Dominions 5!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

LordMortis

Re: Dominions 5!

Post by LordMortis »

I put my main rig in a DMZ and have a real IP. I will try to configure a game as test and PM the IP address
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I think I'm going to pass guys, seems like it's too complicated for me at this time sadly.
Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

If someone wants to try to connect just normally one more time, I made some changes to port forwarding.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

RMC wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:52 pm If someone wants to try to connect just normally one more time, I made some changes to port forwarding.
Tried the 208.93.186.69, port 55555 again (and retried). No connection.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Tried LM's, no dice there either.

I did get a new PC since we last played. Don't recall needing to do anything special to connect to RMC's server before, but maybe there's something I would need to do. Can we get at least one other person to test besides me.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Maybe if we can coordinate time, I'll try bringing down Windows Firewall and Virus protection and have you retry. In the meantime I'll see if I can find you trying to connect in the logs. If I do, then I'll see about opening ports.

RMC, I still couldn't connect to you either.

This makes me sad. The big MP games I was so horrible at in 4 was the only reason I ran right out and got this.

Edit,

And Windows Firewall logs are turned off by default. Crappy.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Anyone want to try the himachi that I set-up then?

Just install it and connect using the OO-Dom5 network and password OOpassword.

Once there, you should be able to connect to the Dom 5 game. Not sure what IP to use then, but if you can see the PC on that network we can figure it out. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

One moment...

No problem getting in Woot!!!!!
RMC

Post by RMC »

You got in???
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I connected no problems through himatchi using the IP listed on your OO ID here and PW and port five fives.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Awesome. So that's the answer then. Want to upload a pretender to just verify it. Also, someone else want to do the same?

I'll pay for the upgraded service and then we can start a new thread and get everyone going.

:)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I haven't create one but I can create one a delete it later right?

Pretender Test2 connected.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Yeah. I’ll start up a real game now that we have it figured out.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Can I start creating a disciple or pretender? I need some (a lot?) of time to relearn stuff.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Should I be able to connect now?

I got in VPN w/ Hamachi, but there is a tunneling error on the MovieServer PC.

Tried to connect to Dom 5 game, failed to connect. Tried w/ the IP from this thread and w/ 2 IP's I saw in the Hamachi vpn.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:01 pm Can I start creating a disciple or pretender? I need some (a lot?) of time to relearn stuff.
Don't think you want to create a pretender for our MP game until we at least pick an age (your pretender is nation/age specific). Think with your lack of knowledge, we'd probably pick someone else to be the pretender, as we are all going to benefit/suffer from the pretender's design choices.

We want to start a separate thread for the game conversation, we can establish details there?
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Oh, and FYI, they put another minor bug fix patch out today (5.04 is most current version I have).
tgb

Post by tgb »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:14 pm
RMC wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:52 pm If someone wants to try to connect just normally one more time, I made some changes to port forwarding.
Tried the 208.93.186.69, port 55555 again (and retried). No connection.
No luck here either, unless I'm doing something really wrong
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but what exactly do I install? I reluctantly made a Himachi account, but have downloaded nothing. I tried to "deploy Hamachi" but that doesnt seem to be right.

BTW, that VPN I mentioned was Hotspot Shield VPN.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm Should I be able to connect now?

I got in VPN w/ Hamachi, but there is a tunneling error on the MovieServer PC.

Tried to connect to Dom 5 game, failed to connect. Tried w/ the IP from this thread and w/ 2 IP's I saw in the Hamachi vpn.
The local IP of that server is 192.168.1.3, was that one that you tried?

I am not sure if I need to open a port for Hamachi to work. Has anyone gotten it to work?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well someone got it to work, since there is a new pretender for Arco uploaded...

Okay, so it does work, we just need to document how it works for everyone now. :)
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I doubt it would be the local IP (Lord Mortis wouldn't have known that to connect). Tried it anyway though, no dice.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zenn7 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:53 am I doubt it would be the local IP (Lord Mortis wouldn't have known that to connect). Tried it anyway though, no dice.
I can see that two other computers connected. It is odd, that LM was able to do it. I'll try to research it.

Or should I try one of the other VPN services? I don't want this to be too hard to connect...

Or I guess we could just use Llamma Server? Thoughts everyone?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I had no problem.

https://www.vpn.net/

I went to the site and clicked download now. I downloaded himachi. It forced me to register at logmein. I registered. I Entered your VPN and password. Your VPN popped up. I started Dom 5. I connected to the VPN IP listed in Himachi. I used the five fives ports number. I got in.
d w/ 2 IP's I saw in the Hamachi vpn.
I only saw 1 IP in Himachi.

Once installed, I had to turn the VPN off when I was done by going down to the taskbar.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I'll restart the DOM 5 instance and make sure it is updated.

And I'll post what it says my IP address is..
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'll PM you the IP I connected to when I get home but that's not for another nine plus hours.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Looks like IP address is: 25.71.26.86 port 2620

Does that sound familiar?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I have no way of remembering.
RMC

Post by RMC »

hehe. No worries. But if someone else wants to try before you get home, that might help us get this all figured out. :)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If they they try they should also try port five fives as that is what I used... Unless you've changed it.
RMC

Post by RMC »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am If they they try they should also try port five fives as that is what I used... Unless you've changed it.
Sorry, the game port is still 55555. The Hamachi port is that one listed above. Not sure why I put that there, but wanted to make sure people knew what port it was trying to use in case their router was blocking that port on their side. :)
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I'm planning on getting this around Christmas, hopefully you all will have it figured out by then. :)
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

RMC wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 am Looks like IP address is: 25.71.26.86 port 2620

This shows in Hamachi as your MovieServer PC and is an IP I tried last night and tonight w/ port 55555, no luck.

The other IP address I saw in Hamachi I think I just realized is my PC.

MIght be possible we need to open up ports. Waiting to hear from LM on how he connected (or whoever uploaded the other pretender could share their method).
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zenn7 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:53 pm
RMC wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 am Looks like IP address is: 25.71.26.86 port 2620

This shows in Hamachi as your MovieServer PC and is an IP I tried last night and tonight w/ port 55555, no luck.

The other IP address I saw in Hamachi I think I just realized is my PC.

MIght be possible we need to open up ports. Waiting to hear from LM on how he connected (or whoever uploaded the other pretender could share their method).
Well Windows rebooted my computer, so Dom 5 was down. I just restarted.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Does anyone want to try a game on lamma server? I'll do all the work for set-up, while we work through getting this working. :)

The big thing with lamma server, is you get an email and have to download the file and then send a file back. It's very easy once you get the hang of it, but not as easy as a direct connect.

Let me know, and I will start a different thread for that. :)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I didn't try again last night. My bad. I am willing to try lamma server. That's basically PBEM?
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I'm fine with trying Llama server.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Fine with me
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Started a new thread, so we can hash out all the details for llamaserver.

:)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Spent a chunk of the weekend playing fomoria in EA. It's been long and slow but Giants that age so slowly can play the long game right?

I don't seem to know how to play a fast game, which suggests things are going to go poorly for me in the MP game, much like they did in Dom 4.