Grim Dawn, Van Helsing playing both enjoying both

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaddison

Grim Dawn, Van Helsing playing both enjoying both

Post by Jaddison »

If there is interest I will write about playing both of these at the same time- alternating- not actually playing simultaneously.

I have about 180 hours on both and find each to be more fun than Diablo 3 but that may just be because they are fresher and I played D3 a lot.

Grim Dawn is fun because the of the dual class system and seeing what works well and what doesn't work well. Right now my highest alt is a LVL 38 Demoliionist/Nighblade that has way more points in demo than nightblade. Playing on veteran difficulty and right now this guy is my toughest most survivable build who also packs a wallop. Yesterday took at a Level 40 Boss without much trouble (was level 36 at the time).
Squishy builds suffer after a bit in GD because as you progress in veteran mode there are a lot of high damage bad guys swarming you.
What I like is the number of class combos and the devotion system that lets you build unique characters that have interesting attacks/abilities. Also it doesn't appear there is a character limit (yes i have alt-itis)

Van Helsing- fun classes for the most part and unique in a steam-punk way. Interesting story and lots of additional elements to keep things interesting. Every once and a while you get a tower defense mission which are getting more and more challenging. You also get characters you can send out on missions of different types and difficulty and then you gryphon that can go it's own set of missions that can lead to some pretty good rewards. Add in crafting of two types traditional gear and also essences which can be combined and then added to gear
What i like- the companion Lady Katrina, is fun and she advances with you and has skill/ability trees so you can make her unique. The skills and aura system so far is fun and again you can build very unique characters. The two true steampunk type characters are a lot of fund and the Bounty Hunter dual pistol has grown on me as well.
What i don't like- you can only have 6 alts- SIX! The tank and the magic only builds are not very fun- if you try the Elementalist prepare to die often.

Can't say which I like better at the moment.

Well thats all for now- I write more as I progress based on interest in the thread.
Daehawk

Re: Grim Dawn, Van Helsing playing both enjoying both

Post by Daehawk »

I liked the Van Helsing games I own. Grim is still on my wish list so cant say how it is.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

To get the tower defense mini games, you have to have a specific expansion for VH, correct?

I'm not sure I want to keep going in my initial game with it if that's the case (I don't think I have all the expansions). I love me some TD.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I have Van Helsing Final Cut which fuses all 3 together. I had a lvl 52 pholg at one point but after not playing for a while they put out an update that wiped perks clean and you couldn't get them back.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Have found an interesting "gunslinger" build. Inquisitor/soldier. No pets but Inquisitor allows dual wielding pistols plus lots of high damage drop and forget abilities. Soldier provides the ability to take some damage and not die quickly.
This guys name is "Roland of Gilead". Am at 27 but he is so much fun to play will probably forge ahead with him for a bit
314 hours played and have only finished the original game once so far- too many builds to try out!

I have 184 hours on Van Helsing.

Like both games better than D3.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

I've been playing quite a bit of Grim Dawn myself. I'm currently running a level 77 full army Necro/Occultist. Mostly al I do is run and hide while my skeletons plink things down. It's not super exciting, but it's really effective.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Fretmute wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 pm I've been playing quite a bit of Grim Dawn myself. I'm currently running a level 77 full army Necro/Occultist. Mostly al I do is run and hide while my skeletons plink things down. It's not super exciting, but it's really effective.
I enjoyed doing that in Diablo II. With the reflect damage aura maxed out and corpse explosion, it made for a very passive, but very fun play style. And safe. But when things went in the toilet, things REALLY went down fast.

I'm not even sure I finished grim Dawn with any builds, although I'm pretty sure I had like 10-15 alts going at once, just to experience all the classes.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

you can build quite a pet army in GD.

I liked the army you could build with the witch doctor in D3. I enjoyed them more than the skeleton army
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:39 pmI enjoyed doing that in Diablo II. With the reflect damage aura maxed out and corpse explosion, it made for a very passive, but very fun play style. And safe. But when things went in the toilet, things REALLY went down fast.

I'm not even sure I finished grim Dawn with any builds, although I'm pretty sure I had like 10-15 alts going at once, just to experience all the classes.
My issue at the moment is that I'm playing on max difficulty and get -50% to all of my resistances, and most of them are decent, but pierce and bleed are sitting at -40%. And, since most pierce attacks result in a bleed . . . one stray shot of that type from pretty much anything ends me.

I will also say that the addition of the crucible mode completely changed things around, at least for higher level characters. Unlocking the shrines in higher difficulties was a tremendous pain in the ass due to all of the crafting that had to be done, and now that you can just grind things out in the Crucible, finishing your devotion tree on a higher level character is significantly less painful.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:coffee: ... Grim Dawn just pushed Patch V1.0.4.0 out the door tonight (279 MB)

The changelog is as long as your arm .. (depending on genetics)
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wish the devs would give us a way to manually save the game right before we log out. I never feel safe leaving the game. How hard could it be and what exactly could it break by giving customers peace of mind? Even if it was just in town. Let me have that known save.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
KDH

Post by KDH »

... :occasion-birthday: ... Happy 2nd Birthday for Grim Dawn

Did you know that the 12 guys that comprise this developer don't even have an office .. they all work from home

Happy 2nd Birthday Grim Dawn!
February 26 - Zantai

Two years ago, a little project of ours left Early Access and cemented its position as one of the highest rated and most well-received ARPGs of all time. That little project was of course Grim Dawn.

Back when work first started on Grim Dawn, we had no idea just how big it would become, or how far it would go. We once told ourselves that 200k copies sold would have spelled success, but with over a million copies sold of the base game alone, we could not be more amazed or pleased by the reception the game has received from all of you. Thank you!

Even though it has been two years, Grim Dawn is still growing. We are very excited to share some upcoming news with you, so be sure to stop by on March 5th for a MAJOR announcement!
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
KDH

Post by KDH »

... :dance: ... Since so many were excited to know more after last week's tease ( :whistle: )
... Announcing...
Spoiler:
As teased last week during Grim Dawn’s second anniversary since its release from Early Access, we have some big news for you today!

What could it be? Did our teaser give you any ideas?

Last chance to guess.

It’s no secret by now that we are working on an Xbox One port of the game, which is coming posthaste and big news in itself, but that’s actually not what we’re here to talk about today.

Nope.

It’s not that.

Hot on the heels of our successful release of Ashes of Malmouth last Fall, we are here to announce the next chapter of Grim Dawn!

Enlarge Image

In the Forgotten Gods expansion, you will journey beyond the bounds of the Erulan Empire, traversing burning sands, lush oases and volcanic wastes to reach the sun beaten ruins of a city with secrets that should never have been disturbed. The flames of a forgotten god have been rekindled, sending ripples through the Eldritch realm and sowing terror even among the Witch Gods themselves.

Enlarge Image

Along with quality of life features, you will pursue new powers, hundreds of new Unique items and Monster Infrequents and more! Battle dozens of new foes across new dungeons and a new gameplay mode which we’ll be discussing in detail in the coming months!

In short, Forgotten Gods will be another thrilling densely-packed addition to the critically acclaimed Grim Dawn and its first expansion, Ashes of Malmouth.

The best news of all though is that not only has work on this expansion already begun, it’s well underway. We expect Forgotten Gods to release in the second half of 2018!

We are very excited to share more details of what’s coming in the Forgotten Gods expansion, so be sure to stay tuned for future Grim Misadventures as we return to our regular bi-weekly update schedule.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Eager to learn more about the upcoming Forgotten Gods expansion? Check back on 03/19/2018 for our next development update!
Check back on 03/19/2018 for our next development update!
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Not that I'm complaining, but I didn't see evidence of a new archetype, correct?
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Another game I can look forward to playing in 18 months when it's 75% off on a Steam sale.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
KDH

Post by KDH »

Hyena wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:48 pm Not that I'm complaining, but I didn't see evidence of a new archetype, correct?
Pardon my sleep deprived brain .. if you mean character classes ... CRATE likes to tease out info on their own schedule rather than a single info-dump. The two classses in the previous xpac were revealed individually. With each new class the work involved in balancing the combination with previous classes becomes more complex. ... I am expecting 2 classes, but it hasen't been announced.

Personally I would prefer 2 classes, new equipment to support those classes (and combos), and quality-of-life improvements (as they hinted at) ... and less of an extension to the game length ... when you factor-in the game is intended to be played-thru 3 times

On the forums there has been mention that they are tied to the game engine in its current iteration due to the original release supporting previous direct-x versions for older machines, and to leave that behind could possibly cheat some owners out of their purchase ... so any changes have to wait for GD2
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

KDH wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:48 pm Not that I'm complaining, but I didn't see evidence of a new archetype, correct?
Pardon my sleep deprived brain .. if you mean character classes ... CRATE likes to tease out info on their own schedule rather than a single info-dump. The two classses in the previous xpac were revealed individually. With each new class the work involved in balancing the combination with previous classes becomes more complex. ... I am expecting 2 classes, but it hasen't been announced.

Personally I would prefer 2 classes, new equipment to support those classes (and combos), and quality-of-life improvements (as they hinted at) ... and less of an extension to the game length ... when you factor-in the game is intended to be played-thru 3 times

On the forums there has been mention that they are tied to the game engine in its current iteration due to the original release supporting previous direct-x versions for older machines, and to leave that behind could possibly cheat some owners out of their purchase ... so any changes have to wait for GD2
Yeah, I use the term archetypes interchangeably with class because of the dual-class system that I love so much. Sorry if I misspoke.

I completely agree with you in terms of not lengthening the game, because I have yet to finish Ashes. I am not sure what the hangup has been, either. Titan Quest was one of my most-played games, and this game is basically a re-skin of that one in victorian-era times with guns. I must have started TQ twenty or thirty times with new combos, and finished and replayed the game through all difficulties with more than a dozen characters up to and past level 60+, but I have only finished GD twice, and have yet to finish the expansion. I haven't even played one character through the second difficulty all the way through yet, and I was in the game when it was still in Beta.

The only thing I can think of, and I know this is going to sound ridiculous in an action-click-fest game like this, is that Titan Quest had a definable story; you were chasing down a known enemy through various periods of recognizable history with familiar enemy stereotypes. GD's story is much more complicated; being possessed by one enemy while another enemy is fighting the enemy that tried to possess you, you wander from encampment to encampment, fighting on two fronts that are also fighting each other, but you never seen much evidence of their war, you just read about it in tomes and journals scattered around. I might be over-simplifying it, but that's what I got out of it.

I think it would have made more sense to me to fight against the Cthonians in one game, then in GD2 their ancient enemy, the Ethereals, show up to finish them off and you get stuck in the way and have to fight them, too. But what do I know, I just play the games that other people create, not make them myself.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
KDH

Post by KDH »

... :coffee:
... As mentioned previously .. and only 5 days late because, reasons ..
... Posted 3-19 ... Grim Misadventure #134: Sand Threats
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Keen eyes spotted strange shadows lurking in the background that did not match anything currently in the game. Just what was lurking back there?

Turns out, it’s lizards.

Sandclaw
Fiercely territorial and protective of their nesting grounds, Sandclaws roam the far reaches of the Korvan Plateau, threatening any would be invaders of their lands.

The desert sands and the relentless sun make this area a brutal place to live, but the Sandclaws are highly adaptive. Their scales make them naturally resistant to lightning, and their claws can pierce through even man-made armor. And when a forgotten power began to stir beneath the sands, causing cataclysmic destruction to ripple through the Korvan Plateau and tear the very earth apart in volcanic eruptions, the Sandclaws adapted to that too.
Enlarge Image
... Sandclaws
The lands the Sandclaws inhabit have been abandoned for centuries, but a terrible discovery has caused humans to return to the forsaken ruins buried beneath the sands. What they were not counting on is that nature had reclaimed the Korvan empire and would viciously defend its prize. As for the sandclaws? They merely rediscovered an ancient taste for human flesh…
Korvan Scarab
In case armored flesh-tearing sand lizards was not enough of a deterrent for you, the deserts and ruins of the Korvan Plateau have more in store for you. These brutish scavengers may feature a tough outer exterior, but it’s really what’s inside that counts. Actually, no, you probably don’t want to find out what’s inside because it’s mostly acidic bile.
Enlarge Image
... Korvan Scarab
The Korvan Scarabs are not particularly discerning of what they consume. Bone, sandclaw, human…their bile can dissolve it all into a palpable mush. They use their powerful mandibles to trap and dismember prey foolish enough to get too close before liquifying it with a stream of acid.

Getting too close may just be inevitable, for if you wish to discover the secrets buried beneath the sands, secrets already found by a Chosen few, you will have to contend with these oversized arthropods.

After all, Oaths must be Kept; oaths with consequences that will echo across the cosmos.

A lot of questions are floating around these days. Questions about just how shattering a new game mode might be, or just how empoweringly powerful new powers will be. With Forgotten Gods featuring a huge new chapter of Grim Dawn’s growing world, there is going to be something for everybody to look forward to. What that all entails, you will have to find out in our upcoming development updates!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 04/02/2018 for our regular development updates as we return to our classic bi-weekly schedule.

My apologies for hijacking this thread as the official thread for this game .. but .. the original post doesn't show up in the search results for, like, a long time
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Looking forward to expansion though I still haven't made it through the first expansion- difficulty ramped way up and it makes for some slow going.
KDH

Post by KDH »

... First up ... Their annual April Fools post ... Oh, please be an April Fools post, please :pray:

. Paramour Levels
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
... Next up ... Transmutation Service to aid in completing sets coming in the next xpac
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Transmutation has been created specifically to aid you in completing item sets. Whenever you end up with a duplicate set piece, you can simply bring it over to your neighborhood Inventor. There you will have two options: Same Set and Random Set.

Same Set
As you can surmise, this option allows you to turn a set piece you have into another piece of the same set. While this mechanic is more expensive than the Random Set option, you are guaranteed to get another piece of the exact set you want! RNG gods not favoring your drops and can’t find the blueprint for that set helm? Transmute another set piece into it! Consequently, were you able to find the helm blueprint but had no luck with the rest of the set? Farm up the materials to craft additional helms and Transmute them to the other pieces!

Random Set
So, let’s say your dice have been cursed and just keep landing the same set over and over despite you telling the RNG gods very clearly that you’re NOT interested in rolling your 10th Markovian Soldier. But luck just will not relent! This is where the Random Set option comes in.

Simply place your undesired set piece in the Inventor’s UI and let them do the work. With this option, you can chance a set piece into a random part of a completely different set of a comparable level (ex. a level 94 Legendary set piece would become an item from another Legendary 84-94 set).

Similarly to the Same Set option, you can also utilize the crafting system to craft Set helms that could then be Transmuted at the Inventor.

Following a short quest in the Forgotten Gods expansion, every Inventor will unlock the ability to Transmute your set items.

Transmutation is just one of several great new features we’re working on for you with the Forgotten Gods expansion. Check back for future dev updates as we reveal more of what’s in store!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 04/16/2018 for our regular development updates as we return to our classic bi-weekly schedule.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Jaddison wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:27 pm Looking forward to expansion though I still haven't made it through the first expansion- difficulty ramped way up and it makes for some slow going.
I'm suffering from Alt-Itis in this like I did in Titan Quest. I've gotten the expansion and am having a ball with the Necromancer, but have made something like 5 characters of varying Necro-ness. Pet classes are my big thing, so I love that I've got a small army working for me.

I passed through 70 waves of Crucible with my level 32 pure Necro, specialized in pets & pet buffs only - without breaking the 10x score multiplier once, I think. The score was close to 200,000. I stopped at 70 because the last couple of waves were actually getting hard and I wanted to see what was in the gold chest. I was having to re-summon pets constantly. My job there was to re-summon, buff, and not get hit. I don't even have an attack button for my weapon, just my pets.

Story-wise, I've only just gotten past the Warden, and only with one character. I spend a lot more time in the Crucible, looting and fighting.

Before the expansion and the Necro class, my highest score was something like 59,000 with an Occult/Shaman pet class.
KDH wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:29 am ... Next up ... Transmutation Service to aid in completing sets coming in the next xpac
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Transmutation has been created specifically to aid you in completing item sets. Whenever you end up with a duplicate set piece, you can simply bring it over to your neighborhood Inventor. There you will have two options: Same Set and Random Set.

Same Set
As you can surmise, this option allows you to turn a set piece you have into another piece of the same set. While this mechanic is more expensive than the Random Set option, you are guaranteed to get another piece of the exact set you want! RNG gods not favoring your drops and can’t find the blueprint for that set helm? Transmute another set piece into it! Consequently, were you able to find the helm blueprint but had no luck with the rest of the set? Farm up the materials to craft additional helms and Transmute them to the other pieces!

Random Set
So, let’s say your dice have been cursed and just keep landing the same set over and over despite you telling the RNG gods very clearly that you’re NOT interested in rolling your 10th Markovian Soldier. But luck just will not relent! This is where the Random Set option comes in.

Simply place your undesired set piece in the Inventor’s UI and let them do the work. With this option, you can chance a set piece into a random part of a completely different set of a comparable level (ex. a level 94 Legendary set piece would become an item from another Legendary 84-94 set).

Similarly to the Same Set option, you can also utilize the crafting system to craft Set helms that could then be Transmuted at the Inventor.

Following a short quest in the Forgotten Gods expansion, every Inventor will unlock the ability to Transmute your set items.

Transmutation is just one of several great new features we’re working on for you with the Forgotten Gods expansion. Check back for future dev updates as we reveal more of what’s in store!
I hope that's real and not April Fool's - 'cause that's awesome. I knew there was a reason I was holding onto the three identical boots from each set I've gotten when I had no other parts!
Last edited by Paingod on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
KDH

Post by KDH »

... a day or two late .. sue me :liar:
... Grim Misadventure #136 - Enter the Korvan Plateau .. ((April 16th))
Grim Misadventure #136 - Enter the Korvan Plateau

Here we are with another Grim Misadventure, the #1 locally sourced source of Grim Dawn development update news. Last time, we announced one of the awesome new quality of life features we’re working on for Forgotten Gods. But much still remains to be revealed for the upcoming 2nd expansion to Grim Dawn.

In more immediate news, you’ll be happy to know that v1.0.6.0 testing has begun and we expect to roll out the latest free content update in the coming weeks!

Today though, we’re going on a tour…keep your arms and appendages inside the car because we are entering the unknown…of the Korvan Plateau.

Far from the reaches of the Erulan empire, long before the first Erulan banner was even raised, a culture thrived in the oases of the Korvan Plateau. A culture deeply rooted in tradition and faith, where an Oath made upon the temple steps was worth more than the gold that lined its statues and walls.

Here was a land of purity by fire, of virtue through zealous faith to a god of unfathomable power. But then tragedy struck, the land was split asunder with violent eruptions and the people scattered to the winds to escape the enraged wrath of their patron. Or perhaps it was the land itself reacting to the agony of its celestial benefactor. None living today could tell you for certain, no human anyway.
The civilization crumbled into ruin, its riches plundered by thieves and opportunists, but something has awakened deep beneath the sands. A fire once again burns within the temple and new eyes are drawn to this once sacred place.

What will they discover? What terrible secrets await?
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 04/30/2018 for the next Grim Misadventure.
KDH

Post by KDH »

... :coffee: ... Grim Misadventure #137: ... A Patch Near You
Welcome back to Grim Misadventures!

While Forgotten Gods cooks on full burn, we have some more immediate news to share with you today. As we mentioned last time, patch v1.0.6.0 entered testing and is well under way.

Today, we’d like to give you a preview of what’s all to come in Grim Dawn’s latest major content update!

As always, every free content update is filled with tuning adjustments and general improvements in addition to new content and features, so let’s sample what's in store as we near the release of this patch:

Unleash the Kraken! ... A New Boss
Spoiler:
Kra’vall, the Ancient of the Waters has stirred within Ugdenbog and awaits daring new morsels. Beware, as its lair is heavily guarded by local Slith, which are certain to defend their aquatic ‘god’. ... What better reason to hunt down this beastie though than a one-shot chest and 2 new unique Monster Infrequents? Happy hunting, and good luck!
Enlarge Image

Shaking up the Crucible
Spoiler:
The Crucible’s end-game has stagnated a bit and we’re going to give it a nice big boost, with significant balance changes that should bring new playstyles into the fray.

A quick rundown of some of what’s to come:

Defensive Ability is capped at 60% Chance to Hit, meaning enemies will never have a lower than 60% chance to hit you, and vice-versa. As Defensive Ability stacking was a popular choice for surviving the dangers of the Crucible, additional changes are being made to compensate for this and even the playing field.
Increased Tributes rewarded at Wave 160 and 170
Reduced number of non-boss enemy spawns in the 151-170 range
Reduced effectiveness of monster crowd control and fumble effects as well as increased monster susceptibility to crowd control
Reduced damage dealt by Nemesis bosses
Significantly increased the power and utility of player-constructed beacons
Increased the power of Celestial Blessings, particularly for pets

Legendary Collection Grows ... 3 new sets:
Spoiler:
Radaggan’s Folly
Enlarge Image

Rimetongue
Enlarge Image

The Blood Knight
Enlarge Image

Qualities of Life
Spoiler:

No more level requirements at the Illusionist, look as badass as you want on your new characters right from the gallows!

Track down Nemesis bosses with a new minimap icon that displays their position when they are near!
Enlarge Image

Balance Changes
Over 60 changes to items in addition to adjustments to every mastery. Pet skills are seeing some major changes for the pet lovers out there to experiment on.

Bosses had their innate resistances rebalanced so that they have a better spread across all the various damage types, rather than more frequently penalizing Physical and Pierce damage.

All this and more (MOAR!) is coming posthaste as we wrap up testing in early May and get Patch v1.0.6.0 out to you!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 05/14/2018 for the next Grim Misadventure.
KDH

Post by KDH »

... :coffee: ... Grim Dawn updated to v1.0.6.0 today

changelog (pack a lunch)
Spoiler:
V1.0.6.0 Changelog
It is time to unleash the kraken!

Another major update is upon us and this one is packed with awesome additions! Be on the lookout for 3 new Legendary quality sets, major changes to the Crucible's balance and of course be sure to explore the corners of Ugdenbog in search of the mysterious Kra'Vall, the Ancient of the Waters!

For a full list of changes, see below!

V1.0.6.0

[Major New Features]

A great beast stirs within the waters of Ugdenbog. Worshiped by the local Slith as a god, it yearns for fleshy sacrifices. Seek out Kra'vall the Ancient of the Waters within central Ugdenbog if you dare and earn new Monster Infrequents exclusive to this powerful foe.
The introduction of new factions with the upcoming Forgotten Gods expansion necessitated some minor changes to the save format. As such, characters loaded in v1.0.6.0 are not compatible with earlier versions of the game.
Three new Legendary quality sets have been added to the loot pool: Radaggan's Folly, Rimetongue and The Blood Knight. These 4-piece sets open up new ways to build your characters. Good luck on the loot hunt!
Item Level Requirements have been removed from the Illusionist. You may now apply illusions on an item regardless of what level the illusion is (ex. make a level 1 character's gear look like a level 94's gear).
Nemesis bosses are now marked on the minimap with a skull icon when they are near.

[Crucible]

Increased Tributes earned for ending the Crucible at Wave 160 and 170.
Adjusted number of non-boss enemies spawned in the 151-170 range.
Reduced effectiveness of % Physical Resist Reduction debuffs applied by Ashes of Malmouth enemies.
With a few exceptions, reduced the effectiveness of Fumble effects applied by monsters in the Crucible by upwards of 50%.
Increased monster penalty to Crowd Control Effects by an additional 15% (to 40%). Previously, monster crowd control effect duration was reduced by 25%. (This is a buff to players)
Removed bonus to Crowd Control Resists for monsters that scaled with Wave #.
Nemesis boss damage reduced by 4% for base game Nemesis bosses and 7% for Ashes of Malmouth Nemesis Bosses.
Increased monster health by ~0-4%, scaling up with Wave #.
Increased monster health scaling with number of players by up to 15%. Solo play health values remain unchanged except for the abovementioned health increase.
Significantly increased the attack rate and damage of all Beacons.
Deathchill Beacon now also reduces enemy Offensive Ability for 5s with its attacks. The potency of this effect increases with upgrades.
Inferno Beacon now also reduces enemy % Damage for 5s with its basic attack. Previously only the Fire Storm reduced damage. The potency of this effect increases with upgrades.
Stormcaller Beacon's Defensive Ability and Total Resist Reduction effects now last 5s, up from 3s. Increased the potency of the Resist Reduction effect to 25/30/33 from 20/25/30.
Stonewall Banner now also increases Defensive Ability by 50 (100 when fully upgraded).
Vanguard Banner now also increases Offensive Ability by 50 (100 when fully upgraded). Increased the % All Speed granted by the Frenzy buff to 35%, up from 20%.
Improved effectiveness of all Celestial Blessings for pets even if pets are resummoned, with an additional bonus from the initial cast of the blessing if you keep the pets alive.
Blessing of Ulo now also boosts resistances against all damage types by 25% (8% to Physical).
Empyrion's Guidance now increases Health by 80%, up from 60%
Might of Amatok now modifies damage by 33%, up from 30%, and is more effective for pets by applying an additional % damage modifier instead of the % All damage bonus pets received. This will no longer appear in the character sheet, but is much more potent.
Ulzuin's Pact now boosts Offensive and Defensive Ability by 30 + 5% and reduces Skill Energy Costs by 25%, up from 20%, but no longer reduces cooldowns.

[Art]

All head gear now correctly displays a shadow when equipped.

[Tech]

Fixed an issue where non-English translations of the game would not display genderization formatting correctly in the Quest Log.

[Game]

The Probability to Hit Formula (PTH) has been adjusted. It is now capped at a minimum of 60%, meaning that excessively high Defensive Ability values can no longer reduce an opponent's chance to hit below 60%. This change applies to both monsters and players, but will have little impact outside of the high-end gameplay in the hardest waves of the Crucible or hunting super bosses.
Adjusted Boss Damage Resistance distribution. A disproportionate number of bosses had baseline resistances to Physical and Pierce damage compared to other damage types. Several of those instances have been adjusted in favor of diversifying the damage bosses are resistant to.
Fixed an issue that caused certain doors to sometimes become stuck despite being visually open.
Fixed an issue where chests would sometimes drop lower level items than intended.

[Itemization]

Added Inquisitor and Necromancer skill bonuses to more of the level 50-75 Legendary items with Mythical versions that already support these classes in order to provide additional options while levelling.
Reduced cooldown of summon skills granted by items that summon permanent pets to 30s. Damage and Crit damage dealt by non-player scaling pets summoned by items now scales better with level.
Non-player scaling pets summoned by items now deal a portion of their attack damage with their special attacks.
Magic Prefix - Stalwart: reduced % Defensive Ability to 5% for accessories, 3% for armor (pre-expansion values)
Rare Prefix - Assassin: reduced % Defensive Ability to 3%
Rare Prefix - Commando: reduced % Defensive Ability to 3%
Rare Prefix - Overseer: reduced % Defensive Ability to 3%
Rare Prefix - Tactician: reduced % Defensive Ability to 3%
Rare Prefix - Vindicator: reduced % Defensive Ability to 3%
Rare Suffix - Grove: added 3% Health bonus, removed % Cooldown Reduction
Relic - Deathstalker: fixed an issue where switching pet stances would disable the summoned pet's aura.
Relic - Menhir's Bastion: replaced % Pierce Resist with 350 Health, increased % Damage Blocked to 38% and redesigned granted skill.
Faction - Aetherbolt Pendant: increased Lightning damage modifier for Aether Ray to 15-120
Faction - Blazerush: added 100% of Lightning converted to Fire modifier for Upheaval
Faction - Hex Launcher: increased Aether damage modifier for Drain Essence to 60
Faction - Hexflame: increased Fire damage modifier for Albrecht's Aether Ray to 55
Faction - Wendigo Oppressor Seal renamed to Wendigo Conjuring Seal
Monster Infrequent - Archon's Warmaul: replaced bonus to Aura of Conviction with +2 to Aura of Censure. Added up to 3 targets modifier for Fire Strike and reduced its % Damage Modifier modifier to 5%.
Monster Infrequent - Ascended Diadem: increased Duration modifier for Mirror of Ereoctes to 0.4s
Monster Infrequent - Bloodsworn Scepter: increased Chaos damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 24-90
Monster Infrequent - Fleshwarped Tome: increased Aether Damage modifier for Albrecht's Aether Ray to 80
Monster Infrequent - Loghorrean's Corruption: fixed an issue where this item would drop with lower level affixes than intended.
Monster Infrequent - Rylok Mark: increased Vitality damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 60
Monster Infrequent - Spectral War Shield: increased chance of striking additional targets modifier for Drain Essence to 15% of 3 targets on the high level versions of this MI
Monster Infrequent - Ugdenbog Chillstrife: added Offensive Ability bonus, removed % Cooldown Reduction
Monster Infrequent - Ugdenbog Flamestrife: increased Fire damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 66
Monster Infrequent - Ugdenbog Stormstrife: added Offensive Ability bonus, removed % Cooldown Reduction

Legendary Items

Aegis of the Legion Set: renamed to Stronghold of the Legion
Allagast's Masterpiece Set: added 15-80 Lightning damage modifier for Trozan's Sky Shard and increased Offensive Ability to 50
Belgothian's Slicer: added 50 Pierce damage and 60 Reduced Defensive Ability for 5s modifiers for Markovian's Advantage, increased % Pierce Ratio to 40%, damage adjusted accordingly
Blazeheart: increased Cooldown modifier for Mark of Torment to -3s
Dark One's Hood: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Bloody Pox to 50
Deathguard Set: added 30% Cold converted to Acid
Deathguard Shroud: moved Cold converted to Acid bonus to 4p set bonus
Deathmarked Claw: replaced bonus to Whirling Death with +2 to Nidalla's Justifiable Ends
Deathmarked Jacket: reduced flat Cold damage to 6, replaced bonus to Nidalla's Justifiable Ends with +3 to Whirling Death, added % Pierce damage bonus
Deathmark's Shadow Set: increased % Cold/Pierce Resist Reduction to -18% on granted skill
Mythical Deathmarked Claw: added 3% Attack Damage Converted to Health, replaced bonus to Whirling Death with +2 to Nidalla's Justifiable Ends, added 12% Attack Damage Converted to Health modifier for Whirling Death
Mythical Deathmarked Decapitator: increased Pierce Ratio to 33%, damage adjusted accordingly. Added 3% Attack Damage Converted to Health.
Mythical Deathmarked Jacket: reduced flat Cold damage to 12, replaced bonus to Nidalla's Justifiable Ends with +3 to Whirling Death, added % Pierce damage bonus
Diviner's Vision Set: increased Duration modifier for Reap Spirit to 15s
Diviner's Mask: added 25 All Resist Reduction for 3s modifier for Reap Spirit
Farath's Cube: increased Cold damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 75
Fiendgaze Tome: added 50% of Physical dealt as Chaos for pets
Herald of Blazing Ends: increased Burn Duration to 100%
Korba's Fury Set: added 40 Bleed damage / 3s modifier for Savagery and increase % Weapon damage modifier for Ring of Steel to 125%
Mageslayer's Armguard: increased Elemental damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 80
Mageslayer's Hood: increased Elemental damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 60
Mythical Abyssal Mask: increased Vitality damage modifier for Drain Essence to 70
Mythical Adversary: increased % Weapon damage modifiers for Canister Bomb and Grenado to 35% and 100%, respectively
Mythical Avatar of Mercy: reduced cooldown on skill proc to 50s
Mythical Blade of the Black Flame: increased Chaos damage modifiers for Albrecht's Aether Ray and Flames of Ignaffar to 66
Mythical Chilling Grip of Hagarrad: added +2 to Grenado and 130 Cold damage and 90 Frostburn damage / 5s modifiers for Grenado
Mythical Cindercore: increased Burn damage modifiers for Canister Bomb and Grenado to 200
Mythical Consumption of Agrivix: increased Burn damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 130
Mythical Crescent Moon: added +1 to Demolitionist Skills, 4% Cooldown Reduction. Added 25% Weapon damage and 100% of Physical dealt as Cold modifiers for Grenado.
Mythical Deathbound Amethyst: increased Cold damage modifier for Drain Essence to 76
Mythical Deathdealer's Sidearm: increased Physical damage modifier for Reaping Strike to 70
Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: increased Aether damage modifier for Albrecht's Aether Ray to 75
Mythical Fiendgaze Tome: added 50% of Physical dealt as Chaos for pets
Mythical Gauntlets of Ignaffar: increased Fire damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 130
Mythical Grim Fate: increased Fire damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 50
Mythical Hagarradian Enforcer: added +3 to Shattering Blast
Mythical Herald of Blazing Ends: increased Burn Duration to 120%, added 10 Fire damage modifier for Blackwater Cocktail
Mythical Iskandra's Texts: increased Duration modifier for Mirror of Ereoctes to 0.4s
Mythical Mark of Divinity: reduced cooldown on skill proc to 80s
Mythical Mark of Ulzuin: increased Burn damage modifier for Albrecht's Aether Ray to 130
Mythical Pagar's Betrayal: increased Chaos damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 60
Mythical Riftwarped Grasp: increased Vitality damage modifier for Drain Essence to 60
Mythical Runed Dagger of Dreeg: base damage changed to Vitality
Mythical Skull of Gul'Amash: increased % Crit damage damage modifier for Drain Essence to 14 and increased Vitality damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 70
Mythical Stormseer Sapphire: increased Lightning damage modifier for Albrecht's Aether Ray to 8-150
Mythical Temporal Arcblade: increased Lightning damage and number of targets to 2 on the skill proc
Mythical Vigar's Hunger: increased % Attack Damage Converted to Health modifier for Drain Essence to 6%
Mythical Voidsteel Gauntlets: added 10-150 Chaos damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar
Mythical Warpfire: reduced Burn Duration to 50%
Mythical Witching Hour: reduced All Resist Reduction for pets on the granted skill to 28 and the % Chaos damage bonus for pets to 350%
Nature's Avenger Set: skill proc now grants 25% Physical Resist instead of % Health and grants 15% Attack Speed, increased Health Regen to 90 and % Health Regen to 200%, added 25% Reflect Resist bonus. Replaced % Crit damage modifier for Zolhan's Technique with a 60% Weapon damage modifier.
Avenger's Armor: replaced bonus to Feral Hunger with +2 to Upheaval
Avenger's Crusher: replaced Bleed damage with Internal Trauma damage, replaced Bleed damage on Briar Wave with Internal Trauma damage
Avenger's Girdle: replaced Bleed damage on the granted passive with Internal Trauma damage
Avenger's Pauldrons: replaced Bleed damage with Internal Trauma damage, added 30% Increased Internal Trauma Duration
Runed Dagger of Dreeg: base damage changed to Vitality
Scepter of Malmouth: increased Vitality damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 82
Temporal Arcblade: increased Lightning damage and number of targets to 2 on the skill proc
Trozan's Skybreach Set: added -0.4s Cooldown and -15% Energy Cost modifiers for Trozan's Sky Shard
Ultos' Storm Set: increased Lightning damage to 12-72
Ultos' Hood: increased % Physical Resist to 4%
Ultos' Stormseeker: added 6% Physical Resist
Ultos' Tempest Set: increased Lightning damage to 30-98, increased damage and reduced cooldown on skill proc
Mythical Ultos' Hood: increased % Physical Resist to 4%
Mythical Ultos' Stormseeker: added 8% Physical Resist and a 100 Lightning damage modifier for Primal Strike
Ulzuin's Avatar Set: removed % Crit damage bonus and reduced increased Burn Duration to 50%, as the bonuses were moved to the rifle. Increased % Attack Speed to 20%, added Burn damage to skill proc
Ulzuin's Flamespreader: increased Burn Duration Bonus to 100%, % Crit Damage to 20% and Health to 490
Ulzuin's Infernal Avatar Set: removed % Crit damage bonus and reduced increased Burn Duration to 50%, as the bonuses were moved to the rifle. Increased % Attack Speed to 25%, added Burn damage to skill proc
Mythical Ulzuin's Flamespreader: increased Burn Duration Bonus to 130%, % Crit Damage to 22% and Health to 740
Uroboruuk's Guise Set: increased Aether damage modifier for Drain Essence to 94
Valguur's Focus: added 50 Vitality damage midifier for Sigil of Consumption
Warpfire: reduced Burn Duration to 33%
Wildheart Vanguard Set: replaced Vitality damage modifier for Grasping Vines with a 40% Weapon damage modifer
Witching Hour: reduced All Resist Reduction for pets on the granted skill to 24 and the % Chaos damage bonus for pets to 200%

[Class & Skills]

Pet Energy no longer scales with skill rank. Energy based on pet's level increased to compensate.
Increased frequency with which non-player scaling pets use their special attacks and reduced their energy costs.

Devotion

Excluded Rune of Hagarrad and Rune of Kalastor from being assigned to several Celestial Powers that they cannot trigger due to how they function (ex. Guardian's Gaze cannot circle around an entity that no longer exists)
Aeon's Hourglass: reduced Defensive Ability to 45
Assassin: increased % Pierce damage to 90%
Autumn Boar: added 30% All Retaliation damage and 10 Internal Trauma damage / 5s
Bard's Harp: increased % Pierce damage to 90%
Huntress: increased % Pierce damage to 50%
Light of Empyrion: increased % Health for the player and pets to 10%, increased % Aether/Chaos Resist for the player and pets to 20%
Lizard: increased Health to 100 and % Health Regen to 25%
Typhos: added 15% Bleed resist for the player and pets, increased % Physical Resist for the player to 4% and for pets to 10%, increased % All Speed for pets to 6%
Unknown Soldier: increased % Pierce/Bleed damage to 180%
Arcane Currents: increased activation chance to 20%
Bysmiel's Command: summoned pet now reduces Offensive Ability with its attacks and gains % Crit damage with rank. Its special attacks now deal a portion of its attack damage.
Flame Torrent: reduced % Weapon damage to 26% and reduced Fire damage scaling with rank
Howl of Mogdrogen: now also grants Bleed damage for pets and increased chance of applying Defensive Ability Reduction for the player to 100% and increased its value to 156 by max rank
Living Shadow: increased % Attack Damage Converted to Health to 25%
Time Dilation: increased cooldown by 1s
Trample: reduced cooldown to 0.3s and increased activation chance to 33%, reduced Knockdown duration to 0.8-1.5s

Soldier

Counter Strike: % Weapon damage now scales with rank, starting at 5% scaling up to 20% by rank 16, 25% by max ultimate rank. Increased Bleed damage scaling with rank.
Menhir's Bulwark: increased % All Retaliation damage to 135% by rank 12, 210% by max ultimate rank
Oleron's Rage: added % Physical damage bonus matching the % Internal Trauma damage bonus

Demolitionist

Canister Bomb: increased Burn damage scaling with rank
High Impact: added chance of % Internal Trauma damage that triggers alongside the % Physical damage bonus, reduced Energy cost scaling with rank
Shattering Blast: reduced Energy cost scaling with rank
Mortar Trap: increased projectile speed by 33%
Thermite Mines: increased duration mines last after triggering to 12s (from 8s), added clarification to the tooltip that mines have a finite lifespan once activated.

Occultist

Summon Familiar: added % Crit damage bonus scaling with rank and increased Electrocute damage scaling with rank. Basic attack now deals a portion of its Attack damage with each orb.
Lightning Strike: added Electrocute damage. Now also deals up to 100% of the pet's attack damage (scaling with rank) in addition to the skill's damage.
Summon Hellhound: increased damage dealt by Blazing Death. Blazing Death now scales with the rank of the skill rather than the pet's level. Added % Crit damage bonus scaling with rank.
Ember Claw: now also deals up to 85% of the pet's attack damage (scaling with rank) in addition to the skill's damage. Now strikes up to 5 targets. % Crit damage bonus removed.
Infernal Breath: now also deals up to 72% of the pet's attack damage (scaling with rank) in addition to the skill's damage. % Crit damage bonus removed.

Nightblade

Blade Barrier: cooldown increased to 36s at rank 1, scaling to its previous values of 16s by rank 12. Cooldown now scales smoothly at ultimate ranks to its previous value of 14s by max ultimate rank. Increased Health Regeneration and Pierce Retaliation scaling with rank, particularly at ultimate ranks.
Dual Blades: added % Physical Resist bonus, 10% by rank 16, 16% by max ultimate rank
Pneumatic Burst: increased base % Heal by 2% and improved % Heal scaling at ultimate ranks to 40% by max ultimate rank and increased % Total Speed scaling at ultimate ranks to 18% by max ultimate rank
Whirling Death: increased % Weapon damage to 100% at rank 1, 120% by rank 8, 140% by max ultimate rank. Significantly increased Pierce and Bleed damage scaling with rank, but Bleed damage now lasts for 3s.

Arcanist

Albrecht's Aether Ray: increased base damage, reduced base Energy Cost by 5
Mirror of Ereoctes: cooldown increased to 38s at rank 1, 20s by rank 12, but now continues to scale into ultimate ranks to its previous value of 18s by max ultimate rank

Shaman

Brute Force: added Health bonus, 700 by rank 12, 1800 by max ultimate rank
Conjure Primal Spirit: added % Crit damage bonus scaling with rank. Special attacks now deal the pet's full Attack damage.
Primal Bond: added flat Bleed damage bonus for the player and pets, added % Internal Trauma bonus matching the % Physical damage bonus and a % Bleed Duration bonus
Stormcaller's Pact: added % Cold damage bonus matching the % Frostburn damage bonus
Summon Briarthorn: added % Crit damage bonus scaling with rank. Cleaving basic attack now deals the pet's full attack damage.
Ground Slam: now also deals up to 85% of the pet's attack damage (scaling with rank) in addition to the skill's damage, radius increased by 25% and Internal Trauma damage increased. % Crit damage bonus removed
Upheaval: now also strikes the initial target with the area damage, % Weapon damage adjusted accordingly

Inquisitor

Ranged Expertise: increased % Pierce/Elemental damage scaling at ultimate ranks to 100%
Storm Box of Elgoloth: increased duration to 6s

Necromancer

Mark of Torment: increased cooldown to 18s
Reap Spirit: Increased Aether and Vitality Decay damage scaling with rank. Wraiths are now appropriately immune to Bleed damage and all forms of Crowd Control, as Empyrion intended. Fixed an issue where the Wraith's nova attack was doing significantly less damage than intended.
Summon Blight Fiend: now casts Rotting Fumes faster, increased damage dealt by Virulent Death. Added % Crit damage bonus scaling with rank.
Unstable Anomaly: the Transmuted version of the Blight Fiend now summons nearly instantly, increased Energy Cost Reduction to 60% and Duration to 12s.
Blight Burst: now also deals up to 45% of the pet's attack damage (scaling with rank) in addition to the skill's damage. % Crit damage bonus removed.
KDH

Post by KDH »

... A week late on the previous update .. (I've drifted away)
... Grim Misadventure #138: .. Moving Right Along
The introduction of Rune Augments for Medals that are Movement based:
Spoiler:
Rift Tear
Enlarge Image
Leap
Enlarge Image
Rush
Enlarge Image
The Runes themselves will also feature several versions. The most common of these will be available for purchase from the three new friendly factions we are introducing in Forgotten Gods. As soon as you pledge your Oath to one of the Witch God cults, you will gain access to two of the six listed above!

The Link provides more info ...

Check back on 05/28/2018 for the next Grim Misadventure.

also .. there was an 18mb bug-fix patch today
Spoiler:

Grim Dawn Version 1.0.6.1 Changelog

V1.0.6.1 Hotfix 1

[Crucible]

Fixed Mutators with armor bonuses not updating Armor Rating on the character sheet.

[Tech]

Fixed a display issue where Olexra's Flash Freeze would show a higher chance to activate Celestial Powers than it actually has.
Fixed a display issue that displayed player damage for % of Pet Attack Damage on pet ability tooltips.
Fixed an issue where colorblind modes would brighten the display.

[Itemization]

Fixed an issue where the Wildheart Vanguard Set's modifier for Grasping Vines was not correctly applying.

[Class & Skills]
Shaman

Fixed an issue where Upheaval would not damage the primary target.
Fixed an issue where Upheaval would result in basic attacks being possible in a scenario where the character has 100%+ chance to activate Weapon Pool Skills. Weapon Pool Skills now correctly take priority over Upheaval. What this means is that if you achieve 100% WPS, Upheaval can never trigger as no basic attacks remain for it to trigger from).

Necromancer

Fixed an issue where Blight Fiends would not live as long as intended when using the Unstable Anomaly Transmuter.

KDH

Post by KDH »

... :pop: ... hey, how many of you know that Crate is working on a city builder?

I don't hang out on their forums, but I have seen a couple mentions of a city builder that Arthur Bruno (medierra) is working on

So I did a little digging:

from a Dec-25 2017 post
Merry Christmas and to all a Grim Night!
Happy holidays! Whatever holidays you may be celebrating.

I'm looking forward to sharing exciting news in the new year, both for Grim Dawn and our new project. For anyone who doesn't follow our social media, here's a repost of the holiday "card" we put together, showing a peek of the new game we've been working on:

Enlarge Image

And from another thread
Originally Posted by medierra

We also are planning another "spin-off" game that is based on GD but a somewhat different kind of game.

The totally new non-GD project we're working on uses Unity.

Enlarge Image

He mentions the Settler series and how he was disappointed with the recent changes .. and that he may have to write his own .. so he can chop wood and hew stone

or somethin'

Settlers 7 WTFFF!?!1 - Looking for a good strategy game .. (May, 2014)
Can anyone suggest a game that is more along the lines of what I'm looking for? I basically want a strategy game where you start out with next to nothing in some wilderness setting (preferably with randomly generated maps), build up a settlement from nothing, and then maybe get into a fight with your neighbors. I'm looking for something more focused on economy and building than battles though, otherwise I'd just go play SC2 or whatever.

Hmm, played a bit more... seems like a decently made game but it has just lost a certain magic for me.

Dawn of Discovery isn't available on Steam and, while it looks closer to what I want, it sounds like it isn't exactly what I'm looking for either. It seems the only solution is to make my own strategy / town-builder game. I'll have to get right on it as soon as Grim Dawn is finished!
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Finally finished VH with the gunslinger type character. I had to learn to let go of my epics and not be reluctant to replace with gear with better defense/resistances and then go combine epics to see what would pop out.

Not sure if i want to take another character to the end or not- if so it would be the mechanical suit with the shield.

Grim Dawn just flat out kicks my ass in the new expansion......not sure why but it is hard for me so hard that it is a turn off.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Couple times I've wanted to go back and finish the Complete Van Helsing (i'm in the 3rd game), but the save game won't work. Was playing online. Tried starting over and not being on their game servers (not offline from Steam though), save game still doesn't seem to work (and I was not particularly excited at the idea of starting over as I'd played 1 & 2 through w/ a gunslinger when they came out and started over on this full version w/ a the robot pet building class).
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Lady Katrina does make it entertaining. I have a few classes up in the 30s and after playing to end with the gunslinger I finally understand, somewhat, how to concentrate on skills and not diversify.......it is so cheap to retrain that I realized spreading out skill points is a waste.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Jaddison wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:53 pm Lady Katrina does make it entertaining. I have a few classes up in the 30s and after playing to end with the gunslinger I finally understand, somewhat, how to concentrate on skills and not diversify.......it is so cheap to retrain that I realized spreading out skill points is a waste.
Katrina definitely makes the story much more enjoyable! :)