PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Redfive

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Redfive »

Octavious wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:05 pm Oh look they are adding weapon skins. Their priorities are shockingly out of wack. The whole event thing that they only ran for a few days is another bizarre move. I guess it was just a test, but considering the total lack of options they really shouldn't be teasing new modes and then taking them away. :doh: Or at least when they pull one they toss up a new one. Also they use their timezone for the timing of it expiring so it freaking expired in primetime on Sunday night for the US. :tjg:
I would agree with you except I expect their priorities have to do with making money and I'm sure adding weapon skins will bring in another $9,564,233,234,123.89.

They would make me happy if they'd just fix the lobby jank. For how much cash they've printed I would expect to not have to see me standing in just underwear with no 'ready' check mark while the other players are all checked in..etc...
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Freyland wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:35 pm FYI, there will be a 4(!) Hour server maintenance tonight, starting at 10 pm EDT. Sigh.
They consult with me on that. If I really should be doing D&D prep instead of PUBG I will have them schedule downtime right in the middle of our prime play window so as to remove the temptation for me to set aside the prep for easy squad play :)

Sorry about that.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'm really starting to feel like telling this game to go f$$k itself. Or maybe my internet. Or maybe myself, I don't know. Long story short, I was hiding. As planned, my "victim" came up the stairs 5-10 meters in front of me. As luck would have it, he came up crouched *with his back partially turned towards me* because of a passing vehicle. I had him in my sights (2x) and unloaded full auto with my scar. He turned, put a burst into me from his M4, and I died. Same level 3 armor, same level 2 helmet, both crouched and I had the drop on him. Took him down by only 20% of his health while I died. Ridiculous.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

That does seem strange. Obviously headshots vs. body shots would make the difference, but who is inhumanly fast enough to react in time?

Worst case scenario is that you hit his lvl 3 armour with every shot. If you missed some, well then you missed some and that's probably the problem.

Scar-L fire rate: 0.096s
shots to kill through lvl 3 armour: 6

Time from first bullet to last bullet: 0.096x5: 0.48 seconds.

If we assume he does not know you are there until you start firing, he has almost 1/2 a second to react and take you down.

If he only hits your head...

M4 fire rate: 0.086s
shots to kill through lvl 2 helmet: 2

Time from first bullet to last bullet: 0.086x2: 0.172 seconds

So if we assume both shooters at 100% health, and your target kills you 0.01s before you kill him, that leaves him with: 0.47-0.172: 0.298 to react and kill you.

So given that, he had less than a 3rd of a second to realize he was being fired at, locate you, bring up his barrel (if he was walking it's already up), ADS (unless he just tightened his aim) put the cross hair on your head at which point he starts firing (the time it takes for this part is already accounted for, so it's not part of the 0.298s).

That seems...insane. Is it impossible? No. I've had things happen to me at the same or nearly the same speed. Is it beyond my capabilities? Hell, yes.

Things that need to happen for these numbers to work:
1) Both at 100% health
2) Target doesn't know you're there.
3) All bodyshots from Frey, all headshots from target
4) No misses from either shooter
5) Range is short enough that bullet velocity doesn't matter.

I know from personal experience that I miss often, even at short range when I have the drop on someone. That doesn't mean you did, only that if the same situation happened to me, I'd look at how many of my burst hit vs. how many missed vs. how many should have hit but missed (sync issues).

As you can see, it takes less than 0.2 seconds to kill someone with an M416 and only head shots. It feels instantaneous. I know. I die that way a LOT. And you are the one that has to hear about it as I whine and complain and try to figure out what went wrong.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hey Cort! Our trade just went through after the 2 week hold, hah!

I'm now the proud owner of a stripped pink shirt. W00t. Do the kids still say w00t? I don't think so.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

lol I remember you doing that trade. That whole thing is so silly. I had a sweet sweet sweet vss kill. Killed the one dude and then baited the second one into Thunderball who was waiting below. :D Won the round on the test server. Good times.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Triumph crates going for about 6 bucks canadian, fyi.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I was way off, my killer wasn't behind us at all. Not sure how I messed that up, but it was a suppressed Kar near the 2 crates.

That bugs me, as I have felt recently that my locating shooters has gotten much better.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Fear not, Goo! Thanks to the replay function, your Killer Identification Skills have reached 100% accuracy! :ninja:

GG last night.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm increasingly frustrated with the games path and the gameplay is wearing on me. I really need to find another co-op gamthat doesn't frustrate me so much. There are nights where it's zero fun to play. Everythibg goes wrong and it just feels like a waste of time.

The new event is utterly pointless. Flaregun on the desert map. Yippie. Give something fun like pistols only not stupid crap. Sigh
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I think this was our first game of the night with 4, and we landed in Pochinki.

I shot Cort when he was down, and everyone thought it was hilarious. Ha. Ha. :D

So I took a look at the battle in replay and it was a great shoot out. We were the last 2 teams in Pochinki. We had 2 of them down and the other 2 at less than 10% health, but they were hiding. I rez'd Frey but when I went into the room with Cort, I couldn't see his tag. I checked and rechecked, but it wasn't there, so I shot him. Well, it was there, but I was so close to Cort that his tag was actually above my head. I had to look directly up at the ceiling to see it during the replay. Big middle finger to the game ui on that.

Anyway, 2 of them come in and kill Frey (I killed cort, go me) and I manage to put one down and then out with 2 shotgun blasts. Well his partner comes back and we take leaning potshots at each other through a tight angle on the door, we both miss. He's got an SKS.

Take 2: We both peek again, and we both fire at the same time. I die and he lives, but in the replay (and I was pretty sure I saw it live too), there is a huge blood splatter on him as well.

Essentially, if not for the game mechanics (a dead man's bullets do no damage), we both killed each other at the same time. That would have left Pochinki littered with bodies but no one left alive to walk out of there with the town's loot, just like almost every western ever made.

Was pretty cool. Shame shotgun pellets have a lower velocity than sks rounds. :)
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Raider crates are going for CAN$2.60 right now, fyi.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

To spice things up I have been doing some solo squads. It's super fun if not near impossible to do well in. The beginning loot part is super easy if you avoid places that a squad would go to. So you can get pretty geared up. I then just try to randomly pick off a person and vanish. It's quite entertaining. I killed 1 dude threw a smoke to cover myself and high tailed it out of there. :lol: The best was it was like top 14 and this team built a wall of vehicles on top of a hill. I sneaked around the side and tossed about 8 grenades into the convoy. Killed two and then ran for the hills. The remaining two came chasing and I knocked 1 more before getting killed. After I watched the replay I noted that 1 car was about to blow. If I had 1 more grenade I think I would have blown the whole convoy of cars up. :lol:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Got me a beta key to the new map that I can try tonight. :pop:

If you want to try and apply go here...

http://playbattlegrounds.com/news/138.pu

I figured it looked at my total hours and they just felt bad for me. :lol:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dropped at a place with another guy. He hit me with a molotov, so I punched him to death.

Dropped at a place with another guy. He shot me with a pistol, so I punched him to death.

I dropped on the island near the radio station with a bunch of people. I punched three of them to death.

Since the achievements started, my account has beaten 14 people to death. Out of 76 kills.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I ran into a bug last night where a guy shot me with no gun. When you watch the replay you can see him picking up an invisible gun. He then shoots me without even raising his arms. I was so confused. :lol:

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:52 pmSince the achievements started, my account has beaten 14 people to death. Out of 76 kills.
That's actually a staggering percentage, given that you get a gun pretty early and melee kills aren't exactly easy. Have you mastered the head-punch?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I wouldn't say that I've mastered it, but I certainly do make an effort to aim there.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

There's only three achievements that I'm going to have a hard time accomplishing. Beating people to death, the crossbow and the killing from the cars. Everything else I think I'll have done in a month. I have been racking up the grenade kills as of late. It's not something I was good with before, but man I have been blowing people up left and right as of late. :wub:

Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:08 pm So I think this was our first game of the night with 4, and we landed in Pochinki.

