leave from when he jumps through a window (no glass, so no breaking sounds) right beside me and as I'm turning in his direction (I was half facing away) he turns and opens up with a P18C with extended magazine, shoots my helmet off (lvl 1) and kills me through my lvl 3 vest.

I had the drop on him so much that I wasn't even worried. Which ever side he left from, I had him. He was making so much noise it would be easy to figure out where he was. I'm still sort of shell shocked about how much I just got owned. I never even got the muzzle all the way around and on him, let alone got a shot off.

Watching the death cam, there is no indication of cheating. He just jumped out the window instead of leaving the way he came or through the door on the opposite side of the house and instead of checking his left first he checks his right. The almost random spray from the pistol makes it clear he was at least as shocked as I was. He had to empty his clip (25x9mm rounds) to kill me.

I'm appalled. That game was going smooth as silk and I was only outside the building because I was going to be taking potshots with my silenced 4x scope akm at the people running towards the circle. I feel like I was gut punched. Hah.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I *so* wish I could upload PUBG replays. I pulled off something this evening I couldn't dream of doing if I tried. I was driving a Bronco? out of the "mining crater", which is next to the "farming crater", when I came under fire. The guy was close, actually above me, and hitting the vehicle pretty consistently, so I was driving recklessly on the somewhat narrow dirt path out of the crater. As I rounded the bend towards the open road, the path was no longer guarded on the left by hillside-- rather, it just dropped off. I had just recovered from a fishtail and started to slide off the road. The front right corner of my vehicle slammed into an outcropping of rock where the path dropped, spinning the Bronco violently. I assumed I was going to come to a dead stop, so as soon as I impacted I hit "F" and bailed. But the car didn't stop. While I landed safely, it completed a near-360 spin and zoomed off at full speed down the hill and into town.

Yes, I did camp behind a tree and nail the guy as he ran ahead of the blue. :horse:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I can't believe you didn't take damage when jumping out of the vehicle. Very cool.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I'm taking pot shots from a second story window at a dude about 115m away. The 2 story building beside the Los Nuevo pipes and catwalks we often go to. I suck, so of course I miss all of my shots. I stop and regroup. I hear someone outside. I take position, make sure full auto is on, and wait. He comes in and despite getting the drop on him, I'm taken down to 1/4 health, but I get the kill. Yay. I then hear a motorcycle come driving up. Take 2 I'm thinking. I take position and wait. I hear the bottom door open and then close. Almost showtime, tension building, then bang bang bang I'm shot in the back of the head until dead. It startled me so bad I fired off about 3 shots with my M416 before I die. In my defense, I had started to move before I went down, so my reflexes weren't those of a complete fossil.

I watch the death cam. Well, wouldn't you know it, there is a dude completely tricked out with a scar, 4x and suppressor just camping up on the hill not too far from the pipes etc, except he's up high and behind the warehouse building. He's scouting, scouting, scouting. Motorcycle dude pulls up and runs for the door. The sniper has him almost lined up but not in time. While tracking the motorcycle dude, his scope literally pans past the second story window of the room I'm in. I'm not in front of the window. In fact, I'm crouched and facing towards the door to my room (which is at the top of the stairs), so away from the window. There is no where in the compound you could see me.

Except the sniper is up high, and far to the right. He has the perfect angle to shoot down and to the right of the window (looking in from outside) into the second story room. And that's where I've set up my ambush. If the sniper was looking straight on the window (i.e. perpendicular), he wouldn't have seen me. If he was lower, he wouldn't have seen me. If the motorcycle dude hadn't run into my building, chances are slim that sniper dude would have seen me (there were just too many places to scout out from up there).

I've seen crazier positioning for some great shots, but never for or against me.

I'm not upset, although I am amazed. He was looking for me, as I had been shooting from that compound several times, so he knew I was there somewhere, so it wasn't complete random luck that he found me. With that said, the number of variables that had to line up for him to have that shot are almost surreal.

Never seen that side of the pipes so busy before.

I wish I was a better shot. :evil:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Got another #2 tonight. Should have been a win but some geography and me being an old man lost it for me.

At one point in that game, me and another guy are taking potshots at each other under a bridge, from opposite sides. I spotted him first and headshot him with my M416. He was on the defensive after that. I occasionally sprayed my M249 (Yay!) in his direction as well, with a 2x scope.

I'm sitting there scoped waiting for him to peak when I hear a gunshot from him but it doesn't go anywhere near me. I watch the replay, and hilariously he shot a guy in the head who was looking down his scope at my head. I was literally a split second away from being headshot when the guy I'm trying to kill saves my life. If I had known, I would probably have let him go. In any case, we start lobbing grenades back and forth and he messes up, bounces one back at himself, loses sight of it and runs in the wrong direction.

