PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo »

Well, Frey and I just missed a chicken dinner, coming in 2nd. Frey got 3 kills and I did 0.41 damage to myself at some point while driving a motorcycle. So it was a good team effort.

At one point I thought I shot a guy with my pistol but the blood splash was from Frey's AKM shot. Still, I pointed my gun at a guy and pulled the trigger. That's a W in my book. It doesn't matter where the bullet ended up.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Technically, it was 4 kills, since I absolutely murdered Goo by mistake at one point. :oops:

Thanks again for the games!

Edited to add: This game was unusual, for me at least, because I spent half the game without any sort of armored vest. We hit 4, or possibly 5 clusters of buildings before I actually got a level one vest, and by then we had travelled more than halfway across Erangel. I specifically asked Goo, after the second or third stop, "since we're so poorly equipped, this is the game we're gonna win, right?"

And we almost did. :horse:
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Was playing 3 man squads with Thunderball and one of his friends last night. I don't know what it was but I have been totally off the last two days. After much whining and complaining that I couldn't hit anything (shocking I know) we ended up winning two matches. :lol: I got a fully kitted SKS and I said if I didn't kill anyone with it I was quitting for a month. I got 3 kills with it. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holy cow - according to this, at least 36,000,000 people have tried this game on Steam. I had no idea it was that big. :shock:

Code: Select all

TITLE	                                PLAYER ESTIMATE	            STEAM APP ID
Team Fortress 2                    	  50,191,347	            440
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive          46,305,966	            730
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS	          36,604,134	            578080
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I can now say unequivocally that stopping your vault animation will not give you enough time to react.

I scoped a set of buildings. I ran up to them and then snuck around and around, looking in windows. I finally decide to jump in a window and surprise! there's a dude who came out of his hidey hole closet to check what all the noise was about. He shot me at point blank range while my guy carefully unvaulted the window.

The timing was incredibly comical. I actually unmuted in game to share a laugh with the guy but realized my mic was muted through a hardware switch as well.

Too bad too, I had 2 kills and enough meds and HoTs that I was boosting just to make room in my inventory, when there were 25 people still left.

edit: Looks like a new season started last night?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just had a guy fire 3 full clips from his vector at me from less than 20m, only hitting me with the last clip, and I only saw him and fired back during the last clip. By that time he had gotten all of his potatoing out of his system and his last clip was a nice tight grouping on my chest. What a weird, scary experience.

It was final 10, circle still over 200m diameter, we both ran up a major hill from opposite sides, he hears me/sees me and switches from Kar to Vector. Fires, but I'm dancing because I always dance, and misses. I whirl around but he's gone, behind a tree to reload. I really start to dance and run down a gully in the side of the hill. From his perspective only my helmet is visible ( :shock: ) but I'm moving all over the place and he just shoots the ridge of the gully. I whirl around again and he's...totally blocked by the gully ridge. I then pop 1/2 way up the ridge and there he is, but he's had lots of time to vector (oh yes, I went there) in on me and I'm only acquiring him now with my ump. I'm dead before 3 of my rounds kick up dirt around him.

I spent the whole game chasing the circle, and 1 entire circle simply sitting in a tiny 1 room shack because that circle was a gift and I couldn't throw it away by leaving the shack. I had 3 stims, 3 energy drinks and 3 painkillers. I was boosted to max the entire game, after the first circle.

I didn't mean to be so far outside the circle but it just worked out that way. It was a bad circle.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Game has been totally pissing me off this week, but I had a really funny moment today. I landed in one of the hanger areas and this one guy just camped outside waiting for everyone else to loot. I was fighting another guy but could here this guy mulling around. I go back and take cover where I know this guy still is figuring he has no idea what he's doing. I hide behind a stack of wood and see him creeping around it with his lilly white helmet popping out. I went onto the chat and said. "You know I see you there right?" I then climbed onto the wood pile and ran over and shot him in the head. :mrgreen: He didn't reply so I have no idea if he heard that. :cry:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Frey and I had a few good games, including at least one where Frey had 4 kills.

In one of our games I did 250 pts of damage, 3 head shots, zero kills.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:05 am Frey and I had a few good games, including at least one where Frey had 4 kills.

In one of our games I did 250 pts of damage, 3 head shots, zero kills.
I feel like our core group of players are just on the cusp of greatness. :horse:
Not at all surprisingly, it seems like Goo and myself are hitting things better coinciding with changes/improvements in our Internets. :roll: Frustrating to think about how much sooner the game would have been 'very rewarding' without those issues. In any case, I'm glad to have some pretty awesome Wingmen to play with!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Of major significance is that they are working on the damage model and limb penetration. We should see some interesting things here in the near future.

I thought it was typical and hilarious that despite getting 3 headshots and doing enough damage to kill 2.5 people I managed to kill exactly zero people.

On the other hand I forgot to change my vector to burst or full auto in another game so when I engaged my first opponent, I aimed and fired at about 60m and a single bullet came out.

Amazingly it was a headshot and he dropped immediately. He was already hurt of course, but man, what a rush.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Cort and I had some spare time today and got some time in with the event before it ended (will end soon). You should try the next one Frey. If for no other reason that it is a rapid fire way to get some practice shooting people.

I fired more shotgun shots at people in an hour during the event than I have in the last 4 or 5 months of playing the game. And you know what? I'm not half bad at it compared to many of the people we were playing against. Even better, there were rare opportunities to use a pistol at 50-100m and THAT was extremely helpful as well. Hitting someone multiple times while they are in combat (moving, but not sprinting) with a pistol at 75m is extremely satisfying. Better, it was great practice.

So while the event was fun (and it was) it was also a great way to get lots of shooting practice in, in a mostly consequence free environment. You just respawn 30 seconds later when you die, so who cares if you miss and get wiped out instead. Dying does not destroy the last 20 mins of gameplay like it does during normal PUBG.

I will definitely be trying more events in the future. It's a great change of pace, it was fun, and it was great practice.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I was killing it in solo last night. Duos and squads? I was a total mess. Oh well. I'll just annoy myself in solos. :mrgreen:

The desynch has gotten really out of control the last 2 weeks. I was playing with Thunderball and I was downed a full second after I went behind cover. It was a good 2 feet past it. The reason it's gotten so bad is that the island map it's totally flooded with Chinese players. The devs really suck for letting this keep on happening. It's really going to just kill the game at some point.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

As for the events. I wish they would always have one open. As you mentioned it’s the best way to practice. I got much better at sniping because of the sniper event. I played it over and over and over lol.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

A silenced qbz with a vert grip is INSANE.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Was playing a 3 man squad and after Thunderball was killed we pinned the remaining 3 guys behind a rock. While the other guy kept on knocking them down I flanked them and started picking them off from there. We must of head shot them about 10 times before the last guy gave up and tried to make a run for it up the hill and I picked him off with another headshot. They had to think we were cheating. :lol: When we looted the bodies not a single one had any damage to their armor. :wub:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Frey and I finished on a sour note last night but before that we had multiple top 10 finishes with multiple kills each round. I find being one of the last 10 people (not teams) alive is much harder the bigger the team sizes.

But what stood out for me was the use of smoke at Frey's suggestion to cover his downed body to help me rez him in the wide open.

I often will rez Frey knowing it will most likely result in us both dying because time is running out and if I wanted to play a solo game I'd just play by myself. These rezzes are often all or nothing gambles, yet I never use smoke. Last night we had no cover but the smoke. I was able to rez Frey while the enemy poured a hail of bullets into the cloud, never hitting us once.

I will have to try to remember to drop smoke more often during my rez gambles.

For the record the kill ratio on our team is probably at least 10 to 1 in Frey's favour over me, although I do often wound people which helps. My kills often come after Frey has been knocked so there's less competition. :D
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I have been using the smoke to revive people a lot more myself as well. I rezed the one guy last night while we were next to a car and getting shot from every direction. Somehow we survived long enough to get in the vehicle and run for it.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:12 pm Frey and I finished on a sour note last night but before that we had multiple top 10 finishes with multiple kills each round. I find being one of the last 10 people (not teams) alive is much harder the bigger the team sizes.

But what stood out for me was the use of smoke at Frey's suggestion to cover his downed body to help me rez him in the wide open.

I often will rez Frey knowing it will most likely result in us both dying because time is running out and if I wanted to play a solo game I'd just play by myself. These rezzes are often all or nothing gambles, yet I never use smoke. Last night we had no cover but the smoke. I was able to rez Frey while the enemy poured a hail of bullets into the cloud, never hitting us once.

I will have to try to remember to drop smoke more often during my rez gambles.

For the record the kill ratio on our team is probably at least 10 to 1 in Frey's favour over me, although I do often wound people which helps. My kills often come after Frey has been knocked so there's less competition. :D
"to help me rez him"
"I often will rez Frey"
"I was able to rez Frey"
"after Frey has been knocked"

There's a trend here, I just can't put my finger on it.....
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah, but it's not nefarious. Your play is more aggressive, and as you get better at hitting people, will continue to be. You're out front because you want to shoot people and I'm in the back because I don't want to be shot.

You must have noticed how pissed I get when I'm 75m behind you hiding behind a rock, and instead of shooting at the guy killing them (i.e. you) the enemy decide I'm the threat and proceed to murder me? For the rest of you, just recently Frey and I jumped out of a car and proceeded to get shot. I get knocked, Frey is firing back. Instead of moving their reticle 1.5 inches to the right to shoot at the completely stationary, out of cover guy aiming a large calibre weapon at them, they proceed to try to kill the guy who's already knocked and no threat to anyone.

My gameplay has been making very incremental improvements. In the past I would die without raising my gun. Then die while raising my gun. Then die firing a bullet. Then die hitting my enemy once. Then die hitting him twice. Now I hit with about 2-3 bullets, taking about 50-75% of their health. I AM improving. Just really, really slowly. And as I improve, I'm incrementally more aggressive. Frey is more aggressive because he's winning. You can be damn sure that if the time ever comes where I start winning my duels, I will start playing a helluva lot more aggressively than I do now.

I'm EXTREMELY aggressive normally. In Titanfall 2, where the consequences for failure barely exist, and where I can actually win a lot of my 1v1 fights, I am hyper-aggressive. I'm a coward in PUBG because being otherwise meant my game ended early.

In any case Frey, my original point that of course as the guy out front actively shooting at targets, you're gonna get dropped before me more often. It's then my role to pick you up and dust you off. Often that's the best chance of success the team has, because I'm just not as good a shot as you are. Killing the other guy before they can kill you is still the best defense in this game, outside of invisibility.

With all that said, I wanna tweak your nose a little.

One of our games recently had you get knocked, and me work through fire and brimstone to get you rezzed. Shortly thereafter I get knocked near the same spot, in the same tactical situation (it was the same fight, not much had changed except the roles had been reversed and I was down and you were up). In that situation, I decided to rez you. In the nearly identical situation, you decided to leave me down and keep fighting.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not even a little annoyed or whatever. I've said our best chance of success is having you up and shooting and if we have to decide who's knocked and who's not, the smart money is on me being knocked with you up and firing back.

It was a brief moment of "are you fucking kidding me?" though. :wink:

Lastly, I occasionally intentionally take point, drive the car (almost never. I used to get plenty of practice in solo games, but I haven't played those much in the last month or so), enter the kill room first, take the first long range shot, etc etc. Sometimes there is a tactical reason for it (present myself as a target so that the enemy will reveal themselves and Frey can get 1 or 2 shots off before he's seen) and sometimes it's just to break things up so that we don't become complacent in our roles. There are skills that atrophy if they aren't used, and even if those skills are secondary and/or less important that being able to put a bullet where you want it, they are still useful. They all add up to a finely honed killing machine. A good team player doesn't spend every waking moment in a gym by himself shooting hoops, for example.

I regularly see teams that are easily several levels above ours. Things like making noise to get people to turn there heads away mere seconds from where your partner is about to breech a room, things like that. It's several levels above ours, because I can tell they aren't talking about doing it, planning it out. They just do it. Team synergy.

The main reason our team hasn't reached that level of play is that I cannot seem to grasp the most basic, but most important skill in the game, and that's shooting people. Frey, my point is that it's not a team failing that we haven't moved into the really scary pseudo-telepathic play. You can't be the best pairs tennis players in the world if one player is still having trouble serving, I guess is my point.

I *am* making progress. After months of seeming stagnation, I *am* seeing my aim improving, especially my aim while under the stress of return fire. During the last event I was regularly hitting moving people with a pistol at around 80-100m, for example. I just have to be patient, continue to try to focus, and keep a positive attitude.

I realize a lot of that seems like I'm criticizing everything, including myself, but I think it's an honest evaluation and it's hard to improve if you're not honest with yourself. The whole point of analyzing play is to identify weak spots so you can work on them. I want to be a better PUBG player and this is one of the steps in improving.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Upon re-reading my post, that was supposed to have a smiley attached to it. :doh:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 am Upon re-reading my post, that was supposed to have a smiley attached to it. :doh:
No worries. I was worried you might think my comments about rezzing you implied frustration. They didn't.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I know you guys hate my advice but I'll give some anyway. :mrgreen: I'm obviously not super great at the game, but have spent WAYYYY too much time playing and the one thing I note that when I play with you guys is that you value loot over position. And you also all tend to split up into random directions even when you know there's people nearby. No matter how much practice you get you will not win if you run into 3 people and you are by yourself.

This ends up with you being late to the next place you go and then you are at a disadvantage. Even if you have every super weapon in the universe it's not going to help if you are running into circle while the other team is camped in prime position.

I'm writing this as trying to be helpful and not being a dick btw. :D

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:56 pm I know you guys hate my advice but I'll give some anyway. :mrgreen: I'm obviously not super great at the game, but have spent WAYYYY too much time playing and the one thing I note that when I play with you guys is that you value loot over position. And you also all tend to split up into random directions even when you know there's people nearby. No matter how much practice you get you will not win if you run into 3 people and you are by yourself.

This ends up with you being late to the next place you go and then you are at a disadvantage. Even if you have every super weapon in the universe it's not going to help if you are running into circle while the other team is camped in prime position.

I'm writing this as trying to be helpful and not being a dick btw. :D
LOL

I couldn't disagree with anything you said there--it all makes good sense.

I think it may be your IMO somewhat Jeff Spicoli-esque delivery in Discord that sometimes grates. If anything it makes me get out the :pop:

I have never taken offense because miraculously I have managed to never get very mad while playing--My worst comments are usually along the lines of 'I suck so bad at this game' and then I move on.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

LOL

McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

thunderball here, adding my two cents. Since my old squad returned to the game I've been able to spot some differences between the two groups. Grain of salt here because my old crew are all very very good. If you'll remember the original reason I split was because I was never getting any kills. These are guys that used to routinely get 10+ kills per round. We won 6 chicken dinners in one night once.

Since they returned they aren't nearly as good as they used to be, but we've played these games for years together and we have a unit cohesion that I think the other crew lacks. When we decide where to move to next we inevitably mark the exact same spot on the map simultaneously. That comes both from working together in the past and knowing each other's strengths and weaknesses (without constantly commenting on either) but also from a deep understanding of the weapons and mechanics of the game. Knowing where people dropped and trying to foresee the future on their likely path into the center is a big part of that. When we hear a shot we not only calmly call out the number and distance, but also the weapon type and scope/gear we believe is being used. If possible we layer in a 'they're good' or 'their aim is shit' so the other team knows how to position themselves.

I know there's no way for you guys to get that cohesion quickly, it just comes with time and teamwork. I think the main thing you guys seem to do (criticism coming, find safe space now) is to split up and then not learn from that. I completely understand the lure of the gear. You've all heard me say this is this game's version of the lottery scratchers at the gas station. it's just a LOT of fun to loot epic shit. and it sucks a LOT to get mowed down once you get it. So generally speaking, you guys just split up too much and too far in search of the loot high. You guys need to just plot your movement into the circle and then loot as a team as you strategically move in. I get it, it's a nuanced thing. How far to split up, how far to range for the loot, but once you have an smg and a backpack you need to start thinking and communicating the strategy for getting out of town, even if you dont have 300 rounds and have no attachments. It often feels to me like you guys are waiting on the blue every time because you want dem uber lewts. I think it's much more successful to try and focus on a single favorite weapon and then focus on getting into position. and then another and another.

I absolutely SUCK with the M24. But I excel with the Ump and the M4. That means I have to live with being secondary cleanup on up close battles. Just find your thing that works (and is common) and stick with it. Speed looting is the key to this game. As is: never stop moving. if you are looting you should be dancing and moving as you do so. That's something I've really had to learn in the past two months, mostly because there are SO many one shot kill cheats now.

You guys all get along really well and that's key too. You can take it to the next level if you just speed up looting, don't wander out of smg range, don't engage enemies unless you HAVE to (especially end game), engage as a group (not heroic solo), and just plan your movements ahead of time. Basically every problem you face is because you are playing together but not as a team. It's more like 4 man solo with the ability to get each other up when knocked.

Keep looking toward the stars!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Just got killed by Doc. IT was in a epic duel for like two minutes and someone else jumped me from behind. Gave doc time to kill me as I had to run for cover. My jaw dropped when I saw the name pop up.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

edit: Removed stuff because I misinterpreted what was being posted above.

As for Doc, that sounds really cool. I think he's an asshole and despite his skills in the game and despite the asshole persona being just that, a persona, I don't like assholes so he's several notches down the chain PUBG players that I give 2 craps about. Still, it's cool to run into one of the players famous in the twitchverse and shooting him in the head would have been nicely cathartic based on all the times I've seen him act like a piece of shit. Oh well. Make sure you put one of those bloody decals over his eye socket with a headshot next time. That always grosses me out in-game.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Let me know how you really feel about him next time. :mrgreen: I actually don't really care for his stream I find the whole act annoying. So I get it.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Goo, you need to get your internet up asap. I find without you my aim is less true and my actions during play more stupid. Actually, that latter part is probably pretty consistent. Last night, after we wiped a team at the WTP on Miramar (okay, aim was good then), I did exactly what we talked about not doing, which was wandering a bit far from the group to eyeball (from afar) a falling nearby crate. Stumbled upon a full team, proceeded to not run away fast enough. Someday I'll learn....
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Eh I do it all the time myself even solo. I really shouldn't check that building, but maybe it has a scope. BLAM BLAM BlAM. :(

Was playing squads last night and we got hyper focused on the group in front of us and totally forgot about the zone closing behind us. We got bounced and two of the three of us got killed. From a window I took one out. And then the next two ran up to the building and in one full auto burst I took them both out. :horse: I really actually screwed up though as I should have run where the other guy got downed and took out the guy before he finished him. :grund:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Heh, related to your post, Oct; last night, three of us were on the Sanhok map, and were pretty well equipped. Down to 22 left, and advancing carefully into one of the larger "small" circles. Despite the fact that we started on the coast, and that the circle positioning *should* have limited the routes of people coming in behind us, I was being exceptionally paranoid, watching our back the entire way. Never saw anyone. At. All. We came upon a team in front of us, not paying attention to us. We actually coordinated our positions, and firing solutions, and opened up on them. I have no idea how successful we were because almost immediately we were bushwacked by an entire team from behind. I even heard odd footsteps and turned around but only got a few bullets off before going down. I think we were eliminated within 30 seconds. :cry:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That map is rough as everyone is playing the edges. AND a lot of people are willing to come in late through the blue. Generally what I do is push towards the middle on the first 2 circles and then play the edges. It's really so f'n hit or miss on that map though. Very easy for some yahoo to just hide in a bush until you run past.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

On fire this weekend. Like 4 solo wins. Broke top 1000 in rank for tpp. 868 :horse:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Congrats Oct. Truly outstanding.
morlac

Post by morlac »

It happened. I ate a chicken dinner finally. I had to split it 4 way though!.

