Mashinky

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Greybriar

Mashinky

Post by Greybriar »

I just received an email advising me: "Mashinky is now available in Early Access on Steam"

Mashinky's Steam Store page states: "Mashinky is a transport strategy game about trains. The goal is to create your own transport empire on a procedurally generated map. It’s a unique blend of realistic graphics combined with an isometric construction mode and board game-like rules."

I rarely spring for an Early Access title, especially one selling for full price. But I need something to scratch my itch for a railroad game--at least until Railway Empire is released next year.
The education of a man is never completed until he dies. --Robert E. Lee
tgb

Re: Mashinky

Post by tgb »

I have it on my wishlist. A lot of EA titles are coming out now at the $25-$30 price point. I hope that's just an aberration and not a trend.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A couple of first impression game play videos from a nice guy in Sweden.

One
Two
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

tgb wrote:I have it on my wishlist. A lot of EA titles are coming out now at the $25-$30 price point. I hope that's just an aberration and not a trend.
This but it seems like a trend and one I'm kinda rebelling against. Games (that I have been playing) seem to be headed back in to the realm of "never fully worked out before moving on to something else" and that's OK for $10 but $20+, not so much.

I am still looking forward to Railway Empire. That looks to be a scratch I've had an itch for since RRTII.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

LordMortis wrote:
tgb wrote:I have it on my wishlist. A lot of EA titles are coming out now at the $25-$30 price point. I hope that's just an aberration and not a trend.
This but it seems like a trend and one I'm kinda rebelling against. Games (that I have been playing) seem to be headed back in to the realm of "never fully worked out before moving on to something else" and that's OK for $10 but $20+, not so much.

I am still looking forward to Railway Empire. That looks to be a scratch I've had an itch for since RRTII.
At this point I am evaluating early access as if the game will never progress. If there's enough gameplay there for the amount of money they are charging, great. If not, I'll wait until there is. I'd love to hear more about this game, but it's a bit bare at the moment.
KDH

Post by KDH »

... Enlarge Image
... :coffee: ...Mashinky Editor .. Available May 16

Hello respected community!

It has been a loooong time, full of issues to solve, unclear plan estimates and I am so glad we can move further and finally release the Mashinky's map Editor!

Changelog is quite long, so I need to prepare it for you, but in few days, I will release editor update with these main changes:

Advanced map editor (with GPU brushes, industry / towns planning etc)
Support for loading / saving height, vegetation or humidity maps
First set of hand made maps
7000+ real towns locations and size for automatic placement
Many fixes and improvements
New steam engine "Elishka"

It was not an easy task and I want to appologise to all of you for such delay. What started as a "hey, lets add possibility to load heightmap" to something rather complex requiring to rewrite some game parts (generating towns, industries, changing map size, dynamic ownership of map items etc.).

I've learned a lot and I will do my best to meantime ensure some content updates coming.

Full steam ahead!

I've also decided to focus on Mashinky and I will work on this game on full time starting next month! This should speed up the development radically. We can also switch back to content updates soon!

Thanks for all your patience, looking forward to see your creativity in the Editor and have a nice weekend!

Best,
Jan
Ain't nobody got time for that
KDH

Post by KDH »

... A roadmap for Mashinky
... :tools-hammerdrill: ... trello.com ... mashinky-roadmap
Ain't nobody got time for that