I shot Cort when he was down, and everyone thought it was hilarious. Ha. Ha. :D
It was awesome. I was down, hiding in a corner and in comes GreenGoo. I'm like yeah, he's gonna rez me. Goo looks at me, looks away, looks at me again and BLAM! :violence-minigun:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:08 pm
Take 2: We both peek again, and we both fire at the same time. I die and he lives, but in the replay (and I was pretty sure I saw it live too), there is a huge blood splatter on him as well.
So this happened again tonight. I hit a guy with a single bullet from my uzi and he hits me in the head with an AR. Blood splatter on him and I die. I watch the death cam and I very clearly hit him. However, I received zero BP for damage done.

It's only slightly annoying (I mean, it's only like 1 or 2 BP in this case), but it does make me wonder how these things work or are supposed to work.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

New map is in very rough shap right now. I bailed put after a couple of rounds. Most buildings don't ha e anything in them yet and the loot spawns and very much not done. It really looks like a fortnight mp. That's what is going to kill his game . Them trying to match what the others are doing.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ran into another cheater last night. We got wiped in 1 second from 200m. I really don't get the appeal of doing that.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Octavious wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 am Ran into another cheater last night. We got wiped in 1 second from 200m. I really don't get the appeal of doing that.
It's not about feeling like a good player. It's more about ruining your experience and getting jollies off that - or just being a terrible player and compensating with cheats and not caring. I prefer to believe the former.
Black Lives Matter

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Thankfully I haven't run into too much cheating. It does seem to be picking up though. :( The higher up the ranks I get the worse it gets.

And Green it really does sound like a connection issue if hits aren't registering a lot. We were playing on AS last night (which I'm not doing anymore) and I had a TON of shots that didn't register because of the latency. As entertaining as it is to play against those guys it's frustrating to unload a clip and some and do 4 points of damage. I really don't see that very often on NA. Generally I die because I'm not paying attention and walk right in front of someone. :doh:

I totally pulled off one of those annoying kills that happen to me last night. I went through a building that had all the doors closed and wasn't looted at all. Get on the roof and blam blam in my back. I quickly turn around and open fire killing the person. :lol:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

For the record, most of the well known twitchers are calling the new map a great addition. Some are concerned that the middle game is still too slow, in this case because almost everyone is dead between the first and second circle, so the 20ish or so that are left can be spread out across a lot of terrain still. Essentially you have end game # of players (20ish) but only mid-game circle.

I think there is little question that the well known twitchers who are "partners" with Blue Hole asked for exactly this map, and they are happy with what they see so far. Which means this map is here to stay and the next one might be similar.

As for me, if I wanted a brawl I'd just drop in a hotzone on the old maps. At least with those maps I had a choice. With the new map, it sounds like almost every cluster of buildings is a hotzone. From what I've seen and read, the Training Center alone has between 25-30 people drop on it every game. That's more than Pecado, Hacienda, or the School, but not by much.

No one enjoys chasing the circle though, so that kind of lame experience should be reduced simply from the size of the map.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

2 gig patch.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I don't recall uninstalling the game... but at some point after I stopped playing, Steam stopped updating it and it doesn't show as available. I'm kind of glad this happened, given the regularity of huge patches.
Black Lives Matter

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

2 gig isn't really a huge patch. Thunder and I played the new map some more yesterday. They upped the loot spawns so it was a lot more fun. The map has TONS of cover so it's really a totally different beast compared to the other maps. It's much more of a sneaky sneak map which I like. It just is very early in the build as there's no furniture and a lot of the textures are missing. I think it will end up being my fav map when it's done.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Octavious wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 pmIt's much more of a sneaky sneak map which I like.
That plays into my wheelhouse. I loved stalking and sneaking when I played.
Black Lives Matter

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I literally walked right up to someone laying prone and didn't see them until they stood up. There's so much cover it's insane. I look forward to trying solo squads on that one. Pick off a player and vanish into the brush. :twisted:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Cort, Frey and I came within 1 body of a chicken dinner last night on the test server. Dude had the high ground with cover and moments after we dealt with another squad he picked me off and then Cort.

We were stuck on a plateau and the only cover was horizontal, not vertical.

That was a fun one, with lots of action.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The wife got 2nd place in 4-man last night, with two players on the other team. And she essentially did it solo, as the other three people died wandering into hot zone areas where she would not go.

She doesn't mike up, but she will team, she will revive you if she can, but if you wander into a hot zone, she will let you suffer the consequences of your own stupidity.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

So last night I had a situation with Goo, Cort, and Red (just in chat), where I could test my theory about my internet affecting my game. Goo and Cort died to two guys looting our drop, and I stalked them with a Kar and a shotgun. I missed all 6-7 shots at 100m with the Kar and a red Dot, but that of course could have been just me, even though they mostly looked pretty good. They finally found me, and I backed into a depression to reduce fire angles. Hearing one of them running to my position, I switched to the shotty and fired at her as she came over the rise. Her legs were dead in the cursor at 10 meters, and I also had a choke.

No damage. At all.

I watched the deathcam, and from her perspective I never even fired. At the end of the night, I reviewed the replay in slo-mo, from the side with the free-look camera. What happened was I did get the shot off, but it was mid-death animation, with the gun now pointing about 45 degrees up into the air. Very Action Movie-esque, really.

So I'm looking at maybe a 0.5 second delay. Troubling, because not only am I guaranteed to lose a fair knife fight, but even attempting to aim at moving targets isn't going to follow predictable game laws (I bring you back to the Kar shots, for example). And I will completely fail when it comes to trying to pick off someone moving from cover to close cover, because by the time I register it, fire, and account for the delay, they will be out of sight again in the game's eye.

I'm discouraged, and not really sure what to do if I want to keep playing.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I totally think your particular connection is causing you grief which is a bummer. This game is so quick between life and death that any kind of delay is a huge problem. Move? :lol: I know for a fact when we play on AS weird crap starts happening like getting hit behind walls and obvious hits not hitting etc.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They added a shotgun only event last night which is kind of cool until you realize that it's half baked like all the other events so far. For some reason that I can't understand there is no healing. So if you get clipped you are screwed. We played a few rounds and got bored due to this reason. :tjg:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

6.4 GB "patch" tonight.

I won't be playing tonight, as I don't want to download the patch during primetime and I really don't want to check out the test server right now.

I'll be around tomorrow if anyone wants to play.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Circle mechanics have totally changed. Make sure you read the notes. First circle is 5 minutes and then closes faster. Second circle is only like a minute and half and closes pretty quick etc. It quickly forces everyone into each other. We played a few on the test server and there's WAY more contact now. You have to loot and scoot now. I love it. Oh and the final circles collapse slower, but do more damage. I really really really love the changes. No more 15 minutes of looting and then 2 seconds of combat. :horse:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So they changed it to 5 minutes of looting and then 2 seconds of combat?

I'm not surprised, the top players absolutely hate the middle game.

As for me this might be enough to put me off the game. I can count on two hands the number of games where I survived 3 or more separate encounters, and I have hundreds of hours in the game. I really do enjoy the final circles the most, but if I have to fight my way through the other 99 players to get there, I'll never make it into the top 10 ever again.

That's cool though. I have gotten more than my money's worth out of it, and the fact that I could sell items for real dollars means I did even better.

I'll give it a good solid try before I decide on a verdict.

I hear fortnite is a pretty solid game. :wink:
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I tried to sign up for an Epicgames account yesterday, speaking of Fortnite. Site was down.