Later it's just me and the last guy. I'm behind 2 rocks, the second of which is split by the circle. I'm wedged into this tiny place that looks like it's outside the circle, but isn't. I'm peaking left/right, but not seeing anyone. Turns out the guy was right in front of me with his back to me hiding behind another rock. I couldn't see him because the cone of visual "shadow" of my own rock was blocking my sight of him and his rock.

The circle starts to constrict again (it was already small) and having little other choice, I start running out from behind my rock towards the new circle. As I do, my enemy turns from his rock (either from my sound or just luck. Replay made it look like random checking his six) and sees me. I've got my M4 on single shot with 4x equipped (why? No idea. the circle is almost too small for it) and he's got his M4 on full auto with a red dot. I crouch and scope, he starts spraying (very accurately). I get 2 shots off, both pinging off his freakin' pan before I'm mowed down. I might have been able to hit him faster and with more bullets than he did to me if I had had the M249 equipped.

If his rock had been offset from mine even slightly in either direction, I would have seen him. I would have started to fire, miss, he would have taken cover around the rock and been closer to the new circle, and I would have died that way instead.

Still, there would have been a chance to shoot at him before he saw me, which is always nice.

#2 is better than I deserved in that game, but since I made it to #2, I really should have been #1.

Watching videos of Wacky Jacky while he live streams his games has done a lot to help me with the final circle. As when I began, my inability to see people first (I'm much better than when I started though) or hit them when I do see them are my two weaknesses that are holding me back. I'm going to finally get my eyes checked and new glasses soon I hope. That should help with the first, although I think I'm a lost cause as for the second.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Don't motorbike through the lumber camp.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Good advice.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:06 pm
I'm sitting there scoped waiting for him to peak when I hear a gunshot from him but it doesn't go anywhere near me. I watch the replay, and hilariously he shot a guy in the head who was looking down his scope at my head. I was literally a split second away from being headshot when the guy I'm trying to kill saves my life.
So the universe decided to balance itself today, and while I ran like a little girl from a dude that was a better shot that I am, I duck behind a tiny thin tree and start healing. Watching the death cam, I see my killer looking through his 8x scope at the dude I'm running from. My chaser is in full view, stationary and the scope's reticle is on his head. Instead of pulling the trigger, my killer lowers his aim a few inches until I am in full view, no cover (tree is on the other side of me) and stationary. He puts the reticle on my head, and pulls the trigger.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

Another one, I'm looting a house when a dude on a motorcycle comes close. The engine stops, so I start getting ready, only to see the bike burning on its side. I look around, look around, look around until aha! There he is. He's dead and he's making a pretty corpse. I search for his crate because I can see on his body some pretty sweet loot. No crate. Damn it.

Time is ticking and the circle is closing so I pick up his bike and start off cross country at 100+ km/hr. I get inside the circle and decide I'll got a bit deeper, only to flip the bike and die in the resulting crash.

Who knows how many other players that bike had killed before I got on it, or after I crashed it.

Case of the cursed motorcycle.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Early AM game, not ready to go to sleep. Miramar, drop in the midst of mountains in a nice location, end up with a Tommy gun, no accessories, and an M16 with a compensator and a 2x scope. I hate the M16, but the only other long rifle was an AKM, also not my favorite. Judicious use of vehicles and back paths allow me to get otherwise moderately equipped. Fairly late in, and I'm in a mountainous area behind Chuppacobra(?), which is new to me. Just leaving a house and I hear a vehicle. Attempt to make it to the road, but he never comes. Sit up, see that a guy has just left his buggy and is trying to run up the mountain. Don't know if he got out because his buggy was smoking slightly, or if it couldn't make it up the slope, but since neither could he, he ran back into the buggy. Took some shots with the M16, don't know if I hit him. Instead of finding me to engage, he rev's his buggy down the road..... right past me. Tommy gun, full auto. strafed that bastard and the whole thing went up in a glorious fireball! Didn't know buggys could fly.
Continued onward, up and around the mountain, conscious of the circle getting ready to collapse again. As I eyeballed a house set I ran past, I thought "was that a dude in the window?" Slowly back up, yes, that's a dude framed in the window, I'm dead. Oh. He's facing the other way for some reason. Bring up the M16, but he moves. Crouch, camp.... nothing. The Blue is coming, so I start running to the house. Can't have him behind me. As I approach, he runs out away from me. I guess the M16 *is* a pretty accurate assault rifle, Goo. Sadly, this circle quickly transitions to the "Health Chomping Ring of Death", and I collapse in its embrace as #14.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Top 8 have everything silenced including a kar98. Get auto shot from 200m in 1 second. Seriously the cheating god damn sucks. I don't know why I bother sometimes.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

After this match (2 videos), I should probably hang it up. I doubt I'll be able to match the effectiveness.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Nice. X-bow kills are the best.

I've never seen those interface items at the bottom of your screen in the second video (didn't notice if they were there in the first). Are you playing on the Xbox?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

PC. Those are from the in-game replay interface