Gas Guzzlers Extreme

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

Gas Guzzlers Extreme

Post by Rumpy »

Has anyone been playing this? It's a car combat/racing game. Kind of fun and it's got a decent friction model for an arcade game. It seems to be built up around competitive gaming, because while there is a single-player campaign, there are arena-style deathmatches that you have to pass in order to move on to other tiers.

The thing is, these arena-style deathmatches suck. And that's mostly because there's a total lack of spatial awareness going on, important given the blind spots that cars have. They don't give you enough visual feedback about where your targets are, as a result you can easily get ganged upon, and they become frustrating more than fun. They're easily the weakest part of the game as a result.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Gas Guzzlers Extreme

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Played about 2 hours, according to Steam. Did not like, real mushy feeling and agree with your assessment about spatial awareness.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Rumpy

Re: Gas Guzzlers Extreme

Post by Rumpy »

The surprising thing for me is how highly rated it is. I'd never have guessed that if the arena were my first impression of it. The actual racing is fun, once you get the controls set up correctly, so if they'd remove the deathmatches and just focus on the different types of racing, they'd have a decent game on their hands.

I'd still be up for some racing with anyone who owns this.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti