Star Trek PC game 2009 Kirk

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Star Trek PC game 2009 Kirk

Post by Daehawk »

Thats the title I had to use because the game is simply called Star Trek. I own it on Steam yet theres no longer a store page for it. I tried to look it up online to see if it had a sub title or who made it but I cant find a damn thing on it. Its like it doesn't exist. And as buggy as it is I dont blame the makers. Most lists online have the top 10 Star Trek games. This will be no where near that list.

Anyways its the 2009 Trek crew and you play with an AI controlled Spock fighting the Gorn. If you're lucky you get another player to play Spock. Ive tried this game once before but it was SO buggy and a huge mess I could not play. Not that it wasn't fun just it was game stopping bugs.

Like this go. I figured after a year maybe they patched it. NOPE. Just now I noticed I cant use my tricorder...a needed item vital to the game. If I pull out my phaser my hand goes up like I have it theres nothing in my hand and the phaser is still on my hip. Then I notice a npc that is supposed to be following me is nowhere around. I backtrack and he is simply standing there spinning in circles. WONDERFUL!

Sigh.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
ColdSteel

Re: Star Trek PC game 2009 Kirk

Post by ColdSteel »

Shouldn't this be in the PC Gaming Randomness thread?
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

http://www.ign.com/games/star-trek-the-game/pc-110385

Is this it? If so, then I have to ask how hard did you look? :) I found this using the search terms "star trek pc game 2009". Took me all of 30 seconds :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I think that with all the criticism the game got, they simply wanted to forget about it and stopped selling it and supporting it. The game bombed and there hasn't been a Trek game since.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Grifman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 pm http://www.ign.com/games/star-trek-the-game/pc-110385

Is this it? If so, then I have to ask how hard did you look? :) I found this using the search terms "star trek pc game 2009". Took me all of 30 seconds :)
I think I used the same term minus the 'game' word.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh how I HATE this game. Worst Trek game ever. Its a buggy pos that is programmed by silly people. OIY((*T(^*&

Ill skip the bugs...lets talk crappy dev way or no way crap game play.

A Gorn gets on the Enterprise and Im tasked with catching it. How does it go? Like shit of course.

1. I am supposed to stop it but it has a cloak it uses to stay invis. Ok Ill just shoot at where its gun fire is coming from right at me. NOTHING happens. No cant do it THAT way. I gotta turn on the sprinklers to show where it is. That works. But why cant I do it my way!?

2. Ive hurt it and it escapes in a turbolift. Its left its blood on the wall beside it. I can scan a lot and get extra exp in this game so Ill scan the blood. No? Why cant I scan the blood. Chekhov comes on the intercom.."Scan some blood so we can track it"...wait why cant our sensors track it unless I scan bloo...aww ya know what who cares Ill do it. Cant scan..cant scan..wtf...oh I have to wait on Spock to say "Maybe we should find some blood to scan and track the beast Captain"...when the blood is 2" in front of my nose. FINALLY I scan it and move on.

3. Now Im on engineering and Scotty is yapping on the comm.."Its bypassed our stuff Jim and has taken over systems. I cant help you."...How the hell does an alien come on board a Federation starship and instantly know how to use our system either with passwords or some sort or hacking it?>...BEYOND stupid.

And this is all after it beamed onto the ship while fighting Spock to start with. Why wasn't it held in the buffer??? Its an alien id in the transporter signal.

I just HATE this game SO much!! Its such an AWFUL game...yet I want to try and finish it...its a Star Trek game..I gotta try. But good Lord its pissing me off with EVERY decision they made. And these are just 3 out of at least 20 Ive seen since starting it...which wasn't long ago.

No wonder so much seems to have been done to hide this game online.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The game is "tolerable" for me. It's set in the JJTrek reboot universe. While the visuals are okay, and there are a couple interesting moments, it's also very twitch-based, all shoot and run, basically. Your redshirts are totally useless, and the Gorn basically turned into the Borg. WTF. Still, with so few Star Trek games it's really... eh... it gets 3/8 just because it exists and it doesn't TOTALLY suck. But there are a lot of other problems too.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Miss the days of 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites.