PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Redfive

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Redfive »

Paingod wrote:That's the element I'm missing maybe. I hear gunfire and go the other way.

I do enjoy the game. I'm just not sure the way I play is conducive to actually being good at it.
I'm not sure if you've posted a Steam handle to the thread, my apologies if you have and I missed it but I haven't seen a friend request come in and GreenGoo and I have been talking about trying to get you into a squad with us.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

If I'm on tonight it will not be until 9-10. Been playing too much and need to see the supposed people that live in my house with me. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Octavious wrote:Holy crap I'm kind of a dick in this game. :o
The only reason it's tolerable to me is that I'm only losing small chunks of time. I can't tolerate it when I lose hours or days of time to griefers.

Question: When I have a pan and someone shoots me, I sometimes hear a "Pang" like the bullet ricochets off it. Does that actually happen (is it preventing damage) or is it just a sound effect?

Second Question: I noted one night while wearing Level 3 everything that the blue death was only hurting me by slivers. Last night, it was chunks. Was the difference a gas mask? Does wearing the full mask actually prevent damage?
Redfive wrote:
Paingod wrote:That's the element I'm missing maybe. I hear gunfire and go the other way.

I do enjoy the game. I'm just not sure the way I play is conducive to actually being good at it.
I'm not sure if you've posted a Steam handle to the thread, my apologies if you have and I missed it but I haven't seen a friend request come in and GreenGoo and I have been talking about trying to get you into a squad with us.
The more I typed the below, the more rediculous it sounded. I don't know if I'm a useful team member in games like this.
Spoiler:
I'm afraid I'd be a handicap since I can't talk back - my wife is a very light sleeper and she's generally in bed by 9:00pm ET. As a result, I don't even own a mic. I'd need to install and set up (Discord?) and find your channel (not using in-game chat so other people don't hear you?). I'd happily follow orders - like way points on a map or quick instructions, but again - I wouldn't be able to lead. It complicates even simple things like "Hey, I found a great gun here - you should come get it!" since I can't say it. We'd have to establish that we each use whatever we find, or I'd have to use hand signals like repeatedly pinning a way point on the map to say "Follow me, I found something" ... In short - you'd have to treat me like a very "Special" voice-activated Bot. :oops:

But, yeah - I'd be up for it. I also understand if that sounds a little too onerous. I think I need to friend you guys in Steam before we get into the game. I'm Rackminster in-game and in-Steam. When I search for anyone I only ever see "Offline" next to their name, even when you tell me the next day that you were there all along.
Last edited by Paingod on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Paingod wrote:Second Question: I noted one night while wearing Level 3 everything that the blue death was only hurting me by slivers. Last night, it was chunks. Was the difference a gas mask? Does wearing the full mask actually prevent damage?
Gas mask has no in game effect at this time.

The pain of the blue circle increases with each circle and is higher when the circle has finished closing. You can go for along time outside the first circle. Outside the final circle you have a handful of seconds before it kills you.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

This is a PvP game, there is very little that I would consider being a dick in this game. Your job is to be a dick, really. There has only been one thing I have seen in this thread that made me think somebody was a dick...
Paingod wrote: A close second is when I was being chased by the blue wall, at 25% health, and knew there was no way I was going to make it. Someone started taking pot-shots at me from behind. Knowing I was dead, I opened my inventory and started throwing my items out left and right as I zigged and zagged. At the end, all I had was my backpack. When the wall killed me, I watched as someone came running up and looted me. My biggest achievement was not passing on the Level 3 helmet, Kar98, and ammo I had found in Georgopol.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The pan totally deflects bullets and is awesome. Always grab the pan.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Well, I was kind of a dick the other night...

Green and I jumped into the mansion and we noted that we had nearby company so we diverted to a cluster of nearby houses. We were busy looting the first house and another player ran up near me. I realized just as Green did that it was not him so he's telling me this guy is not him and to watch out and I'm frantically spamming 'F' to pick up the shot gun on the ground.

I got the gun but no ammo. So this guy starts taking swings at me and I ignore him to grab the 12gauge ammo. I try to avoid him while loading but he's got me down to about 50%.

I get it loaded and fire but miss him. He decides this is a losing proposition so he turns tail and I give chase firing as I go. I'm sure I winged him a couple of times and just as he runs through an open door I hit him enough to knock him down. I don't know where his partner is but this guy is on his knees just inside the building.

I casually walk up and get around in front of him, squat down and reload my shotgun right in his face. Then I just sat there for a few seconds pointing the gun in his face but not doing anything else, it was delicious. Of course I'm enjoying the hell out of this and tell Green about it just as I decide to finish the guy before his buddy shows up.

Green makes some comment about 'ahh I can't be part of that ..something..something'

I may have offended his Canadian sensibilities :lol: (GreenGoo is the most polite guy I have ever had the pleasure of playing a game with by the way)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nah I would have done the same thing. Heck I might of emptied the gun and dry fired it a few times. :lol: I got killed last night trying to finish someone I knocked down instead of worrying about his partners. I had a silenced m16 with a 4x scope. I was a sad panda after that. :P

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Here's the thing about Canadian sensibilities: we're a frugal people. We never waste a round when a simple buttstroke or curb stomp will serve to de-escalate the situation.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

coopasonic wrote:
This is a PvP game, there is very little that I would consider being a dick in this game. Your job is to be a dick, really. There has only been one thing I have seen in this thread that made me think somebody was a dick...
Paingod wrote: A close second is when I was being chased by the blue wall, at 25% health, and knew there was no way I was going to make it. Someone started taking pot-shots at me from behind. Knowing I was dead, I opened my inventory and started throwing my items out left and right as I zigged and zagged. At the end, all I had was my backpack. When the wall killed me, I watched as someone came running up and looted me. My biggest achievement was not passing on the Level 3 helmet, Kar98, and ammo I had found in Georgopol.
I just gained the "You're a Dick, Even by PvP Standards" achievement! :dance:
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Max Peck wrote:Here's the thing about Canadian sensibilities: we're a frugal people. We never waste a round when a simple buttstroke or curb stomp will serve to de-escalate the situation.
That said, apparently you guys have pretty legendary snipers. :)

There's very little in the way of gloating in this game (that I've seen).

It's certainly possible to turn on local voice chat and I imagine that can get pretty brutal but that was the first thing I disabled when I first played.

Anyway, I felt like I was a bad guy in a movie and it was pretty fun.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:Red, here's what little I have for that last run. It's pretty boring, unfortunately, but it does clearly show the grenade landing in your lap, so at least we got that on video. :D

Red and Green #2

I had turned off mic recording for my solo runs (it was creating white noise) and forgot to turn it back on for our team-ups. That's why Red is talking to himself in this video.
Hah, nice. Clearly I was holding in a lot of tension considering my reaction when I ate the grenade.

That was a fun round..alllmost made it.
Yep, that was a good round. Did you notice the giant bullet hole splashed with blood on the back of my lvl 2 helmet? Yeah, that one hurt.

Wasn't sure how you'd feel about leaving in your "outburst" at the end. I was going to cut it but honestly, it's just funny in a good way.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote:
The only reason it's tolerable to me is that I'm only losing small chunks of time. I can't tolerate it when I lose hours or days of time to griefers.

Question: When I have a pan and someone shoots me, I sometimes hear a "Pang" like the bullet ricochets off it. Does that actually happen (is it preventing damage) or is it just a sound effect?

Second Question: I noted one night while wearing Level 3 everything that the blue death was only hurting me by slivers. Last night, it was chunks. Was the difference a gas mask? Does wearing the full mask actually prevent damage?
Redfive wrote:

The more I typed the below, the more rediculous it sounded. I don't know if I'm a useful team member in games like this.
Spoiler:
I'm afraid I'd be a handicap since I can't talk back - my wife is a very light sleeper and she's generally in bed by 9:00pm ET. As a result, I don't even own a mic. I'd need to install and set up (Discord?) and find your channel (not using in-game chat so other people don't hear you?). I'd happily follow orders - like way points on a map or quick instructions, but again - I wouldn't be able to lead. It complicates even simple things like "Hey, I found a great gun here - you should come get it!" since I can't say it. We'd have to establish that we each use whatever we find, or I'd have to use hand signals like repeatedly pinning a way point on the map to say "Follow me, I found something" ... In short - you'd have to treat me like a very "Special" voice-activated Bot. :oops:

But, yeah - I'd be up for it. I also understand if that sounds a little too onerous. I think I need to friend you guys in Steam before we get into the game. I'm Rackminster in-game and in-Steam. When I search for anyone I only ever see "Offline" next to their name, even when you tell me the next day that you were there all along.

Personally I couldn't care less if our gameplay isn't pitch perfect because of a lack of communication. It's just fun to play with people, and I find the ability to create multiple lanes of fire, or distract while someone flanks, a lot more fun than peeking around a tree trying to hit the other guy's helmet before he hits mine. It's just more fun in general.

You'll still die to an invisible sniper, but you might have a chance to be rezzed. Of course the sniper will just turn on your teammates, but what the hell...

If you're worried about letting us down, don't worry about it. Of course we want to do well, but we play for fun, and if bad things happen, well, that's PUBG.

If you're worried about not being able to talk, don't worry about it. Of course we'd rather you participated in our hilarious banter, but it's not a pre-requisite.

If you prefer to play solo, then that's fine. Coop and Oct are clearly having a great time playing solo, and that's totally cool. Oct was going to join us the other night, but he had to wait for us to finish, and unfortunately that was a rather long wait as we made it to the final circle. You can play as any size team in the 4 man games, including solo, so if we only have 3, that's fine. There are plenty of opponents that aren't full teams. Firefights between groups of people actually make things more interesting, imo.

On Steam, Rackminster is listed as Erik and has 3 friends. I've shot you a friend invite.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote:
Green makes some comment about 'ahh I can't be part of that ..something..something'

I may have offended his Canadian sensibilities :lol: (GreenGoo is the most polite guy I have ever had the pleasure of playing a game with by the way)
Lol, I don't remember that, but if you were teabagging or taunting or something, then yeah, I probably stayed away. :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I agree that team play is something special. I just hate people and coordination and distraction and worrying about waking my wife, etc.

Warning: Even without a mic you might get in trouble because the shit these guys do and say will make you laugh out loud. :lol:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote: I just gained the "You're a Dick, Even by PvP Standards" achievement! :dance:
My first reaction was "that's awesome". Then I thought about it for awhile. My conclusion is "that's awesome". You don't owe anyone your loot, or an easy time. It is a true full blown anything goes pvp environment. I don't condone engaging in exploits or anything outside the world's mechanics, but dumping your crap on the ground so the guy is exposed if he wants to pick it up? Absolutely.

When I'm about to die to the circle and I see a guy right in front of me, who might or might not make the circle, I shoot that effer in the back. If I'm going down, I'm taking someone with me. I fail to see how dumping your crap all over the place is somehow worse than that.

Same goes for final circle. If I'm getting my butt shot off, but have a way to ruin the shooter's chances at a chicken dinner, then I'm doing it. If it means pulling a grenade and holding it, hoping he loots my body, then I'm doing it. I'm perfectly fine with acting as a spoiler.

Also, as Red points out, there is local chat. There is a LOT of trash talk in that. Rages, racism, profanity. It's a mess of adolescent angst and anger. As with Red, turning that off was the very first thing I did when I entered my first game. That said, I've seen videos where strangers have some very funny exchanges, so it's not all a cess pool. Just most of it. :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote:I agree that team play is something special. I just hate people and coordination and distraction and worrying about waking my wife, etc.

Warning: Even without a mic you might get in trouble because the shit these guys do and say will make you laugh out loud. :lol:
Well we hate you too, but we like it when you shoot the bad guys for us. :P
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Trying to recover your health in the second last circle (probably) with 25 bandages, sucks.

Ah well.
stessier

Post by stessier »

The forum effect is strong on this one. And I have nothing to do tonight. I think I'll watch some gameplay vids first. $30 is a lot for pre-access...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I have over 100 hours in two weeks. It's awesome. Buy it kill people with us.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, it's a solid game fort early access, if you enjoy killing people. :twisted: It's basically the hunger games with assault rifles.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Grabbed a #3. Was thinking I had a serious shot at #1 because the circle had gone my way multiple times and I was in a location with almost no los to anything but I could see most of the circle through the magic of 3rd person camera. Yet a dude flanked me and killed me with me never knowing he was there. Admittedly I was taking the coward's way to the final 3 by hiding, but I really wish I could have caught my attacker in my camera. I still have no idea how he managed to get where he must have been without me seeing him.

In any case, he won the match, so I guess I can't feel too bad about it.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

stessier wrote:The forum effect is strong on this one. And I have nothing to do tonight. I think I'll watch some gameplay vids first. $30 is a lot for pre-access...
In many even most ways you can't tell it's early access.

It's a great time as a squad.
Brian

Post by Brian »

This is going to end exactly how you think it's going to and yes, it's just as satisfying as you imagined it would be.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Winner winner chicken dinner! Finally!!!! Awesome match. I'll post the video in a few. I heart the kar in the final circle. :twisted: I certainly got lucky a few times, but the one shot kills with the kar are what won it for me. Since it's just one quick shot it doesn't totally draw attention to me. And I got lucky the guy didn't shoot me on the bike. Probably silly that I did that, but I really wanted to get to that hill. 8-)

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Forum effect in ... effect. I look forward to hearing that you've all grown bored with it and moved on to other games.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

120 hours... I can't stop playing. This game is awesome. Still uploading.

Link for when it finally finishing processing.

https://youtu.be/AzU6Fmp-u8o

My wife was on the phone with her sister when I screamed out WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER. She was like wtf is wrong with your husband. :lol:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Looks like I'm a non-starter. I've tried every trick I have read about, and I cannot get the lobby to load properly. Little bits and pieces of the Lobby will appear on the screen, but never even remotely a coherent picture, and I certainly can't move. I am suspicious this is somehow related to my slow broadband, and all the resources just aren't making it over. If it is related to the latest NVIDIA driver then I'm still hosed, because I installed that specifically since it was made for TW: Warhammer 2, and that game has priority!

I did get to experience a tiny bit of the tension you guys have discussed. Once, just once, when I was staring at the nebulous, morphing lobby, a loud gunshot jolted through my speakers. I jumped. :)
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That's really odd. I have had zero issue and I really doubt your connection is that slow. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Octavious wrote:That's really odd. I have had zero issue and I really doubt your connection is that slow. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
Yes. The closest I ever had to progress was one time I put my settings at "very low" and I actually a few people spawn in. Again, no movement on my part or theirs.

My PC specs are more than adequate. i7-6600K, 16 Gig Ram, 1070 NVidia card. Windows 10.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My rig is past the point of being able to play at full resolution, so I should be quarantined from group play. I have managed three kills to my ~20 deaths. Two pistol kills at close range, plus an M15 kill at ~25 meters.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Try this thread. It has to be something dumb jacking it up.
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/to ... ive-guide/
Last edited by Octavious on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Octavious wrote:Try this thread. It has to be something dumb jacking it up.
URL tags needed.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya couldn't edit it on the phone app sigh. Just fixed it.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Do the RP totals reset every week, or just the box cost?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just costs. You keep your points. It is early access and it's possible there will be a reset at some point.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I have established my issue is somehow associated with my Router. I can load up the outdoor lobby using my Verizon Hotspot. This tells me that my problem is Router or ISP based, most likely the former. I know how to get into my Router online, but really don't know what to do to fix things. I have read that PUBG uses ports 80, 81, and 443. I have attempted, with Google's help, to forward those ports. If I forward just 443, I can get to an incompletely loaded lobby with static figures popping in, but no other Love. If I also forward 80 and 81, I go right back to my initial poorly loaded, poorly rendered lobby.

Any guidance?
Thank you!
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Try putting your pc in the DMZ of the router (i.e. No protection for that pc...use only for testing). I guess you say you already know it's the router...

Wish I could be of more help. I'm trying to go through something similar with Arma 3.

Dealing with port forwarding is so 2003
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

80 is standard http and 443 is https. Not sure what 81 is off the top of my head. Google says its part of the IP protocol, so standard stuff. Point being, your router should already be allowing connections to those ports remotely, and I doubt they are required on the inside (i.e. outside connections coming into your pc on those ports).

As Redfive suggested, you can put the pc in the DMZ, which should remove the router from the equation. If you're still having trouble, then it's something else. Obviously double check the windows firewall, but to the best of my knowledge it either allows all connections for a program or disallows all (barring some more intricate rule building) so you wouldn't get partially loaded.

Have you tried picking a server in a different geoloc? Wouldn't hurt to try them all to see if you get different results elsewhere. If you have, sorry for the repetition.

How do you error out? Things partially load and then what happens? PUBG freezes? Crashes to desktop? kicks you back to the main screen?