PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm going to get a few rounds in. I'm logged into discord if anyone wants to join.

edit: I'll be back on tonight around 10pm est.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I. Am. A. god.

Briefly, anyways. I continue to be a useless piece of baggage in this game, generally dying in any given encounter. HOWEVER, this afternoon I opted to dive for the ruins... having remembered my last trip there, the only gun to be found was in the Half-Ampitheater on the hill, so I aimed for that. Somehow, some Dude beat me to it, so I hastily veered off to another portion of the ruins. As the last time, I kept finding little accessories but no weapons. Oh, what's this? A pistol? Thank God. I'm saved. :roll: Nonetheless, I started making my way towards the amphitheater in hopes of glory or death. To my amazement, I spot the guy quite a distance from me, next to a wall. I can't range it for you, but in my pistol sights he was only "this big" (holds up two fingers). Hold breath, three shots later he's down. Long range, some un-modified pistol (9mm ammo) and he even had a level 2 vest and a helmet. *Very* satisfying, in light of my poor ratio of engagements. I later engaged another guy who I heard drive up to the ruins, with my typical lack of success at even hitting, and then later died running outside of the play zone (#19). Rather anti-climatic, but the pistol kill was nice.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I had a guy drive up to a 5-building outpost that I was looting. After freaking out and hiding in a bush for a minute, I came out and peeked around. Never saw the guy, and I wasn’t looking to engage, so I just stole his truck.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I love stealing peoples' vehicles.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I've managed to get worse as of late. I think I need a break. I can't hit someone two feet from me.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Found a guy looting in the power station. He was just standing there. I actually thought he was afk or desynced or something. Then he moved. Then I put 7 bullets into his back before he could react. He had a level 3 backpack and lvl 3 helmet and a Kar.

I died before I could reach the circle. Thanks for the awesome gear, dead guy. I put it to great use.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Any tips on using the crossbow?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Don’t...?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:57 amDon’t...?
Generally good advice for the crossbow. It's the slowest ranged weapon in the game - listed at 160m/s. A 9mm pistol or VSS Sniper Rifle is 300m/s. A Mini-14 is 990m/s.

What that adds up to is lead time on your shots being wildly different. At 100m, you need about 1 character width lead to hit someone running with a Mini-14. You need about 3 character widths to hit someone with a VSS. You need about 6 character widths to hit someone with a crossbow - way out in front of them. At 200m, that's 2 widths for the Mini-14, 6 for the VSS, and 12 for the Crossbow.

The upside is perfect silence and very high damage - I think it can kill an unarmored person in one shot, regardless of a head shot. It's a weapon to use on people who aren't moving, or who are close enough that it doesn't matter. I've wondered how well it would do in the last circle where distance isn't a problem, but noise is a huge concern.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I figured out my problem. It was trying to play first person. I kept forgetting to go into aiming as it already kind of looks like you are aiming lol. So I went back to third person mode and cranked out like 4 top 10's in a row. A nice 4 kill round cured me.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:51 pm Found a guy looting in the power station. He was just standing there. I actually thought he was afk or desynced or something. Then he moved. Then I put 7 bullets into his back before he could react. He had a level 3 backpack and lvl 3 helmet and a Kar.

I died before I could reach the circle. Thanks for the awesome gear, dead guy. I put it to great use.
He was most likely in map or inventory mode.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:57 am Don’t...?
I've reported this post as a hacked account. There's no links or pictures or anything!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Freyland wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm
I've reported this post as a hacked account. There's no links or pictures or anything!
:lol:

Gamepedia
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

UsulofDoom wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:55 am
GreenGoo wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:51 pm Found a guy looting in the power station. He was just standing there. I actually thought he was afk or desynced or something. Then he moved. Then I put 7 bullets into his back before he could react. He had a level 3 backpack and lvl 3 helmet and a Kar.

He was most likely in map or inventory mode.
Yes.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

How the xbow works
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

34 hp xp, no kills. You guys would have been proud of me. I spotted a guy at range, used my 4x scope on my m16, hit him 3 times while he was ducking and weaving, at about 200m I'd say. Pretty much unheard of for me.

I also hit a guy in the last #10, and while I was pretty sure I hit him in the head, it must have been his neck or something because he didn't drop despite only having a lvl 1 helmet.

I died shortly after while eating some painkillers. 1 shot, Mk14. Down I go. It was a bit annoying because it came from a direction that I was heavily surveying. I'd like to think that if I hadn't been self medicating I would have seen him. The circle was minuscule at that point, and he would have been out of the play area when it closed, and I wouldn't have been. Meaning he would have had to move and I wouldn't have, so I might have seen him then.

Ah well, another top #5. I can't seem to break #3.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Good job, Goo!

According to that link posted by Not-Isgrimnur, the Red dot sight and the holo sight just "increase rate of ADS by 20%". Any particular benefit to one over the other if they say the same thing on the tin?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holographic sight obscures your vision more, while the red dot is tiny and easier to aim, imo. Always red dot if you have a choice.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Yup red dot is better than the holo and the 2x because you can see better. I do WAYYYYY better with a red dot.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Nothing special tonight. Standard loot, chase circle, get shot by someone I don't see. Picked a fight outside of the circle and lost it. I had an 8x scope. Not my best showing. Got shot in the head driving to the bridge.

Nothing higher than about 10-20 or so.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Not tired of playing at all, just have been tied up in the evenings of late.

I'm sure you were all wondering.

:ninja:
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Redfive wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:29 pm Not tired of playing at all, just have been tied up in the evenings of late.

Redfive? Darn! I was actually hoping to find "Top Five" in this game. :mrgreen:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm having fun, but I don't feel like I'm getting much better which kind of stinks. Oh well. I really want the vaulting system to get released. And the new map.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:29 pm Not tired of playing at all, just have been tied up in the evenings of late.

I've been logging into discord in case you, or anyone, was interested in playing team games. I've been playing more solos lately and I think I'm improving a little. 90% of my success is simply avoiding others, but occasionally I get the drop on someone and actually live through it, which is an improvement.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

M16 headshot lvl 2 helmet, target goes prone, m16 bodyshot, 1 kill. Yay. I run up and lie down to loot. Hey, he's got an 8x and a 4x. Great. Wait, is that footsteps? Holy shit, stop looking at your inventory, roll over, get your gun pointed in the right direction...a full uzi clip in my back from point blank range in the middle of a grassy hill. How embarrassing.

Oh well, I was tired of chasing the freakin' circle anyway. It was always spawning on the far edge of the last one. Spent most of the game running full tilt empty handed.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I made great strides this week. Especially yesterday. I've been focusing on getting better at close combat. Before I went to sleep I dropped in the military base town and wiped out 4 people. Got killed on the bridge but a lot of that was that I had to go to sleep and was just screwing around. The main thing is to be more aggressive. I had a sweet kill where I leapt off a building behind someone and gave them a shotgun to the head. So satisfying. :)

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Nice. I've had more CQC too, although it's usually just 1 or 2 other guys dropping in the same area and then things are quiet (because I'm dead :P or they are). I had a fun fight in Katrina where a middle range shootout occurred between rooftops using Uzis of all things. We both took damage, we both retreated to heal up and then we both stalked each other. I'm sad to say I lost that one, mostly because I got turned around and while I was getting my bearings, the dude found me. We're talking a split second distraction and that was it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GreenGoo wrote:Spent most of the game running full tilt empty handed.
I call those Forrest Gump matches.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I've gotten quite good at avoiding the endless circle runs. Sure sometimes it happens, but generally after I land I do a quick check of the circle. If it's WAYYYYY off I loot much faster and hightail it to a vehicle. I ditch the vehicle after I get to the second circle. They make too much noise and are a magnet for death.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

2 of us at the hospital, on different sides. I loot up pretty well, then go hunting. But there was all this really tasty loot lying around, and of course I stop to pick it up. I was "sure" he wasn't in this wing, as I just cleared it. I would love to know where he came from.

Anyway, even after I reminded myself I was hunting and not looting, I got myself killed while in the inventory screen. Ugh.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Last 10, I'm wedged between a rock and the circle wall, in a nice V shaped niche. I have full view along the circle in both directions, and am completely covered from the center of the circle. I even have a little rock shelf above my head, which "should" protect me from someone climbing the rock. I have a 4x scope, so I can see pretty much everything.

Suddenly I die to a M249 at what felt like close range. Reviewing the video, I have no idea where he is. The camera pulls back from my body and shows a little of the rock above me. Nothing. I don't normally whine about cheating, and this guy probably wasn't either, but man, where the hell was he? There are sparks off the rock, which to me means he was firing from outside the circle, which is possible, I suppose. I did cast my glance that way multiple times, but admittedly I wasn't looking very hard.

Hmmm. Gonna check the video again.

Edit: Well I can't see him. I'm uploading the video now. A free scope to the first person who can spot my killer. I'll post the URL when it's done.

Edit: Let's play find the shooter. Take a look at this and let me know if you see my killer.

M249 Killer
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

2 gig patch.

edit: Fastest 2 gigs I've seen from Steam in awhile.

edit2: And...lol. Server is telling me I've got 2.6.39 and that I should update to 2.6.36 to join a game.

So that's fun.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Did that to me, I closed and restarted Steam, didn't get the message again, but it won't connect. No shootyface for me this evening.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That's because they aren't done yet. Said it would be down 10PM-11PM ET. God I wish they would stop with the crappy time. I purposely started something at 9:58 to maximize my time. :lol: Got a sweet kill. Watched a guy loot an entire town. When I saw he was just about done I sauntered up around the corner. He jumped in his car and was promptly executed. The only bummer was I didn't get him before he started moving and his car bumped me hurting me pretty badly. Worth it!

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:24 pmEdit: Let's play find the shooter. Take a look at this and let me know if you see my killer.

M249 Killer
I didn't see him, but it sounded like he was on top of you - as in, it looks like you're next to a cliff and he might have been on the ledge above. I think "sparks" spray in the direction a shot comes from, not away from - and those sparks spraying off you are towards the rock face.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You are probably right, and that was my first instinct as well. I don't think I heard any footsteps on the rock though, and there is an overhang that somewhat conceals me at certain times, although I fully admit to moving around enough to become exposed to the top of the rock at times. When the camera zooms out after my death, the killer, if he was on the top of the rock, has already moved on. I would think moving into the circle (and away from my camera) would leave him exposed shortly after firing a very loud machine gun, but who knows.

In any case, it's not the first time I've died without seeing my killer, but it was one of the more frustrating ones.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I really hope they add a kill cam in the final version. It's so annoying to have no idea how you were killed. Last game of the night I was in the final 7 and was moving around looking for people and bam kar to the head. :lol: I've played so much that I don't really get all that amped up anymore. I might try out the mode in fortnite on the PS4, but I doubt I will like it nearly as much. It's free so shrug might as well.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yep, there are a few competitors coming up.

I would like a kill cam too, but with their concerns about stream sniping (or whatever they call it) and cheating in general, I'm not sure how they'd feel about unveiling someone. I think it would be extremely tough to cheat by passing that information along to someone else, not to mention that if you DID see him, you can just as easily (i.e. not easily) convey that information to someone else, so...why not have a kill cam?
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

What maps do you guys recommend? I been using this one.

If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:22 pm I might try out the mode in fortnite on the PS4, but I doubt I will like it nearly as much. It's free so shrug might as well.
I've played the Fortnite version. PUBG is much better (and I've played a stupid amount of regular Fortnite).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter