PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious »

Aside from the jungle map or super busy towns I'm usually fine. Jungle map there's so many places to hide that I'm looking around like a paranoid idiot.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well at least you can sneak up behind people. *In Theory*. You could be creeping behind someone in TP and they are actually looking behind. Blech...
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I get home and decide to watch a couple of replays, which I haven't done in awhile.

I notice that a daily mission is going to run out that needs 10km traveled in a vehicle. I'm at about 8.5km. So what the hell, I decide to drop and drive until I get the mission. Of course the map is Sanhok.

I loop around the SE corner of the island counter-clockwise, but never find a boat. I've been behind the blue for a few minutes and find a motorcycle (not a scooter). Great. I just on and immediately flip it and die. Nice.

I drop again and it's Sanhok again. Of course. I land on the North shore and grab a full kit. AKM, Tommy Gun, lvl 2 helmet, lvl 2 backpack, lvl 1 vest, holographic sight. Considering I was just grabbing what I could find and then hit the coastline, I'm good. But no luck. I run along the North coast east to west and eventually find a full boat (not a jetski). I head out into the sea, as the circle is huge at this point and I'm like a km away from shore. I get my achievement (I assume) and decide to keep looping counterclockwise. I crash the boat into some rocks and swim my way to shore. I make my way inland, looting as I go. No one has been here, great.

Eventually I cross paths with a dude but he doesn't see me. I trail him, straddling the circle as it closes. We can hear each other in the next building cluster, and then another.

Eventually there are less than 10 left and I'm behind a rock. I know there is a guy in the shack ahead of me but I need to get to cover and sneaking will get me killed by others (lots of long range sniping happening). He hears me coming and does a great job of seizing the initiative and pops out the door and starts aiming down sight. His first shot hits but then he starts missing on full auto with his QBZ. I get my AKM up and start full auto as well. We're 7m apart and he's got the first shot off but I get the last one. I scoop up his meds and get topped up. 6 left.

I'm bored, let me wrap this up. I catch a dude coming into the circle and we get into it. I hit him in the head with the QBZ+4x I picked up off the last guy but it's not enough. He's hit me with a full auto blast from a 5.56 rifle (don't remember what). We're 30m apart maybe. He's out of the circle and I'm in (just barely) but not for long. I could have just waited and the circle would have killed him. Instead I start pulling the pin on a grenade and he puts me down as I start to throw it. He gets in the circle with less than 5hp left.

So I joined a game to drive a vehicle for 1.5km and ended up 4th with a solid kill and another good fight. Watching the replay both those players were much stronger players than I am, so I feel pretty good about the whole thing.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Nice!

Didn't enjoy the new map as much as I thought I would, but I felt that way about Sanhok too, so we'll see.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

May finally be considering a break from the game. Had a couple of clear cut cheaters the last two nights, which make legitimate frustrating deaths even more so. Have so many games I'm not playing because all I do is PUBG during my game nights. Guess I'll see how I feel Sunday.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sorry to hear that Frey. Heaven knows I understand frustration.

A break can help, even just 1 night. See how you feel after that.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

FYI playing CSGO is great practice for close quarters combat and aim in general. As it went free to play I decided why not? I figured I would just get steamrolled left and right, but I've been doing quite well on the casual servers. It's also a nice diversion from PUBG. Dying in CSGO is a lot less upsetting compared to PUBG. If you do play it just make sure to make you mouse sensitivity the same as pubg. Just match your turning speed so it matches to what you have in PUBG. For example if I take my mouse from the center of the pad all the way to the right it's about 170 degree turn. (Which is actually still a pretty high sensitivity believe it or not). I matched that to CSGO and my snap aim is certainly getting better. They also have training course which you can download and play against bots and stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Took a night off and suddenly I'm a complete n00b again. That was fun. I couldn't even see who was shooting at me, let alone hit anyone. Things haven't been that bad for me since literally the time of n00bitude. When I lost to a guy punching me repeatedly while I swung ineffectually at him with a pan, that was it for the night.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Some days it's just terribly frustrating and best to walk away. I had a pretty good time the last couple of days with the random squads. Couple of wins and I got a sweet sweet crossbow kill. :horse: The one win I checked and we had 19 freaking kills insane. :lol:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

At work so brief post, but we had a squad win last night. Goo was MVP, with three kills including the final guy. Of note, he eliminated in close combat, the two dudes who were on the roof of the school, pinning down two of our team. I contributed by being a bullet sponge for that engagement.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice I had a horrible horrible time playing yesterday. Pretty much anything that could go wrong would. :lol: I think I might play something else tonight. :tjg:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Really liking the balance on the new map. You can certainly find a safe place to drop and still get decent loot. It's a nice middle ground between the huge maps with no loot and the island map that is chaos with loot everywhere.

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

New map?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Yes.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Cool I’ll be back, this one a snow map?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Yes.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Redfive wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:44 pm Cool I’ll be back, this one a snow map?
Better yet, will you be able to follow people's footprints? :D
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yes.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

:lol:

So I'm getting myself a 144hz monitor for Christmas + I already bought a 1070ti. I'm really really curious to see the difference going from 60hz as apparently it's a big deal. I expect to be posting videos of my 30 kill wins. That's how it works right?

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Playing solo games to get my 10/10 vehicle kills. That's my goal. I landed on Vikendi as far from the plane as I could and still ended up within 200m of 2 other players. I was stalked for a brief time (I was unaware) although I had killed a vehicle so he must have heard that, but my meandering ways allowed me to shake him and then he was stalked by another. When they shot it out I thought I was at least 800m from the nearest player. Turns out I was only 200m, and that's after putting my space between us.

I spent 12 of 20 minutes outside the circle.

I killed 4 vehicles! Huzzah.

When I arrived at the circle I saw tire tracks and thought I might get a chance at a 5th. I never saw the vehicle and watching the replay I just had bad luck and stumbled across a dude watching the edge of the circle. Honestly, it was pure luck that I was where I was and pure luck he was looking where he was looking. He had an m24 and I had a G36C, and I was stuck outside the circle. We had some fun, I threw down some smoke. He hit me in the chest of my lvl 3 armor and did a pile of damage. I hit him and did 11.6 damage. I looked online and the only way to do that is to hit the hand or foot without pass through. So...yeah. He fell back because he was outside the circle too. I used the smoke to run in, and he hit me 3 times with an AKM, twice while I was in the smoke and not visible to him, and I had changed directions twice since he hit me the first time. Again, watching the replay it was pure luck on his part. He missed twice before that. As anyone who has ever fired blindly into a smoke grenade cloud knows, it's almost impossible to hit someone. To do it twice is a once in a 1000 chance.

My "easy" daily is to use 2 full medkits. Not first aid, but medkits. I can't even find medkits most of the time. Grrr.

Oh well. I need 3 more vehicle kills. Once more into the breech.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I bought the pass, but I generally don't go out of my way to do missions. Just feels like a chore to me, but most people seem to like it. Video card arrived. Now I just have to get the monitor next week. :horse:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Was something to do. Wasn't worth much, given the pain in the ass it was.

Managed to get 3 vehicle kills on sanhok, despite the extra circle damage. Since I never look for vehicles on that map I had a heckuva time finding them.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

PSA: You have to claim the xp from your completed missions now. You don't automatically get it when you complete the mission.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Pathfinder and myself, in Duos. So close.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

7 kills nice job. I haven't played much lately. I'm getting the new monitor on Friday which I'm super excited about. I"m really curious to see if a 144hz really makes any difference. Supposedly it makes seeing thing much easier (if you can get frames up to 144 FPS of course). Considering my crappy eyes anything can help. :lol:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

The higher frame rate really does help. The crappy, stuttering internet... not so much.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I have a 144 hz monitor but I can only get about 65-70 fps. I run it at QHD though, so after my 1080p monitor, that's a big jump.

Congrats on the #2 Frey. I hope you fought the good fight at the end!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Thanks, Goo. One of those kills was one of the last two guys, but I made the mistake of pushing while wounded, because I thought PF was doing the same. Unfortunately, he had just been injured by a grenade and then got swallowed by the blue. If I had just healed first things might have ended differently.
Lots of interesting things in that match. Near the beginning we approached a lot of gunfire, to find 4-5 bodies all around a Drop. I added two to that region while we cleared out the near buildings. However, no one ever got the crate because some snipers took up placement about 400 meters away. So we fought a prolonged fight with them without anyone dying (for a change!) before moving on. We then tracked a truck (winter map), and I managed to spot the guys hidden prone, looking in a different direction. Plugged one in the head, pushed the other who somehow didn't hear me sneaking up and shot up his gille suit-ed butt. Eliminated another team as we approached the final circles, and then the story above. Was just a good game, filled with sound tactics that I rarely pull off and good shots all around. Was really please that PF demonstrated good stealth and acumen during that round, and I'm sure he softened up or distracted the last three kills.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The new map tends to lend itself to more fair fights from my limited time with it. I have had more fun fights in a week than I did in 6 months on the other maps. Not exactly sure what it is, but I think they really nailed the map. Needs work on the loot table, but that can be said about all the maps.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Got the new monitor. It's like night and day. I didn't realize how bad my old one was until now. Last 4 matches... 3 kills, 6 kills, 3 kills, 6 kills. :mrgreen: Spotting people WAY better.

UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Octavious wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 am :lol:

So I'm getting myself a 144hz monitor for Christmas + I already bought a 1070ti. I'm really really curious to see the difference going from 60hz as apparently it's a big deal. I expect to be posting videos of my 30 kill wins. That's how it works right?
What make and model? What size and were did you get it?
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

AOC 2460GF. It usually sells for around 200 bucks. Thumbs up so far from me except for the menu controls. They are terrible.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

A good night. Two chicken dinners, one with our group and one with Lulz and one of his buddies, plus a 6 man killing rampage in Dino park after the two of them died. I've been up all night for reasons, so I can't remember who was with me in the first win. :(

Edited to add the first win might have been with Lulz and friend as well. Our group had a win the night before.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ban hammer came down hard on people with radar cheats when the new map came out. I wonder if that has anything to do with the game seeming a bit more fair now? Bunch a "pro" players were taken down in that sweep.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Last night/this am had a guy who I *think* was using a radar cheat. They had good reason to know that I was in the building in question, but on the death cam he followed my tag flawlessly between floors and as I jumped off a balcony. Sounds were challenging as well, since there was also an active smoke grenade in the building next to the guy in question. I reported him, although "attacked without line of sight" isn't the best report when the guy actually didn't fire until I was in view.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Without seeing the replay it's hard to say, but I'm sure there are still radar cheats out there. Or maybe it's a new one, but it's certainly better than it was before which is good. The game plays much better than say 6 months ago. I generally now only die to being an idiot or totally missing a shot. I've been running shadowplay lately and the fights where I swear I totally nailed the guy and can't believe I lost you can see I totally just miss my shot.

I should post the videos of the one tpp match I ran for shits and giggles. I had an epic battle with like 4-5 people who all seem determined to only kill me. It was so strange I felt like a streamer. :lol: Killed one dude who I just ambushed. Seconds later a guy comes up behind trying to sneak on me and I take a few shots and him to get him to back off. I go to throw a nade at him and I catch in the corner of my eye another guy trying to flank me. I toss the grenade at the flanker instead and run like hell for a better position.

Both dudes follow me in hot pursuit. I get into a building and we just trade shots over and over. A THIRD dude tries to sneak into my building and I kill him. The guy in the other building tosses a nade at me but doesn't kill me. I snap shot him through the window and then ANOTHER dude tries to rush my building. I nailed him as well. I have that all on clips. I was just nutty. I walked out of that town with 4 kills. :mrgreen:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Speaking of 4, I believe this is the 4th time you have been playing TPP after posting the equivalent of "TPP is stupid, I'm not playing that way anymore". :lol:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I only have 4 matches of TPP this season. So I posted each time. :lol: I jump into that mode when I'm annoyed and just want to cheese kill a bunch of people. It's such a dumb mode when you compare it to FP.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I had a hilarious round over the weekend where I kept on getting headshots on people in an apartment building with a winchester. Twice I got the same guy and the third was his partner. Neither died as they kept rezzing each other, but the amusement factor was super high. The last headshot you could only see the very very top of his helmet. I'm not sure how I pulled that one off. :lol:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Was playing a random squad match and there was like maybe 20 left. Caught out on the middle with a bunch of idiots camping a building. ;) Run for a tree and bam taken out by Freyland. (The camper in the building ;) ) :lol: I was dying laughing when I saw that in the feed. I did get back up, but sadly died outside the building as the rest of my squad got wiped. I so wanted to run in like John Wick. :twisted:

Nice shot Frey!