I haven't been playing much at all lately. I have some issue with my left thumb. Maybe Arthritis or tendinitis but it gets worse as the week progresses (im convinced it's from typing angry. I use mu left thumb exclusively for space bar thanks to gaming and I hit it hard apparently.) Anyhow, It sweleled up about 3 weeks ago and I had to get shots, roids, antiflamm/etc. It completely sucks, I just bought a new Oled TV and Xbone for HDR gaming and can't use the dam controller. I may be facing surgery if it doesnt improve.

Anyhow, it approved enough to try some FPS action as I have been playing turn based RPGs exclusively for a few weeks. One handed gaming FTW, Just no bunny hopping :). I played the new mode event yesterday and we won! 4 of us left and it wasn't much of an issue. I shot 2 clips worth of bullets in total for 8 hp of damage as I was totally working on my suppression shot ;). lost my helmet and got knocked down by a headshot but somehow crawled back to cover and got reezed literally at last second. Teamwork was pretty awesome for a bunch of randos with no mics.

Anyhow good times. I only lasted about 3 matches before thumb cried mercy but will try again this week.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The nice thing is that I don't get upset when I get 2nd or something like that as I have won enough now to not care that much. I used to get SO nervous in the final 10. I remember the first time I couldn't aim as I was just shaking so much. :lol:

Not sure if I still have the replay (I hope I do) but I tried to implement the flying Oct move in the final 4. The flying Oct is when someone is hiding behind an easily leaped rock. I just run at it like a madman, leap onto it and then leap over them. When it works it's fantastic as even the best players don't expect something that ridiculous. In this instance I mistimed the jump and literally landed on his head and got stuck. I was madly trying to shoot down while he madly tried to shoot up. He won. I died laughing.

Another funny moment a guy was driving his car right at me. I lit him up and moved behind the tree I was standing next to. Like almost every other player in the universe he got hyper fixated on me and not the tree. He hit the tree at full speed and then leaped out and didn't even have a weapon out. He died punching the air. :lol: Not a half a minute later someone took his vehicle which was on FIRE and drove past me. Shot it a few times with the UMP and he exploded. Nothing is better than blowing up cars.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Almost broke 10 kills. Had 9 when I died to an ahole hiding in a bush. I saw him, but was reloading. I would have lit him up. :cry: Everyone just kept running in front of me and a fully kitted QBZ is a beast! Starting to really get the feel for recoil on all the guns to the point where I can pull off some pretty sweet spray shots.

Best kill of the night was some guy I got into a sniper battle with. I quickly learned his aim was better than mine and resorted to ninja tactics. We were both on the coast so I ran up the hill and ran back down the side of the cliff and eventually into the water. I swam right up to him and popped out of the water like rambo. He never even saw me. :mrgreen:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I love that stats page. You can easily see why I racked up 9 kills. 90% of the players are much lower ratings than me. That's why I love that map. No match making. When I play solo on the OTHER maps I get matchmaking and pretty much all the players are insane. I feel like I can keep up now, but damn if some of them can't pull off super shots so quick that it hurts my brain.

Rank 592 as of this morning. Crazy... I don't play for rank, but I'll admit it is rewarding to break top 1,000.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Octavious230?server=pc-na

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I think the best comparison for this game is golf. You can have an amazing round or bunch of rounds and then the game just punches you in the nuts so that you remember who is boss. I played a round right before I went to the dentist and won. I come back and I couldn't do ANYTHING. Any corner I rounded and step I made was into an awaiting ambush. :P

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Short example of bullet punch.