PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo »

Yep, those were just examples, but good answers nonetheless.

Just discovered the bombshelter/bunker for the first time. got down there, started looting, heard a huge bang (a grenade I guess?) and found a target that must have been looting too, because they were easy pickin's. I had just switched from an akm to an m16a4 I had just found, and was able to put several bursts into the guy before he moved, at which point his movement was onto the ground as a corpse.

I was very well equipped but caught behind the circle. I was running for the hills so to speak but still scanning. I had health packs and the damage wasn't severe yet. I noticed a vehicle off to the side, and since I was way behind the current incoming restriction, driving in style would be nice. I was gunned down at close range with a scar-l that I never saw. Chances are he was prone a little to the right of my los. He was close. Probably 10-20 feet and I never saw him. Terrible end to an interesting match.

Edit: I watched the videos of my kill and my death. Turns out I can actually hit the head if the target is not moving, not aware of me and standing within 20 feet. Go me.

And yep, in the video of my death you can TOTALLY see my shooter prone slightly to my right. They are completely within my camera angle and I just don't see them. They wait until I'm right on top of them before firing, which is interesting to speculate why he waited so long. In my defense there are two mitigating factors. A loot drop plane comes within earshot just as I turn towards the jeep, so I'm running while looking over my shoulder to make sure it's not a vehicle coming down the road (I'm crossing the road at the time). So I'm shrinking the distance towards my killer but looking in the opposite direction, reducing the amount of time I have to identify him prone on the ground.

Second, the circle crosses over me and my killer just as I come close enough that he decides to start firing. The damage from the circle, the blood spatters too, distract me and switch my brain from target seeking mode to better get in that jeep and get out of here before this circle eats me. It's the equivalent of tossing something into the air at someone right before you punch them in the face. It's just enough to change my thinking for a split second. And then I'm dead.

While playing, I never saw him. Watching the video, he's completely visible, plain as day. I mean, he's brownish hues against ground brownish hues, but now that I know he's there, he's easy to find.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Things In the to-do list:

1) streamline my grenade hotkey situation. I rarely use anything but frags (and almost never those) because I have it mapped to my thumb button on my mouse (standard grenade hotkey for me). The rest...I don't even know which are the default keys. I only use grenades that aren't frags when I don't have frags because THEN they become the default grenade thrown by the thumb button. Would love to have fast access to each grenade type without​ major hand movement away from the "gaming home row" .

I've got weapon #1 and #2 in a comfortable place, but the pistol is still key 3, which sucks for me as a southpaw. Would like to clean that up.

Figure out how to travel farther horizontally when sky diving. I thought I had it worked out but I'm still falling short of where I see others able to get to. I'm often left behind by redfive when we jump together. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Need to figure it out.

read/watch more instructional videos. I found a bro-dude who despite that had a GREAT comparison video for the assault rifles. He also did shotguns and rifles and submachine guns. I need to watch those and re-watch the AR one until it sticks. His video is why I switched from the AKM to the M16 in my previous post.

Re-watch pistol comparison video. Bro-dude (doctor Pauly? DP?) does not have a video on pistols so I had to go elsewhere. I've already forgotten 1911 versus p92? Which is the higher damage? I ignore the revolver, and I can't remember what the base 9mm is called.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

This looks like a handy reference:
https://pubg.me/weapons
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Last edited by coopasonic on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote:This looks like a handy reference:
https://pubg.me/weapons
I was having trouble finding current stats, as the game is in development and the guns have been patched many times, so the data out there may or may not have been current. I'll take a look.

Still, competent videos are awesome because they aren't just numbers but actual player experiences with the weapons. A skilled, intelligent player has a lot of useful information to share. Doubly so since I am not a gun guy and actually normally hate real-world shooters that use real world weaponry.

I avoid call of duty type stuff. What makes this different is the hunger games nature of it.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Neat!

But that's a different greengoo. My stats are much better.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I think these stats reset because I do have a win..my fourth match I think.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

https://pubg.me/player/Octavious230
Wow I played a lot of matches considering I started this week. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah if you look it says "EARLY ACCESS #4" indicating there would be a #1-#3 but I don't think the tracking goes back any earlier. I tried changing the URL to show earlier seasons and it shows nothing tracked. I guess the logging of this data is somewhat recent.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote:https://pubg.me/player/Octavious230
169 m
LONGEST KILL

Nice.

Through GreenGoo has this one:

240 m
LONGEST KILL
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote:I think these stats reset because I do have a win..my fourth match I think.
It's listed as early access #4, so maybe they reset with every major release or something.

Edit: what coop said.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

coopasonic wrote:
Octavious wrote:https://pubg.me/player/Octavious230
169 m
LONGEST KILL

Nice.

Through GreenGoo has this one:

240 m
LONGEST KILL
If my aim and patience didn't suck I would have one much longer last night. It had to be like 300 m. Hit them dead center in the chest and then they picked me off as I was dumb and was standing out in the open. :(
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Finally got shadowplay highlights working. Nothing special just me trying to get shot and then deciding to shoot him since he wouldn't look my way! Note that I am messing around in the bombing zone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNY45Mcusl8
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

First, awesome that you posted a video. I really enjoy watching people I know playing games.

Second, how on earth did you get that guy to stand straight up in full 360 line of sight, silhouetted against the sky? I mean, I've done some stupid things in game but that guy was a sitting duck.

Not to take anything away from you coop. I would have missed repeatedly until he spotted me and put one in my helmet, it's just that I never even see half the people I encounter in the game and yet here's a guy painting a big target on his chest. I'm disgusted by his death wish. :D.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I tried the discord link and it expired. :( I"m around if anyone wants to group up. Sent friend invites on steam. I want to kill things... Doing much better today, compared to yesterday at least.

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Octavious wrote:I tried the discord link and it expired. :( I"m around if anyone wants to group up. Sent friend invites on steam. I want to kill things... Doing much better today, compared to yesterday at least.
Try this https://discord.gg/HeqMdq8

I'll be on this evening for sure, just not sure when.

Looking forward to it.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That worked. No idea how to use it but I'm in.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote:First, awesome that you posted a video. I really enjoy watching people I know playing games.

Second, how on earth did you get that guy to stand straight up in full 360 line of sight, silhouetted against the sky? I mean, I've done some stupid things in game but that guy was a sitting duck.

Not to take anything away from you coop. I would have missed repeatedly until he spotted me and put one in my helmet, it's just that I never even see half the people I encounter in the game and yet here's a guy painting a big target on his chest. I'm disgusted by his death wish. :D.
Yeah it was pretty silly. I heard someone sniping so I was on the lookout, but that was just fish in a barrel.

I posted a couple more kill videos, one of which is just mean. I think I will save my deaths for a compilation.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hah. I think I was just jealous coop. One of my videos is titled around me actually finding a scope and better yet, an opportunity to use it. I just don't get the opportunity to see who I'm shooting at very often.

I subscribed to your channel. I will definitely being checking it for new videos.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Anyone want to explain what zeroing a sight means? I assume it's calibration of some sort, but I have no idea what it does. This had been on my to-do list for a few days as well.

Also I failed to mention that I have learned that the sks is a rifle. earlier I suggest it might be the auto-shotgun when I whined about the range at which I was killed, but it's a rifle, so dying at range makes much more sense.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm looking at the weapon stats coop posted. Weapon damage for the shotguns is 25, with pellet count of 9. I assume that's 25 damage per pellet. Doing the math, I'm starting to understand why I've lost my gun battles when in close range with a shotgun. body armour absorbs around 100-200 damage, lvl 1 helmet is 80, I think lvl 2 is 150. If I were to hit with 7 of 9 pellets, that's still only 175 damage. That doesn't even breach a lvl 2 or 3 armour vest. The loading of the next round is a relatively lengthy process. I'll have to rethink uzi versus shotgun for close range.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, all set up. Checked my video recording settings, logged into discord, have redfive's twitch channel up on the second computer in case he decides to turn it on, headphones plugged in. Ready to go I think.

Kids are still up but wife will handle that. She even suggested I go out and buy a second monitor so I can have redfive's stream close by but I did not. She knows I've used a second monitor for a long time in the past and have been putting off buying a new one for over a year. She's a good partner. :D

Octavious if you read this, I'm in the discord channel but I can't hear you if you've acknowledged my hello. There's an icon beside your name that might imply that you've muted your mic.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Coop! Come join us! Fun is being had!

I know it's late but...team based murder!
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

GreenGoo wrote:Anyone want to explain what zeroing a sight means? I assume it's calibration of some sort, but I have no idea what it does. This had been on my to-do list for a few days as well.
This game models bullet drop. The farther away your target, the higher you’ll have to aim. By default, every gun is sighted to 100m, so if your target is 100m away your bullet will hit exactly where the crosshairs are.

If our target is further away than 100m, you’ll have to aim your crosshairs higher than what you want to hit. Some scopes have different aiming points built in. For instance, the —4 line of the 4x scope is intended to be the place to aim for a target 400m away. (The aim point actually varies a bit by weapon.)

Instead of aiming high, you can also change the zero of your scope to a different range. If you set your scope to 400m, your bullets will now hit the middle of the crosshairs for 400m distance targets. If you’re zeroed for 400m and you shoot at someone closer than 400m, your bullet might go over their head.

How do you know how far your target is? Look at your minimal or the main map. Every small square is 100m. Find a landmark near the target, find it on the map, count how many squares away it is, set your zero.

Some scopes also have built in range finders, e.g., if a certain part of the scope reticle is as wide as a body width, they’re X meters away. That takes a bit more work to learn, but it’s not a bad idea to at least learn how the 4x scope rangefinding works.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Green, Red and I got a bunch of matches in. One really good one and the rest we're pretty much a hot mess, but a lot of fun. Best 30 bucks I've spent in a long time. Teams is WAY more fun then running solo. :mrgreen:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Thanks Pug, great write up.

