Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

All discussions regarding PC gaming.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis

Post Reply
Freyland
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:03 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Freyland » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:04 pm

Octavious wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 am
Was playing a random squad match and there was like maybe 20 left. Caught out on the middle with a bunch of idiots camping a building. ;) Run for a tree and bam taken out by Freyland. (The camper in the building ;) ) :lol: I was dying laughing when I saw that in the feed. I did get back up, but sadly died outside the building as the rest of my squad got wiped. I so wanted to run in like John Wick. :twisted:

Nice shot Frey!
Thanks! :oops: :horse:
The best part is that I really suck with bolt-action rifles, so to hit a running target in the head with one, at any range, is ridiculously rare. To have that target be someone I know from the forum, out of ~250,000 active players? I probably should have left to buy a lottery ticket.
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

User avatar
Octavious
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:28 pm

I was super pissed for a split second until I saw your name pop up. At least I knew you weren't a cheater. :lol: 99.99% chance I have the video of it as shadowatch auto records my kills and knocks. I'll see if I can remember to post it tonight.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

User avatar
Redfive
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:12 am
Location: Back in Texas

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Redfive » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm

I still wish you could set up custom matches against friends.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Redfive wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm
I still wish you could set up custom matches against friends.
I think you can now? I'm not sure, but that feature was limited at the beginning to streamers and such, but I think they opened it up to everyone at some point? I could be totally wrong since I never investigated it, but I feel like the custom options are available to anyone. Will look at it tonight.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Octavious wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:28 pm
I was super pissed for a split second until I saw your name pop up. At least I knew you weren't a cheater. :lol: 99.99% chance I have the video of it as shadowatch auto records my kills and knocks. I'll see if I can remember to post it tonight.
Here's what it looked like from Frey's perspective. Note for anyone who isn't familiar with PUBG, this is a replay of the game constructed from data that is saved during the game and is not a live recording of actual events. The reticle and bullet impact are misaligned, and this is an issue with the replay function, not what actually transpired. I could have included replay footage from Oct's perspective but he has the live recording which is always better than the replay video. Also I'm lazy. Also, also, I wouldn't be so lazy if my video editing software wasn't a pain in the butt and barely functional.


Freyland
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:03 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Freyland » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:20 am

Thanks Goo. Hope Oct gets his video up as well. Then again, I know exactly what it "looks like" to be one-shotted on the run!
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

User avatar
Octavious
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:15 pm

I found it, but didn't have time to do anything with it. Honestly it's not very interesting except for your name popping up. :lol: I got another sweet sweet winchester kill yesterday. My team got wiped so I was just taking pot shots at other teams. Poor dude stopped right in front of me about 50m and bam headshot. As soon as it reloaded I finished him off. I have a soft spot for that stupid gun. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Red51ve chewed a guy down to 50% with his tommy gun and then he and his target took cover, so I threw a mollie from another angle and got my first burn kill.

I like the winchester too, even though I don't think I've ever had any success with it. I never take one unless I get totally hosed on assault rifles, but sometimes you get totally hosed on assault rifles. Hell, I'd rather use an ump on single fire with a 2x (or better) scope than a winchester, and yet for some reason I still like it.

User avatar
Octavious
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:38 pm

Nice I think I can count on one hand how many times I've tossed one. They seem to take a ton of space in the inventory so I never bother. It's really a good way to deter someone rushing your house.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

User avatar
Octavious
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:33 pm

I'll post it tonight along with some of my greatest hits to make me feel better. :lol: There's one where I take out an entire squad with an M249. And another where I take out 3 people with an AKM with no health. :mrgreen: I'm really starting to get the hang of the hectic drops. Something that I just was never good at.

The M249 is hilarious as you can hear my random useless teammate yelling at me to get into the circle. The only reason he got into the circle is because I was busy killing everyone. The M249 is REALLY hard to control for me. I should load that up in the training map. I've gotten really good with spray control on pretty much any other weapon. I don't even realize I'm doing it anymore. Now if I could just learn to not put myself in dumb situations and to stop repeeking bad spots i will be golden. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

User avatar
Octavious
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:44 pm

Sometimes the stars align. After this shot I was busy telling Frey how I had learned some things by watching better players online. Watching the video, I realize I was talking crap. I got lucky with a random shot and that's all it was. I thought I had taken him out with my last shot, assuming he peeked just as I fired. I did fire intentionally at him between the sheets of metal, but I had no expectations of actually hitting him. You can slow down the video if it's difficult to see.

Still, what a shot! I'll take it.

Last edited by GreenGoo on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:49 pm

Octavious wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm
As promised:
That was me you were spraying with your beryl in the window in the second video. You can hear the only grenade I had to throw at you land right after you died. It was a smoke grenade. :doh: In my defense, I knew it was a smoke grenade, I was hoping to flush you with the sound of a grenade landing. I had no idea you were already dead. In fact we all jumped out the window of the second story on the left side, and I was desperately trying to get people to believe me that there was a dude RIGHT THERE and to watch out. They glanced around, saw no one, and proceeded to ignore me. I spent the next 60-90 seconds sweating bullets, searching behind us and generally wondering where the f**k you had disappeared to.

I watched your other videos, thanks for posting them.

I was so glad to see you miss the downed guy 5 feet in front of you with a shotgun. I thought I was the only one who did that. I tend to keep quiet when it happens. :P

User avatar
Octavious
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:54 am

GreenGoo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:49 pm
Octavious wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm
As promised:
That was me you were spraying with your beryl in the window in the second video. You can hear the only grenade I had to throw at you land right after you died. It was a smoke grenade. :doh: In my defense, I knew it was a smoke grenade, I was hoping to flush you with the sound of a grenade landing. I had no idea you were already dead. In fact we all jumped out the window of the second story on the left side, and I was desperately trying to get people to believe me that there was a dude RIGHT THERE and to watch out. They glanced around, saw no one, and proceeded to ignore me. I spent the next 60-90 seconds sweating bullets, searching behind us and generally wondering where the f**k you had disappeared to.

I watched your other videos, thanks for posting them.

I was so glad to see you miss the downed guy 5 feet in front of you with a shotgun. I thought I was the only one who did that. I tend to keep quiet when it happens. :P
The downed guy with the shotgun is a bug. It's a very annoying bug. I so wanted to storm that building you have no idea. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 am

Octavious wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:54 am

The downed guy with the shotgun is a bug. It's a very annoying bug. I so wanted to storm that building you have no idea. :lol:
Hah. How do you figure? I know about the ADS on shotguns firing lower than non-ADS shots, but you clearly fired right in her armpit. You can even see that at least 1 pellet hit her, but not enough to finish her.

In any case, if it's something else I'm all ears. I'm not trying to make an actual issue out of it, but I watched the video and you can see your aim point is not centered on her.

Let me watch it again.

Ok, if you're saying that when you ADS'd the shotgun aim point lowered, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Watching the bug actually being tested, I didn't think that's what's happening however. I thought visually the aim point stayed the same but the pellets were misaligned with the aim point.

In any case, you knew about the bug and still missed. ;) Nice rez on that dude before that though. You must have been sweating bullets during that.

User avatar
Octavious
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:01 am

GreenGoo wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 am
Octavious wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:54 am

The downed guy with the shotgun is a bug. It's a very annoying bug. I so wanted to storm that building you have no idea. :lol:
Hah. How do you figure? I know about the ADS on shotguns firing lower than non-ADS shots, but you clearly fired right in her armpit. You can even see that at least 1 pellet hit her, but not enough to finish her.

In any case, if it's something else I'm all ears. I'm not trying to make an actual issue out of it, but I watched the video and you can see your aim point is not centered on her.

Let me watch it again.

Ok, if you're saying that when you ADS'd the shotgun aim point lowered, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Watching the bug actually being tested, I didn't think that's what's happening however. I thought visually the aim point stayed the same but the pellets were misaligned with the aim point.

In any case, you knew about the bug and still missed. ;) Nice rez on that dude before that though. You must have been sweating bullets during that.
Eh maybe I just missed who knows. Nah I play so many pickup matches that I really don't get all that stressed. Plus I could hear people coming pretty easily.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Freyland
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:03 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Freyland » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 am

Shotgun bug?
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:23 am

ADS has the pellet cluster centered slightly lower than non-ADS.

So if you aim at a wall and fire, then ADS and fire without moving your mouse, the ADS shot is slightly lower. It's a pretty small difference but it exists, and can impact how many pellets land.

The pellet spread from the shots sorta look like a Venn diagram with significant overlap, so we're not looking at a huge difference.

User avatar
Octavious
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm

No there's a random bug where you can't hit a downed person. I've seen streamers like Shroud and Chocotaco run into it multiple times. In this instance I probably just missed, but there is certainly a random issue with hitting downed people.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Octavious wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm
No there's a random bug where you can't hit a downed person. I've seen streamers like Shroud and Chocotaco run into it multiple times. In this instance I probably just missed, but there is certainly a random issue with hitting downed people.
Fair enough, but the shotgun bug/feature exists, for Frey and others.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Been quiet for awhile so I thought I'd throw up another short video.

Here's me showing a little improvement on recoil control. It's an AKM. I don't remember if it had a compensator on it or not. I'd guess no. Yeah, you can see there is nothing on the barrel. Ignore the initial potatoing. That's just me being me. I'm actually strafing while crouched, so the recoil control is doubly impressive for me. Yes it's at very short range. Cut me some slack.

I have 20 million videos of me sucking, but here's one where I'm not. Ignoring my initial hip firing of course. :oops: :D



User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39131
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Here's the end of a Duo last night with Frey. Frey had to bail because of work, so I was just screwing around. The first guy had 8 hp left, and the second guy I killed from beyond the grave with a molly. I was attempting to lay down some area denial so he couldn't just run right up like he did and shoot me exactly as he did. So the molly wasn't for him specifically, but for the area in front of the shed. Of course I would have trapped myself in there probably, but I had to choose from several bad choices, and that's the one I went with.

So the first guy lived for a short while after, but the guy who killed me burned to death. Worth it.


Post Reply