PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Freyland

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Freyland »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1262259492

This came complete with swimming sound effects, I shit you not.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Heh. Now if he drowned, I'd be really impressed. :D
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Hell, if you are still up you should be playing a duo with me.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:57 am Hell, if you are still up you should be playing a duo with me.
Can't sleep. Adrenaline is not what I need right now. :D Should be around tomorrow night, assuming the lack of sleep doesn't catch up with me.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 am
Freyland wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:57 am Hell, if you are still up you should be playing a duo with me.
Can't sleep. Adrenaline is not what I need right now. :D Should be around tomorrow night, assuming the lack of sleep doesn't catch up with me.
I'm sorry to hear that, Friend! If I ever finish with these critters I shall wish Z's in a Northernly direction.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 amCan't sleep. Adrenaline is not what I need right now. :D
This is a big part of why I stopped. I generally sleep 5-6 hours a night. When playing PUBG, that was diminished to 4.5 to 5.5 because I'd go to bed and it took took long to calm down.

I wish I had more daylight playtime.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Paingod wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:36 am

I wish I had more daylight playtime.
QFT
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah I don't play PUBG right before bed any more either. There are times I literally shake from adrenaline. It is becoming less over time, but still crazy sometimes.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Freyland wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:35 am http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1262259492

This came complete with swimming sound effects, I shit you not.
OMFG that's hillarious. :lol:

Winner winner chicken dinner in a duo with my daughter. I'm not going to lie she didn't really do anything as she totally freaked out towards the end, but I think the fact that I was trying to keep her alive made me be more careful than I usually am. We had perfect circle placement towards the end which helped. I downed two in the final circle to win it. :horse:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Amazing. Well done!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

We also successfully executed a backflip on the motorcycle. This is after I failed the first one and knocked her out. :lol: I don't think I've laughed so hard in years. I told her I was going to try it again and she was screaming NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We just fully rotated and landed it missing a tree by like a foot. I love this game sometimes. :lol:

FYI I never really drove the cycles much until lately. If you hit c it will pitch the bike down. If you hit spacebar it pitches the bike up. So if you want to try a flip you just hold the spacebar down after taking off. It's actually really easy to do, but totally terrifying.

I'm going to have her start recording the sessions and I might start a little channel for them if I think they are interesting. She has amazing timing on jokes so I could see people digging it.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I mentioned to Frey in a pm that I'm having some control issues in PUBG with both my keyboard (recent spill maybe?) and my mouse (no idea). It seems sporadic but I can't figure out the cause, at least so far. I thought it was Nvidia GeForce Experience, and while that did cause some issues with video recording in game, downgrading didn't fix the control issues.

I'm holding off playing because the issues showed up right as I was being stalked and it was the most frustrating thing I may have ever experienced, to be engaged in a life or death cat and mouse situation and not be able to control my character properly.

Just a heads up. I'll return when I get this figured out.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well if you need to replace your keyboard and mouse the Razer bundle on Walmart is pretty sweet. I bought that for my daughter to go with the new laptop. Headset, mouse, keyboard and mouse pad for 100 bucks. If you bought them all separately it would cost wayyyy more than that. I actually like her mouse better than mine. :(

Razer Holiday Gaming Bundle
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=w_bl_hsx_s ... ing+Bundle

Actually if you are interested in the keyboard that is in that bundle, I would be willing to sell mine at a reasonable price. She's just using the laptop keyboard and my keyboard is a tiny bit better.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I could actually use a spare keyboard but presumably the shipping cost would make any savings moot. Hopefully you can find someone in the states to take it off your hands. Shipping to Canada is still ridiculously expensive.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh right I didn't even think of that. It wouldn't be worth it and would probably take 900 years to get there. We had to ship stuff there quite often and it could take weeks. Wrigley used to just pack their employees with stuff to bring when they traveled as it was easier. :lol: Maybe I can strap it to a goose? :lol:

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Another damn 2nd place. I should have won this one. I killed 5 and 4 and then heard the other guy kill #3. We were in the final circle on opposite sides. I couldn't see him so I threw a grenade then saw him move over and crouched up from prone to win the damn game... yeah, grenade still equipped and then I pull out the Mini 14 instead of the kitted out AR and die moments later.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Looks like real money loot crates are coming our way.

Because 20+ million units sold is not enough, I guess.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 am Looks like real money loot crates are coming our way.

