Another game in my mind Id like

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Another game in my mind Id like

Post by Daehawk »

Ive been watching videos for Deserts of Kharak. Seeing the big land carriers moving in the desert fired this imagination game. I would love to have a cross between Deserts of Kharak and Heavy Gear along wit ha few others. Anyone remember HG? Its the game Activision made when they lost the Mechwarrior license.

But Id want a sim game in the style of Mech Commander . Basically it would be Heavy Gear Commander. You'd run it from an overhead view mostly. You'd start with your mother ship land carrier and some pilots and mechs. From there mix in some Mercenaries so you pick missions, outfit your guys, pick their new skills and send them on their way. You could have top ranked soldiers become commanders and lead squads themselves while you oversaw the entire game and could lead your own elite squad.

Buy new mechs for your guys. Promote soldiers like in Xcom who have done well and survived and learned new skills. And ala Star Wolves you could up gun and upgrade your giant land carrier as you move across the desert planet going into tougher and more expensive zones.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

So you'd mix Heavy Gear, Deserts of Kharak, Star Wolves and Mechcommander with a bit of MW Mercenaries.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Cylus Maxii

Re: Another game in my mind Id like

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I'd buy and play that.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

There is no hug button. Sad!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thought of 2 more and might as well post them here. Not as thought out because they just dawned on me. Both would be Babylon 5 based.

1. A B5 station sim. Run it like the show. Host alien gatherings. Protect your friends. Upgrade the station with arms, armor, and ships. Call in Omega reinforcements. In the meantime add new levels and rooms to serve the populace. Provide security and food and quarters for your crew. A full blown space station sim.

2. A B5 4x. Just like any good 4x but wit hB5 as your base and Earthforce as your fleet. Omegs Destroyers, Warlock Destroyers, Nova Dreadnaughts. Spread out and find new life and bring it to heel. Then get your ass kicked by the Minbari :) Of course group up for when the Shadows randomly attack. Train telepaths to add to your arsenal. SO much to think of to do.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"