Elex -RPG by Piranha Bytes

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Elex -RPG by Piranha Bytes

Post by coopasonic »

Jag wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:59 am Glad you liked it. Definitely a Gothic style game with a Fallout feel. Worth picking up on sale for a playthrough. I probably won't play it again though.
The flamethrower comments pretty much saved the game for me. If I hadn't heard about that I am not sure I ever would have finished it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This is $20 right now on GOGs Lantern sale. I wish this was a normal time for me as Id try and get it or something else. So much on sale Ive wanted for so long. Now I dont care....sorta. Part of me still does a little. Anyways maybe someone else here would find the price good and enjoy it. Good luck.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I enjoyed the game so much that I played it all the way through twice. A diamond in the rough.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im just starting and in the first town but man do they annoy me. I cant even look at my map or equip stuff without them telling me to put that away. They hate tech...but looking at the map is so silly..I need to look at it all the time to see quest npcs and locations.

And that gate guard Drog...Ill kick his butt ONE day. At first I couldn't dent him. But after getting some armor and a weapon I can knock him down and get him half hurt before I lose the fight. Thats even with me guzzling health pots. Wont be long before I can mark that first quest off lol.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wish there was a way to con enemies before they engage me...or in the case of people if they are even enemies. By the times im in combat and see the skull icon over their head its too late. When I have orag with me he may sometimes say "This might be challenging" to kinda warn me.

Then again I dont recall the Gothic games being able to con either. And I dearly love those games. This game gives me the vibes ...well it is the same company..I think. But Im kinda hoping stuff isn't just placed willy nilly. Like i found some army vehicles crossing a river from long ago...id hope to find a base or some place along the road they were going..but so far nothing. I loved doing that in Fallout 4 as well. Wonder just what was going on in the past when it stopped where it did..where it came from where it was going....could find the spots and loot them or know the story. Thats what I want.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id also like it if the map showed markers for all quests I have. As is I have to turn one off then another on and it only shows locations for one at a time. I have no idea if another quest is nearby this way. Id like all of them marked and show info for what quest it is and what is to do there if I hover over a marker..

All I see are npcs marked i need to speak to so far.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Are there any clans super worth joining over others? Im not far in....Ive done most of the stuff for the Berzerker town or am working on it. Stuff around there like bandits can still kill me easy. But Ive made my way north to the domed city...stuff up here about all kills me..I have Duras with me. So Im able to kill skull con stuff with him if its only 1 at a time. Im still using a 23 damage melee and workers armor. So noob.

I like the berzerkers. Want to see what the outlaws are like. I dont want to be robbing and killing for them though. I want to pla ya tech guy..guns and mechs so the clerics look like maybe they are who I want if they are not total religious snobs who hate everyone else. I know I dont want to be an Alb as they are weird and tried to kill me.

And WORST of all is Ive only found ONE frickin teleporter outside the first town and its near the domed city up north. Im walking so damn much. Either Im missing them or there are none or they are scattered waaaay apart.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Also Ive not figured out skills at all. Is there no way to choose and upgrade your skills without a NPC to do it for you? Like do I need to actually find and go to the Outlaws to raise my lockpicking ? How do i raise crafting? I cant even make an arrow.

Worst is Im finding all kinds of ore veins even elex...but cant mine them. Its a strange system.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Trainer:
To improve your various abilities, it is necessary to find an appropriate Trainer and ask them to teach you. To do this, you must have sufficient Skill Points and Elexit.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ugh awful way to do it. Ill never remember where all these unopened chests and ore veins are by the time Im strong enough to get to areas with the right trainer.

So be it..it will be a straight line to the finish for this game and no crafting and missing loot.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This game is kicking my ass. Half the stuff I encounter around the beginning town kills me even wit ha npc with me. I cant make any money even picking up everything, I cant learn skills because it requires finding trainers who reside in even hard areas of a huge map where you walk everywhere. I cant use better weps ..the much better ones...because i dont have the points in str and con or whatever even though ive put them all in those and it requires lvl'n to get more and I cant lvl if Im dying evey time i turn around.

Just now within 15 min died 8 times to animals and bandits and mutants. Died another time in a building...just fell dead..guessing radiation or something I cant see. I can see the green poison buildings.

Also HATE HATE hate the map and the quest log. They are just plain awful and almost useless. I think Ill set the game aside for a few days and see how I feel about returning. I have really liked it at times and ots basically Gothic like I said and I dearly loved those. Finished them . But this one..not sure. Ive deleted everything else. My friend calls me mr Delete. its all I do..get mad delete get mad delete. I think I tried and deleted 15 games last week.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I seem to remember early on I lured rival enemies within range of each other and let them kill each other. Then I finished off the weak stragglers. YMMV.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter