Diluvion vs Offworld Trading Company

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Diluvion vs Offworld Trading Company

Post by Daehawk »

Offworld Trading Company
Mars has been colonized. Now, Earth's greatest corporate titans have been invited to build companies to support it. The competition to dominate the market is fierce in this fast-paced economic RTS from Civilization IV lead Designer, Soren Johnson.

Diluvion
Diluvion is a 3D deep sea, Jules Verne inspired, exploration game with RPG elements and thrilling submarine combat. As the Captain of your own vessel, you must grow and manage your crew as you search for the secrets of the past in a hauntingly beautiful flooded world.

Both of these are supposedly great games and both of them are $10 right now. I can afford one...or neither. Im leaning to Diluvion. Any opinions?

OTC reminds me a LOT of the old game M.U.L.E which I loved and the game Diluvion makes me think of the old Aquanox series though its a lot more than that.

Has anyone here played both of them? Is one a stand out over the other?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Butterknife

Re: Diluvion vs Offworld Trading Company

Post by Butterknife »

I'm afraid I haven't played Diluvion, but I want to.

Offworld Trading Company is a solid game, and definitely different. I don't think it has much staying power though -- most everyone on my friends list with the game has about 6-7 hours on it. It is a lot of fun for a while but I just couldn't really get deeply into it -- probably because I'm just too old for the real-time decision making. Pause-and-decide worked great, though, so I got some mileage out of it. But I can only play against the computer for so long before I lost interest. Still I would recommend this one on sale if you are interested, just because it is a unique experience and those are so rare in games.
Daehawk

Re: Diluvion vs Offworld Trading Company

Post by Daehawk »

Was hoping to play what I got a good while so got Diluvion. But damn if the controls are not horrible. Ive tried both kb/mouse and controller and they are both a terror to try and get used to. Not sure what to do right now but its unplayable.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"