I can't remember if only the new types of creates required paid keys or all crates. If it is the latter, this may actually be a form of hacker control. If the Farmers earn, on average, $5.00 a day, but have to blow $15 to open all those crates, it's no longer profitable.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

As long as it's just clothing that gives no advantage I'm fine with it. Why not make some extra money from people willing to pay it? Had a pretty good night last night. No wins, but I killed a lot of people. Including Doom twice. :doh: :lol: I was having a rough few days so that helped my confidence a bit. :horse:

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Freyland wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:24 am
GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 am Looks like real money loot crates are coming our way.

I can't remember if only the new types of creates required paid keys or all crates. If it is the latter, this may actually be a form of hacker control. If the Farmers earn, on average, $5.00 a day, but have to blow $15 to open all those crates, it's no longer profitable.
There are four crates, 40%, 40%, 10%, 10%, weighted towards the two new crates. One of the two new crates requires a key, so 40% chance to get a crate you can't open that has stuff you don't need. *shrug*

DESPERADO (new paid crate box) : 40%
BIKER (new free crate box) : 40%
Wanderer : 10%
Survivor : 10%

crate contents with distribution:
Spoiler:
Desperado Items

Sleeveless Turtleneck Top (Gray) : 8.00%
Leather Boots (Black) : 8.00%
Punk Knuckle Gloves (Black) : 7.50%
Baggy Pants (Black) : 7.50%
Striped Tank-top : 7.50%
Wide Pants (Red) : 7.50%
Punk Knuckle Gloves (Red) : 7.00%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Black) : 7.00%
Baggy Pants (Brown) : 5.00%
Long Leather Boots (Brown) : 5.00%
Striped Shirt (Gray) : 5.00%
Beanie (Brown) : 5.00%
Horn-rimmed Glasses (Black) : 4.50%
Training Pants (Light Blue) : 4.50%
Leather Boots (Brown) : 4.50%
Horn-rimmed Glasses (Brown) : 2.50%
Aviator Sunglasses : 1.30%
Checkered Jacket : 1.30%
Long-sleeved Leather Shirt : 0.60%
Leather Hoodie (Black) : 0.32%
Leather Hoodie (White) : 0.32%
Cloth Mask (Leopard) : 0.16%

Biker Items

Long-sleeved T-shirt (Red) : 15.00%
School Shoes (Brown) : 15.00%
Raglan shirt : 10.00%
T-shirt (Pink striped) : 10.00%
Polka Dot T-shirt : 10.00%
Dirty Long-sleeved T-shirt : 10.00%
School Shoes (Black) : 5.00%
Skinny Jeans (Khaki) : 5.00%
Gas Mask (Half) : 4.50%
Beanie (Gray) : 4.50%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Red) : 4.50%
Skinny Jeans (Pink) : 2.50%
Patrol Cap (Brown) : 1.20%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Gray Striped) : 1.20%
Patrol Cap (Gray) : 0.40%
Biker Pants (Black) : 0.40%
Floral Shirt (White) : 0.26%
Sneakers (Black) : 0.26%
Padded Jacket (Purple) : 0.06%
Princess Power Tank-top : 0.06%
Floral Shirt (Black) : 0.05%
Biker Pants (Gray) : 0.05%
Aviator Goggles : 0.03%
Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Brown) : 0.01%
Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Black) : 0.01%
Cloth Mask (Checkered) : 0.01%
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I can't say I had quite the same confidence booster last night with you guys, but damnit there's always tonight!

Funny story. Last night Doom, RedFive and myself landed in one of the towns on Erangel. We knew there was another team; I even chased one off with a pistol, only to have his teammate plug at me from some unknown space. I don't remember exactly how it started, but Doom and I found ourselves facing off against all three of them in a small two-story house (think open kitchen, open bedroom, closed bathroom on first floor, two entrances). Doom and I each managed to take down and kill one, but were knocked down by the third. I hid in the bedroom on the first floor while the villain finished off Doom. I don't know if she thought I was a corpse, or if Red's approach scared her off, but she left me be (and went upstairs, as it turned out). Now, Doom is guiding Red to our location via spectating.... the disconnect is that Red thinks Doom is trying to carefully guide him to the third guy, and Doom is actually trying to carefully guide Red to me to be Rezzed....

"Alright, go to this house next to the blue one... they came in the other door. Go to your left,...left, past the kitchens. To the bedroom. Yup, annnd... right there!" BLAAAMO! Red explodes my head with his shotgun.

