Turkey Day Damage Thread

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tgb

Turkey Day Damage Thread

Post by tgb »

Encompassing all sales including Steam, GOG, GMG, EA, LSMFT, PDQ, ETC.

So far just Holy Potatoes - We're In Space which I've been waffling on forever, but couldn't resist for $7.50
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Pyperkub

Re: Turkey Day Damage Thread

Post by Pyperkub »

Xbox one x. 65" OLED tonight or Friday
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Nothing from Steam but the boxed version of OPART IV from Matrix.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Nothing on PC but I picked up that PS4 Horizon game, on sale. Scrolled through my Steam wishlist and nothing jumped out at me.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Things I would be buying or considering buying for Black Friday were I not living off a severance package that will run out soon As it is, this list is just an exercise in lieu of buying. :D I'm going through the motions as it were, checking deals, etc.

-65" TV (my old plasma has massive vertical lines going through almost the middle) (have not seen any great price drops on these yet - some ok deals, but not jaw droppers...yet)
-some kind of new console (probably PS4). My 12 (13?) year old PS3 is on its last legs. (saw a great deal on a slim PS$ for $199!) PS4 1TB Pro version bundle with controller and Destiny 2 included, for $350. Wow.
-laptop (13 or 14" ) (some SWEET deals on these hit yesterday - if you are looking, check your deal sites this morning)
This one looks fantastic: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075 ... PDKIKX0DER
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I damaged some skeletons on EQ.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'll probably bite on Bayonetta, but nothing else is getting low enough to be in my price range. Even Bayonetta is a little more than I want to spend, but I've heard good things about it and I'm partial to 3rd person action combat games right now.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I REALLY wanted Middle Earth: Shadow of War for $25 (PS4), but it was already on my Christmas list. And from past experience, I know that buying something that is on my Christmas list is grounds for divorce.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

So far just ESO: Morrowind.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

I got a refund on Holy Potatoes (I found the combat tedious) and grabbed Logistical instead, so I'm out a whopping $5 (so far).
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:16 pm I'll probably bite on Bayonetta, but nothing else is getting low enough to be in my price range. Even Bayonetta is a little more than I want to spend, but I've heard good things about it and I'm partial to 3rd person action combat games right now.
Bayonetta is an amazing - and utterly absurd - action game. You’ll love it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, when I played it on the Xbox360 after it first came out, it was a major WTF series of moments. I've since played other games that make it seem normal by comparison, but it's quite enjoyable.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My wife bought a pair of gloves for PUBG.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Tao

Post by Tao »

So far I have picked up Monster's Den: Godfall for $10, at a 33% discount. I enjoyed the previous version, The Book of Dread, which by the way is $1.25 right now and definitely worth it if you like party based rogue likes. I enjoyed the earlier one as it had just the right amount of tactical depth while still being simple enough to play in short blocks. Godfall really expanded on the premise with factions a deeper story, an overland world map etc. I am only a few hours in and it's not bad but somehow I am missing the simplicity of the previous one.

Also ordered a new 65" OLED. I am a very deliberative buyer and went back and forth about whether to buy a TV and which one to get. Made two visits to Best Buy this week and finally decided to pull the trigger last night only to find just about every major retailer was sold out of the model I decided on (LG OLED65B7A). I really wanted to purchase/pick up in store but not happening so I ordered and it will be delivered in 2 weeks. Not a huge deal, gives me time to find and purchase a piece of furniture to place it on and have the sound bar I decide to get (Yamaha 207BL) delivered from Amazon. Between the Black Friday sale and a bunch of Best Buy gift cards I had basically got the TV for 50% off.

I am also planning to pick up Age of Fear on steam for $5 which is 66% off, Disgaea 2 for $12, 40% off and Low Magic for $3.50 also 40% off. Still on the fence regarding Stars in Shadows and Star Crawlers both of which are about $13. I am going to hold off on Shadow of War until the Christmas sale.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Divine Divinity (for $.59, it seemed worth a shot) and Anno 1503 ($2.03, cheap enough to find out if I might like these games).

Considering Endless Space 2, but thinking I might wait for the winter sale. Either getting Dom 5 on release or possibly waiting for winter sale to see if it goes on sale at all (if it doesn't release with a minor sale).

Thanks Tao, couple more games on the wishlist.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Steam:Rails to Riches because $5, board game, and trains.

(O.T. - I wish someone would remake 1830 for modern PCs).

I was planning to grab Dom 5 on Monday if the price is right, but realized I had barely touched 4, other than going through the tutorial, so reinstalled that instead.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

When I get back home I think I'll be grabbing Battlestar Galactica Deadlock for $29.99. Price is reasonable and the developers seem to have all sorts of improvements they're adding to the game. That Fields Of Glory 2 thread is also tempting me, damnit.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

I picked up GTA4 and Tacoma on Steam and Planet Explorers on GOG. I also got a wireless router from Costco that is backordered, but that works out for my budget. Spread out the debt!

