PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo »

Congrats. I got another 3rd the other day.

Was the easiest 3rd place evar.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Goo, I'm just parked on discord while I feed critters. If you or others are game, honk loudly or whatnot.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, I just played a couple of solo games actually. I'll get on discord.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Got a good group going tonight! :) Came close to getting a chicken dinner in two of them. I choked on both. :(
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Of course, the rest of the team was dead long before Octavious had a chance at the big money, so I think choke is a bit strong.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya I was just bummed that I focused and ran around like brave sir robin the entire time and then didn't notice there was only 1 person left. I probably had a perfect spot too. Oh well.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Good time. Can't wait for my new rig.

I loved the coconut trot sounds for sir robin when he ran away! :D
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

UsulofDoom wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:38 pm Good time. Can't wait for my new rig.

I loved the coconut trot sounds for sir robin when he ran away! :D
:dance:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Got a kill with the VSS firing from the hip. :D

There was no time to switch weapons.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Winner winner chicken dinner. Frey, Doom and I just won one! :horse: 8 kills between us all. I didn't choke this time on the last guy.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sweet! Way to go guys!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

New record for me. 443m headshot with kar98 and 8x scope.

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Octavious wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:31 am Winner winner chicken dinner. Frey, Doom and I just won one! :horse: 8 kills between us all. I didn't choke this time on the last guy.
Nice work!
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Octavious wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:34 pm New record for me. 443m headshot with kar98 and 8x scope.
Dude.

Where do we get that info from?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

go into the leaderboard and then statistics.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

14 rounds
6 kills (seems low, things have been going pretty good lately)
46m longest kill :D
~1,100 total damage done. That's a lot of damage for only 6 kills.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Octavious wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:31 am Winner winner chicken dinner. Frey, Doom and I just won one! :horse: 8 kills between us all. I didn't choke this time on the last guy.
That was great. Octaviouse was able to revive Frey and eat their chicken dinner. Since I was dead about 14 kills before the end but did get two kills, they scraped their plates on my grave. Thanks guys!
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Enjoyed playing last night with Redfive, Goo, Doom in various arrangements, depending on bedtimes. Once I was on my own, I had two very disappointing games, followed by my first foray on to the Asian server. Snuck through an entire city to stay ahead of the circle, without being shot. Found a cycle, drove madly past combat zones to get to the next circle. Jumped off, watched a guy park his car to get out and engage someone, used my 8x scope on a Mini to plug him (too many bullets). Then, I presume the guy he was engaging got into his own UAZ and drove right past the corpse of the first. I tried miserably to hit him when he was close and perpendicular to me, but at 247 meters I managed to headshot him! Just sat there grinning as I watched his vehicle through the scope coast forward into a building. Did it long enough that some dude snuck up on me and headshot me with his AKM. Oops. As he looted my body, I just sat there and thought to myself, "worth it".

Played two rounds this afternoon, both times lost in close combat with someone. I mean, like <10 meters. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Even with my misses, I would think the number of bullets that appeared to hit would be sufficient. Frustrated.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I mainly attempt center of mass shots because that's a challenge for me. Headshots are rare unless they are a noob and standing still, or I get lucky with a burst shot that climbs up from torso to head (this happens a lot actually).

Without the headshot multiplier, the body can take a fair bit of damage. And if they have lvl 2 or especially 3 body armour, it can take multiple shots to kill someone. I've hit people 2 or 3 times in the body with an AKM ( 7.62mm) and had them live long enough to kill me.

While the damage variance between weapons and calibres is not huge, it's enough that when combined with armour can create a spread where one gun will kill someone in 3 shots while another is 4 and yet another is 5.

This is why Octavious hates the VSS, and I don't blame him. It takes too many shots to put someone down with a 9mm round. As for me, I love the VSS because it's an extremely accurate and quiet gun, and it increases my chances of even hitting a target once before I die. That's a big deal for me.

I guess I'm saying you're not alone in hitting people multiple times and they still don't die. I'm about 50/50 in CQC this month, and most of the ones I lose, I've hit the target but they either have a bigger gun, or headshot me, or I have no armour yet.

I've said it before, getting a kill with a shotgun is incredibly satisfying. Even when I shotgunned you Frey at close range, part of me was like "Yes!" *fist pump* :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Oh, something I wanted to mention because I thought it was cool, is that I was in a gun fight at about 40-50m, using am AKM (7.62mm). I tend to watch the video of these encounters in slow motion. Well, in this particular encounter, I have the sight on his center of mass, pull the trigger and hit him. I pull the trigger again, but this time horizontal recoil kicked the barrel sideways and my shot went wide. By the time I pulled the trigger again I was back to center of mass.

I just thought it was cool. The AKM is known for it's extreme horizontal recoil compared to the other assault rifles in the game (which are all 5.56mm I believe), and in this case I could watch it in action as it kicked me off target.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Kill of the night. Camping in an apartment building when I spot someone in the other building. Unload a clip from my micro into him and he didn't pop out again. Circle is going to move south soon so I quickly ran out the back of my building around to the back of his. I open the shed and wait with a scar and an 8x scope. Sure enough he pops out and I unload on him. He somehow didn't die and hid in the little nook near the door. Anytime he pops out an inch I take a shot effectively trapping him. We sit there for a good 2-3 minutes before the circle overtakes us. He's still waiting hoping I will give up. Finally I get annoyed and switch to my red dot and charge. He pops out and I promptly kill him. I love it when a plan works out.

wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Buyer beware on the Xbox version. Early reddit impressions are pretty negative, even ignoring issues with connecting to the game. They're saying the framerate is inconsistent and hits 30fps at best. The lack of aim assist combined with the low framerate makes for a lot of firefights where nobody is hitting anything. There are some odd control scheme choices, like holding down X to reload (a quick X press is reserved for picking up loot) and double tapping left trigger to aim down sights. Inventory management sounds clunky.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'll never get how they handle aiming in the PC version. Why in holy hell can I not make it so that I can hold down to aim? I would do A LOT better if they gave us that one darn option. It makes quick scoping so much easier and it's just more intuitive to me. :grund: As for the xbox. They have to put some kind of aim assist. It's just too damn hard to hit at long range without it. Of course the aim assist in battlefield 1 is easily gameable. I can clean house with the Martini Henry because of it.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Firefights without ever hitting anything? Well crap.... It seems I've been playing this on the XBone all along!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Freyland wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:42 pm Firefights without ever hitting anything? Well crap.... It seems I've been playing this on the XBone all along!
+1
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Since the last wipe I'm closing in on a 1 to 1 K/d ratio in First Person Solo and a 24% top 10. Mix in me just screwing around some and I'd say I've gotten much better than when I started. My biggest weakness now isn't the close quarters. It's the tree to tree fighting. I just suck at it. I lose like every time. :grund: I get that sorted out and I think I'm a pretty annoying person to run into in the game 8-)

Kind of related. Did they stop updating pubg.me? My stats are 2 months old. :?

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Watching you in action the other night, I can say with confidence that you have significantly improved. One of the key improvement areas is just situational awareness and what is likely to happen next, based on what you know. That comes with experience and while everyone has some intuitive abilities in this area, nothing can replace just sheer hours spent in similar situations to teach you wisdom. You're much more experienced now and it shows.

re: Pubg.me

I had the same thought recently so I did a google search for PUBG statistics and found this site:

GG's stats in the current season
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I can't play when any of the kids are in the room. They are so loud that it impacts my ability to hear things in game, even with headphones.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious, here are your stats:

Oct's PUBG stats this season

Says your in the top 1000 in solo FPP.

Well done. :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:26 pm I can't play when any of the kids are in the room. They are so loud that it impacts my ability to hear things in game, even with headphones.
I freak out when the kids are upstairs and I hear them stomping around... like, wtf, someone is on the roof?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

TOP 10 RATE 20.0% - TOP 35 %

K/D RATIO 0.03 - TOP 91 %
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Got headshot off my bike crossing the island bridge going somewhere north of 150 km/hr. Me and the bike slid the rest of the way across the bridge. That was pretty spectacular.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

After enjoying some squad action with you guys last night, I played a few Duo's with strangers. Of course, both times the other guy didn't have a mic. I just started speaking using the ingame chat and hoped for the best. Works. First guy placed a marker when I suggested it, stuck around me while we looted, brought us a motorcycle. Then died for his troubles when I drove us over rough territory next to a guy who was just leaving a house. The second case was... different. He marked the prison, which I thought was going to go poorly. No one else landed, so we were just running about. I mentioned that I didn't have any body armor yet, but had a Kar and an 8X scope. Suddenly he shot at me! I said I didn't know if he was trying to tell me something or team kill me (for my Kar/scope?) but I guess I'd find out. Kept looting, he ran up to me, dropped his level 2 vest at my feet, and ran back to the main prison building. (awww). I said thanks, followed. Got there, ran in, saw another level 2 vest. Mentioned it, but he was just standing there outside the door, wide open. I didn't know if he was AFK, lagging or waiting on something, but it was definitely a bad spot. Dropped my vest at his feet, went back in for the second. Then he gets shot (sans vest). That seemed to be enough to get him moving, but we ended up getting flanked and screwed in the house we were at because he hadn't armored up and I got knocked out before I could figure out where the shooter was. I really don't know what happened there... I think his actions were intentional since he "woke up" the moment he was shot, but I don't get what he was doing. Back to single player after that.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wow I had no idea I was doing that well. Very cool. I saw that Shroud was saying it took 1,200 hours to get the map down pat. I'm nowhere near that amount.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I have a hundred hours and we went to 2 places last night that I'd never been to before.

Of course you tend to go where you know, so unless the circle pushes you somewhere new, people tend to stay to places they recognize.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Just had my best performance to date. Second place with 4 kills. I had a shot at the chicken dinner but I missed the shot. :( I got a couple kills with the SKS with a 4x scope though and that made me happy. No idea on range, it was late match so couldn't have been far... and one of the kills was point blank, 5 rounds to the chest of some poor schlub that stumbled over me with like 8 people left.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I got a 2nd place earlier. He headshotted me as we both were going toward a berm from opposite sides. He made it over first.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

628 kind of wish I hadn't seen that.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

3rd person is SOOOOO much easier for me now. Played a few rounds and came close to winning almost all of them. :lol: Going to run through that tomorrow for a bit. :dance:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

My daughter was watching me play for a bit last night and I was giving her a play by play of what I thought other players were doing and what I was planning. The best part was that I kept on running up to buildings where people parked cars and then hid. I was like oh look a car I wonder if anyone is in there? ;) I circled the one building and didn't see anyone. This only left one room that I couldn't spot from outside. The bathroom. So I just saunter in and shoot the guy and walk back out. :lol: Not 5 minutes later I come up to another building with someone parked next to it. Wait around for a minute and they run right in front of me. Took them out with a quick burst from my m16. I think 90% of this game is knowing what people are going to do. 10% is just being able to aim halfway straight. Which sadly I fail at a lot of times. :tjg: