PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious »

I might be done with this for a while. Rampant cheating today. Two games in a row I had someone kill everyone in the span of 10 minutes. Fuck cheaters.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Another patch dropping today. Wonder if it's related.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So earlier today I had to be somewhere but thought I could squeeze in a game. I land north of the river in georgopol, so I'm super far north. The first circle centers on the military base, no joke. So I look 1 apartment building and start running. I make out like a bandit too. Healing items, 2x and 4x scope, an m16, and uzi with a pile of ammo and an extended mag, lvl 2 armour, but only lvl 1 helmet. Pretty good for a single building.

I sight down the road, looking for a vehicle. Nothing. I run along the road, swim under the bridge and start heading south on the east side of the large hill (the hospital is on the other side). I'm following the road, constantly looking through scope for a vehicle. Nothing. Eventually the road turns to the west and I decide to head off south through the fields. One last look through my scope and what do I see? A motorcycle along the road to the west. As I run towards it, the circle overtakes me. I'm kilometers from the military island still (but the new circle is partly on the mainland, so I can get inside without reaching the island. For now).

I jump on the bike and head out. I've had some really bad experiences with bikes, so I'm super cautious, but the field is flat and I'm hitting high speed. Before I know it I reach the concrete canals that look like runways from the plane. Somehow, I jump the damn thing. Pure inertia carries me across and I keep going. Amazing. I hit the circle's edge, and to make up for my luck earlier, I hit a tiny bump and end up on the front wheel. I try to pull the tail down but it flips over, gently. I pop off, unhurt. I try to get back on the bike but it's on its side and won't respond. Damn. I was just making a lot of noise and now I'm exposed in the middle of a field at about 2/3's health (new blue circle damage). I'm about to deal with that when I hear a car.

So now I'm thinking 4x + M16, and I see the car trying to drive up a wooded hill to the south. It's sideways, meaning I would have to shoot through the passenger side to reach the driver. No dice. But he backs up and turns the front end up the hill. Now I've got a perfect view through the back window and can see the driver silhouetted. I take an extra split second to line up his head.

Boom, head shot.

I'm killed by an AKM.

That was a frustrating one.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Ouch. Just... No. :doh:

I'd still dearly love to know how the game determines where the zones will push to. Does it pick a spot as far from the majority of players as possible? Is it simply randomly determined when the plane takes off?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

This game is going to be the death of me. One day I'm doing awesome and I'm happy. The next day I just die in a million horrible or annoying ways. 2 times it was blatant cheating. Another was me and a guy spotting each other at the same time. He killed me in what seemed like a half second. I just don't get how people aim and fire and hit as quick as they do. Maybe I should take a break.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I always think of the Groza as a short ranged weapon, probably because of the way it looks and it's rate of fire. Turns out, it's perfectly fine at range too.

Killed as I repositioned in the new circle. I knew there was a dude to my right, and I could hear his suppressed shots, but they were aimed at someone else, until he took the time to kill me, which was probably less than a second of his time. Died to a head shot that followed a body shot. The two came so fast that I didn't even have time to react to the first.

Rank 6. Meh.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Good luck chasing the circle without a vehicle now. I realize some people were tanking the circle damage with a ton of healing items, but now it's even more of a gamble to land anyplace that isn't the school. As much as I hate chasing the circle all game, I prefer that to dying to the first circle.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They didn't change the damage on the first circle. The last few are ridiculous though. I really don't agree with the change. It was hard enough already

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Fair enough. It was more rhetorical than anecdotal anyway, although I had just had a game where I chased the circle for awhile until I just gave up after a couple of bad new circle placements.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'm at the point where if it's clear I am screwed by the circle with zero vehicle in sight, that I use that time to practice with my weapons and whatever accessories they have before quitting out. Have better things to do than work on my avatars cardiovascular.
May have found my first cheater last night (lol, assuming it's my first). I was on one of those aforementioned circle runs when I crested a hill to see a vehicle parked in such a way to scream "TRAP!". So I started flanking to look at possible ambush spots. Mind you, I'm still over the hill I crested, so there is this nice Ridgeline behind and above me. Suddenly I hear another vehicle rapidly approaching, and I spin around just in time to see a motorcycle come over the hill in a beeline to run me down. I had no time to move before he hit me. I'm willing to accept that players can drive much better than me, but there really is no way he could see me on the other side of the hill to have come at me so perfectly, especially with a narrow instrument like a bike.
On the bright side, as he was looting my corpse, it sounded like there was, indeed, an ambush waiting.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Anyone checked out vaulting on the test server? I've tried to get into a match last night and just now but had no luck. Presumably there isn't enough people playing, but I'm still surprised it takes so long to get matched up. Either it's a long time, or it's just not working. Probably the former.