Octavious, Red and I played 4 player with a random pickup a bunch of times, and it was a blast. We definitely need another OOer to make fun of and accidentally shoot with our automatic shotgun.

Without going through all the video I recorded, I've uploaded (or at least started) a 2.5 minute clip where we all die in a firefight. I swear this is crying out for a video with all cameras spliced together. Definitely going to have to follow up on that idea.

Coop, we missed you tonight. JOIN US!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

That bunker defense was pretty awesome. Red's grenade was better than anything I had done in the game up until the trike/ house jump.

I really enjoyed that last firefight we had as well, despite failing to kill a person I had in my full sights while they weren't aware I was there. Watching the notifications of Red killing player a) and then Oct killing player b) was sweet justice. Too bad Player c) took down all 3 of us.

I really should have taken the time to heal, but I still wanted to support Red. I wanted to support you but my brain just did not register that you were down and out already, so taking the time to heal up and reposition would have been smarter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I should of stayed up on the hill. I was in an awesome position. Oh well. So much fun.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Found a funny tip. No shoes. If you take your shoes off you make less sound. So we're going diehard next time.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

wonderpug wrote:Speak of the devil, a youtuber who posts lots of good tips & tricks videos for PUBG just posted How to properly calm your nerves in PUBG
This is helpful. Thanks.

Sorry guys, my wife is out this weekend so last night was my only chance to spend time with her. I should be on tonight as long as she doesn't come home too early. :D I played a bunch this morning and I need a break now. Ill be back in an hour or so.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Spend time with...wife?!

Isn't that what the entire last decade was about?

J/k and no worries. Any pressure I apply is meant in the best and friendliest of ways.

Right now we seem to be playing nightly so stop by any time you get the urge and it's convenient for you.

Also, when your wife is home at night and then she's home again the next night, that's called a normal week day.

Just saying :P
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hey red et al, I figured how to travel farther horizontally during the dive.

What I did was dive straight down to gather speed, then level out while still streamlined. I went shooting off on the horizontal at significant speed.

Did it almost by accident. I need to actually do a search though to see what the pros are doing.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote:Also, when your wife is home at night and then she's home again the next night, that's called a normal week day.
These weekends she normally gets home at like 11-11:30 and goes right to sleep. Sometimes she spoils it and comes home early. We'll see. Around 8:30 CDT I should have the kids in bed and be ready to play for as long as my heart can take it. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I've got some better footage of our team play last night that I need to go and organise somehow. There's some good stuff in there of everyone.

With that said, there is a video up now (autoloaded I think) where we're getting picked off 1 by 1 and when it's my turn I physically twitch so hard my mouse jumps and I fire wildly into the ground.

Double hilarity points because the guys were in spectator mode and watched it happen in real time.

Spoiler alert, I did not win that one.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I was subjected to a stun grenade last night for the first time, the effects of which were very cool.

Making it even better, I lost sight of the thrower who used it to flank me and then murder me.

Kudos Mr. Stun Grenadier. I was very impressed from my grave.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I learned how the stun grenade affects you by throwing one down stairs to stun an enemy, missing the stairs and stunning myself... luckily the enemy that I thought was downstairs wasn't there.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

Got two chicken dinners with mates last night. Team of 4, land loot, scoot to far side of flight path, come in slowly on foot after circle closes a couple of times. Was great fun and those final guys only possible as we had either 4/4 or 3/4 people left, sacrificed myself to draw fire on the second one so other guys could light him up :)

So much fun.

Oh if you see me on steam or discord, name there is [FnS] Peldorstirzs
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Congrats!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, figured out my grenade issues. The 5 key cycles through your grenades. Ive moved the shortcut to something more convenient. Cycling through grenades might not be as fast as hitting the correct key for each separate grenade type, but it's WAY faster than what I was going, which was not using grenades except for the default fragmentation grenade. If I ever get to the skill level where cycling grenades means death but picking the exact right grenade with a single keypress means I live, I'll consider more configuration. As of now just being able to cycle grenades without moving my hand away from the movement keys or off the mouse is a huge improvement.

The key to far gliding is pulling your chute early and then rocking back and forth like an a swing. Since my goal is to get where I'm going as fast as possible, diving straight down, then leveling out, diving straight down, then leveling out is the best compromise between horizontal distance and vertical distance. So diving down and then leveling out over and over (like a step down graph) is the most efficient way that I know of.

Obviously the faster you're going when the chute opens, the faster you're going to hit the ground, as the chute takes time to open and drag you to a new terminal velocity, and while that's happening, you're still falling.

Saw some youtube videos today entitled something like Funny & Awesome moments in PUBG. I recommend checking them out. Hilarity. If I find them again I'll provide a link later. I just about peed myself during the "MACHETE!" moment.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm in kind of a shitty mood tonight so if I'm offputting in chat, fuck you. No, what I meant was don't mind me.