Funny as f**k, even if it would have been nice to play that one out.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

We cocked up that circle to end the night. We had the hanger and the circle and should have stayed hidden until someone tried to come in or the circle moved. I wasn't really paying attention to where everyone went so I should have pointed that out. Was a really fun night for me at least. :horse:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Er...6.2 GB "patch"?

Ouch.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I just came to share that. Downloading these games is one thing. A 6.2GB patch? C'mon!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Looks like the servers are off line at the moment as well.

Was this announced/expected?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Hulk smash! We're on the test server but loading a match takes like 900 years. Hopefully I don't die in 5 seconds. Arrrr I should take a hint and take a break for the night, but I know I won't. :grund:

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:07 am Yeah, I just came to share that. Downloading these games is one thing. A 6.2GB patch? C'mon!
Dammit there goes 3 minutes of my day!

:twisted:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

No more Red Bull can. Now it looks like a fosters can. :lol: We got a few rounds in last night despite the game not wanting us to play. Nothing really exciting as I was half asleep and probably should have given up for the night. :P

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm No more Red Bull can. Now it looks like a fosters can. :lol: We got a few rounds in last night despite the game not wanting us to play. Nothing really exciting as I was half asleep and probably should have given up for the night. :P
My 6 hours of sleep (instead of the usual 4.5-5) agrees with that statement.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Redfive wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 pm
Octavious wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm No more Red Bull can. Now it looks like a fosters can. :lol: We got a few rounds in last night despite the game not wanting us to play. Nothing really exciting as I was half asleep and probably should have given up for the night. :P
My 6 hours of sleep (instead of the usual 4.5-5) agrees with that statement.
3 hours for the win! Or, loss, depending on how you look at it. Actually, I'm going to call it breaking even. :doh:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well I passed out for an hour when I got home. Went out to dinner, passed out another 40 minutes and then played until 2AM and got up at 7AM. Totally normal. Totally. :lol:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Couple of things.

I still don't know what is causing control issues with PUBG. My numpad keys will stop responding, as will my mouse. Some other keys will still respond. Alt-tab doesn't work, but ctrl-alt-del will. The game is not frozen, as my weapon will move as per the standard standing still animation. I can open my inventory with my numpad enter key (don't ask) but there is no mouse cursor to drop/pick up things.

It's totally bizarre. I had this scenario recently and eventually I got a disconnect from the PUBG server with an obscure error number. Both my keyboard and my mouse have 3rd party software running for them, so maybe PUBG/EYEwhatever is getting upset and thinking they might be hack related? I don't know, but it sucks.

On a different note, I recently got a 27" IPS g-sync QHD gaming monitor to replace my old BenQ 1080p TN gaming monitor and the game looks INSANELY awesome. It's actually got too much vibrancy and colours because it makes it even harder for me to notice contrast. At least that's how it feels. I haven't played enough to really get a feel for it.

The old BenQ was a great monitor, but it was TN and I don't remember the last time I color balanced it. I color balanced the IPS monitor and things are NOTICEABLY better looking. It has some bleeding in the lower right and left corners, but not enough for me to sweat it, although I might try some of the fixes out there. There were zero stuck or dead pixels. It's an AOC.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I will not kill my teammatrs. I will not kill my teammates.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 pm I will not kill my teammatrs. I will not kill my teammates.
I mean, unless the are asking for it.

No, dammit. That was my kill. Give me the scope! *BLAM*
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I "accidentally" shot Freyland in a car. I was shooting at people and the car turned and I kept tracking them right into Freylands head. :oops:

stessier

Post by stessier »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 pm I "accidentally" shot Freyland in a car. I was shooting at people and the car turned and I kept tracking them right into Freylands head. :oops:
And the transformation into your avatar is complete.

;)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I feel compelled to hug Octavious.

Not because I forgive him, but because that should keep me under the minimum firing solution for his assault rifles. :violence-rapidfire:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It's not good to have a teammate who is a loose cannon and has decent aim. :lol:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

2nd match of the night winner winner chicken dinner. Almost choked at the end but win with like 2 hp left.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm 2nd match of the night winner winner chicken dinner. Almost choked at the end but win with like 2 hp left.
Hah, nice.

I had 2 terribad games that left a bad taste in my mouth, then a top 10 game where I died to the freakin' circle again. I really need to work on my end game circle management.

I'll be logging in shortly.