edit: I don't think the vault patch is on the test server yet. Sometime this week, I believe.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sometimes there's just nothing you could have done.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Freyland wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:34 am I'm at the point where if it's clear I am screwed by the circle with zero vehicle in sight, that I use that time to practice with my weapons and whatever accessories they have before quitting out. Have better things to do than work on my avatars cardiovascular.
May have found my first cheater last night (lol, assuming it's my first). I was on one of those aforementioned circle runs when I crested a hill to see a vehicle parked in such a way to scream "TRAP!". So I started flanking to look at possible ambush spots. Mind you, I'm still over the hill I crested, so there is this nice Ridgeline behind and above me. Suddenly I hear another vehicle rapidly approaching, and I spin around just in time to see a motorcycle come over the hill in a beeline to run me down. I had no time to move before he hit me. I'm willing to accept that players can drive much better than me, but there really is no way he could see me on the other side of the hill to have come at me so perfectly, especially with a narrow instrument like a bike.
On the bright side, as he was looting my corpse, it sounded like there was, indeed, an ambush waiting.
Eh that could just be crappy luck. If I have time I'll post the video of the obvious cheating. They were 15 people left by the 2nd circle. I got shot by a handgun that didn't make a sound and never saw the guy. You can just see the stream showing him killing everyone. I don't get how that's fun? Maybe they just do it to collect stuff? Eh.. Thankfully after that day I haven't run into it again. I think that might have something to do with the 2nd patch they ran.

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

FWIW, there are rumblings that China is frowning upon Battle Royale games like PUBG and may restrict or ban them in the future.

http://mmoculture.com/2017/10/playerunk ... ale-games/
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

For a very long time, our development team has been analyzing data from a large pool of users who show abnormal gameplay behavior to build a system that helps us positively identify cheaters. We are now able to use the system to identify and ban these users more proactively. Using this system, we have already identified and banned about 20K additional users in only one day.

This is only a start. On top of BattlEye, we will use a monitoring system to strengthen our efforts to prevent use of cheats and impose penalties on them. We promise you that we will continue to do our best to quickly find and ban people who use cheats. We hope you will start to see an improvement going forward.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I must be getting better... In my numerous games last night I think I killed 5 or 6 people, all in separate games. Two were entertaining ambushes in houses, one was a slaughter of someone not yet armed, and two were shootouts. I mean, I still had a plethora of outright failures and circle chases, but this is still an improvement.

Also, I sold a floral shirt for $8.69. Lol.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

My ambush skills are awesome. My aim? Terrible. If I had a dollar for every time I missed with the m16 in burst mode I would be rich. And I would have won my last round last night. :( If I have time I'll edit a few videos. I got some hilarious kills yesterday. My favorite was when I ambushed a guy hiding in one of those towers. I jump shot at him with a shotgun. He comes running out like he's on fire and I proceed to run around him in circles while trying to shoot him with a shotgun. I was dying laughing the entire time. I ending up winning. Not sure if I should be proud of it though. :lol:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I've been selling my crates for about 65 cents. Maybe I'll start opening them if the rare stuff goes for dollars at a time.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I have played a ton and never gotten anything that is worth anything in crates. Not that I really care. I also have no idea how you actually sell stuff. Anything like that in games I just ignore. Kind of like all the extra steam crap people like to trade and sell. Barf.

wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Octavious wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:33 pm I have played a ton and never gotten anything that is worth anything in crates. Not that I really care. I also have no idea how you actually sell stuff. Anything like that in games I just ignore. Kind of like all the extra steam crap people like to trade and sell. Barf.
Of course it's up to you what your time is worth, but selling stuff on the marketplace just takes a minute to do. I'd guess I've made at least $15 off of PUBG stuff so far.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Opened a crate last night instead of selling it. Red horizontal striped shirt. Going price: $0.05

Oh well. I can't even wear it because it's red.

I won a shootout last night in the last 15. Pretty much unheard of for me. I ended up luring him into close range and switched to my shotgun. Boom, down he went.