P.S. Regarding GTA4 - GFY GFWL (Games for Windows Live) zombie leftovers! - if anyone picks up that game and can't get it to save I'll explain what to do. You can't sign into Live anymore, at least not the way it wants to. You have to create a local account. I couldn't get the XBox Live account to work. When the Live dropdown appears you go two screens in to the one that explains online accounts, but hidden down on that page is a link to create a local account instead. Don't jump right to the signin page, that won't work.

Oh I forgot one, Hitman GO! I really liked the Lara Croft GO game, so this one was a guaranteed buy - $1.99.
There is no hug button. Sad!
MindToyGames

Post by MindToyGames »

Got the $350 off a Galaxy 8 phone deal at Best Buy on Black Friday, considering my regular 3 year old phone is starting to act weird and die. Great deal, cheaper than even older phones. 0 down and free shipping. Oh yeah!

Nothing on Steam appealing to me that I don't already have, though the discounts are pretty deep this year, I notice.
Derek - Wayward Indie Game Designer/Doer of Many Things/CEO, SimProse Studios
My Steam Developer Clubhouse: https://store.steampowered.com/developer/simprose
Glycerine

Post by Glycerine »

I picked up the Fallout 4 Season Pass for $25, Planet Coaster for $20, and Dark Souls III for $23.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Lost Technology
Age of Gladiators
Shenzhen Solitaire

total cost $4.12

I don't have a ton of gaming time right but I think I can get my moneys worth on these 3.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Sunday still Turkey Day?

I bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 for my kids to share. Since I force-choked them into giving up their saved allowance, it cost me only $20.

Right now they're playing it on two machines (one in offline mode). If they want to play online at the same time, they're going to need a lot more allowance.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:00 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:16 pm I'll probably bite on Bayonetta, but nothing else is getting low enough to be in my price range. Even Bayonetta is a little more than I want to spend, but I've heard good things about it and I'm partial to 3rd person action combat games right now.
Bayonetta is an amazing - and utterly absurd - action game. You’ll love it.
You weren't kidding. This might be the most ridiculously awesome combat I've ever seen. I could do without the vamping, but the rest of it is just insane.

Love the combo system.

I guess this is what Sonic would be if he was a vamping gun-kata master in high heels and glasses.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I finally broke down and bought something. Prey for PC for $16 (GMG).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I bought a couple of tabletop simulator DLC and Zafehouse Diaries 2.

Trying to decide whether to buy:
Along the Edge
The Low Road
Life is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

$7.50 +/- on Tales of Maj'eyal plus the two DLC.

Been on my wishlist for awhile and I felt the need to distract myself from the rest of my back log.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

So far, I've walked off with... So far I've pumped around 20 hours into CryptArk, and have enjoyed it a lot - but it's a very grindy game. It's a Rogue-Like, but the only thing you carry over from one death to another are Artifacts, which are simply currency to unlock new combat suits and then variations of paint jobs on those combat suits. There's three game modes that all have the same play style with different objectives, and I've beaten one and made it 60% of the way through the next. I've unlocked every suit and some different paint jobs. The only reason left to play is because it's fun to blow things up and get challenged by it.

I've picked up Deadnaut and want to get into it more, but its cryptic interface is daunting. There's a lot going on there. I "passed" my first salvage but have no idea if I did well or poorly, or if I missed anything.
Last edited by Paingod on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Not Turkey Day, but did just order a used copy of Nioh for PS4 from Gamefly for $20. Not too shabby.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:07 pm Not Turkey Day, but did just order a used copy of Nioh for PS4 from Gamefly for $20. Not too shabby.
I just finished it on PC. If you like Souls games, even better Bloodborne, it is pretty awesome. If you don't like dying you may be sad. :twisted:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 am Love the combo system.
So I was watching a video of a gamer explaining the combo system in Bayonetta. It's a lot more detailed and sophisticated than I first thought. In fact it's a little intimidating if you want to do anything other than mash buttons (which I can attest works perfectly fine as well).

Very detailed, very cool combo system with lots of great looking moves.

Oh, and it was a woman gamer explaining everything, which I thought was particularly cool, not because Bayonetta is a woman, but because it was detailed, sophisticated game mechanics that she was explaining flawlessly. You don't (well, I don't) see that much attention to detail from women gamers, normally.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Enlarge Image
naednek

Post by naednek »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:54 am Enlarge Image
lol. The whole time I kept saying oh no, he's going there. don't do it. he did it.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

*yawn*