PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious »

Ya I've seen more then a few questionable things the last two days or so which sucks. Still having fun with it, but man I wish there was a way to totally stop that crap. I got my daughter a copy of the game and ran around with her for a few hours yesterday. It was frustrating at points which is to be expected, but she learns these things super quick. I wouldn't be shocked to see her running circles around me in a month. Maybe less. :lol:

The best part is when she started acting like we were on a hunting show with a father and daughter. :lol: I ended up killing two people with a kar98. People heard us and they quickly took her out as she wandered in front of me. I took the one guy out and was BADLY hurt. I knew I couldn't win a gunfight in my condition and realized I was standing next to a buggy. Jumped in and promptly ran over the remaining guy. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh and speaking of ESP. That's probably the hardest thing to really prove out. There were two times last night where I did something that would have set peoples red flags off and it was all just being aware of my surroundings.

This is me trying to avoid work today. :)

Example 1: Desert Map
I was landing in a town and noticed that someone pulled WAY too early on their chute. I landed, grabbed a Tommy Gun and ran back outside to the exact spot he was just vaulting over a fence. It didn't end well for him. ;) I remembered where the chute was going and figured he would book it in a straight line towards the town. It's so fun when you are right. :lol:

Example 2: Old Map
I have a poor man loot route that I use to drop into the middle of the map. I drop at the gas station that is NW over the bridge from YAS. The route is to hit the 4-5 buildings in that area. You end up with decent loot and always have a good spot on the circle. AKA tons of escape routes. Doesn't work for squads, but for solo it's great. Anyway...

I landed at the gas station and there was a UMP and 3 clips of ammo. I load up and watch as a truck drives past me down the road. I hear it stop so I book it to check. He stopped the truck to switch to a motorcycle and was punching the tires out of the truck like a pro. Gets on the bike and I unload a clip into him. He must of been PISSED! :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Last week I played so much I learned you can only get 6 loot crates a week.

I'm seeing the old map a lot more the last couple days and I generally do better on it so I like that. I am getting better with the new map, but still learning my way around. 4 kills on my way to second place last night and 3 of those kills were in the top 10. If I had been more patient it would have been a win. I had the better position in the circle and the other player had to come up the hill to me. I guess I got excited and unloaded prematurely. I locked the replay so I should be able to make a video of it when I get around to it.
Last edited by coopasonic on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:10 am Last week I played so much I learned you can only get 56 loot crates a week.

*boggle*

How many points does that take? I never have more than 3k points and I never buy more than 2 crates a week because of the cost increases.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

6... 6 loot crates. :D That's what I get for not proof-reading.

1: 700
2: 1400
3: 2800
4: 4200
5: 5600
6: 7000
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:10 am 4 kills on my way to second place last night and 3 of those kills were in the top 10. If I had been more patient it would have been a win. I had the better position in the circle and the other player had to come up the hill to me. I guess I got excited and unloaded prematurely. I locked the replay so I should be able to make a video of it when I get around to it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hey coop, I can't play the video and when I check your channel I don't see anything recent. Is the video set to private?

Also I watched your Spartan sprint video and enjoyed the commentary.

Personally I'd like to hear more about your state of mind and fatigue levels at various points. I'd definitely like to know the weights of everything. I realize you didn't know either.

Do you have a write-up of you're training leading up to the event?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

This video is unavailable.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ta da! Thanks.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:05 pm Hey coop, I can't play the video and when I check your channel I don't see anything recent. Is the video set to private?
Fixed. Yeah it was set to private. I've never done that before so not sure what happened.
GreenGoo wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:05 pmAlso I watched your Spartan sprint video and enjoyed the commentary.

Personally I'd like to hear more about your state of mind and fatigue levels at various points. I'd definitely like to know the weights of everything. I realize you didn't know either.

Do you have a write-up of you're training leading up to the event?
On the Spartan video, my state of mind would probably have been something like this... "Jesus Christ, more stairs!" with a side "oh god, I am going to die." As far as weights go, the water cans were heavy, the concrete block was heavy, the sand bags were heavy, the rope pull thing was oh my god heavy. The spear was surprisingly light. If I can get my back issues worked out, I'd like to do an outdoor spartan, but I won't do a stadium event again. There's something disappointing about a mud run that has no mud.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

When I used to run, I was constantly evaluating my legs and lungs, with fatigue coming in spurts and then some minor recovery as I slow down to rest. I'm pretty much constantly monitoring myself with 1/2 my brain and daydreaming with the other half.

That's just how I work, so it might have been cool to hear commentary along the lines of "ok, seriously fatigued here, slowing my pace to recover" etc. You did mention when you were happy to get a rest that you had no control over (so you didn't need to feel guilty, I assume :D)

Did you do anything special to train? Find a nice high set of stairs to run? What did you do for upper body? Anything special or just standard workout stuff?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:10 am Last week I played so much I learned you can only get 6 loot crates a week.

I'm seeing the old map a lot more the last couple days and I generally do better on it so I like that. I am getting better with the new map, but still learning my way around. 4 kills on my way to second place last night and 3 of those kills were in the top 10. If I had been more patient it would have been a win. I had the better position in the circle and the other player had to come up the hill to me. I guess I got excited and unloaded prematurely. I locked the replay so I should be able to make a video of it when I get around to it.
I like how it's all "oh well, second place again, ho hum".

I just recently got a solo FPP second place and it was damn near the pinnacle of my PUBG gaming, in that I couldn't lean on my team mates. I made a number of smart moves that I normally would have just barged through due to impatience, even if I do say so myself. I only got 1 kill and it was in the final 10, but it wasn't so much my kill that I'm proud of, rather it's a non-kill that I had the willpower not to pull the trigger. Not pulling that trigger allowed a number of events to cascade leaving me in a highly favourable position.

The kill was all about mobility and positioning, rather than skillful marksmanship.

I really hurt the #1 winner, and from my perspective the last shot I fired should have been a headshot, but maybe it was still in the air when he killed me. I mistakenly thought there were 3 players left when there were only 2. I had the winner located and missed a couple of opportunities when he was exposed because I was trying to place the 3rd player (who no longer existed) before I made a move.

I did throw some random grenades (1 frag, 1 stun) in an attempt to flush him, but it didn't have the effect I wanted. Also my aim wasn't great, as I was throwing at nearly the maximum distance you can throw from a crouched position.

Was a fun one, just because I knew what was going on most of the final fight, and died to someone I was shooting at, which is a nice change from being killed from off camera.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Nothing like watching the replay to take the wind out of your sails. :(
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I had two matches in a row where I meleed my first opponent to death with my fists. Weird.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

This is only a little on-topic, sorry.
Goo, did you get my PM from yesterday or this evening? I noticed both are still sitting in my Outbox, and usually you send back at least another copy of that Restraining Order. Not sure what's wrong with the system ATM.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Not sure what happened Frey. I got both today though. Will check in shortly.

edit: No one around. I'm gonna fiddle with another game, but I'll stay in discord.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

My apologies to Goo, Thunderball, and especially Octavious for having to listen to me bitch tonight. An off night for an off week.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:39 pm Did you do anything special to train? Find a nice high set of stairs to run? What did you do for upper body? Anything special or just standard workout stuff?
A better thread for the topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69981&p=2533964#p2533964
GreenGoo wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:48 pm I like how it's all "oh well, second place again, ho hum"
I got second place with zero kills in one of my first couple dozen matches. At this point it is comical how many second place finished I have. Oh and it isn't totally ho-hum. I posted about it and even made a video. That is an event.

I checked back through the thread, bought 9/20, second place 9/21. 3 months, 113 hours played still no chicken dinner.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Steam says I have 72 hours in PUBG which, not counting MMOs named WoW, is pretty much the high end for me, especially these days.

I wish there was a way (maybe there is) to track lifetime chicken dinners. I think I have four with the first one happening in my 4th match which must be a fluke.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Only dinners for me have been as part of a team experience. No solo dinners and allegedly I've invested 214 hours in the game.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:27 am My apologies to Goo, Thunderball, and especially Octavious for having to listen to me bitch tonight. An off night for an off week.
Don't sweat it Frey, everyone has the occasional issue and we didn't hear any details so your conversation was still private. You don't owe us any apologies.

If you recall, we were speaking about how the replay and possibly death cams work, and I was suggesting that because the replays (I wasn't sure about the death cams, but I am now) are recreations of the game based on data (positions, velocities, shot angles etc etc) that is given to the game engine to "redraw" the game as it was played the first time, that it's not an exact replica of the game, and if you see anomalies, that is to be expected and not necessarily evidence of cheating and/or bugs in the original game.

I watched one of my deaths from last night on the death cam, and it solidified my opinion on this. If you recall, when Oct and I were chasing the circle, I found a vehicle and was making a beeline to pick up oct. Unfortunately, that took me into a small building compound and I was immediately shot in the head. Since I was already at 1/2 heatlh, I died instantly.

I watched that death from the shooter's perspective. First, I was completely doomed from the start. I was driving straight at him so my head was completely still from his perspective. Second, and most importantly for this discussion, the deathcam showed him point his gun directly at the ground and fire into the ground, at which point I died. So when I died he was behind a wall and his muzzle was pointed down, yet I died. Almost immediately after, his muzzle came up and continued to fire in my direction, but I was already dead.

What I believe I witnessed was the engine getting confused and drawing what it thought it should be drawing, which of course could not possibly have occurred as I saw it. I suspect the engine corrected itself almost immediately and pointed the muzzle in the right direction after that.

Sure, that could have been some sort of cheat, but I don't think so. I have not heard of cheat of this nature, and watching the rest of his behaviour was completely typical of a normal player.

So while the replay and death cams are great tools and are very cool, they can not be taken as gospel, visually. They are a reasonable facsimile of your gameplay, not your exact gameplay. :D
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Thanks for your analysis, Goo. I would probably have bust a gear initially if I "saw" a player shoot me while aiming at the ground on the death cam, so it's nice you witnessed other normal behavior to reassure you.
I had actually forgotten the outside conversation in question, although I wish that had not occurred. However, my apology was for just being bitchy about my gameplay and my outcomes. Octavious stayed on for several more games and got to listen to me whine even more. It's just not fun behavior to be around when you are there to have fun, and I am aware of it.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My bad, sorry about that.

I just had a game where I died instantly upon touching down. I landed on the side of a cliff and just fell to my death. In my defense, I was not facing the cliff, I was facing away but somehow I touched it while parachuting. On the plus side I wasn't the first person to die, although I did get zero points.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just had another game, final 10, dude on motorcycle jumped off the side of the hill that I was on, jumped off bike and shot me before I could get a bead on him. No cheating, just...he was moving so fast and so close to me (there was no los until he was right on me) that I couldn't ads him fast enough (I'm old, ya know). Firing from the hip probably would have won it for me. Piss me off.

That said, I hit someone with the VSS from about 325m, using the wackyjacky school of learning. I literally watched his VSS video today and used what I learned to make that shot. Didn't kill him though and then he bailed on my LoS.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My longest kill this season is 189m... I kind of expected it would be like 12.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:05 pm My longest kill this season is 189m... I kind of expected it would be like 12.
I think in squad games my longest kill was somewhere between 20 and 46m. I don't recall any longer kills recently, so who knows, might still be sub-50m.

pubtracker wasn't registering my solo games for some reason, but I just checked and it looks like it did register my instant death game. So...that's great.

pubtracker is picking up my duo and squad games, so I probably should figure out what it isn't getting my solo ones.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Around 400m for me this season.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sweet.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

cheating is bad I migjt be done. saw a speed hack last night. and just got full auto with an akm at 300

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I've never seen anything I would confidently call cheating. Maybe your play style puts you in places where you see it that I don't or if you just have much worse luck. Another option is that you are rated higher so are up against other higher rated players with the cheaters. I also tend to have a lot less player interaction I suspect.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

New record. 573M headshot with a kar. I'll still play.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I finally got to loot a care package yesterday... M24, but no scope. I never fired it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I don't believe there is any match making based on rank/rating or anything else but randomness and maybe join order.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

There is supposed to be. Apparently scrub matches fill a lot faster than matches for higher level players because there is some filtering to match skills. When you have 3 million concurrent players you can do that. Eventually they are supposed to add unranked servers which are random and don't affect your rating.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:06 pm I finally got to loot a care package yesterday... M24, but no scope. I never fired it.
For me it has been AWM and Groza. Fired neither.

I think next time I'll just fire it up in the air a few times.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:51 pm There is supposed to be. Apparently scrub matches fill a lot faster than matches for higher level players because there is some filtering to match skills. When you have 3 million concurrent players you can do that. Eventually they are supposed to add unranked servers which are random and don't affect your rating.
I know during early access it was on the list of future features, as it should be. Anyone know the patch number where it was added?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My bad, here's a link to a twitch stream that is supposed to talk about it.
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/130983922?t=55m11s

Will watch it shortly.

Edit: Twitch stream says "will add eventually".

So now I'm on the hunt for when it was added.

edit2: Lots of opinions out there, lots of circumstantial evidence. Lots of people saying Blue Hole/PU have said so, but so far I haven't found any of those direct quotes.

Assuming the circumstantial evidence is true, I'd say it's enough to convince me without a direct comment though. As a perfectly average player, my games start almost immediately every time. High ranking players can wait as much as 5 minutes for their game to start, apparently.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:06 pm I finally got to loot a care package yesterday... M24, but no scope. I never fired it.
Story. of. my. life (PUBG).

Jelly that you guys get to play during the day. I had some decent runs late last night, though eventually lost all of them. I would like to get back at it but stuck here at hospital all day and then home responsibilities thereafter. Hope to play tonight, if not too tired.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I've only sat down in front of the computer right now, and have some personal work to do on the computer first. I expect to get an hour's worth of gaming in before moving on to other chores.

So while I'm at home and it's New Year's Eve, I still won't get much time until tonight, and that's only because my wife will be exhausted after work so we aren't doing anything for New Year's this year.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Well, the game finally decided to show me my FPP solo stats. According to them,I'm rated 1521, which puts me in the top 1.54% apparently, but given the problems I've been having with the stats, I have no idea if that's accurate.

That's my overall rating, my match and kill ratings are much, much lower. What this means, basically, if that I'm good at staying alive 'til the end, but I suck at combat AND looting.

Sounds legit (no sarcasm).