And then I died to the circle about 10m from it. Oh well.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm getting better at the close range fights. Right now I'm not trying to win, I'm just practicing fighting. Still got a bunch of top 10s, but that's really not that hard to do most of the time. My favorite was when I jumped at the prison. I jumped right next to a mini-14 and 60 rounds of ammo. Took down 3 people in under a minute. 2 actually had guns. :lol:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Killed an empty handed dude with a P92. Even had 3 bullets left after. :D He did a great job of running, but I did a better job of chasing, if I do say so myself.
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Cheaters are making the game not so fun at times.

Also, if you'll forgive some shameless self-promotion, I have a YouTube Gaming channel and currently stream PUBG exclusively. I'm on mobile currently but if you're interested, search for Josh ACTON Acton on YouTube Gaming. I'm streaming tonight at 6:30 PM Pacific. If you drop by to say hi, let me know you're from OO and I'll light up like a Christmas tree. Promotion over!
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'll stop by for sure, but I can't guarantee it'll be tonight.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

2nd place finish. Final circle had me in a 2-story building. I wasn't leaving, he wasn't coming in. He found a frag grenade and caught me on the 2nd floor with it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And a 2-kill 24th. I camped inside the bathroom of a house and took down the guy who opened the door with no issues. When the circle forced me to move, I heard gunfire behind me. I took cover behind a tree and waited. Here comes another guy. I manage to pop out behind him and gun him down.

And then trying to be careful after that, I get gunned down by a guy I never saw with a mini 14.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Watched Warpig win a 4 man squad game. Thought he was going to friendly fire one of his teammates who ran right in front of the last enemy, but managed to shoot around him.

Congrats Warpig and team.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:14 pm 2nd place finish. Final circle had me in a 2-story building. I wasn't leaving, he wasn't coming in. He found a frag grenade and caught me on the 2nd floor with it.
Congrats. I don't think I've ever placed higher than 3rd. Most encounters I have there isn't enough time for a grenade, but I would love to use them more. Did you know that you can throw underhanded or overhanded? Cook the grenade by holding down the attack button, then press the opposite button to switch throwing styles, then let go of the attack button to throw.

The "switch throwing styles" button is hard coded to the left mouse button, but because I'm left handed, I've switched my attack button to the left. That means every time I pull the pin, it switches throwing styles (under vs overhanded). It totally messes up my ability to throw grenades accurately. I hope they fix it so that the switch button is no longer hard coded at some point.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

5th.

Tried to blow up a truck on top of a guy who was using it for cover to no avail. Hilariously when I died it caused a chain reaction and the guy who killed me died, then the guy who killed him died, then the guy that killed him died.

I guess I acted as a spoiler for all those people. Good enough. :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Delay
PUBG test servers have been hit with a big delay, which means fans will have to wait to try out new features like jumping and vaulting.

The test servers will be held back until the full PC launch, which will take place in late December.
Bluehole explains more on Twitter: "When the test servers are deployed, we will be running them for a long time and it's crucial that they operate in a stable environment.

"Therefore we feel that we have to delay the first test schedule for PC 1.0 to allow for a smooth testing of the new features and content.
New features like vaulting and jumping are likely to be tested for around a month before they're deployed in the game.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I think I'm burning out and will have to take a break. The skill gap between me and just about everyone else is starting to drain me out. It seems everyone and their mom is a crack shot who can kill you in one second. I spent last night just getting my butt handed to me over and over. I then questioned why I was bothering. Maybe I'll just take a break until 1.0 comes out.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Wait ... They're holding back additional testing of potentially game-altering and bug-inducing features until after the game goes "live" in a 1.0 release?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

>sniff< They're now a grown-up development studio. It happened so fast!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

First match was this afternoon....made it to #27 by being a sneaky Pete and just creeping around. Ultimately was run over by a go-kart, which for the record, is a totally BS way to die.

I'm intrigued, that's for sure.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I was at my local grocery store today with my wife. As we approached where the carts are all interlocked together, I saw that one of the Greeters had moved a cart out of the row by itself, for easy pickup.

My first thought was, "it's a trap!"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'll be on discord later tonight (~9:30est) if anyone wants a team game.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:16 pm I'll be on discord later tonight (~9:30est) if anyone wants a team game.
If I'm around and available for sure.

I know I haven't been around lately..time is limited and I've got some Fantasy Grounds D&D going of late.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

No worries red. No one expects you to be at their beck and call, I just thought I'd broadcast my availability early, in case there were any takers. I'm perfectly happy playing something else, or doing some solo matches if nothing develops.